Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Stagger On Amps A Thing?

ReclusiveMerc

Well Imma be real with you bro Im pretty sure you landed in the water which is why.. water if even a foot deep makes you go back. I realized this after zooming like 5 miles off a cliff without touching the ground and barely skimming water with Gauss, imagine running halfway across the map just to be reset..

1 minute ago, Melanholic7 said:

why freaking stagger is a thing at all....=/// for example: old staticor - miserable selfdamage, fun to use. Now: selfstagger every time. Tonkor, etc.... such a dumb mechanic. 

the big difference being that weapons can be modded for less stagger.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

Well Imma be real with you bro Im pretty sure you landed in the water which is why.. water if even a foot deep makes you go back. I realized this after zooming like 5 miles off a cliff without touching the ground and barely skimming water with Gauss, imagine running halfway across the map just to be reset..

I staggered into the water mate, that ridiculous backflip was the stagger.

7 minutes ago, Melanholic7 said:

why freaking stagger is a thing at all....=/// for example: old staticor - miserable selfdamage, fun to use. Now: selfstagger every time. Tonkor, etc.... such a dumb mechanic. 

There're these handy mods called Sure Footed and Primed Sure Footed, y'know? They reduce or outright negate pesky self-stagger when used... or you can mod the weapon in question to reduce self-stagger.

I mean, yeah, there're probably better uses of a polarized exilus slot... but for an explosives-happy Valkitty like myself, Primed Sure Footed is my second best friend, right behind my Kuva Ogris.

Also, y'know, take your pick... self-stagger, or self-damage.
If I had to pick, I'd take being knocked on my arse every time I lit off a rocket too close, over getting downed every time I blew something up.

Just now, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

I dont think that was a stagger, what Im trying to say is I think that sick backflip ya boi did was just the animation of going back after hitting the oh so deadly water

It literally was, landing in water does not make you do a backflip. I run profit taker every day, this stagger happens all time.

1 minute ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

There're these handy mods called Sure Footed and Primed Sure Footed, y'know? They reduce or outright negate pesky self-stagger when used... or you can mod the weapon in question to reduce self-stagger.

I mean, yeah, there're probably better uses of a polarized exilus slot... but for an explosives-happy Valkitty like myself, Primed Sure Footed is my second best friend, right behind my Kuva Ogris.

Ah yes, a whole mod slot just so I dont kill myself

Just now, Deevy said:

It literally was, landing in water does not make you do a backflip. I run profit taker every day, this stagger happens all time.

I didnt even see you shoot your amp but if so thats ridiculous.. it's a void laser why would it have self stagger especially when it's on a squishy a** emo kid

Just now, NinjaKitsune56 said:

Not saying you have to use them, just saying they're a thing.
Also, it's less you killing you, and more the enemy taking advantage of you being on the ground killing you.

Removing self stagger(not self dmg for aoe) would take nothing away from the game, doesnt do much or add anything, acceltra gets it

13 minutes ago, Melanholic7 said:

Why are you running towards your tonkor bullet, just because you won't die from it now? Treat stagger like you would self damage, avoid it at all costs, the benefit now is that you won't die cause someone got in the way of your shot or you screwed up.

The only dumb thing is adding stagger to weapons that didn't have self damage before

Amps having stagger is one of the worst things to happen to Operators. They already were weak, but adding stagger to the aoe amps was a bad idea because the aoe amps tended to not even be that good anyways. Some were for eidolons, but other than that they tended to be quite weak.

I guess we'll see what happens come Duviri

15 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

It always had self stagger. Ever since the self damage removal every amps alt fire has it.

Fixed that for you. It's unclear why the change occurred, seeing as how the amps never had self damage to begin with. One possibility is spaghetti code, and even though before DE could selectively set amps' AOE self damage to 0, when self damage went away DE couldn't selectively alter the fact that all AOE weapons had associated self stagger. They certainly weren't going to just admit their code was that terrible, so a silent "this is how it is now, live with it."

Another is that we suck and DE hates us. Flip a coin, really.

2 minutes ago, -Augustus- said:

Fixed that for you. It's unclear why the change occurred, seeing as how the amps never had self damage to begin with. One possibility is spaghetti code, and even though before DE could selectively set amps' AOE damage to 0, when self damage went away DE couldn't selectively alter the fact that all AOE weapons had associated self stagger. They certainly weren't going to just admit their code was that terrible, so a silent "this is how it is now, live with it."

No. Literally every weapon that is Aoe has self stagger including operator weapons. Since day one it has been like that. Don't #*!%ing lie into my face.

3 minutes ago, -Augustus- said:

Fixed that for you. It's unclear why the change occurred, seeing as how the amps never had self damage to begin with. One possibility is spaghetti code, and even though before DE could selectively set amps' AOE self damage to 0, when self damage went away DE couldn't selectively alter the fact that all AOE weapons had associated self stagger. They certainly weren't going to just admit their code was that terrible, so a silent "this is how it is now, live with it."

Shraksun had self-damage, I know that much. It detonated close enough that if you were moving forwards at the time, you got hit. Now it staggers you if you're moving forwards. ALL THE TIME.

Archived