Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0: Now Live!

[DE]Megan

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Ender_0 said:

I claimed my noggle but it doesn't show in my inventory. I unlinked and relinked my accounts, clicked claim again and it says failed, but below it still shows under claimed

Go to your Dojo or do a mission, then it will show the email, YES it's bloody stupid how we have to leave our orbiter to get it to the final step.

• Like 3

Just now, (NSW)IronElemental said:

Like i havent played any missions in the last 3 days..

Thanks for thinking along though😀 that is appreciated

It's not even really doing a mission. It's leaving the orbiter and coming back, it gets new data every time you do that.

It's like the "use a forma" Nightwave challenge. If you're sitting in your orbiter when the weekly reset happens, and you get that challenge, it won't actually work if you do it right then. Navigation will show it as a challenge, but your current "world state" has not gotten the updated data. Leaving and coming back refreshes it.

Granted, it should normally do this upon login.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (NSW)IronElemental said:

Like i havent played any missions in the last 3 days..

Thanks for thinking along though😀 that is appreciated

Just thought I'd add it, it's been a pain for a lot of players in the past and some still don't know they need to leave their orbiter, which is a silly way of doing it. :|

---------------------------------------------------

I'm hating what Twitch has done by forcing this on DE, I've never had a problem with drops for years and all of a sudden I have to now get up and and start the stream when in the past I could leave it running and get the drop then when I wake up I still watch stream regardless while having breakfast, just because I'm in a timezone that 95% of the time is not viable I'm now penalised for not being in a certain part of the world.

If I don't start the stream or manually refresh it I get this error 'This video is unavailable. (Error #5000)' while using the installed Twitch program.

To add to that I now have to leave my orbiter to complete the delivery, it's like the delivery service has dropped it off on my block corner and I have to run down the footpath to the corner and pick it up before it vanishes.

/rant

• Like 3

8 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

You guys really shouldn't be putting umbra forma into twitch drops.  Not everyone can watch the streams due to real life responsibilities.  No, leaving it running on one of my devices isn't an option while I'm at work.  Drops like this that cannot be reliably obtained outside of rare alerts and 1-2 from NW should be made into GOTL alerts instead of being twitch drops.

You especially shouldn't be doing it while the system isn't even working reliably for the people that can watch the streams.

This is superb! How do the powers that be blind themselves to the point of idiocy? Grade: "F" 

I did go to places and do missions, still no email and nothing in inventory. I even closed Warframe and started again, and unlinked and relinked my accounts

Edit:  Literally right after I posted my own thread about it and replied to this thread it showed up in my communications inbox

The new system must just be majorly delayed

Edited by (PSN)Ender_0
updated info

On 2021-02-12 at 6:47 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Hello Tenno!

Back in 2017 we launched Warframe Twitch Drops and made continual back-end changes for stability, variety, and overall fixing. Now in 2021 we’re excited to launch Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0 - a more user friendly Drop experience!

A VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Everyone must relink their Twitch Account to their Warframe Account to be eligible for Twitch Drops 2.0. Follow these easy steps below to unlink/relink:

56422bc2a35c73ef5b1942d204540ded.png

1944650c4fbf9423dee1a6d0d0bf7a47.png

What you can expect from Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0:

Upon entering the stream while a drop is active, you’ll be greeted with a chat message at the top of the chat window which can be expanded to see more details about the drop at a glance.

By clicking your Twitch icon in the top right, you’ll see a progression bar depicting how close you are towards claiming the Twitch Drop. Clicking the drop will take you to the Drops main page where a more detailed description of the Warframe Twitch Drop can be read.

Once you have met the Twitch Drop criteria (30 minute watch time, etc) a popup in the chat window will appear for you to manually claim your Drop. 

IF you miss this popup and don’t claim it within chat, you can go into your Twitch Inventory section and it will be waiting there for you to claim: https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory  

*Twitch Drops in your Twitch Inventory must be claimed within 24 hours of the Campaign (stream) end date. Example: Monday's 1-2 p.m. ET stream drops must be claimed by 2 p.m. ET the following day.

