Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Corpus Proxima & The New Railjack

[DE]Rebecca

18 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Nobody, not a single person in the entire world, plays Warframe to sit in a gun turret or to operate a crafting bench.

I do, actually. Not everyone likes the same things, which is why variety is good.

11 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

🙄 No, you don't.

😄 I'm, by definition, the world's foremost expert on what I like, and I definitely sometimes prefer the more slow-paced and quiet way to play, like the forge, to zipping around. That's what I expect from a starship mode, and that's what it makes it actually different and uniquely attractive. There are plenty of places to zip around and infiltrate already.

1 hour ago, SordidDreams said:

Nobody, not a single person in the entire world, plays Warframe to sit in a gun turret or to operate a crafting bench.

Actually, I love the gunnery seats, and I wish that a dedicated gunner had more offensive options available than the pilot does (ie. making Battle Avionics or Ordnance unavailable to the pilot). I personally am not a fan of the current engineer role, but I know people who are. Don't assume that everyone likes and hates the same things that you do.

28 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Which is exactly why those roles should be optional and filled by AI by default, to avoid pressuring players who don't enjoy them into them. I'm glad you agree with my point.

That's a delicate question of balance. If a forge (or turrets)  is auto-filled by an AI that does an adequately good job, anyone who takes up forge instead of AWing out would be seen as a leech. The station would be there but it would be emptier than turrets are now.

And if the AI is inadequate, then it as well can be just an empty station anyway.

What I'd suggest is some kind of preferred role tag you can assign to yourself and which can be seen by both the players and matchmking system, but that's pie-in-the-sky...

vor 39 Minuten schrieb Iamabearlulz:

Actually, I love the gunnery seats, and I wish that a dedicated gunner had more offensive options available than the pilot does (ie. making Battle Avionics or Ordnance unavailable to the pilot). I personally am not a fan of the current engineer role, but I know people who are. Don't assume that everyone likes and hates the same things that you do.

Whenever I play Railjack I volunteer for beeing the engineer. Gonna spread some love for my Hammer of Terra. She's just a beauty (like everyone's Railjack) and should be maintained properly. Keeping the Railjack in shape takes a lot of pressure from my crew so they can focus on their tasks. Sounds a bit silly, I know but I like playing games like this, honestly.

48 minutes ago, nebfab said:

I'm, by definition, the world's foremost expert on what I like

I'm not saying you don't like sitting in a gun turret. I am saying that you don't play Warframe to do that. It's just a fun little diversion on the way to other things, which is why I'm not suggesting taking it away. Again, I'm glad we're in agreement.

47 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

I love the gunnery seats, and I wish that a dedicated gunner had more offensive options available than the pilot does

That sounds less like love for the gunner's seat and more like envy of the pilot's seat.

4 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

That sounds less like love for the gunner's seat and more like envy of the pilot's seat.

Not so. If I wanted the pilot's seat, I'd be in the pilot's seat (which I regularly do, in my own Gekiso Gungnir). What I want is a clearer division of roles, where every position has a specialty. If the pilot can do everything the gunner can do and drive the ship on top of that, it leads to mentalities like yours (or worse, those who deliberately direct others away from the gunnery seat in order to take advantage of ridiculous mechanics like Tether).

8 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

If the pilot can do everything the gunner can do and drive the ship on top of that, it leads to mentalities like yours (or worse, those who deliberately direct others away from the gunnery seat in order to take advantage of ridiculous mechanics like Tether).

Newsflash, the pilot has to be able to do everything the gunner can do, otherwise this game mode would be unplayable solo and therefore DOA. Which means the gunner has to be a useless, redundant position (at least for now, we'll see if and how AI crew changes that). There's nothing wrong or bad about directing players away from the side guns in order to not mess up Tether. It's like directing a slow Nova to not cast her 4 in a defense. Warframe allows you to screw over the rest of the team by doing certain things in certain situations, and there's nothing wrong with telling people to quit doing that.

3 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

It's like directing a slow Nova to not cast her 4 in a defense.

Oh yes, the classic "This game is so easy I need to use a borked build and make the enemies move and act twice as fast in order to feel any kind of stimulation". Unless it's more of a "Give me rewards faster, I need to feed my Skinner Box addiction". Either way, not a great look.

6 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

unplayable solo and therefore DOA.

Seriously, why? Railjack was always advertised as a cooperative mode, yet people insist that it must not only be possible to do solo, it must be easy.

12 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

Unless it's more of a "Give me rewards faster, I need to feed my Skinner Box addiction". Either way, not a great look.

