Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 29.10.0: Bug Hunting Megathread (Read First Post!)

[DE]Danielle

Message added by [DE]Danielle,

Please note: All known and fixed bugs, popular and live feedback, and more are being tracked on our Trello board: https://trello.com/b/K34ACrAu

We will not be updating this forum thread with the above. 

These are two bugs I have encountered since the new update:

1: it seems that due to one of the gunnerys being located where an archwing launch point in the previous [unrefined] railjack update there are intermittent glitches where the game doesn't know whether or not to deploy archwing or deploy a turret... or just do nothing and require a mission restart

https://imgur.com/bawaW1c

2: the Lich ai seems to be very passive, so much so that the crewmate that I assigned as an engineer ended up repelling boarders more effectively

https://imgur.com/RUV6D6J

• TYPE: In-Game
  • DESCRIPTION: Finished a Corpus Railjack mission, used Navigation to select the next node, but the mission complete screen won't allow me to 'exit' into the next mission
  • VISUAL: P5cskKz.png
  • REPRODUCTION: Appears fairly often, had it occur approximately 4 times since starting the Corpus Railjack nodes, and am almost complete the Corpus Vail Proxima.  This has occurred at least once in every Corpus Proxima region thus far. 
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Press 'Exit' and move into the next mission
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Pressed 'Exit', no effect.  Pressed the Escape key on my keyboard, no effect.  Type 'unstuck' into chat, no effect.  Tried random keys, and I *think* 'i' or 'o' progressed the page
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Unsure how to reproduce

• DESCRIPTION: Solo with crew doing a railjack mission, and required 2 crewships. I believe I saw 2, boarded and destroyed one. But the other one either vanished, or was never there to begin with. Or possibly got destroyed somehow and not counted. Issue was I was unable to progress the mission at all from that point.  
  • VISUALhttps://imgur.com/a/LGWpJRG
  • REPRODUCTION: N/A
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Should have had a second crewship to blow up.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Mission stalled, could not progress. Even flying up to the corpus pillar. Checked door, but was inactive. Waiting in mission for about 20mins until I had to abort.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Only seen this once, but not really done these missions much yet.

Also, just as an aside, also seen the bug above described by Daiphelion. Was moving between missions to an orphix mission, and both myself and another were trapped in the menu. 

i dont know if it's intended or not, but taro engineers appears in neptune proxima volatile missions, instead of what should be axio engineers (they seems to have they're entry in codex, but they do not spawn)

• DESCRIPTION: I was changing a crewmate's weapon, and I got the pop-up pictured. I replicated it a few times, but was only successful when my warframe's secondary weapon was the kuva nukor, and when the crewmate's previously equipped weapon was a non-kitgun primary weapon.
  • VISUAL:  wUvgq5F.jpg
  1. Equip the crewmate with a primary weapon
  2. Spam ESC until you're out of the menu
  3. Equip the crewmate with a kitgun secondary weapon
  4. Open the weapon's upgrade tab
  5. Click on the weapon's arcane slot
  • EXPECTED RESULT: The weapon arcane menu should have shown up, as it normally does.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: This popup popped up and I was unable to change the equipped arcane.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: I was only successful in reproducing this bug when my warframe was equipped with the kuva nukor. I was not successful with other secondary weapons, other kitguns, or other kuva secondary weapons. I did not attempt to equip the crewmate with other kitguns: only with this catchmoon kitgun. I successfully reproduced this bug twice when following the instructions above. I was not successful when steps 1 and 2 were omitted.

This isn't exactly a bug, but the sound that play when your ship is dashing and sprinting (I don't know what to call it, moving fast and moving so fast you can't shoot) is very loud and grating. It tends to drown out everything else and is unpleasnt to listen to. Could they maybe get toned down a bit?

TYPE: In-Game

DESCRIPTION: Travelling to Saturn Relay in railjack, got stuck in void jump.

REPRODUCTION: Travel to Saturn Relay from Railjack after completing a mission.

EXPECTED RESULT: Arrived at Saturn Relay.

OBSERVED RESULT: Got stuck in an infinite void jump, cant exit game by pressing escape or return to ship.

REPRODUCTION RATE: This happens every time I try to enter a relay, but not when I enter any other mission, or dry dock.

