Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Rebecca

Sorry, I know this is usually pretty much a PC-Type of crowd, but I picked up on something mentioned in the Video Review, and may have an (early) idea for a possible contingency plan.

I'm assuming that "sprint" (for Railjacks) means "boost."

If so, then the boost duration & cool-down are just being pulled right out of the works.

(I don't mind AT ALL!)

Now the new limitation that is being added to piloting disables firing the Pilot turrets while boosting.

And that's presented as a mechanic with some ... margin of trepidation. Something with an expected backlash, which may require some sort of compensatory adjustment.

It just seemed like a totally natural idea, if there is such a backlash, to simply move the old boost duration & cool-down stats over to forward turret firing while boosting.

Basically keeping the boost stats, (or a scaled variant of them), and just moving them to the forward turrets.

Just an idea.

And just in case there is a sufficiently negative response to going completely "cold turkey" off of firing while boosting. 

cheers

7 hours ago, Kokomala said:

Munitions Vortex isn't exclusive to Tether.

Right now people want to jump into guns but most of the time they get yelled at because of tether detonations so they don't.  Additionally, battle/tactical avionics and energy will be unique to each player and will be brought to each mission. As battle avionics can only be used in the pilot or gunnery positions, where do you think people are going to go to use them?

That sentence is grammatically correct, but I have no idea what you mean by that.

People are going to try to use them from the side guns, then they're going to get yelled at to stop, because the pilot wants to do all the killing themselves.

32 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

That sentence is grammatically correct, but I have no idea what you mean by that.

People are going to try to use them from the side guns, then they're going to get yelled at to stop, because the pilot wants to do all the killing themselves.

You're making it sound as if people are only going to use is munitions vortex, with it being the new "tether", when we have no idea how the avionics have been rebalanced, not to mention how much strength, range and duration is granted by the reactors (and thus how the avionics scale). Considering the options for energy recovery, you'll probably have people using multiple and not just the one.

And since ammo/resources are no longer shared, people aren't going to care if someone is spamming powers from the side guns, because it does not affect them. The only reasons you got shouted out before, was because it wasted flux/ammo and it interfered with tether detonations - not because someone wanted to shoot things from the side guns. We can agree to disagree, but I think you're highly mistaken with how people are going to act once players get used to not having shared resources and being able to use their own avionics. A full squad tripling their battle avionics output will make short work of missions over just the pilot using theirs.

50 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

I disagree when I'm the pilot the only reason I don't want gunners using turrets is because it stops tether working and killing the fighters before they escape the spawn formation. this slows the fight way down, and makes me have to hunt down individual ships.  if tether isn't being destroyed by turret fire I'm fine with them being on side guns since it will allows me to line up the heavy cannon on the crew ships sooner. The only reason I ever focus on the gunners first is to keep the space clear for dealing with crew ships. for railjack I'm all about getting the fight done faster if a crowd of 10 ships can be downed in 1-2 tether shots in a matter of seconds great if i have to chase down individual fighters its going to take a few mins each group

I’m pretty excited for these up coming changes to railjack. Good to see Gian point go, it seems to attracted a lot of toxic players due to how quick the mission is even more so with the update announcement. Also, I’m quite intrigued on how energy economy will work with railjacks. Is it going to be kinda like exalted weapons were we don’t regenerate energy till we jump of stations. Or do we get a regenerate debuff when piloting.

1 hour ago, Ryuven said:

Good to see Gian point go, it seems to attracted a lot of toxic players due to how quick the mission is even more so with the update announcement.

Translation: I like to leech off others' RJs but I don't like being told what to do by the captain. 

2 hours ago, Claimingkarma said:

if tether isn't being destroyed by turret fire I'm fine with them being on side guns since it will allows me to line up the heavy cannon on the crew ships sooner.

That's the thing, those teammates should be out there blowing up crewships, not sitting in gun turrets. Though I guess that role is also up for a nerf with the upcoming elemental proc changes.

33 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

That's the thing, those teammates should be out there blowing up crewships, not sitting in gun turrets. Though I guess that role is also up for a nerf with the upcoming elemental proc changes.

nah leave the crew ships alone until fighters are gone go get stationary targets then deal with crew ships if I haven't already

just leave an engineer to back me up if i need flux and to fire dome charges/clear intruder alerts

I don't want this to be a kuva fortress/sharkwing tileset with extra steps and railjack itself made irrelevan... err OPTIONAL.

