Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toxic People Over Hildryn

(PSN)xAlhaithamMortex

Okay so I don't know why people are complaining this but I'll share my side of the story. So I'm a Hildryn main that at times get complained at for using the 4th ability to defense a target in a defense mission. Honestly I find it completely stupid. If people don't know how it works, it's so simple. It grabs enemies, lift them in the air and does damage over time while spitting out energy orbs for anyone to run by and grab. But there are people who think that Hildryn is slowing down the court of the mission which is not true at all. She's not like Limbo. Limbo is worst at Defense missions because when he cast his bubble, depending on how big you make it, you have to kill enemies from the inside of the bubble. With Hildryn, you do not. It's just easy grabbing and guarding. I truly lover Hildryn, I think she's good at Defense missions or defending certain targets and she's a good Shield Tank. So to share this, I just wanted to get the word out.

Crowd control can be a pain during Defense because there is a balance to find between preventing enemies from harming the target, and still allow the squad to kill them without having to look for them. So unless you have a squadmate with potent AoE damage abilities (Saryn, Volt, etc.), keeping enemies too far away can be counterproductive.

The good thing with Aegis Storm is you can change the radius effect in-mission through elevation.

Hildryn is probably the least prominent offender of the problem, but people can care a lot about how fast enemies come through in Defense missions. Many people even use negative-strength Nova to make them come even faster.

If you want to use Hildryn in a Defense mission she still has many strengths, such as Haven affecting the objective, Pillage regenerating shields/removing armour, and Balefire just being a good AoE weapon (IIRC it ignores shield gates due to technically being an ability). Aegis Storm is just the odd one out as it messes with enemy speed.

20 minutes ago, (PSN)ZhongliMorte said:

Okay so I don't know why people are complaining this but I'll share my side of the story. So I'm a Hildryn main that at times get complained at for using the 4th ability to defense a target in a defense mission. Honestly I find it completely stupid. If people don't know how it works, it's so simple. It grabs enemies, lift them in the air and does damage over time while spitting out energy orbs for anyone to run by and grab. But there are people who think that Hildryn is slowing down the court of the mission which is not true at all. She's not like Limbo. Limbo is worst at Defense missions because when he cast his bubble, depending on how big you make it, you have to kill enemies from the inside of the bubble. With Hildryn, you do not. It's just easy grabbing and guarding. I truly lover Hildryn, I think she's good at Defense missions or defending certain targets and she's a good Shield Tank. So to share this, I just wanted to get the word out.

If your in a low level defence it’s customary to not slow or stop enemies coming into the kill zone. It’s basically a blender at the pod, there’s no real need for that ability to be on, you would be better off spamming your 1st at them as they come in. I suppose you can play the way you want, but people will acknowledge that you are slowing the mission down.

hace 1 hora, taiiat dijo:

Aegis Storm halts the Enemies it is affecting, so by definition it is slowing the Mission down.

since it's LoS bound i'm not sure it's really slowing it down in any great capacity, but it's still accurate that it is slowing it down.

Just like a Wisp with shock mote active

2 hours ago, (PSN)ZhongliMorte said:

What defence mission are you talking about? A high-level one or a low-level one? How would other people in your squad answer that question? Nobody is disputing that Hildryn's 4 is a pretty decent CC ability. But is a CC ability actually needed/wanted in the mission you are playing?

If it is a low-level defence mission that people are trying to farm (e.g. Hydron) - then any use of CC abilities will be frowned upon. At Hydron (and other similar-levelled missions), people don't need enemies to be held in place, people don't need help preventing the target to be damaged, and people don't need the extra energy orbs you're providing. All people need is for the enemies to get to the target faster so that they can be quickly dispatched. So casting any CC abilities (except speedva's 4) is highly counterproductive.

If it's a high-level mission - then nobody is ever going to complain about you holding enemies in Aegis storm. Similarly to how absolutely nobody complained about having a Limbo in a Scarlet Spear squad (unless a pub squad ended up having 3 or 4 of them). But in Warframe, properly high-level missions are not very frequent. Maybe later-planet Steel Path?

vor 3 Stunden schrieb rs_sakuras:

Don't worry about it too much, people complain to me for using Nyx Chaos in defence missions. D:

Same thing like the Hildryn issue we are talking about here ... do you talk about a low-level mission or about a sortie with lvl 100 enemies where the cryo-pod may be in danger to be destroyed?! That's a big difference. If you use Chaos on Hydron for example where the cryo-pod has shield and life with over 40 000 points and you go there to lvl your equipment then there is no reason for any CC during wave 1 to 15, above it may depend on the teams strength to kill the grineer.

So before using CC abilities ( they might be really helpfull ) just look how the team is doing and if you see the enemies dying at approach without doing any harm to the cryopod then don't use your CC just because your Warframe can do it. Use it when its needed!

Best regards.

CC like Aegis Storm has more of a place on mobile defense missions than regular defense. But that's a huge generality, low level missions stuff dies fast enough to not matter much. Also depends on your range and if you are flying up and down and actually contributing beyond afking over the defense target (which is definitely something to complain about).   Team comp can change a lot there too. I can see a Speedva being pissy about lockdown cc like that as it kinda invaidates what they are doing but a saryn or ember wont care much and may in fact welcome it. 

Next time you get some one like that look at what their frame is as there may be some bad synergies with AS flying up a bit to reduce the cc range will probably fix what they are getting upset about. Cause free energy is generally a good thing. 

I'm really sorry to say, OP, that by preventing the enemies from being speedily gathered in one spot to kill them quickly, there will always be people that are saying you're slowing down defense missions.

Limbo is the worst of them, but you'll see the same comments if you use a wide area Chaos on Nyx, a Slow Nova, a Zephyr Tornado in roving mode, anything that prevents the enemies from getting from their spawns to the 'optimal kill zone' is classed as slowing down the defense mission.

People are bored in those missions, it's one of the ones that they desperately want to AFK. So if they can stand in the middle and Strangle Dome everything with Khora, or Vortex them with Vauban, so that the drops are all in one place... preferably with a Speed Nova to make them go faster... That's ideal for those players. They don't want a large AoE that stops enemies outside their personal line of sight.

They're pretty toxic as players, and it's safer just to ignore them. Because they won't stop no matter what you're doing. If you're not a meta-slave, they're not happy, and even if you are it only borders on 'acceptable', nothing is ever actually good to them.

I worry about their mental well-being.

Archived