Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Rebecca

20 minutes ago, ShadeOhNiner said:

Also, thank you for keeping everyone updated on the stream. Didn't watch past the drydock portion since I don't want too many spoilers for the new missions.

Sorry, didn't think of that. I think there's  nothing particularly spoilery in my notes.

27 minutes ago, nebfab said:

Sorry, didn't think of that. I think there's  nothing particularly spoilery in my notes.

Its fine. Like I said, just want to see it all for the first time when I actually do it. Just have some things to look forward to now. Oh, also... For anyone who was not watching the stream:  Vidar Mk1 armor cost 250 titanium on stream. (thats 2250 less then the current M1 sigma shield price, assuming they stay that way on launch).  I guess we will see what prices are like when the update launches.  (was going to add pictures, but the forum image insert function hates me for some reason...)

4 minutes ago, ShadeOhNiner said:

Its fine. Like I said, just want to see it all for the first time when I actually do it. Just have some things to look forward to now. Oh, also... For anyone who was not watching the stream:  Vidar Mk1 armor costs 250 titanium. Yes, 250. thats 2250 less then the current M1 sigma shield price, which means the price reductions are looking really promising (asssuming they stay that way). New material was added, but it doesnt look like it is going to be a real issue (500 was required for the Mk1). I guess we will see when the update launches. (was going to add pictures, but the forum image insert function hates me for some reason...)

250 is wayyyyyy tooo low

12 minutes ago, (PSN)Spider_Enigma said:

250 is wayyyyyy tooo low

11 minutes ago, ShadeOhNiner said:

yeah, looks likely to change. Going to cut my optimism out of my earlier post. Hopefully I didnt give anyone a false sense of hope there.

I think that's  compensated for by adding that new resource: We won't be able to use our stockpiles of stuff from before to just build anything we want right away, but it woul be less grindy to get everything needed for a build from now on.

8 minutes ago, nebfab said:

I think that's  compensated for by adding that new resource: We won't be able to use our stockpiles of stuff from before to just build anything we want right away, but it woul be less grindy to get everything needed for a build from now on.

True, but even that seemed like we could do four-five missions to build a Mk3. Still, we will see tomorrow I guess.

Command ranks, as seen on the stream vid:

1  the 1st crew member

2 Competency point

3 2nd crew member

4 competency point

5 3rd crew member

6 competency point

7 Competency retraining (Whatever that is... It says "allows you to redistribute previously assigned competency points" but doesn't say what limits there are.)

8 Unusual crewmates (that's an interesting wording... It's liches, rn, of course.) There is an one-lich limit, but the text (partly hidden by the stream layout seems to say that yes, you can summon liches with "on call." This actually makes them useful...

9 On Call  (ability to summon one pre-selected crew in non-railjack missions, done with a gear item...)

2 minutes ago, nebfab said:

Command ranks, as seen on the stream vid:

1  the 1st crew member

2 Competency point

3 2nd crew member

4 competency point

5 3rd crew member

6 competency point

7 Competency retraining (Whatever that is...)

8 Unusual crewmates (that's an interesting wording... It's liches, rn, of course.)

9 On Call  (ability to summon crew in non-railjack missions, done with a gear item...)

You can take this and edit it into your post, but it basically lets us reassign the competency points.

Also, it is probably some dev build shenanigans, but I think rank 9 command cost 128 intrinsics, not 256, while it was the normal progression for the rest.

Again, it's probably a bug/test code/whatever and not how its going to be on live, as I think they'd at least mention that, but, who knows.

New Forge can be seen at 35:14 in the YT vid. It only uses 3 resources (I only recognized cubic diodes...)

You can craft revolite (max 100, not 300) frame energy, hull restore, munitions (max 10) and dome (max 2) Now I see what they're trying to do here, but unless there's a mod for bigger capacities, I really don't like these... (There was a mod for better revolite efficiency shown.)

Just now, nebfab said:

New Forge can be seen at 35:14 in the YT vid. It only uses 3 resources (I only recognized cubic diodes...)

You can craft revolite (max 100, not 300) frame energy, hull restore, munitions (max 10) and dome (max 2) Now I see what they're trying to do here, but unles there's a mod for bigger capacities, I really don't like these...

reduced capacities should be expected, but I do find it somewhat worrying they are so low for dome/revo. There was an aura in the pre-mission modding section that had bonuses to forge capacity if I remember right though.

3 minutes ago, ShadeOhNiner said:

reduced capacities should be expected, but I do find it somewhat worrying they are so low for dome/revo. There was an aura in the pre-mission modding section that had bonuses to forge capacity if I remember right though.

The lower capacity is probably due to resources being per person, not to mention avionics might play a greater part in expanding this further outside of the aura slots - as a possible example: rare mod that grants +dome charges.

I'd expect some moding viability for different roles within the plexis loadouts (eg: solo, pilot, etc) as apposed to the 1 size fits all approach we have now.

52 minutes ago, Kokomala said:

The lower capacity is probably due to resources being per person, not to mention avionics might play a greater part in expanding this further outside of the aura slots - as a possible example: rare mod that grants +dome charges.

Maybe the revo will be ok at this limit, but I would have liked at least 3 dome charges (so someone with upgraded engineering can refill before a person runs out). Still, you are correct that there will be modding solutions to this and that may be what the devs want.

52 minutes ago, Kokomala said:

I'd expect some moding viability for different roles within the plexis loadouts (eg: solo, pilot, etc) as apposed to the 1 size fits all approach we have now.

I honestly see this as more limiting to those crews that shift positions rather than have someone specifically for any one station. Doing things that way keeps things interesting for longer the way I see it, but this new modding system forces you to limit yourself to only one role, be worse at another, or go back to drydock every time someone wants to switch positions (which honestly could be fixed if we could access the arsenal either once the mission is complete or during the mission itself [like in the simulacrum, but in a live mission]). Still need to see just how much bearing the new system has over individual task efficiency I suppose.

