Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Forgotten Then Grendel

(XBOX)Apoll0 666

I haven't played super long, I still in fact consider myself a noob. But recently I was reading a warframe article and it said, and i quote "Of course, Zephyr isn’t the most popular of frames". Z-zephyr? What? I had never ever heard of this frame or seen it in game or on video. Was she taken out or something? I didn't even know she existed, from what I've seen Xaku is the last alphabetically. (Sorry for the text size change, i can't fix it : /). Why is this frame so forgotten and not spoken of? I read her release date on Warframe Wiki and she came out in 2014, what's wrong with her? What are her abilities and why don't people like them?

Just now, ReddyDisco said:

people don't like zephyr? lies and conspiracy i tell you!

/s

I didn't even know she existed 🤣, I read her abilities on the wiki and she sounds super powerful and versatile. But from what I read, she's clunky and unreliable. Definitely looks fun to play though, I wanna toss tornadoes around, least imo.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

I didn't even know she existed 🤣, I read her abilities on the wiki and she sounds super powerful and versatile. But from what I read, she's clunky and unreliable. Definitely looks fun to play though, I wanna toss tornadoes around, least imo.

Tornadoes unironically are pretty strong but only if you use a pure electric weapon to supercharge them, like fulmin

apart from that she's a swiss army knife that can do it all in theory but inreality she's as effective as throwing an actual swiss army knife at a grineer

1 minute ago, ReddyDisco said:

Tornadoes unironically are pretty strong but only if you use a pure electric weapon to supercharge them, like fulmin

apart from that she's a swiss army knife that can do it all in theory but inreality she's as effective as throwing an actual swiss army knife at a grineer

I didn't even see her on the tier lists I've seen, like, is she really that bad? I've seen Hyroid and Nyx in game. I've even seen Grendels at relays, but nope, never even seen or knew of Zephyr until now.

1 minute ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

I didn't even see her on the tier lists I've seen, like, is she really that bad? I've seen Hyroid and Nyx in game. I've even seen Grendels at relays, but nope, never even seen or knew of Zephyr until now.

People don't like Zephyrs passive which makes her much lighter than other frames. I think that's the main reason you don't see people playing her she's a decent all round frame but the floatiness is hard to get used too so people go for one of the other decent frames if that's what they need. 

I wish they didn't butchered Zephyr's Turbulence.

I thought that ability is great against every enemy type that shoots. But no. The Jugulus shoots right through it. The Saxum shoots right through it. Flamethrower units shoot right through it.

She had the best defensive ability ever and they #*!%ed it.

1 minute ago, JackHargreav said:

I thought that ability is great against every enemy type that shoots. But no. The Jugulus shoots right through it. The Saxum shoots right through it. Flamethrower units shoot right through it.

I think the two infested units when they "shoot" it's counted as a melee attack so rather than being specifically anti zephyr I think it's an oversight 

4 minutes ago, Troposphere6 said:

I think the two infested units when they "shoot" it's counted as a melee attack so rather than being specifically anti zephyr I think it's an oversight 

yep, mesa gets rekt by those jugulas units aswell because thrown infested projectiles are counted as melee, makes perfect sense

3 minutes ago, Troposphere6 said:

I think there glaives. Does turbulence block Drahk Master's Halikar?

I can answer this one, since I recently levelled a Kitgun with Zephyr in Adaro.

It's a big fat no. Snaffled my kitgun right out of my hand like a fish hook through paper.

(From personal experience and other perspectives) Main issues with Zephyr are that her passive can be hard to deal with and get used to, and it doesn't necessarily benefit her kit, her 1 is a decent but uncontrollable movement ability with a subpar damage variant, 2 is a sorta decent CC tool, 3 is one of her best since it's basically damage invulnerability from *most* ranged attacks, and her 4 is basically some big but somewhat unreliable CC and damage. She has potential, but due to way how she works and is especially weak in certain areas, it's probably why you don't see her as much.

