Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please remove radiation hazard missions, and the radiation status effect on players from the game.

Braneman

Right now the troll meta for Radiation Hazard missions is you bring mesa to troll the group with your friendly fire aimbot and annihilate the objective. This is the worst idea for something cooperative like Warframe that I can imagine, I ran into two failed missions with a Mesa in them, one that we failed because the troll mesa get a hold of the briefcase and the other duck out of because it was too painful to babysit these people with Titania's 1 so they don't end up insta killing the objective. Yeah I've tried Oberon's ability and it sucks, if somebody wants to troll they just get radiation procced and aim glide over the field and can entirely ignore the status cleanse or stand outside of the field.

I shouldn't be having to think about countering dev-approved insta-kill aimbot player trolls for any mission in any game especially when it's players in the PVE mode of a PVE game.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb DrivaMain:

You do know solo mode exist right? A simple switch in the matchmaking option will solve the troll problem instantly. 

doesn't really have to be trolling. many just don't know how it works. i played the missions forever and once at a def the fun started. I didn't take it seriously either. it was very fun to see the whole group on the floor. and even obj was failed.

otherwise the game is too boring. you need events for juicy emotions.
and the missions only last a few minutes anyway. if I really need it, I'll do it as you say solo ... ez

To be honest I've been that Mesa sometimes in the past. Unaware of why my teammates were going down so suddenly, because I did not know there was an element that enabled friendly fire.

Which is why after I found out about the effects of radiation I grew a liking to it. For two reasons. One, it's a very rare occasion, which makes it both tolerable and special. Two, it forces me to be aware of my surroundings when dishing out damage, it forces me to acknowledge that there are allies on the field, which is a welcome twist to the my regular carefree playstyle.

I'll still take Mesa or any frame I'd like to Radiation sorties, but now I know to be careful. If I don't want to be hassled by it, much like most Sortie Spies, I'll just go solo. So I'd like it to stay. Those blue gravitational magnetic proc orbs could go away, though. Those I would not miss.

21 minutes ago, (XBOX)Skippy575 said:

Wow, I don't want to be rude, but you might want to read my complaints about radiation hazard before posting that. Or heck read this post because you're not the only person to make that exact same mistake.

6 minutes ago, VieniSu said:

Oberon and Hildryn and there is an arcane also :) almost forgot Titania's 1 

If you don't even bother to look at my post at all what is the point of making a reply?

The problem isn't ME getting radiation it's random trolls bringing Mesa or aim gliding over Oberon's field where the field has zero effect, if you aren't touching the ground Oberon can't do anything to clear radiation procs and trolls know this, Hildryin's status clear is a one time thing, it has no lasting effects because it's on her 2 and a troll mesa can one shot you and everything else in the area before Hildryn's 2 even reaches you. Titania's ability doesn't work if they don't want it to work, they can just bullet jump around and avoid it entirely which is a problem shared by Ivara's cloak arrow augment.

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

You do know solo mode exist right? A simple switch in the matchmaking option will solve the troll problem instantly. 

And? That seems to be more a matter of avoiding a problem rather than addressing it. I can't tell you how unhelpful you're being because I get a strong impression you know exactly how unhelpful you're being. Also I'd like to point out that radiation hazard shows up in interception missions too and I can't think of anything I find more boring than soloing an interception mission.

If you don't get it after all that, this is about solving a trolling issue in Warframe, not avoiding a trolling issue in Warframe, so that the trolls go away and the problem is solved across the entire community.

there is nothing to solve, you said the other person suggesting solo mode as "easy way of avoiding" well then wont just changing the radiation THE MOST easy way to avoid, by not having the mission at all?

you met few players and all of a sudden you think every player does that. also sortie's are optional, you do it if you want or don't, since solo is boring to you

3 hours ago, Braneman said:

Please remove radiation hazard missions, and the radiation status effect on players from the game.

No and No... There are ways to get around it, either play a frame that has some sort of status removal effect or use some mod and/or arcane that gives resistance.
I for example currently use SpellBound on my Zephyr's second ability, not just for the CC but also for the Status immunity buff which i can apply to both me and my teammates.