TYPE: In-Game
DESCRIPTION: DOOR STUCK, PLEASE I BEG YOU. I was just running quick paced exterminate missions to farm for nautilus parts and I was impeded by a door that wouldn't open, it was shown as being openable, but approaching it, and leaving it alone it would not open. Rendering the mission uncompleteable and having to abort.
VISUAL: m76J34S.jpg
REPRODUCTION: No idea, it just happened for no discernible reason while I was busy killing enemies.
EXPECTED RESULT: Door should've opened
OBSERVED RESULT: DOOR STUCK
REPRODUCTION RATE: Only happened once so far but if it happened once it'll probably happen again at random

• TYPE: UI
  • DESCRIPTION: New steel path incursions tab stays at 5 instead of decreasing as you complete the steel path incursions
  • VISUAL :

49258ee43a58e5d21e1599ef80ecf775.png

• REPRODUCTION: clear any steel path incursion when they reset at the end of the day and look at the steel path incursion tab
  • EXPECTED RESULT: steel path incursion count should decrease depending on how many you have done
  • OBSERVED RESULT: count stays at 5 nomatter how many steel path incursions you do.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: has happened every single day since it was added.

I'll report a few more bugs i have noticed since the update has released while i am at it.

• TYPE: In-game, Railjack
  • DESCRIPTION: after a mission is completed in railjack while you're not the host, it will sometimes not allow you to vote to continue onto the next mission or return to the dry dock
  • VISUAL :

041da8b0b2e6677c0aec2b008e74ab4b.png

• REPRODUCTION: complete a mission while you aren't the host of the railjack and attempt to start a another mission.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: the game allows you to vote for the next mission and continue to play when everyone has voted yes.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: the game breaks leading to you only being able to say no and the host having to force start the mission to continue
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: doesn't happen every time but is very common.

• TYPE: In-game
  • DESCRIPTION: focus pickups saying your total focus instead of how much focus you got during the period of time you had the pickup
  • VISUAL : unable to get a visual for this one
  • REPRODUCTION: pick up a focus pickup and kill enemies to get your focus up, tells you your total focus throughout the whole mission instead of what you just got in that time limit
  • EXPECTED RESULT: the game tells you the focus you got during the allotted time.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: the game tells you your total focus obtained through the whole mission instead of in the allotted time.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: hasn't happened every single time but it happens very frequently.

• TYPE: In-game, Railjack
  • DESCRIPTION: sentinal became so small i couldn't see it randomly for no reason when starting a railjack mission with a friend
  • VISUAL : ( look above umbra's head )
    3aae87b77e4b3cc7eb123d641f99c7a4.png
  • REPRODUCTION: i have no idea, starting up the mission from the drydock caused it.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: sentinal should be proper size
  • OBSERVED RESULT: sentinal was so small i couldn't see it for the remainder of the mission
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: happened only once so i'd say very rare.

Edited by Duo_Strikes
added another bug.
  • Like 1

• DESCRIPTION: Joined a fresh PUG RJ mission (Venus defence) and we all entered it without a Railjack, only Archwing. Host migration did not solve the issue. The omni complained that I needed Tactical 4 (which I have) to teleport to the non-existant RJ. Unsure if someone left just as the mission started, if that could have been a catalyst. But we were 4 players when mission loaded in.
  • VISUAL: -
  • REPRODUCTION: Join a mission and roll a dice I guess.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Spawning inside a Railjack.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: 4 confused players floating in space with their Archwings. No Railjack in sight. No mission parameters. No enemies. No nothing. Flying, shooting and looting worked though.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Game breaking: 1 time. Spawing in space with Railjack spawning seconds later: 1 time.

Unable to enter the Upgrade mods screen for a MOA or its weapon.

• TYPE: Orbiter
  • DESCRIPTION: When trying to Upgrade mods for a MOA in the Arsenal, it very often won't load the MOA image and then won't let you upgrade the mods for the companion nor its weapon.
  • VISUAL: See attached images. First shows the companion screen after minutes. The second shows what happens when you click on Upgrade for the companion or its weapon.
  • REPRODUCTION: Attempting to enter the Upgrade screen for a companion and its weapon pops up the error.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: It should have entered the mod upgrade screen.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Instead returns a "Selected item has not yet been loaded. Please wait a moment and try again." No amount of waiting resolves it, nor does going into another menu, Operator mode, or anything else in the Orbiter. Seems to require going into a mission and re-entering the Orbiter to work correctly.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Every time I try to upgrade mods for the MOA or its weapon after loading the game.

