Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

buff all archguns (atmospheric) to Mausolon level

MonsterOfMyOwn

Archgun in normal mission are kinda disappointing, the big umpf you'd expect from a big gun is not that impressive, appart from the Mausolon... and the ayanga kuva, but the ayanga kuva requires defeating a Liches, a good stat roll and 5 forma, compared to gun that is given for free once you craft your necramech.
Furthermore, alternate guns you can buy in Deimos are ... just worse.

I'm not asking to nerf the Mausolon, because the big guns gotta be big and in steel path he's OK, but still less efficient than a melee.

some examples :

• Cortege : buff grenades status chances up to 50% EDIT : it already has punchthrough
  • Corvas : add innate punchthrough of 1.5m on charged shots, buff damage to 600 / 1200 on charge
  • Cyngas : make it deal 40 impact / 40 puncture / 60 slash (instead of 40 slash), buff the crit chance to 30%
  • Dual Decurion : buff damage to 130 and critical hit damages to 35%
  • Dual Decurion Prisma : buff damage to 150 and critical hit damages to 40%
  • Fluctus : buff rof to 6, buff status chance to 30%, increase ammo to 200
  • Grattler : increase mag size to 32 and ammo cap to 240
  • Imperator : increase damage to 55
  • Imperator vandal : increase damage to 60
  • Ayanga Kuva : increase crit damage to 2.4, increase mag. size to 40, increase ammo cap to 200
  • Larkspur : increase rof to 15, increase mag size to 120, increase ammo cap to 600, increase charged attack crit chance to 40% EDIT : remove punchthrough from charged shot.
  • Morgha : boost grenade damage to 200, increase ammo cap
  • Phaedra : increase crit chance to 20%, increase mag size to 300, increase ammo cap to 1200
  • Velocitus : increase ammo cap to 120, reduce charge time to 0.5s

And as far as ammo economy is concerned, it would be a straight x2 or even x3 ammo pool in some cases

Most likely scenario? Buff all other archguns just a very small, barely noticeable amount, drop the mighty nerf mjolnir on mausolon. Probably on Imperator Vandal too, which is also a great AG.

And watch the graph next stream with their lines suddenly crashing overnight, while Corvas becomes the new absolute god meta.

26 minutes ago, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

Larkspur : increase rof to 15, increase mag size to 120, increase ammo cap to 600, increase charged attack crit chance to 40%

And get rid of the punchthrough on the blob shot. I'm fed up with shooting through dropships unless I can somehow tag them on a very specific part of the "prongs" to make the projectile detonate.

EDIT: and also make the bullet weapons more visually impressive. Something like the Grineer usable turrets (ramparts?). If someone's firing a vehicle-mounted minigun, I expect to see a gigantic stream of tracer fire from a hundred metres away. As it is now, I can't even tell if someone else is firing their Imperator if they're 10 m distant. There's almost no muzzle flash and the tracers are tiny little things.

Il y a 7 heures, DoomFruit a dit :

And get rid of the punchthrough on the blob shot. I'm fed up with shooting through dropships unless I can somehow tag them on a very specific part of the "prongs" to make the projectile detonate.

EDIT: and also make the bullet weapons more visually impressive. Something like the Grineer usable turrets (ramparts?). If someone's firing a vehicle-mounted minigun, I expect to see a gigantic stream of tracer fire from a hundred metres away. As it is now, I can't even tell if someone else is firing their Imperator if they're 10 m distant. There's almost no muzzle flash and the tracers are tiny little things.

Also this.

punchthrough is a straight nerf to AoE, it's kinda lame.

il y a 20 minutes, (PSN)Hikuro-93 a dit :

Most likely scenario? Buff all other archguns just a very small, barely noticeable amount, drop the mighty nerf mjolnir on mausolon. Probably on Imperator Vandal too, which is also a great AG.

And watch the graph next stream with their lines suddenly crashing overnight, while Corvas becomes the new absolute god meta.

I hope not, the profit taker shouldn't be an excuse to nerf atmospheric guns, and as they have a lot of limitations (no melee or side guns, limited ammo), it have to be BIG guns

Remark, if you had to nerf the Mausolon down to other archgun levels :
reduce rof down to 7, reduce mag to 120, reduce max ammo to 360, reduce reload speed to 3.5, and reduce grenade damage to 2500

This way it would share the same DPS as a grattler (slightly lower than imperator vandal) with auto shots and the grenade would be more in line with others

Usually I really hate the "no nerf X buff everything else to X level" kind of thinking. It is exactly what led Warframe down this path of ludicrous power creep.  

But... in the case or Archguns, I do agree. Honestly for being "Heavy Weapon" with cooldown for deployment (which can be negated by ammo pickup), Archguns are kinda pathetic. Outside of the Mausolon they don't seem to be doing anywhere near enough damage to justify the downsides. During Orphix Venom my Fluctus stops doing any damage once the enemies scale pass lvl 60. Mausolon is like the only Archgun that feels at an appripriate power level.  

So I agree, all the other Archguns outside of the Mausolon needs buff. They all need major damage buff. As for the mausolon... well a small nerf to its ammo economy would be good, if that is deemed necessary. I just feel like Im able to fire the weapon forever as its ammo bank is absolutely massive.  

10 hours ago, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

Cortege : add innate punchthrough of 1.5m, buff grenades status chances up to 50%

Just saying, punchthrough on the regular fire would not be good. It is not an ignis type flame thrower. The AOE effect occurs when it hits a surface/enemy. Punchthrough would cause this to bypass enemies (look at opticor with punchthrough added).