3 hours ago, Braneman said:

Right now the troll meta for Radiation Hazard missions is you bring mesa to troll the group with your friendly fire aimbot and annihilate the objective.

Thats not Trolling, thats just selfish play and poor cognitive capability, people that lack the ability to understand that if they get irradiated they will instantly kill everything including their teammates and objectives should they use an AoE ability.
I at least never leave it cheap, if someone on my Team is using an AoE frame in radiation missions i run behind them and keep my aim on them, if i get downed by them i kill them from the ground to remind them of the Friendly fire mechanics in a painful way.

2 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

You do know solo mode exist right?

You do know thats a stupid answer to use in a Multiplayer game right?

9 minutes ago, Dauggie said:

there is nothing to solve, you said the other person suggesting solo mode as "easy way of avoiding" well then wont just changing the radiation THE MOST easy way to avoid, by not having the mission at all?

you met few players and all of a sudden you think every player does that. also sortie's are optional, you do it if you want or don't, since solo is boring to you

Do you have enough time on that cherry picker for another comment, or do you want to actually address anything?

Well no, the easiest way to avoid it would be to have radiation procs only make you vulnerable to other players and remove it's ability to let you attack other players, but that would be an entirely passive counterplay where you equip arcane healing and radiation sorties are free, exactly the same as solo radiation sorties.

The problem is that radiation as a whole is only useful because it ignores 75% of damage on alloy armor targets, the radiation proc itself in the hands of a player is worthless, and in the hands of an enemy it's an open invitation for the people like the poster directly below you. I didn't say every player is like that but in a co-op PVE game like Warframe players SHOULDN'T be able to be like that, you SHOULDN'T be able to instantly auto-fail a mission for everybody else in a group. It doesn't matter if it's possible to get around that or if it's possible to ignore that, it shouldn't be possible to do in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Braneman said:

The problem is that radiation as a whole is only useful because it ignores 75% of damage on alloy armor targets, the radiation proc itself in the hands of a player is worthless

Not true, Radiation acts as a Crowd Control status if you know how to properly use it. Once you apply a proc to a group of enemies, if you leave their line of sight they will target and start to kill each other instead of focusing on the player or defense objectives. For the same reason it also acts as a Debuff causing enemies like Eximus with their Auras or Ancient Healers with their damage reductions to stop taking effect.

Just now, BiancaRoughfin said:

No and No... There are ways to get around it, either play a frame that has some sort of status removal effect or use some mod and/or arcane that gives resistance.
I for example currently use SpellBound on my Zephyr's second ability, not just for the CC but also for the Status immunity buff which i can apply to both me and my teammates.

Thats not Trolling, thats just selfish play and poor cognitive capability, people that lack the ability to understand that if they get irradiated they will instantly kill everything including their teammates and objectives should they use an AoE ability.
I at least never leave it cheap, if someone on my Team is using an AoE frame in radiation missions i run behind them and keep my aim on them, if i get downed by them i kill them from the ground to remind them of the Friendly fire mechanics in a painful way.

I was using Titania, the problem is Titania's 1 doesn't work if the other player does not want it to because they can just bullet jump to avoid it.

The post directly above you is somebody who knows how to use radiation procs to troll and does it deliberately, I've encountered people for years in radiation hazard that do it deliberately, if you use Oberon they'll aim glide over the grass with a radiation proc and spray you with bullets, and if they want to do it deliberately there is very little you can do to stop them unless you are actually faster than Mesa's 4 and can stop it directly targeting a mobile defense objective throughout the entire range of Mesa's 4.

The point of this thread is that people shouldn't even have an option to troll like that in a PVE Co-op game, not that it's possible to prevent it in edge cases that they can entirely avoid with little effort. Especially because it's almost impossible to tell between who is trolling and who isn't with radiation procs, I had somebody today who I'm pretty sure left that mission because they didn't understand that Titania's 1 prevents status effects and thought I was deliberately trying to attack them.