Also, X is not the last letter of the Alphabet. Z is literally the last letter. And to further show much Zephyr hasn't seem much use (taken from https://www.warframe.com/2020stats):

zephyr-usage.png

I know it may seem weird to include Xaku, but they at least have had more than 1% of usage than Zephyr had at all in 2020. I know that could be because of them being a recent Warframe, but for the other that's been around for 6 years earlier, it's a pretty disparaging. Which is why it's good that she's not only getting a Deluxe, but some buffs and changes to her abilities that could help her.

Plus, I wouldn't say Zephyr is the worst Warframe in the game, she's definitely faulty but not impossible to use to an effective point.

Problem really is Zephyrs abilities like Dive Bomb are super situational and nearly impossible to use in many areas of the map. For example in Most Areas of Kuva Fortress have low roofs making Dive Bomb impossible to use as it requires you to fly up and bomb down. 

What makes it worse is even though it is situational it also does insanely little damage for the amount of effort you use to do the ability. Though this is made up with the tailwind mod which increases damage drastically for each enemy hit. 

2nd. Is OK CC but it does buff your tornado 

3rd Ability is great.

4th Ability Tornado is a hit or miss because it can only absorb Pure Elemental damage types. So unless your weapon is geared for single element for maximum damage you won't be able to min\max the tornado damage. Most people rarely use single element damage type. 

2 minutes ago, Scruffel said:

(From personal experience and other perspectives) Main issues with Zephyr are that her passive can be hard to deal with and get used to, and it doesn't necessarily benefit her kit, her 1 is a decent but uncontrollable movement ability with a subpar damage variant, 2 is a sorta decent CC tool, 3 is one of her best since it's basically damage invulnerability from *most* ranged attacks, and her 4 is basically some big but somewhat unreliable CC and damage. She has potential, but due to way how she works and is especially weak in certain areas, it's probably why you don't see her as much.

Also, X is not the last letter of the Alphabet. Z is literally the last letter. And to further show much Zephyr hasn't seem much use (taken from https://www.warframe.com/2020stats):

zephyr-usage.png

I know it may seem weird to include Xaku, but they at least have had more than 1% of usage than Zephyr had at all in 2020. I know that could be because of them being a recent Warframe, but for the other that's been around for 6 years earlier, it's a pretty disparaging. Which is why it's good that she's not only getting a Deluxe, but some buffs and changes to her abilities that could help her.

Plus, I wouldn't say Zephyr is the worst Warframe in the game, she's definitely faulty but not impossible to use to an effective point.

I know Z isnt the last letter in the Alphabet lmao. I meant the warframes Alphabetically, Xaku came last, since I didn't know about Zephyr and thanks.

18 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

I can answer this one, since I recently levelled a Kitgun with Zephyr in Adaro.

It's a big fat no. Snaffled my kitgun right out of my hand like a fish hook through paper.

It might be something to raise when they put up the workshop for the Zephyr tweeks that glaives and projectile melee should be effected by turbulance.

16 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

There are worse frames than Zephyr, not a lot, but there are.

Nyx, Hydroid and Banshee come to mind.

Banshees sonar is actually a really good damage buff and Hydroid can provide more loot.
Nyx is still useless most of the time even when doing it for the lolz.

Its a shame that Zephyr never had what it takes to be actually viable.
Her recent buffs helped a bit but she's still lackluster compared to most other frames

14 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

Banshees sonar is actually a really good damage buff and Hydroid can provide more loot.
Nyx is still useless most of the time even when doing it for the lolz.

Its a shame that Zephyr never had what it takes to be actually viable.
Her recent buffs helped a bit but she's still lackluster compared to most other frames

Banshee's sonar is a damage buff that only works on targets that dont need extra damage to die.
Hydroid's sole saving grace indeed was pilfering swarm, but pilfering strangledome killed it, peed on the corpse and then put it up on display for everyone to see.

3 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

When did this happen? Last I checked (admittedly two weeks ago) Turbulence was coded to be less a harsh wind that interrupts enemy accuracy, and more an invisible wall that blocks all gunfire and reflects all beam weapons away at random directions

Archived