I'd say the one real change that is needed for Cortege is the cooldown on using it after firing the secondary NEEDS TO GO AWAY. This is absolutely stupid.

• Ayanga Kuva : increase crit damage to 2.4, increase mag. size to 40, increase ammo cap to 200

Also... what is the logic of this? Kuva Ayanga is already better than the mausolon.. why would it get boosted?

• Fluctus : buff rof to 6, buff status chance to 30%, increase ammo to 200

Again... Why buff one of the best weapons? Fluctus is also better than Mausolon. There is a reason this thing is the meta for all railjack missions. Having said that... what is the logic of boosting the status chance? The thing is not a status applicator weapon it is a high burst damage weapon. Status is useful on high ROF weapons with low burst damage potential, or in the case of melee, hybrid potential with condition overload. 

The fluctus buff just seems like a "well... I am buffing all the other weapons so I might as well add some random stats to this one to make it better". 

Edit: I should add that I understand the DPS potential of Fluctus is not as high but the UTITLITY of Fluctus is unparalleled. 

IMO Mausolon isn't the best weapon. In order I'd go:

Kuva Ayanga
Grattler
Fluctus
Vectis (VS Profit Taker and Eidolon)
Mausolon
Velocitus else

I gotta checkabout the Cortege not benefiting from punchthrough, this is bad tbh.
About the fluctus, as it's not a damage dealer, let it spam status instead. (and yes I know that it's convenient against orphix)

Against a single target the Mausolon has a better sustained DPS even with a +60% bonus on the ayanga. Against a crowd the ayanga is arguably better (but even then the mausolon AoE is huge) but as it's a Kuva weapon, it has to be better than a default weapon

To think i used both Larkspur and Cortege in Steel Path without knowing they were this bad ...

Well, in fact these two are quite good. They are great as status weapons (i used toxic for larkspur and heat for cortege) and for room cleaning. They are far better than the mausolon as that ... Massives AOE, little aiming required.

I don't play much the other archguns, but when i see "buff the phaedra's crit damage", i think: you missed the point. Phaedra is a status weapon, it has always been. And statuses are great since they reworked them. Not all weapons should be build crit and compared by their single target DPS.

EDIT: well, some weapons could still do with either a buff, or at least some changes. Larkspur has the cons of having both a status mode and a crit mode, like many other weapons. Cortege alt disables the weapon's main fire for far too long. And overall, this mechanic of charging an alt fire by killing is, well, not that good. Grattler is overshadowed by the mausolon, velocitus has always be a pretty bad weapon (not being hitscan on a railgun while the velocitus is ? Massive recoil on atmo while it is already a bad weapon ? Less damage than about every sniper rifle ?) ...

Il y a 12 heures, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom a dit :

Except it out damages every sniper in the game without extreme combo building. Turns out 1600 base damage with 60% crit chance and 3.6x crit dam goes a long way.

As an atmospheric heavy weapon, it is not hitscan, so you're likely to miss the shot. It has a huge recoil which makes you lose focus, so you can't fire consecutive shots at the same targets without re-aiming first. So many sniper rifles will just outperform the velocitus, simply because you will shot faster, with better accuracy. No need to use an "extreme combo building". It's not about raw damage, it's about efficiency. Beside, even if you hit, you're more likely to waste your damage on overkill. No need to do 100K per shot if the targets have 5K HP.

The velocitus was flawed from the start, when they made it non hitscan while the imperator was hitscan, despite having a visible projectile :s A non hitscan weapon with a slow fire rate, no AOE, it is quite lacking as an archgun. Now it could have been average as an atmospheric weapon if it didnt had that damn recoil. But as it is, it is outperformed by many others who have a better DPS (like mausolon) or AOE potential (like larkspur, ayanga ...)

24 minutes ago, Nenyx said:

As an atmospheric heavy weapon, it is not hitscan, so you're likely to miss the shot.

It's very fast, faster than most (all?) primary and secondary projectiles. If you're missing shots, it's not because it's a projectile usually.

24 minutes ago, Nenyx said:

So many sniper rifles will just outperform the velocitus, simply because you will shot faster, with better accuracy. No need to use an "extreme combo building". It's not about raw damage, it's about efficiency.

Your point was about it having less damage than sniper rifles, which is not true.

Le 03/04/2021 à 18:09, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom a dit :

Your point was about it having less damage than sniper rifles, which is not true.

One real difference that has not been said yet is that primary snipers (greatly) benefit from hunter munitions, and the velocitus won't proc much slash.

Another thing that must be highlighted is that if they reduce the gap between melee ands guns, mostly buffing guns (that's what they said), they have to also buff archguns.

Le 02/04/2021 à 23:39, Nenyx a dit :

To think i used both Larkspur and Cortege in Steel Path without knowing they were this bad ...

Cortege is a bigger ignis wraith, and it's viable on steel path, Larkspur is still playable but (after a few benchamrks) it's worse than a nukor kuva

Edit : I tried Velocitus, Mausolon grenades, Morgha grenades, Cortege grenade with Ivara with navigator, Velocitus projectile is too fast, Mausolon grenade is not a projectile, Cortege allow you to controle 1 grenade for 1 hit (the other grenades hit the ground), but the Morgha allow you to control indefinitely the grenade 😎

Archived