Image 1: MOA never loads

g8b3w0j.png

Image 2: Clicking Upgrade for the MOA or its weapon gives an error.

fL0Aoeq.png

• Like 1

Type: In-Game

Description: using Protea Grenade fan to boost shields before exiting RJ into archwing makes the grenade fan very big while boosting archwing shields

Reproduction: Go into RJ as Protea, start a mission, go next to the exit hole thingy between the ventral and dorsal turret, hold 1 to get a boost to shields (don't get on top of the exit because the shield thingies will fall thru the closed hole  - another bug). Confirm the overshield is active, then press x on the exit to leave the RJ and go into space. Notice the size of the grenade fan thingy boosting your shields in archwing (its very big).

Expected Result: Grenade fan shield orb thingy should be of appropriate size

Observed Result: Grenade fan shield orb thingy is disproportionately big

Reproduction Rate: 100%

• DESCRIPTION: Some Corpus Proxima enemies (such as the Gox) do not appear to drop components. Upon closer inspection, it appears that they do drop components, but they are dropping as ground-based blueprint pickups. These drops will float away when dropped, and can collide with surfaces. The Railjack does not receive any HUD indication for these drops, nor can it pick them up. You do seem to be able to pick these drops up in Archwing, at which point it awards loot as normal (however, this is very difficult to do, due to their small size and fast movement).
  • VISUAL
    Spoiler

20210321150212-1.jpg

• REPRODUCTION: Destroy Gox in Corpus Proxima missions until a component drops.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: A large purple component pickup that is marked on the HUD and can be picked up by the Railjack.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: A tiny blueprint pickup that is not marked on the HUD and cannot be picked up by the Railjack.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Always occurs when a Gox should drop a component, may also occur for other units.

• DESCRIPTION: Completed RJ Venus defence mission and host voted for a Saturn mission. RJ jumps, mission result screen comes up but unable to close. UI buttons don't work. Pressing ESC won't work. Going into profile screen and fiddling does not help. The result sceen won't go away no matter what, resulting in players having to Alt-F4.
  • VISUAL: -
  • REPRODUCTION: Start a another RJ mission after completing one and roll a dice I guess.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: Being able to close the mission results UI/screen upon entering a new mission.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: 4 players being unable to close the mission result screen and being forced to Alt-F4.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: 1 time.
Edited by Larsurus
  • Like 1

• DESCRIPTION: i discovered you can spawn your crewmate infinitely whenever they die in the simulacron, this lead to a really terrifying visual glitch when they died
  • VISUAL:
    c35ee77db6510b9904078941341cde75.png
  • REPRODUCTION: go into the simulacron, summon your crewmate, let them die and do it again and again a few times.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: body should disappear when resummoned
  • OBSERVED RESULT: after two or three deaths, tons of visual bugs start happening with being able to command nothing to follow or stay in a place and floating heads and/or torsos everywhere, one of the times they died, they even turned into a headless ember ragdoll.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: only tried it out once but it looks easy to repeat

• DESCRIPTION: i don't think if this is a bug or not but desicrate works on dead crewmates.
  • VISUAL: can't get one cause i have no means of recording it.
  • REPRODUCTION: summon your crewmate, let them die and use nekros' desicrate ability and the crewmate disappears and sometimes turns into a health orb.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: shouldn't be able to desicrate... i think.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: desicrate works on the crewmate's dead body and they disappear.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: did it multiple times, worked every single time.
Edited by Duo_Strikes

• DESCRIPTION: Client side player (on friends only) seeing the host's Cephalon Suda crew member with Ember's body. I was the only person who could see this. She was set to pilot, but even out of the pilot's seat she looks like this. Harmless, admittedly--she animated correctly and fought normally later on, even though her arms are in strange positions here. However, even her helmet changed colors to match Ember's default color scheme as we continued to play.
  • VISUAL:

unknown.pngunknown.png

• REPRODUCTION: Unsure.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: The operative should retain her original body and colors set by the host.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: The operative has Ember's body.
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: As of yet, rare.

Type: In-Game bug/ UI-bug

Description: Locked and inescapable mission rewards screen after auto-teleport by leaving Railjack-Defense. (Auto-porting in Necra-Mech).

