Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bored, lost in what to do

(XBOX)Apoll0 666

Question

I understand this has been said before but after a certain point warframe becomes well... pointless. I understand it's a "power fantasy" game, cut stuff down by the hundreds and obsess over the numbers that you've farmed to mod. But honestly I need to know what to do. I haven't done too much in the game but it feels like a grind-while-endlessly-killing type of game, not a shooter-looter like borderlands or such. No, instead you get more weapons to kill n kill which is fun and the warframes are always fun to explore with their abilities, I have 13. But honesly it's the lack of new mission types for me. I've been on and off of this game since 2016, I was much younger so when I came back earlier in 2020 I progressed a ton. I came back with a MR5 and still having a singular Excalbur. I have farmed warframes and put a decent plat amount into desirable fashion and forma'd my weapons until I finally get those numbers to shred through things. Like Ashisogi Tenno often says, the thing that holds this game back the most is the lack of challenge. I'm sure I'll have fun still but I can't help but notice sometimes I just stop doing anything actually game related and spend hours in region chat. Others in chat have also said they don't even play the actual game anymore, they just mess with fashion frames and talk casually. I am MR9 about to be MR10, 13 frames, i've used around 40 weapons, I have completed most of the story quests which I will finish soon, maybe just 4 remaining. But what then? I'm not talking about a completionist type of question but from a "oh yes this is fun" type of standpoint. I've considered finishing out the few nodes holding me back from Steel Path and maybe looking into Railjack(which I heard is as dead as conclave) but i haven't been able to find a single crew to join. I love this game and find myself addicted to it but honestly really bored of everything for the most part when it comes down to actual gameplay. Like I have probably stood by those dang tenno cryopods around 2,000 times and honestly I think the lack of challenges(which I'm loving Nightwave for, it's given me motiviation and goals) and the meager 11 mission types for the what? 257 NODES? I don't really understand how people can be MR30 in this game sometimes, sure I dream of grinding my way there but than other times I feel like I'd have more actual fun playing another title. I need some viewpoints and what others find fun to do. I may look  more into the Conclave discord because I had fun on that with a few friends but other than that, steel path, and railjack, I'm not sure what to do. I have my necramech and I have pondered hunting eidolons but none of it has sparked my interest much. I haven't fought all the bosses which I will do along with finish the quests but still. Also, does anyone else feel this way? 

21 answers to this question

Maybe try some similarly grindy games?

I would recommed Diablo and War Thunder, or some of Paradox's grand strategy titles.

I'm not planning to reach MR30 anytime soon either, this game is too casual to keep me interested for extended periods of time so i will check back in probably a year or so, maybe.

2 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

You have to find what entertains and motivates you to do everything inside warframe.

It's like people who do fashionframe. They have thoughts, ideas, inside their heads that they want to accomplish. Some want to make their frame looks like a samurai, or a ninja, batman, one punch man, etc. It's not just slapping colors and hope they'll get entertained by doing it.

Same goes for missions. People who do them are soldiers on a mission. Some want to build something, farm something, get somewhere. 

He's said it all. And he's said it very well.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

Literally most people do the same mission type around 9 times in an hour just for some resource or parts, it's fun but after awhile it's just eh.

Exactly.

When i searched for bullet dance, it was hell. Forget hours, i keep doing the same boring void sabotage for weeks. BUT just the thought of finally equipping it on my redeemer prime, and use it to destroy profit taker (or anything really) kept me going.

Warframe doesn't hold your hand and keep you entertained like story-driven games. You have to find what entertains and motivates you to do everything inside warframe.

It's like people who do fashionframe. They have thoughts, ideas, inside their heads that they want to accomplish. Some want to make their frame looks like a samurai, or a ninja, batman, one punch man, etc. It's not just slapping colors and hope they'll get entertained by doing it.

Same goes for missions. People who do them are soldiers on a mission. Some want to build something, farm something, get somewhere. 