3 minutes ago, ShadeOhNiner said:

Maybe the revo will be ok at this limit, but I would have liked at least 3 dome charges (so someone with upgraded engineering can refill before a person runs out). Still, you are correct that there will be modding solutions to this and that may be what the devs want.

I honestly see this as more limiting to those crews that shift positions rather than have someone specifically for any one station. Doing things that way keeps things interesting for longer the way I see it, but this new modding system forces you to limit yourself to only one role, be worse at another, or go back to drydock every time someone wants to switch positions. Still need to see just how much bearing the new system has over individual task efficiency I suppose.

Possibly. Don't forget the minor breaches are completely removed. Not that anyone uses it now, but there's a mod that reduces revolite usage by 25%.

As for the modding system and roles, you can probably be highly specialized in 2 roles, simply because there isn't enough integrated mods for a single role right now. I've got a fairly generic railjack build as is, which would cover all roles for solo play fairly well, but also still be effective in a group (basically speed/boost, turret damage/heat, FA cheap shot) - I don't think that would change all that much in terms of effectiveness with the rework.

Going by the stream, at full ranks the mods look to be at equal (or slightly stronger) power compared to something right now that is at max avionics rank in a maxed grid, with avionics mostly the same. The only ones I couldn't see were the damage reduction ones, so who knows what they come across as (auras perhaps?).

3 hours ago, Kokomala said:

See, this is just dumb and a kick in the nads for solo play. I sure as hell never asked for this. All RJ needed was some refining/expanding of what was already there. The more I hear about what's to come the more I wish they never bothered. For every little improvement they've made there's an even bigger negative being added. Definitely not looking forward to this hitting consoles in another month or however long it takes.

vor 59 Minuten schrieb (PSN)VKPButcher:

See, this is just dumb and a kick in the nads for solo play. I sure as hell never asked for this. All RJ needed was some refining/expanding of what was already there. The more I hear about what's to come the more I wish they never bothered. For every little improvement they've made there's an even bigger negative being added. Definitely not looking forward to this hitting consoles in another month or however long it takes.

I agree the thought that we're once again taking massive steps backwards on the power fantasy aspect of FLYING A DAMN SPACESHIP GUNS BLAZING sounds worrying at first glance.

But at this point i'm willing to wait and experience it myself. And if it's like we all expect (exp farm being 95% down from Gian Point getting the Draco Treatment of Yeetus Deletus)  we can sure as heck throw that onto DEs "feedback" pile.

Until then? I'm cautiously optimistic.

1 hour ago, (PSN)VKPButcher said:

Seriously, those caps had better not make it into whatever's released. 

I'm not saying I'm not worried about this (2 dome, rly?) but  it can work solo. I'm actually more worried about team  play.

With shared stockpile  gone and the reserve being so low, how would anyone down in the forge know when to reload the FA and munitions? (besides chat, which is a clumsy way, and not everyone has voice)

I really like that there is a direct hull heal replacing the monkey business with the ruptures though. Should have been that in the first place.

5 hours ago, ShadeOhNiner said:

bonuses to forge capacity i

There is avionic like that now, and it actually increases raw material capacity, nobody uses it because even with the standard limit, railjacks rarely run out once the ball gets rolling (nor should they.)

On the plus side, I just noticed them rearranging the L screen.  Taactical abilities are now on top, and not permanently blotted out by drop notifications/Cy talking. Yes! The map turned 90 degrees is a fair price, we'll get used to it...

vor 2 Stunden schrieb nebfab:

On the plus side, I just noticed them rearranging the L screen.  Taactical abilities are now on top, and not permanently blotted out by drop notifications/Cy talking. Yes! The map turned 90 degrees is a fair price, we'll get used to it...

This. ACTUALLY being able to teleport to engineering without having to do a double tap (because the command overlays literally block the teleport button) is going to be a nice QoL change

Has anyone else noticed the increased drain on the new Avionics vs the old (current) system based on Reb & Meg's latest stream?

My current RJ load consists of the following Avionics and when maxed out they drain 72 in total.  However, if we are going by the latest dev stream, then they will cost 100 or 84 if we make use of the 3 polarity slots. 

The plexus comes with an orokin reactor installed giving us 60 mod capacity.  If we add an aura mod then that raises it to 7 so a total of 67 capacity.  However, that means I can no longer use my current avionics load out on the new update because the new Avionics drain capacity has increased by over 17...

DE, why have you increased the mod drain of the new Avionics and almost double on some?

Old vs new.

Hyperstrike = 13 vs 15

Predator = 8 vs 11

Section Density = 10 vs 15

Forward Artillery = 9  vs 16

Artillery Cheap Shot = 3 vs 7

Warhead = 13 vs 16

Conic Nozzle = 8 vs 11

Ion Burn = 8 vs 9

Thanks

37 minutes ago, NODE-304 said:

Has anyone else noticed the increased drain on the new Avionics vs the old (current) system based on Reb & Meg's latest stream?

My current RJ load consists of the following Avionics and when maxed out they drain 72 in total.  However, if we are going by the latest dev stream, then they will cost 100. 

DE, why have you increased the mod drain of the new Avionics and almost double on some?

The difference is that the current avionic grid increases the rank of the avionic without increasing the drain, combined with your reactor pick determines your avionic capacity. They've kept the avionic power the same and added roughly the grid rank to the mod rank, but also looked to have kept drain similar to existing mods on our other gear.

1 or 2 forma will get your same loadout. But then again with all of the changes, you might not even need that for an effective build - especially in a squad.

Archived