Reproduction: Always and in any Corpus Railjack defense mission. Play 5 waves defense choose "leave" option while in Necramech/summoning Necramech back on Railjack.
Expected Result: Showing reward screen, exiting it and play new mission/clear eventually left optional reward task in the actual mission.

Observed Result: Screen locks after getting into Railjack or going to new mission. Inescapable so that abort of mission  via ALT+F4 is needed. (Loss of all loot inclusive).

Reproduction Rate: Tried several Missions with different hosts out of own clan. Everytime (5+ tries) this bug appears in Corpus Railjack defense Missions.

Side note: Screenshot can't show the problem, so no screenshot added.

TYPE: In-Game/AI crew

DESCRIPTION: Decided to finally farm the sentient anomaly and went against grineer, first mission went normally and my plexus leveled up so I was able to place and upgrade the Worm's Torment plexus mod, next mission grineer crewships disappeared and Cy ticked them off as destroyed. After about 3 seconds all 6 crewships were destroyed without me using forward artillery or going inside the only thing I saw happen was my AI crew shooting at them and then they disappear. I don't know if I received any drops from them since I didn't see the telltale drop cloud. Correction drops did drop.
Can provide EE.log if needed.

VISUAL: None since crewships just straight up disappeared

REPRODUCTION: Using Worm's torment or Granum's nemesis(depending on faction) and having AI crew manning the gun, get close enough so that they start targeting the crewship and leave the pilot seat, crewships will disappear in seconds counting as destroyed.

EXPECTED RESULT: Having to use forward artillery to destroy crewships.

OBSERVED RESULT: After about 4-5 seconds Cy saying that all crewships are destroyed.

REPRODUCTION RATE: Fresh from testing looks like it's about 50% chance on first disable but after crewships self-repair from 0 health they always get wiped out. After further testing got the reproduction to 100%. My side guns are Zetki Carcinnox MK III with maxed out fire rate bonus.

Edited by Eyn_Sof

TYPE: In-Game/ Dojo

DESCRIPTION: Map overlaps all different levels of dojo into one (i think this is relatable with another bug that sends ppl directly into the RJ instead of the "entrance" of the dojo, when inviting them in)

VISUAL

Spoiler

Rtuzs0J.png

REPRODUCTION: Leaving Dry dock/RJ and invitin any1 directly into dojo seems to proc this.

EXPECTED RESULT: Having a proper map?!

OBSERVED RESULT: Map overlaps.

REPRODUCTION RATE: Everyday.

• DESCRIPTION: The new Rail Jack Armor Plating mods do not show as “Equipped” while scrapping.
  • VISUAL:

(the insert image from URL button just keeps turning red when I try to link images from any site)

https://ibb.co/8XnPnqY
https://ibb.co/qRGRy3R

• REPRODUCTION: Equip a armor plate, observe that it does not show “Equipped” when scrapping.
  • EXPECTED RESULT: It should behave as all other equipment does and show itself as “Equipped” to prevent accidental scrapping.
  • OBSERVED RESULT: Plating does not show “Equipped”
  • REPRODUCTION RATE: Every Time

Edited by Yoinx

TYPE: In-Game/ Dojo

DESCRIPTION: Inviting people to dojo, sends them directly into RJ, without an exit besides using fast travel! You can't trade with ppl locked in your RJ, therefore this is kinda annoying when trying to sell stuff.

VISUAL: n/a

REPRODUCTION: Not sure if its ping related, or related to the bug i reported above(Map overlapin after exiting RJ)

EXPECTED RESULT: Just my clients to be able to enter dojo, not my RJ :D

OBSERVED RESULT: They get locked in RJ and charge me for kidnapin

REPRODUCTION RATE: every so often

TYPE: RJ missions

DESCRIPTION: Electrical Hazard persists after repair, so pratically everytime this happens you cant change crew role, you can't use tactical or Battle powers and the persistence is so great, even if you fly back to a dry dock the map will still be in full static mode 

VISUAL:

Spoiler

wPdSHxt.png

REPRODUCTION: about 80% of the time i get an electrical hazrd onboard, seems to happen more in veil proxima and higher lvl missions (cuz eletrical hazards arent a thing in other proximas i believe)

EXPECTED RESULT: Fixing my damm rJ

OBSERVED RESULT: Static eletrical bogaloo

REPRODUCTION RATE: everysooften

Edited by Rastazz