If you're just doing missions without higher intents, just hoping to get entertained, sadly you probably won't. Again, this is a looter shooter grind game -and not even the best in the genre. If you want to be entertained with challenges that keeps evolving through the game, you're better off playing other games that are designed to captivate your attention through every minutes.

Story-driven Triple A games are great at doing that.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)ZUBY_1101 said:

I do. Quite often actually. I can relate to quite a lot that you've said. You've just gotta take breaks - I've just come back after a break of around a year.

From looking at General Discussion tab for a few days I find that a lot of the community is feeling that way right now and more often. Maybe we just need a break, but maybe Warframe needs a new shell.

8 hours ago, Soy77 said:

If you're already bored at this level, probably warframe just isn't the game for you, man.

Of course people in chat will only justify your suspicion. Most people who have time to chat instead of playing warframe usually aren't that interested in warframe. The fact that you said that you spent hours in region chat of all places, confirms that you probably just need to find a new game.

When I was that level, I was CRAZY about warframe. And i had probably measly TWO FRAMES, excalibur and rhino. Spending money? Fashionframe? I haven't even bought a single color palette back then. I was so excited about clearing more nodes and seeing what's ahead. I haven't even discovered about primes, railjacks, amps, or hunting huge bosses like eidolons or profit taker. I haven't even started.

Lastly, with 13 frames and 40 weapons, most story quest done. How is it you're still mr9? You're not even playing this game.

Save yourself man. Get out of here. Find a better life where you'll be happy.

I honestly think I got a lil obsessed and just grinded through too much, I only had 300 plat from some initiate package my friend sent me and went through like that. I have my MR10 test ready but I just haven't touched it. I have a Prime and I usually get a new warframe every week to two weeks. It's fun and all and I love the rich content but also I'd enjoy doing maybe some different type of missions or maybe enemy types. I love this game and always have, it's unique and not like any other but also I find myself just feeling like I'm kind of forcing myself through boredom at times. Literally most people do the same mission type around 9 times in an hour just for some resource or parts, it's fun but after awhile it's just eh.

2 hours ago, ES-Flinter said:

The lack of mission variety isn't a problem. Even if warframe will add every day a complete new unique mission it will get tired. What has to be changed are our enemies. Current now are 90% of the games like this. Tanks are unkillable, invisibility turns off enemy AI, CC dominates everything which doesn't require killing and our damage is endless. DE has to add enemies which prevents us of being gods. 

Sentient were a good faction which prevented us from being gods. But their problem is that they  are also immune to status effects& some/ many warframe abilities. Sentients don't have to be fully effected by status proc, but they should at least be effected by it in a weaker way. Slash as an example would only have it's full effect on the first proc and the more slash procs does a sentiens become the more weaker it gets. (ironically fitting for the sentients adaption ability). And the same should be for warframe abilities. Vauban bastille doesn't has to fully affect an sentients, but let's say that bastille reduce the speed of a sentients in the first seconds by 90% but it gets faster and faster until the user use a new Bastille. But this time is the sentients faster able to recover from it's speed reducing effect.

To keep it short will new mission with more variety not help warframe (at least not in a long term). The only way will be is to stop the player from being a god. Otherwise will many player just feel like that they did the idiot-/ child work even though that they have an academic for more complexe/ harder/ funnier work.

Plus sentients only make up around 10% of the missions, so it's not like we face them often.

16 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

try No Man's Sky

its super chill and looks gorgeous nowadays

and you'll really appreciate doing stuff just cause its fun or interesting as opposed to Cause Grind

also Odin Sphere (Leifthrasir) has to be the pinnacle of 2d hand drawn art games, even if 2d games aren't normally your thing, take a look at it its beautiful, great story too. Yeah the 2d rpg genre is kinda old, but this game has pushed them as far as they'll ever go.

for all the hate, I actually enjoyed the Cyberpunk 2077 world, Just need to wait from some DLC now cause I finished all the quests...