Ding, ding, ding! And yeah, I agree, it's not a great look... for the game. If only it weren't designed around this as its core concept. If you doubt that it is, look at how it's monetized. DE's main source of revenue is selling ways to skip or at least reduce the grind (i.e. prime access and boosters). And no, I'm being sarcastic, I do genuinely wish it weren't an addictive Skinner box that makes a profit by annoying and/or boring its players into paying money to not have to play it. But such a change of its core design philosophy would require a fundamental change of its business model, which is never going to happen.

12 minutes ago, Iamabearlulz said:

Seriously, why? Railjack was always advertised as a cooperative mode, yet people insist that it must not only be possible to do solo, it must be easy.

WF as a whole was always advertised as a cooperative game, yet most people play solo. I'm just glad it's actually possible to play with the ship now, and you don't need to cheese every mission by parking it out of enemy aggro range and doing the entire mission in AW like in the early days. I hope AI crews make it even better.

May ask if i would get the Tier 3 rewards i have 7 wreckages built but it is not on each slots i have 4 different tier 3 wreckages built and 3 tier 1 wreckages built but my tier 1 are all turrets please help kind of confused

As far as roles to play I've always liked the dog fighting for the pilot and the engineer to do 4 things forge, repair, fire artillery, and clear any boarders that the pilot doesn't avoid. then the other 2 players can go and complete objectives. This system seemed to always work for me because it keeps engineer busy with lots of tasks and since they are engineer they aren't real relying on someone else but are offering a ton of support. I mean obviously if something goes wrong shifting roles always an option but the side gunner seat I felt like should only ever have some one on it if there is really nothing to do but kill fighters 

6 minutes ago, 002type said:

May ask if i would get the Tier 3 rewards i have 7 wreckages built but it is not on each slots i have 4 different tier 3 wreckages built and 3 tier 1 wreckages built but my tier 1 are all turrets please help kind of confused

From what I understand it doesn't matter if the crafted gear is tier 3 the main thing is make certain you avoic grid is maxed in all slots I believe and the 6 was reduced to that amount to make it clear you have reached the goal because at first it was made 30 wreckages and there were so many questions (main one being how do I check how many I have made?) But if your grid is maxed id say your set to t3

15 minutes ago, (PSN)ClaimingKarma said:

From what I understand it doesn't matter if the crafted gear is tier 3 the main thing is make certain you avoic grid is maxed in all slots I believe and the 6 was reduced to that amount to make it clear you have reached the goal because at first it was made 30 wreckages and there were so many questions (main one being how do I check how many I have made?) But if your grid is maxed id say your set to t3

My grids are maxed out yesterday i was confused on the 6 wreckages and i thought it was slot related so to be short any wreckages is fine as long as you built 6 of them? Any parts and any tier?

3 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

Nobody, not a single person in the entire world, plays Warframe to sit in a gun turret

This reason why no one sits in the gunner position is less about shooting things, but more about the prevalence of tether being used and the detonation aspect not working properly for clients.

The tether change, combined with unique ammo/energy for players, will see an increase in gunner position uptake, especially in squads of 3 and 4.

On 2021-03-08 at 11:03 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Additionally, converted Kuva Liches are available for Crewing your Railjack as a Defensive powerhouse who are very difficult to take down thanks to their incredibly high Health stat.

Well, thanks for killing all of my interest in actually collecting kuliches for the crew.

13 minutes ago, Zankast said:

Would a vertical map of the rail jack be better than horizontal?

Maybe its just me or my world view or my culture view point but forward=up.

Yeah, I have no idea why they've got the Railjack map oriented so obviously wrong.

When you're using the rotating map in missions, the top of the map is ahead of you. They know that top = forward = fore, which is where the pilot seat is.

1 hour ago, SordidDreams said:

No, it won't. It'll see a swap to Munitions Vortex.

Munitions Vortex isn't exclusive to Tether.

Right now people want to jump into guns but most of the time they get yelled at because of tether detonations so they don't.  Additionally, battle/tactical avionics and energy will be unique to each player and will be brought to each mission. As battle avionics can only be used in the pilot or gunnery positions, where do you think people are going to go to use them?

Lots of interesting stuff for this update and lots of risk taken.

My only complaint would be this :

360 Turret view for Gunners. (Gunnery R2) needs to be the default mode for turrets. I had almost everyone who started RJ complaining about motion sickness from the unranked turret viewport.

Please make 360° the default view and replace it with something else, anything will do.

14 minutes ago, Memic said:

R10 gunnery have to be ability to use bfg while poloting

i would even take it as a avionic battle mod replace on of my abilities with that cannon but it might be seen as to powerful but maybe crew will start to use it some that might be cool for solo missions 

Archived