2 hours ago, Braneman said:

The point of this thread is that people shouldn't even have an option to troll like that in a PVE Co-op game

Ok, if that's your point.

Then the rare Radiation Hazard that shows up in Sortie sometimes should be your least concern

there are bigger troll issues that should be addressed first such as:

"Friendship Doors"

being able to steal the datamass and refuse to drop it

Volt being able to spam Speed Boost faster than your backflip animation to opt-out of it

Limbo being able to deny other players access to mission objectives (computer terminals in rift)

Melee Combo timing getting fuxxored by unwanted speed buffs from other players

etc...

3 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Ok, if that's your point.

Then the rare Radiation Hazard that shows up in Sortie sometimes should be your least concern

there are bigger troll issues that should be addressed first such as:

"Friendship Doors"

being able to steal the datamass and refuse to drop it

Volt being able to spam Speed Boost faster than your backflip animation to opt-out of it

Limbo being able to deny other players access to mission objectives (computer terminals in rift)

Melee Combo timing getting fuxxored by unwanted speed buffs from other players

etc...

Isn't that just directly a dictionary perfect definition of "whataboutism"

31 minutes ago, Braneman said:

Isn't that just directly a dictionary perfect definition of "whataboutism"

Not really

actually in a roundabout way I was trying to make it obvious how Silly it is to ask that trollable mechanics be removed from the game

because there's just so many creative ways to do it, the only way you'd really be free from it is by gimping everything and end up with a very boring game

ie, your request is like crying for nanny to hold your hand

(next time I'll try to be more direct with my elitism and insults)

is "git gud scrub" easier?

8 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Not true, Radiation acts as a Crowd Control status if you know how to properly use it. Once you apply a proc to a group of enemies, if you leave their line of sight they will target and start to kill each other instead of focusing on the player or defense objectives. For the same reason it also acts as a Debuff causing enemies like Eximus with their Auras or Ancient Healers with their damage reductions to stop taking effect.

^ This

I'd have a lot more problems with radiation effects if it weren't that it makes the missions substantially easier on solo mode.

Hence all it really does is change the normal incentives for group size & mean that bigger group =/= better; so if you really hate playing with people who either don't understand or actively troll then you've got an in-built easy opt-out from the mechanic.

6 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Not really

actually in a roundabout way I was trying to make it obvious how Silly it is to ask that trollable mechanics be removed from the game

because there's just so many creative ways to do it, the only way you'd really be free from it is by gimping everything and end up with a very boring game

ie, your request is like crying for nanny to hold your hand

(next time I'll try to be more direct with my elitism and insults)

is "git gud scrub" easier?

I've rarely seen somebody trying to provoke a reaction be so forward, legit question is that okay with moderation staff on these forums? I'd actually like to know where the line is drawn from somebody experienced like you.

5 hours ago, Braneman said:

I've rarely seen somebody trying to provoke a reaction be so forward, legit question is that okay with moderation staff on these forums? I'd actually like to know where the line is drawn from somebody experienced like you.

Arguably, yes?

obviously there's a wide range of people in any given community,

but I would say my sarcastic tone is relatively common, and I've seen much worse. The Forum does have a reputation for being 'salty' and even 'toxic', in particular older players' reactions to changes. It should be noted that in a lot of ways DE has given up on these Forums; many of the developers seem to respond and react more readily to discussions on Warframe Reddit (3rd party) than their own Forum.

Any rate, my abrasive delivery aside, the point still stands: I disagree with the notion of dumbing-down game mechanics.

Regarding Radiation specifically, you should be made aware: that when Radiation was first introduced it was possible to shoot yourself in the foot with a Rad weapon in Any Mission and start PKilling. DE has already addressed that trolling by removing the ability to self-proc leaving Radiation only as an occasional Environmental Hazard in some Sorties (which are meant to be more difficult). This solution has been working for years.

So you can see with that background information, why an older player might be dismissive of suggestions that the current state of Radiation is a problem.

And how when similar suggestions for other game mechanics we are accustomed with, to keep coming up again and again, over time it would garner annoyance and resentment of the new players suggesting such things.

