Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ive grown so very tired over the years

(XBOX)Voltren Xytech

Just do what most people do,

take a break until the next big update hits, play it, and then go back to sleep.

Or just play something else. I've taken a break from this game for several months, got in the mood to play it for a few days or weeks, and then took a break again.

Right now I'm just checking to see what nightwave challenges I get, and complete them if I can be bothered, and otherwise I'm not playing at all till the next update right now.

13 hours ago, (XBOX)Voltren Xytech said:

at this rate its hard to tell what's actually changed and what's just me imagining things, for instance it took me 6 runs on hydron at 15 waves each to max out my khora, which normally only takes me 3, very rarely 4 sets, but i cant tell if someone messed with affinity rates, distribution rates, or if im just imagining it, when i have a booster on it only takes 2 sets, or 3 if im leveling a weapon with the frame, but 6? what happened?

This happens to me sometimes its weird and hella annoying and for some reason whenever it does if I go to Helene instead, my weapons/frames max out absurdly quick. 

13 hours ago, (XBOX)Voltren Xytech said:

on the bottom of the pile is feeling that the fame is heading more for a P2W style of game without directly heading for it, stuff like making us farm for stupidly hard resources for events, resources you cant out right buy, so you would have to buy a booster, sometimes both drop boosters and heavily grind for the resources, or even resources that are so difficult that of you didn't already farm up the resource to unlock an easier way to farm them, you might as well not even participate in the event,

And this. This is so true it pisses me off. Its ridiculous. I cant remember if its Ash Chassis or Systems you need for Smoking Body Epherma but I must have done 40 to 50 runs for that I still haven't got it. Keep in mind this was with BOTH resource boosters. I gave up and got bored of the game now I'm back after over year and have no intension to try something like that gain. I guess my mistake was being so determined to get it, maybe next time i should just do a few runs a day to get what i need.

14 hours ago, (XBOX)Voltren Xytech said:

at this rate its hard to tell what's actually changed and what's just me imagining things, for instance it took me 6 runs on hydron at 15 waves each to max out my khora, which normally only takes me 3, very rarely 4 sets, but i cant tell if someone messed with affinity rates, distribution rates, or if im just imagining it, when i have a booster on it only takes 2 sets, or 3 if im leveling a weapon with the frame, but 6? what happened?

on the bottom of the pile is feeling that the fame is heading more for a P2W style of game without directly heading for it, stuff like making us farm for stupidly hard resources for events, resources you cant out right buy, so you would have to buy a booster, sometimes both drop boosters and heavily grind for the resources, or even resources that are so difficult that of you didn't already farm up the resource to unlock an easier way to farm them, you might as well not even participate in the event, for instance i already unlocked profit taker before star days, so i managed to get all the rewards from it within 23 successful runs of profit taker, but my friend "S" still cant even get the first decoration because familial debt bonds are stupidly hard to get, and his luck is really bad, but because he's only rank 2 with Solaris he cant do anything about it, he's just screwed because no one thought about that being a problem before implementing this event, and i cant help him... the #1 reason to play games is to hang out with friends, but what's the point if i cant help my friends out of situations that make them want to quit the game

That is completely normal when unboosted and leveling a frame. You may also have replaced the smeeta or had bad luck with the affinity proc from it? And your group may have screwed up aswell or just been lazy.

How is it turning P2W? We dont have anything to win and what we need is obtained from the game regarding the events. And why did your friend not just buy the bonds from Ticker? You can do pretty much anything and then just turn in the crap plus credits for the bonds you need. It would have also saved you 23 pointless PT runs.

3 hours ago, (PSN)Apoleon_amarr said:

Yeah, like bloons tower defense 6

3 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

The key is to find another game to get addicted to (ideally a game that's actually good).

3 hours ago, (PSN)Apoleon_amarr said:

Me too, i only log in for new things i like now.

Now im playing final fantasy xiv

3 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

Every game turns sour once you overdose.

That's why I often take brakes now, play other games.

Which connects to your P2W regard, I've been through most of the free online games out there, and from all the mmo-like games out there WF is not only the least P2W it's also the most F2P by a large margin. No other game provides it's entire playable content for free.

I don't know what kind of resource you had trouble collecting, other than the scintilant fiasco nothing else comes to mind and I don't recall boosters affecting those. Even then, we needed about 10 in total, the biger issue was player impatience more than anything.

I agree with these people, the Valentines grind and the Nigthwave grind plus the lack of more interactive gameplay after playing for months was just getting to me tbh, my friend bought me and him the borderlands collection and borderlands 3. For the past week now I've only played Borderlands 3 while only coming back to check on my Foundry, get addicted to a new game. I suggest Borderlands, it has all the math, fun abilities, (even more)fun weapons, tons of killing, and grinding to get that build you want but in a more looter shooter feel and less of "okay imma grind a single mission for three hours for a crappy rng" feel. Don't just take a break, find a new game to fall in love with. I still stress about the time I'm losing in the Nightwave event but then I just forget about it when my friend hops on and we f*ck S#&$ up in borderlands with explosions and tons of fun weapons.

