Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Twitch Drops 2.0: Now Live!

[DE]Megan

The addition of progress meter is a step forward. But forcing everyone to claim the gift manually is a step backward.

2.0 might signify that a lot of work had to be done in order to make this system work. But it is not the convenient system that we are used to, which is automatically claiming the twitch drop reward.

29 minutes ago, FullerRaver said:

The addition of progress meter is a step forward. But forcing everyone to claim the gift manually is a step backward.

2.0 might signify that a lot of work had to be done in order to make this system work. But it is not the convenient system that we are used to, which is automatically claiming the twitch drop reward.

Twitch implemented this. The only "hard work" the system has undergone is analytics to determine interactivity and usage during and after streams; they just want to up their numbers.

6 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

I run the Standalone Twitch version I think they mean click on the Chat button to see this below picture view. Then click the play button it then loads until a stream starts. I hope I'm right.

Thank you. That is what I was missing. I'll test with today's drop.

2 hours ago, JeranTek said:

Thank you. That is what I was missing. I'll test with today's drop.

I don't know about clicking the chat button, but when you open the client, and then choose the Warframe channel, it loads what you were seeing. There's the Warframe name and logo right below it you can click on to get to where you need to be. They basically do the same thing though, after testing it. You just need to make sure that "video" is set to play, even though nothing plays til the stream starts. Works in browsers too, but Chrome has been iffy, likely it's doing something in the background that makes twitch think you stopped watching or something.

I didn't mind the relinking -- nbd.  What I do mind, however, is the lie that the drop stays in your inventory until you pick it up.  NOT TRUE.  I didn't get yesterday's cadenza helmet drop because I thought I'd be lazy and get it today.  So ONE DAY and it is no longer available to pick up.

Bottom Line:  make sure to claim your drop during the stream because it it won't wait for you.

• Like 2

I don't know where to put this post, since it's not a bug, so I put it here x)

I noticed today that my Twitch inventory was empty ... even though I watched Tuesday and Wednesday streams and the drops were in my inventory when I reached 30min.yhphrRQ.png As you can see, I get the drops

So ... do the drops expire ?! DE said drops does NOT expire when they are in the inventory ... so I'm a bit confused. Did I lose the 2 previous drops ?!

DE, please let us know if it is a issue or not, and if I will get my items back, please 🙏

Edited by fabien21920
Added image
  • Like 2

On 2021-02-12 at 8:02 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Drops in your Twitch Inventory don't expire. They'll be there waiting until you eventually claim!

Please, look into what the person above me stated.
Drops don't stay in your inventory, they get removed after a certain amount of time (what it feels like a day, or around that).
Can't tell if it's on Warframe or on Twitch's side (most likely Twitch's), but a clear statement or someone talking to Twitch about it would be nice.

• Like 3

As expected, new drop system is bugged AF!

Doesn't register me watching on phone, so i have to run streams on console, so i cant play anything and still need to watch on phone at the same time because twitch app on ps4 is bugged in a way that prevents me from actually saying things in chat.

I hadn't unlinked and relinked before the stream on Monday. It listed the reactor blueprint blueprint in my drops inventory but I couldn't get it. 

After looking into it, I unlinked and relinked. Watched the stream today, got 100% on the drop and then claimed it. 

I logged into warframe, and I got sent the reactor blueprint instead of today's drop  (the instrument thingy). Not in my inventory either ....

So yeah just watched the whole stream on my mobile device and got nothing..

Not sure if that's just it not supporting mobiles or the drop didnt work

so far this new system seems very much focused to only reward those in the USA/Canada region who can watch the stream easily.

Yes, i have done the unlink/relink thing.  this was my first chance to try and watch a stream since then.  Ironically I never had any issues with the old drop system.

Edited by Jorak_Falconstar
  • Like 1

Once again i HAVE NOT received any drops including  the shawzin from this past stream, ever since twitch 2.0 came out its been a pain i've unlink & link for 3 days but when i go to claim the drops the message said claimed but when i check my inventory its not there so who can me cause really about cut ties with this game ?

On 2021-02-17 at 11:42 PM, Zylexiaa said:

This is FALSE. I watched all of yesterday's stream, but forgot to manually claim the drop. It's not showing up there today.

How long do we have to claim the drop?

indeed. I have this same problem as well.. unlike what DE mentioned we can claim the loot ANYTIME next time if we didnt claim after watching or afk.  the loot will still be in the drop box.. NO, that ain't happening.  I've watched the whole hour yesterday and received  100% message but just didnt claim it due to hurrying to work.  last night  when login twitch my loot cadenza helmet was missing from drop box.  it was there before i logoff to work. i made sure of it. check my twitch log if possible. i was login during that time for more than 1hr.  it's like twitch make a rollback.  no ingame mail from tenshin beside 1st and 3rd day. not like i care for that helmet bp since already had it from nightwave but a bug is a bug..  same issue happen to my friend too.. asdasd.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hoshigami said:

indeed. I have this same problem as well.. unlike what DE mentioned we can claim the loot ANYTIME next time if we didnt claim after watching or afk.  the loot will still be in the drop box.. NO, that ain't happening.  I've watched the whole hour yesterday and received  100% message but just didnt claim it due to hurrying to work.  last night  when login twitch my loot cadenza helmet was missing from drop box.  it was there before i logoff to work. i made sure of it. check my twitch log if possible. i was login during that time for more than 1hr.  it's like twitch make a rollback.  no ingame mail from tenshin beside 1st and 3rd day. not like i care for that helmet bp since already had it from nightwave but a bug is a bug..  same issue happen to my friend too.. asdasd.png

i'm the friend. same problem.. dont need to retype the whole fairy tale above.

1qaz.png

As others seem to be saying - The drops do not stick around.

I had Twitch open today but had to work so I couldn't baby-sit it.

When I got back to it a couple of hours after the stream I was watching the channel that the raid went to but there was no drop in my inventory. Either it didn't drop at all or it expired within 2 hours.

• Like 1

Tried leaving Twitch app open before going to sleep and nope, doesn't work for me either.

It apparently starts the stream correctly because after the Home Time it jumped to the raiding stream which woke me up at 4am (I forgot to turn the volume all the way down and that streamer was really loud). But no drops at all this time either. 

Gonna wait for DE to explain how this new system actually works 'cause so far it seems you won't get drops if you're not living in the right timezones