Yes, railwing has its fans and they have to be part of the mix, but there must be a mix, not 100% railwing 100% of the time.

25 minutes ago, Claimingkarma said:

nah leave the crew ships alone until fighters are gone go get stationary targets then deal with crew ships if I haven't already

If your teammates know what they're doing, there won't be any crewships left by the time the fighters are gone.

And now with more seriousness.

I don't like almost all of the changes. In fact, the only one I like is the ability to access your RJ from the orbiter. Couldn't you do this in the first place?

I don't like that I have to forma my applejack, like, a hundred times. And level it up a hundred times as well.

I don't like railjack mods change. Avionics and dirac system was fine. Or, you should have went mod route from the beginning.

I don't like the change of the damage types. You made alternative damage types for RJ and... now you revert it back. Why did you bother in the first place?

I don't like the removal of Gian Point. As someone pointed above, it's a symptom, not the root of the sickness.

I don't like the usage of warframe energy for applejack abilities. Pilots will be using the dispensary+equilibrium+synth fiber combo. Or be like me and use lavos and practice aggressive alcoholism and drunk flying.

I don't like the tether nerf.

I don't like railjack nullifier ships. What. Those totally will be a thing.

В 10.03.2021 в 23:29, __jag__ сказал:

I felt the same way initially, but during the Orphix Venom event I put a few Forma into both Necramechs, got most of the mods I wanted/needed, and now they're actually fun to play and feel quite powerful. Still a bit clunky though, but that's part of their story, being the older tech that came before Warframes.

Even if you'll never feel that way, there are (more than a few) players out there who do enjoy using them. Why not let them use their Necramechs in Railjack missions? 

yeah, i mean "forced" - via adding PERKS in talent trees for Necramechs...so for most people, not using them, those point will be a pure waste

2 minutes ago, Melanholic7 said:

yeah, i mean "forced" - via adding PERKS in talent trees for Necramechs...so for most people, not using them, those point will be a pure waste

How are you "forced" they are releasing new content that isn't a gateway to anything but new content they didn't take a normal mission and say you know what this needs is railjack lets make people play rail jack to get past this node on the star chart.

its a whole new thing new paths to go new things to do 

they are changing the current railjack system because a lot of people didn't like it so they are trying to mix it up and make it more appealing to those players but the lot of you trolls are on here just hating on everything DE tries to do to make the game better for more people i have never understood why people devote their lives to being this negative if you have an issue and don't like a decision point out that piece and offer constructive criticism but otherwise STFU and go spend time playing solo on some bs mission you've run a million times and quit dragging people into your pity party 

3 минуты назад, Claimingkarma сказал:

How are you "forced" they are releasing new content that isn't a gateway to anything but new content they didn't take a normal mission and say you know what this needs is railjack lets make people play rail jack to get past this node on the star chart.

its a whole new thing new paths to go new things to do 

they are changing the current railjack system because a lot of people didn't like it so they are trying to mix it up and make it more appealing to those players but the lot of you trolls are on here just hating on everything DE tries to do to make the game better for more people i have never understood why people devote their lives to being this negative if you have an issue and don't like a decision point out that piece and offer constructive criticism but otherwise STFU and go spend time playing solo on some bs mission you've run a million times and quit dragging people into your pity party 

im forced have thing i DONT want cause i have to level throught like talent lvl 7 to reach lvl 8, where lvl 7 is "buff to Necramechs". Thats just not cool and stupid. So, if im not using Necramech - I essentially just wasted 1/10 of tree, for example.  Thats not cool...

11 minutes ago, Melanholic7 said:

im forced have thing i DONT want cause i have to level throught like talent lvl 7 to reach lvl 8, where lvl 7 is "buff to Necramechs". Thats just not cool and stupid. So, if im not using Necramech - I essentially just wasted 1/10 of tree, for example.  Thats not cool...

😕 I don't know what to tell you but the same is true in other parts of the game i have to build weapons I dont want to build other weapons. I have to complete a sabotage mission when all I want is the catches rewards. i spend hours and hours opening relics when all i really want is forma bps. in other games with skill trees there are always skills that act as a gate way player a might not want but player b sees and they love it I'm sorry you don't like nechramechs but get over yourself your not the only one that plays this game I love my nechramech and look forward to the day they make it so I can run it in all missions. but i understand that its not your cup of tea and i respect that but intrinsics are easy to farm in fact they are so easy to farm it just happens for playing the game and eventually you have all maxed so might as well get that free S#&$ they gave you or again STFU and go play other missions

58 minutes ago, Melanholic7 said:

What makes you think you'd get a different perk you liked better without those perks, rather than just a smaller talent tree?

i just realised with the reward changes i've dropped from tier 2 to nothing. please make it an either, where you need wreckages built OR slots maxed, so that people who invested first in one or the other before dropping railjack from boredom get compensated?