Tried No Mans a month ago and it wasn't my thing, but i'll check out your other recommendations.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)Apoll0 666:

Also referring to one of (imo) the main problems with current warframe, do you think the lack of mission variety also make it tiresome at times or maybe even old?

The lack of mission variety isn't a problem. Even if warframe will add every day a complete new unique mission it will get tired. What has to be changed are our enemies. Current now are 90% of the games like this. Tanks are unkillable, invisibility turns off enemy AI, CC dominates everything which doesn't require killing and our damage is endless. DE has to add enemies which prevents us of being gods. 

Sentient were a good faction which prevented us from being gods. But their problem is that they  are also immune to status effects& some/ many warframe abilities. Sentients don't have to be fully effected by status proc, but they should at least be effected by it in a weaker way. Slash as an example would only have it's full effect on the first proc and the more slash procs does a sentiens become the more weaker it gets. (ironically fitting for the sentients adaption ability). And the same should be for warframe abilities. Vauban bastille doesn't has to fully affect an sentients, but let's say that bastille reduce the speed of a sentients in the first seconds by 90% but it gets faster and faster until the user use a new Bastille. But this time is the sentients faster able to recover from it's speed reducing effect.

To keep it short will new mission with more variety not help warframe (at least not in a long term). The only way will be is to stop the player from being a god. Otherwise will many player just feel like that they did the idiot-/ child work even though that they have an academic for more complexe/ harder/ funnier work.

9 hours ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

I am MR9 about to be MR10

If you're already bored at this level, probably warframe just isn't the game for you, man.

Of course people in chat will only justify your suspicion. Most people who have time to chat instead of playing warframe usually aren't that interested in warframe. The fact that you said that you spent hours in region chat of all places, confirms that you probably just need to find a new game.

When I was that level, I was CRAZY about warframe. And i had probably measly TWO FRAMES, excalibur and rhino. Spending money? Fashionframe? I haven't even bought a single color palette back then. I was so excited about clearing more nodes and seeing what's ahead. I haven't even discovered about primes, railjacks, amps, or hunting huge bosses like eidolons or profit taker. I haven't even started.

Lastly, with 13 frames and 40 weapons, most story quest done. How is it you're still mr9? You're not even playing this game.

Save yourself man. Get out of here. Find a better life where you'll be happy.

I'm an old fart who has mastered everything & MR30 who plays this game for hours in a day in every mode except conclave and lunaro, I can always find something to do, I do things different at times trying out fun new ways by making my own fun in missions and most important I leave no witnesses to know I was even in a mission. :p

Yes I do play other games. 

try No Man's Sky

its super chill and looks gorgeous nowadays

and you'll really appreciate doing stuff just cause its fun or interesting as opposed to Cause Grind

also Odin Sphere (Leifthrasir) has to be the pinnacle of 2d hand drawn art games, even if 2d games aren't normally your thing, take a look at it its beautiful, great story too. Yeah the 2d rpg genre is kinda old, but this game has pushed them as far as they'll ever go.

for all the hate, I actually enjoyed the Cyberpunk 2077 world, Just need to wait from some DLC now cause I finished all the quests...

22 minutes ago, ES-Flinter said:

About Mr. 30. For some people is it just to "need" to complete everything.

I feel this and honestly Warframe imbues an addiction to grinding and completion in a lot of people. I sometimes feel rushed by Nightwave to complete all the challenges and all challenges before the event ends as a whole just so I can make the most out of the current offers. I referred to Borderlands in this because my friend bought me Borderlands 3 and it got me to stop playing warframe for a month, I've only played Dying Light and Borderlands 3 for the past week and it's been a ton of fun.

vor 13 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)Apoll0 666:

