Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ive grown so very tired over the years

(XBOX)Voltren Xytech

i used to love this game, i remember when i started there were 4 lives per day, and we had a stamina bar for wall riding, we had to use a glitch to cross gaps called "coptering", but as the years went on and i started to actually open my eyes to the game, its community and its creators, it started to wear me down, tried my best to ignore controversies (i actually managed to dodge almost all of them) and toxicity, but that too also wore me down

some of the things that really hit me, were when a fresh update came out, the usual connectivity issues were normal and after awhile easy to ignore, but.... when you'd read through the patch notes you'd notice things that were not added to them, like a new color option for a slot on an item, or damage numbers being different, hell even new mods being added that were never mentioned at all, and the massive Dissociation between the wiki and the games codex made a massive impact, as if the community knew more about the game than the actual DEVs, now I could understand not adding things like changing the ambient environmental plant decorations for open world to be more vibrant, its not important, but stuff like not telling anyone a warframe just got a new augment mod is a pretty big slip up, and it happens alot, or the codex just being completely wrong about an item or enemy, which is very troublesome for those who dont know enough to find the wiki, which i might add is far more reliable than the in-game tips

another bought of "head on the mill stone" incidents is when you watch the DEV streams and they talk about an item that coming out in an update in the coming days after the stream, but the item is missing more than half the features they talk about it having when it makes a debut, I.E the wings ephemera was supposed to fade away when you move then fade back once you started sitting still again, and when you aimed down sights it was supposed to make a circular hole on them similar to mirages hall of mirrors, yet none of those happen

at this rate its hard to tell what's actually changed and what's just me imagining things, for instance it took me 6 runs on hydron at 15 waves each to max out my khora, which normally only takes me 3, very rarely 4 sets, but i cant tell if someone messed with affinity rates, distribution rates, or if im just imagining it, when i have a booster on it only takes 2 sets, or 3 if im leveling a weapon with the frame, but 6? what happened?

on the bottom of the pile is feeling that the fame is heading more for a P2W style of game without directly heading for it, stuff like making us farm for stupidly hard resources for events, resources you cant out right buy, so you would have to buy a booster, sometimes both drop boosters and heavily grind for the resources, or even resources that are so difficult that of you didn't already farm up the resource to unlock an easier way to farm them, you might as well not even participate in the event, for instance i already unlocked profit taker before star days, so i managed to get all the rewards from it within 23 successful runs of profit taker, but my friend "S" still cant even get the first decoration because familial debt bonds are stupidly hard to get, and his luck is really bad, but because he's only rank 2 with Solaris he cant do anything about it, he's just screwed because no one thought about that being a problem before implementing this event, and i cant help him... the #1 reason to play games is to hang out with friends, but what's the point if i cant help my friends out of situations that make them want to quit the game

normally one would just stop playing a game if it frustrates you enough... but warframe is different, you can say your quitting the game, but your lying to yourself, you'll be back after a hiatus, because it has a pull that I can only associate with ADDICTION, except unlike addiction you dont get that endorphin high when you return, its just the same feeling of rust building in your veins when you pop back in your ship, even when there's a new frame, or new open world to explore, it just feels tainted

for all I know I could be alone in this course of thought, but I wouldn't know unless I said something about it

Warframe is like you describe it. For many they have a hard time leaving because they've invested real money into their experience. 

Personally I have a heck of a time leaving for this reason but feel very similar to you. Just generally tired of the whole thing. The round and round again cycle of content, bugs, changes to core mechanics etc. 

I keep coming back because I've spent a lot of money on my experience and, to be totally fair, there really isn't a game out there that is  quite like Warframe.

Sounds like you need a divorce lawyer, we get that here a lot.

It's just a game, not a Significant Other.

It's just entertainment.

Take a breath, take a walk, talk to someone.

If it really impacts your daily life, seek help.

Take care of yourself.

4 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

It's just entertainment.

Take care of yourself.

The person is not saying it is affecting them like a significant other. They are simply saying that it is difficult to leave because Warframe is very addictive. 

For addictions  following your advice is often not that easy. That's why it is an -addiction-

The only thing you said that I agree with is he part about seeking help. If you feel like Warframe has become an addiction and you're unable to stop on your own then look for a local support group and/or therapist to help.

Just now, Zimzala said:

It's just entertainment.

Take care of yourself.