45 minutes ago, -Augustus- said:

What makes you think you'd get a different perk you liked better without those perks, rather than just a smaller talent tree?

the fact all the other trees go to ten? I do, however, agree that what may replace it would not necessarily be better (think R10 gunnery, or maybe even R6 piloting).

Dev build stream, notes azdded as I watched possibly out of order:

Battle/tac mods have no mod power cost, so it's standard 9-cells modding grid really, as far as formaing is concerned.

Add: Shooting while boosting is now possible, but it slows down the boost.

Comm intrinsic scrolled by too fast, will need vod but rank 9 allows you to summon crew in non-railjack missions.

Liches only defend confirmed.

Crews: Cost either credits (8 randomly distributed points) or resources (random points, up to 10) YOU CAN FASHIONFRAME THEM :D (Liches can't be visually customized or swap weapons.) Reb says changes to liches aeren't in that tracker board now, she would add them after the launch.

3 distributable  competency points per crew, not 4.

showing off one of the "loot dungeons" on Venus P. There's an intrinsic that detects them.

Hijacked Corpus ships have usable abilities.

Corpus crewships much bigger and require some intermediate-level parkour to get to important places.

Also, there are taunts/commands from the enemy boss...

New Corpus enemies, including a

Spoiler

medium-sized raknoid-like mech.

Showing off Volatiile mode.

Volatile looks like a cross between survival and disruption, could be actually cool with a right team.

Ok, looks like liches may have one saving grace in the upcoming update. They mentioned on the current home stream that they will be letting up make a crew-member "on call", which lets us summon them in a mission. This is the only reason I can think of slotting a lich in my crew roster; so that I can summon a meat-shield and any given moment. There really needs to be more use to them then that though...

25 minutes ago, nebfab said:

Dev build stream:

Battle/tac most have no mod power cost

Add: Shooting while boosting is now possible, but it slows down the boost.

Comm intrinsic scrolled by too fast, will need vod but rank 9 allows you to summon crew in non-railjack missions.

Liches only defend confirmed.

Crews: Cost either credits (8 randomly distributed points) or resources (random points, up to 10) YOU CAN FASHIONFRAME THEM :D (Liches can't be visually customized or swap weapons.) Reb says changes to liches aeren't in that tracker board now, she would add them after the launch.

3 distributable  competency points per crew, not 4.

Hijacked Corpus ships have usable abilities.

Showing off Volatiile mode.

showing off one of the "loot dungeons" on Venus P. There's an intrinsic that detects them.

Corpus crewships much bigger and require some intermediate-level parkour to get to important places.

Also, there are taunts/commands from the enemy boss...

New Corpus enemies, including a raknoid-like mech.

Also, thank you for keeping everyone updated on the stream. Didn't watch past the drydock portion since I don't want too many spoilers for the new missions.

On 2021-03-12 at 10:17 AM, (PSN)True_Reclaimer said:

Building from scratch uses the same amount of resources as repairing

DE said "have all 6 slots filled" But one of those slots is blueprint craftable only, so what were they thinking?

Shouldnt it be 5 then not 6? Why would they care if its crafted or repaired?

You didnt answer the question, you completely avoided it

I did answer it. The stuff built from the dojo isn't called "wreckage" but the stuff you find in blueprint form while out in the wilds is. Your inability to pick this up from what I saw as a completely clear statement is not my fault. They never changed what was said about "wreckage", they just clarified that it is based off of how much repaired wreckage fills your slots. May seem like semantics, it's not. It's literally clarifying what you asked the question about.

Edit: also, there's 30 base wreckage slots, not 6. It's based on your inventory/capacity of wreckage. (Fun fact, you can also buy more, if you happen to fill them all and try to build/repair something new.)

45 minutes ago, ShadeOhNiner said:

the fact all the other trees go to ten? I do, however, agree that what may replace it would not necessarily be better (think R10 gunnery, or maybe even R6 piloting).

They only go to 10 because AW buffs are included. By your logic, those need to be deleted too.

Archived