18 hours ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

Seems like you've found your shtick, eh?

If it get's people to walk away from the game when they need to, I'll take it.

Even in this thread I saw a post alluding to DE 'punishing' players with content and the like, literally making things up like conspiracy theories about a game company making content, IMO, in some attempt to justify their recognized unhealthy attachment to the game.

Anything that will shine a light that wakes up players to realize they need a break is OK by me. Games of this nature can be very dangerous to to certain minds. Sometimes I say very outrageous things to try and nudge players to see that they are the ones in control, not the game.

The players can hate me for my prose on the game, w/e, it's more important IMO that people see that game in a healthy light than it is for there to be people playing WF.

Once you cross the threshold of 'they are after me/us', it's time to take a break, IMO.

Once you are at the point you play because "it's just what I do" and find no joy in playing, it's time for a break, IMO.

I see posters say things like "I have had to 'slog' through things" to get what I want in RL, so 'working' in a video game is OK because of that. Nope. If it's work, not fun, then it's time for a break, IMO.

If you think you need to go after a game company because the company is going to "ruin it's game" and "run rampant" if we don't "pick up the torches and pitchforks" and "tell them how to do it right", then it's time for a break, IMO.

Games as an entertainment hobby, career, etc. are awesome.

Games as an addition addiction are not.

I play only things that are fun for me. And I carefully think about it wether it is getting rewards or really actually liking the gameplay.

I love the gameplay in Warframe and would probably run it without rewards. But the rewards make it so much better. Add Fashion Frame to the mix and this game is really very appealing.

On 2021-02-22 at 5:57 PM, (XBOX)Voltren Xytech said:

i used to love this game, i remember when i started there were 4 lives per day, and we had a stamina bar for wall riding, we had to use a glitch to cross gaps called "coptering", but as the years went on and i started to actually open my eyes to the game, its community and its creators, it started to wear me down, tried my best to ignore controversies (i actually managed to dodge almost all of them) and toxicity, but that too also wore me down

some of the things that really hit me, were when a fresh update came out, the usual connectivity issues were normal and after awhile easy to ignore, but.... when you'd read through the patch notes you'd notice things that were not added to them, like a new color option for a slot on an item, or damage numbers being different, hell even new mods being added that were never mentioned at all, and the massive Dissociation between the wiki and the games codex made a massive impact, as if the community knew more about the game than the actual DEVs, now I could understand not adding things like changing the ambient environmental plant decorations for open world to be more vibrant, its not important, but stuff like not telling anyone a warframe just got a new augment mod is a pretty big slip up, and it happens alot, or the codex just being completely wrong about an item or enemy, which is very troublesome for those who dont know enough to find the wiki, which i might add is far more reliable than the in-game tips

another bought of "head on the mill stone" incidents is when you watch the DEV streams and they talk about an item that coming out in an update in the coming days after the stream, but the item is missing more than half the features they talk about it having when it makes a debut, I.E the wings ephemera was supposed to fade away when you move then fade back once you started sitting still again, and when you aimed down sights it was supposed to make a circular hole on them similar to mirages hall of mirrors, yet none of those happen

on the bottom of the pile is feeling that the fame is heading more for a P2W style of game without directly heading for it, stuff like making us farm for stupidly hard resources for events, resources you cant out right buy, so you would have to buy a booster, sometimes both drop boosters and heavily grind for the resources, or even resources that are so difficult that of you didn't already farm up the resource to unlock an easier way to farm them, you might as well not even participate in the event, for instance i already unlocked profit taker before star days, so i managed to get all the rewards from it within 23 successful runs of profit taker, but my friend "S" still cant even get the first decoration because familial debt bonds are stupidly hard to get, and his luck is really bad, but because he's only rank 2 with Solaris he cant do anything about it, he's just screwed because no one thought about that being a problem before implementing this event, and i cant help him... the #1 reason to play games is to hang out with friends, but what's the point if i cant help my friends out of situations that make them want to quit the game

normally one would just stop playing a game if it frustrates you enough... but warframe is different, you can say your quitting the game, but your lying to yourself, you'll be back after a hiatus, because it has a pull that I can only associate with ADDICTION, except unlike addiction you dont get that endorphin high when you return, its just the same feeling of rust building in your veins when you pop back in your ship, even when there's a new frame, or new open world to explore, it just feels tainted

for all I know I could be alone in this course of thought, but I wouldn't know unless I said something about it

My simple advice is this:  

Don’t just find someone to talk to.  Find someone to talk to that will help you find meaning and purpose and fulfillment and accomplishment in the real world beyond the pull of Warframe.  An action plan.

Use Warframe as an entertainment escape to deal with the stress when you find these things.  Do not use Warframe as a substitute FOR these things.

Archived