"getting help" costs an absurd amount of money, and it doesn't fix the issue, just how I would perceive the issue, the issue would still be there flying wildly out of my control

plus its difficult to talk to people that will actually listen nowadays, once you've done a rant or two people just kind of ignore everything you say after that point, no matter what the rant was about, hence why i posted it here 
though you do point out what im trying to get at, it is just entertainment, why does it have this painful pull to it, i mean ive been playing it for almost 6 years now and have sunk a bit of cash into it, but not nearly enough for me to physically become sick and depressed when i dont play it for a while

Just now, (XBOX)Voltren Xytech said:

"getting help" costs an absurd amount of money, and it doesn't fix the issue, just how I would perceive the issue, the issue would still be there flying wildly out of my control

plus its difficult to talk to people that will actually listen nowadays, once you've done a rant or two people just kind of ignore everything you say after that point, no matter what the rant was about, hence why i posted it here 
though you do point out what im trying to get at, it is just entertainment, why does it have this painful pull to it, i mean ive been playing it for almost 6 years now and have sunk a bit of cash into it, but not nearly enough for me to physically become sick and depressed when i dont play it for a while

Look, I am just a random gamer, like you, who has simply been to this BBQ quite a lot over the years. And I am a cranky old geek.

Help does not have to cost anything more than a social connection does - just talk to someone if it's this big of a deal, talk to anyone, even here as we are doing, coming here is a form of getting help.

I get why you posted here, for the ear of people who 'get it', but if you don't at least listen to those that respond, then it's your loss. Don't write us off, just as you don't want to be written off, it goes both ways. 

Why you feel and think the way you do about the game is that, IMO/IME, you have placed it mentally in a part of your emotional fabric that elevates it beyond a game, that of a friend, SO, w/e.

Re-file it into Entertainment. You already see my point.

IMO, there is no investment, you simply had fun for 6 years, which is a phenomenal run with a game. Any money you spent simply funded 6 years of entertainment.

This is from the POV of someone that has watched, first hand, a GaaS game take over someone's life and watched them, an educated, PhD level person, lose career, house, all of it, because they could not put down a GaaS game.

So really, take care of yourself.

9 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Look, I am just a random gamer, like you, who has simply been to this BBQ quite a lot over the years. And I am a cranky old geek.

Help does not have to cost anything more than a social connection does - just talk to someone if it's this big of a deal, talk to anyone, even here as we are doing, coming here is a form of getting help.

I get why you posted here, for the ear of people who 'get it', but if you don't at least listen to those that respond, then it's your loss. Don't write us off, just as you don't want to be written off, it goes both ways. 

Why you feel and think the way you do about the game is that, IMO/IME, you have placed it mentally in a part of your emotional fabric that elevates it beyond a game, that of a friend, SO, w/e.

IMO, there is no investment, you simply had fun for 6 years, which is a phenomenal run with a game. Any money you spent simply funded 6 years of entertainment.

This is from the POV of someone that has watched, first hand, a GaaS game take over someone's life and watched them, an educated, PhD level person, lose career, house, all of it, because they could not put down a GaaS game.

Good advice. Videogames addiction is not a joke. I allways said the real test to see if you are an addicted to social media and videogames: Dont use your smartphone and computer for a week, just for a week.

43 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

It's just entertainment.

Take care of yourself.

Seems like you've found your shtick, eh?

53 minutes ago, (XBOX)Voltren Xytech said:

normally one would just stop playing a game if it frustrates you enough... but warframe is different, you can say your quitting the game, but your lying to yourself, you'll be back after a hiatus, because it has a pull that I can only associate with ADDICTION, except unlike addiction you dont get that endorphin high when you return, its just the same feeling of rust building in your veins when you pop back in your ship, even when there's a new frame, or new open world to explore, it just feels tainted

Sounds like you're the one that has issues, bud. A video game should never make you feel this way. I would look into another hobby if this is how you feel.

I get you, there are many things we want Warframe to have or stuff that should already be there (looking at you, outdated Warframes, Leverian, and especially you, New War) but DE being this slow on their updates, pandemic or not, there's really not much we can do.