I understand this has been said before but after a certain point warframe becomes well... pointless. I understand it's a "power fantasy" game, cut stuff down by the hundreds and obsess over the numbers that you've farmed to mod. But honestly I need to know what to do. I haven't done too much in the game but it feels like a grind-while-endlessly-killing type of game, not a shooter-looter like borderlands or such. No, instead you get more weapons to kill n kill which is fun and the warframes are always fun to explore with their abilities, I have 13. But honesly it's the lack of new mission types for me. I've been on and off of this game since 2016, I was much younger so when I came back earlier in 2020 I progressed a ton. I came back with a MR5 and still having a singular Excalbur. I have farmed warframes and put a decent plat amount into desirable fashion and forma'd my weapons until I finally get those numbers to shred through things. Like Ashisogi Tenno often says, the thing that holds this game back the most is the lack of challenge. I'm sure I'll have fun still but I can't help but notice sometimes I just stop doing anything actually game related and spend hours in region chat. Others in chat have also said they don't even play the actual game anymore, they just mess with fashion frames and talk casually. I am MR9 about to be MR10, 13 frames, i've used around 40 weapons, I have completed most of the story quests which I will finish soon, maybe just 4 remaining. But what then? I'm not talking about a completionist type of question but from a "oh yes this is fun" type of standpoint. I've considered finishing out the few nodes holding me back from Steel Path and maybe looking into Railjack(which I heard is as dead as conclave) but i haven't been able to find a single crew to join. I love this game and find myself addicted to it but honestly really bored of everything for the most part when it comes down to actual gameplay. Like I have probably stood by those dang tenno cryopods around 2,000 times and honestly I think the lack of challenges(which I'm loving Nightwave for, it's given me motiviation and goals) and the meager 11 mission types for the what? 257 NODES? I don't really understand how people can be MR30 in this game sometimes, sure I dream of grinding my way there but than other times I feel like I'd have more actual fun playing another title. I need some viewpoints and what others find fun to do. I may look  more into the Conclave discord because I had fun on that with a few friends but other than that, steel path, and railjack, I'm not sure what to do. I have my necramech and I have pondered hunting eidolons but none of it has sparked my interest much. I haven't fought all the bosses which I will do along with finish the quests but still. Also, does anyone else feel this way? 

Railjack is actually quite funny. Main problem that it's take a much time to farm the equipment which you need to have fun. Maybe you should also try steelpath. It may be just sponge mode (enemies have high ehp, but low damage), but at least for me it's enough to play the game regulary with fun.

About Mr. 30. For some people is it just to "need" to complete everything. Ohers did it while enjoying some runs on hydron. I for myself did the exp farm mostly passively (I had ~7 years time). Against to many others I also never had a break. I play warframe mostly "casually" (~1h/day) and if I play I go sure to do only that what I want to do. (I never did a solo tridolon as an example)

Just now, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

I have taken breaks but I find myself getting burnt out quicker and quicker. Sure thing also, I'd love trying out Railjack, just send me a request on Xbox and I'll hit you up sometime.

I felt that too, until they brought out the Helminth segment. The helminth brought me back from a very long Hiatus. I'll roll out a request here soon. 

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

Do like I do every time I get bored/burnt out and take a break. Come back in a few months. WF ain't going nowhere. Try something new.  Every time I have come back after a long hiatus, there is usually new content to do, and I have new and fresh ideas about things I want to try in the game. 

1 minute ago, (XBOX)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

If you want to play some Railjack, I am on Xbox and would be down to help you in that. Or anything else you want to try out. I take things very slow on WF, this is my 7th year playing and I am only MR 20. 

I have taken breaks but I find myself getting burnt out quicker and quicker. Sure thing also, I'd love trying out Railjack, just send me a request on Xbox and I'll hit you up sometime.

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

Do like I do every time I get bored/burnt out and take a break. Come back in a few months. WF ain't going nowhere. Try something new.  Every time I have come back after a long hiatus, there is usually new content to do, and I have new and fresh ideas about things I want to try in the game. 

For fun stuff now I find it fun to theory craft different builds with my Warframes using the Helminth segment, and fashion frame. Beyond that I just collect what appeals to me, and do the missions I enjoy doing and help people where I am able. 

Archived