You must manually claim the Twitch Drop for it to be delivered.

Once claimed, the Twitch Drop may take 5-10 minutes to be delivered to your linked Warframe account. Once delivered, the familiar face of Teshin will greet you in your in-game Inbox.

That’s it! Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0 will debut this Tuesday, February 16th during our Working From Home Community Stream. 

Thanks!

==================================

I’m definitely gonna forget to click claim on the next Tenno con 

On 2021-02-12 at 12:47 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Hello Tenno!

Back in 2017 we launched Warframe Twitch Drops and made continual back-end changes for stability, variety, and overall fixing. Now in 2021 we’re excited to launch Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0 - a more user friendly Drop experience!

A VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: Everyone must relink their Twitch Account to their Warframe Account to be eligible for Twitch Drops 2.0. Follow these easy steps below to unlink/relink:

56422bc2a35c73ef5b1942d204540ded.png

1944650c4fbf9423dee1a6d0d0bf7a47.png

What you can expect from Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0:

Upon entering the stream while a drop is active, you’ll be greeted with a chat message at the top of the chat window which can be expanded to see more details about the drop at a glance.

By clicking your Twitch icon in the top right, you’ll see a progression bar depicting how close you are towards claiming the Twitch Drop. Clicking the drop will take you to the Drops main page where a more detailed description of the Warframe Twitch Drop can be read.

Once you have met the Twitch Drop criteria (30 minute watch time, etc) a popup in the chat window will appear for you to manually claim your Drop. 

IF you miss this popup and don’t claim it within chat, you can go into your Twitch Inventory section and it will be waiting there for you to claim: https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory  

*Twitch Drops in your Twitch Inventory must be claimed within 24 hours of the Campaign (stream) end date. Example: Monday's 1-2 p.m. ET stream drops must be claimed by 2 p.m. ET the following day.

You must manually claim the Twitch Drop for it to be delivered.

Once claimed, the Twitch Drop may take 5-10 minutes to be delivered to your linked Warframe account. Once delivered, the familiar face of Teshin will greet you in your in-game Inbox.

That’s it! Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0 will debut this Tuesday, February 16th during our Working From Home Community Stream. 

Thanks!

==================================

I tried to do this but seems like it didn't work. Linked my XB warframe and twitch accounts, claimed the drop for Octavia Primes noggle, but did not receive it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PSN)TheUnknown_174 said:

I followed those instructions, then I claimed my drop from today's stream over 40 minutes ago, and still nothing in game. 

What gives?

Give it time. I've had to wait several hours. Specifically, try to do missions to update the mail data for your Orbiter. You could also go to a relay or Cetus or similar. Just leave your Orbiter to refresh it; it takes time, regardless. Definitely not as instantaneous as Twitch Drops 1.0

Just getting an error on the Twitch inventory page when clicking on the Claim Now button. - Error occurred Drop was not claimed. Very helpful and informative as to why. Just get rid of drops and make them alerts so all players can get these things.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tuoppox said:

Followed instructions well in advance. Twitch froze at 93 % well before the stream ended. Didn't get the umbra forma. Sadface.

Twitch didn't freeze. The campaign that DE has to set behind the scenes ran until 3PM. Even though they went over, Twitch doesn't count that. I got stuck at 96% for the same reason. I found out by going to the Drops section where it told me the campaign had ended while the stream was still running.

7 minutes ago, vomder said:

Just getting an error on the Twitch inventory page when clicking on the Claim Now button. - Error occurred Drop was not claimed. Very helpful and informative as to why. Just get rid of drops and make them alerts so all players can get these things.

I agree with you in part, but they'd need to make the Alerts last a reasonable amount of time. I'm still at work for several hours; many people are in different time zones. We can't turn the game on the moment a stream starts. Plus, having alerts doesn't actually help their Twitch partnership because nothing requires you to watch the stream. You can just do the alert.

DevStreams should be GotL drops though, regardless.

• Like 1