My advice, play other games, not to try to quit WF but to get another perspective, see the whole thing from another angle, abandon hope for the dev team, or rather, set your expectations low from now on to not get as disappointed when sh*t goes down, and this is not just for WF but to all games, personally I've been playing Doom Eternal (loved this one) Cyberpunk 2077 and Apex a bit (though not as much as I used to)

Who knows, when you come back things might look different, and I don't necessarily mean it in a superficial level, but the feel, you might apreciate it a bit more, start seeing it differently, we all get it, WF could be a lot more, it has a lot of potential but there's a point where we just have to let it go and just embrace it for what it is and stop getting frustrated for what it could be.

I ragequit when they copy-pasted the second planet-grind Venus.

Didn't play from Venus uptil a few weeks before Deimos, not having heard any of it, I was faced with third copy.paste planet-grind, my most hated content.

I only got though operator and beginner amp part of the cetus planet-grind, so the smallest possible, knowing I never had to put up with any of it again.

Hated all of it, found fishing and mining to be a personal insult. NPCs spamming you the whole time, in tall grass where you couldn't see them, extra long loading times. Day cycle limited items, eidolon hunts.

I never played a game that made me grind my teeth and I can only compliment my friends for putting up with all the flaming and raging I did throughout.

These days no amount of bs can anger me, I just get tired instead, like physically exhausted lol.

I've run marathons for fun, I love being active and hard work but easily the most exhausting day of my life, was doing the grendal grind defense mission, where you have to go 20 waves doing crap damage.

Basically just wasting as much as your time as possible. That was the day I got to thinking if you can actually really be bored to death straight up.

Felt like I hadn't been to bed in 6 days and debated with myself if I should crash in my chair too tired to get to bed.

I just look at all of it, and have to ask where is the clever gameplay, the attempt to make it fun. This old video documentary where they talked about pushing gameplay and listening to the players.

If you didn't know any better, you'd think the developers hate us, and are pushing out content strictly to laugh at how much crap players will put up with for MR or weapons or mods or whatever.

Maybe we flamed them for so long they are trying to get back at us or something.

When I see them gating xaku behind several triple double grinds, having to max out several entire planets, with several grinds inside grinds, crafting inside crafting, inside crafting?

Like someone over there forgot this is an entertainment product. You are trying to sell fun.

Copy-pasting content and aggressively growing grind - not easy being innovative but it feels like no one is even trying.

Copy more planets, formulaic. Generic.

Some guy on the forum called upcoming octavia prime "copy-paste prime" lol, spot on.

Combat is fun, parkour is fun and it's f2p where everything else is what you put up with, if you can.

51 minutes ago, (XBOX)Voltren Xytech said:

normally one would just stop playing a game if it frustrates you enough... but warframe is different, you can say your quitting the game, but your lying to yourself, you'll be back after a hiatus, because it has a pull that I can only associate with ADDICTION

Hiatus isn't considered "stop playing"? Huh?

Also what's wrong with taking a long break waiting for bug fixes, QoL and additional features? Nothing. That's normal. Thread seems pointlessly melodrama infused with unnecessary emotions. Unwanted bugs happen all the freaking time in game development, see DRG for example, an indie game well beloved by many, U33.6 featured bug fixes but ultimately, introduced a quite annoying bug that rendered a boss fight to become nearly impossible (imagine an entire gamemode in Warframe became impossible to do, yeah), and this wasn't in the patch note, what did people do? Reported the bug and waited for its fix, with some people making posts like yours lol.

36 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Very well said. 

Yeah , I get you, the game has gotten too large for DE to handle but there really is no replacent for it.

I do not understand why they do not hire more if the Glassdoor reviews are to be believed.

That issue aside , veterans getting jaded and cranky cause it no longer provides the same satisfaction is unlikely to be resolved.

Every game turns sour once you overdose.

That's why I often take brakes now, play other games.

Which connects to your P2W regard, I've been through most of the free online games out there, and from all the mmo-like games out there WF is not only the least P2W it's also the most F2P by a large margin. No other game provides it's entire playable content for free.

I don't know what kind of resource you had trouble collecting, other than the scintilant fiasco nothing else comes to mind and I don't recall boosters affecting those. Even then, we needed about 10 in total, the biger issue was player impatience more than anything.

vor 20 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Apoleon_amarr:

Yeah, like bloons tower defense 6

Did you know that the final fantasy 14 free trial now includes not only the base game but also the much praised heavensward expansion, meaning you can create and level up a character up to level 60 and experience basically 2 whole games for free? That's definitely worth checking out.

Archived