And again, there's a wide range of people.

On 2021-03-15 at 5:29 AM, Braneman said:

The problem isn't ME getting radiation it's random trolls bringing Mesa or aim gliding over Oberon's field where the field has zero effect, if you aren't touching the ground Oberon can't do anything to clear radiation procs and trolls know this, Hildryin's status clear is a one time thing, it has no lasting effects because it's on her 2 and a troll mesa can one shot you and everything else in the area before Hildryn's 2 even reaches you. Titania's ability doesn't work if they don't want it to work, they can just bullet jump around and avoid it entirely which is a problem shared by Ivara's cloak arrow augment.

Seems your problem is not with radiation hazard but with troll players. I have bad news for you: you won't solve anything. If someone wants to troll you, they will find a way. Loki teleport? Limbo rift? Nova portals? Frost snowball? To name a few. And those don't even need radiation to be troll material.

I suggest you to play solo those missions if you don't want to be trolled. Or to play solo completely, because playing with other people will make this happen every now and then.

On 2021-03-15 at 8:26 PM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Arguably, yes?

obviously there's a wide range of people in any given community,

but I would say my sarcastic tone is relatively common, and I've seen much worse. The Forum does have a reputation for being 'salty' and even 'toxic', in particular older players' reactions to changes. It should be noted that in a lot of ways DE has given up on these Forums; many of the developers seem to respond and react more readily to discussions on Warframe Reddit (3rd party) than their own Forum.

Any rate, my abrasive delivery aside, the point still stands: I disagree with the notion of dumbing-down game mechanics.

Regarding Radiation specifically, you should be made aware: that when Radiation was first introduced it was possible to shoot yourself in the foot with a Rad weapon in Any Mission and start PKilling. DE has already addressed that trolling by removing the ability to self-proc leaving Radiation only as an occasional Environmental Hazard in some Sorties (which are meant to be more difficult). This solution has been working for years.

So you can see with that background information, why an older player might be dismissive of suggestions that the current state of Radiation is a problem.

And how when similar suggestions for other game mechanics we are accustomed with, to keep coming up again and again, over time it would garner annoyance and resentment of the new players suggesting such things.

And again, there's a wide range of people.

I'm so glad we have intelligent people to comment on threads like these.

Am 17.3.2021 um 18:28 schrieb (NSW)Belaptir:

Seems your problem is not with radiation hazard but with troll players. I have bad news for you: you won't solve anything. If someone wants to troll you, they will find a way. Loki teleport? Limbo rift? Nova portals? Frost snowball? To name a few. And those don't even need radiation to be troll material.

I suggest you to play solo those missions if you don't want to be trolled. Or to play solo completely, because playing with other people will make this happen every now and then.

or not play a warframe at all if it "generates" negative emotions. unless you like it.

how can someone annoy me when i'm relaxed and i don't care about anything? mission impossible.

i also had a def with moving target. it was hardly possible in public. then i switched to solo and camped with npc in a dead end ... or these rescue or spy missions ... i do them solo in 01:30 - 02:00 minutes. i don't know any difficult mission in warframe. i even SP was super easy solo.

if mission is difficult, i still ask for advice. and most of the time I was helped.

I never get the idea to complain. Others are not to blame, if someone is absolutely unable to master primitive mission.

about trolling etc .: that's eternal chewing gum. I already know trolls from other PVP games. but here they are doing it on purpose. and trolls really hope for a negative reaction in the chat. otherwise the whole action is pointless.

26 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

but here they are doing it on purpose. and trolls really hope for a negative reaction in the chat. otherwise the whole action is pointless.

This is exactly what they look for. There are missions that I only play with friends or in solo because I know the risk of getting a troll is real, so to avoid a headache, I don't go public.

Unfortunately, this is how Internet works. Not everyone is going to be nice to you, there will be people who will try to annoy you and you have two smart options here: either you ignore them or you just avoid them. There's a third option which is not so smart: getting angry at them; because that's what they want.

Archived