Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tempestari quest question (spoilers!)

quxier

Question

15 answers to this question

From what I understood, it's a rogue ship that just flew around killing everything in sight, this also includes us at the beginning.

We are absolutely the bad guys in this quest, we side with something that has killed many innocents while it was on an endless mission it couldn't complete, when it was finally stopped by one of its victims, we attack them and then use the tempestari to send said victim into the void (which would've usually been a pretty gruesome death, but they lucked out instead).

All for completing the mission of some killer machine, that ends up suiciding right after, but hey, they paid us with some pretty sweet bling.

19 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

but they lucked out instead

A bit off topic, but I'm not too certain it is luck, the whole ship is filled with granum gateways, that's the quickest escape possible.

21 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

We are absolutely the bad guys in this quest, we side with something that has killed many innocents while it was on an endless mission it couldn't complete, when it was finally stopped by one of its victims, we attack them and then use the tempestari to send said victim into the void (which would've usually been a pretty gruesome death, but they lucked out instead).

Yep, disappointed by the actions we were forced into.

8 minutes ago, PhiThagRaid said:

Yep, disappointed by the actions we were forced into.

Well I mean, the Tenno are generally NOT the good guys, no one really is. We blindly follow our enigmatic space mom commiting mass genocide without reason. The Tenno doing something morally grey or even blatantly evil shouldn't be surprising in the slightest.

Well after reading the transcript and everything all I see is that the ship is a rescue ship that saved over 2000 people. The attack on Vala was likely part of a rescue attempt to save people from slavery from the Corpus. During the Tempestarii's final mission they didn't withdraw when called back because they wanted to complete the rescue mission and then was lost to the void. In the quest you complete the final rescue mission and then Sevagoth is released.

At no point did I see Vala as a good person (she even calls herself a monster) and at no point did I see the Tempestarii as the bad party. 

I mean "boohoo you killed my sisters". Maybe you should stop enslaving people and taking their body parts.

27 minutes ago, Xenotater said:

Well I mean, the Tenno are generally NOT the good guys, no one really is. We blindly follow our enigmatic space mom commiting mass genocide without reason. The Tenno doing something morally grey or even blatantly evil shouldn't be surprising in the slightest.

Indeed, if we were to judge based on the actions of the rest of the game, however that is due to how there needs to be conflict for there to be gameplay. This however is a scripted quest event where you can fly to the other side of the map shoot in the wrong direction and the weapon will still hit the corpus ship. 

Having the rocket hit them does not contribute to gameplay, but is obviously giving the corpus more of a reason to hate us.

Given how nodes on a map can be infinitely repeated I do not consider things happening in them to be lore/story, but this is a set event in the timeline. I don't think in any other quest have we been forced to destroy so much for no reason.

48 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

From what I understood, it's a rogue ship that just flew around killing everything in sight, this also includes us at the beginning.

But Tempestari only attacked when we said we are "golden masters" (aka Orokin).

9 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Well after reading the transcript and everything all I see is that the ship is a rescue ship that saved over 2000 people. The attack on Vala was likely part of a rescue attempt to save people from slavery from the Corpus. During the Tempestarii's final mission they didn't withdraw when called back because they wanted to complete the rescue mission and then was lost to the void. In the quest you complete the final rescue mission and then Sevagoth is released.

At no point did I see Vala as a good person (she even calls herself a monster) and at no point did I see the Tempestarii as the bad party. 

I mean "boohoo you killed my sisters". Maybe you should stop enslaving people and taking their body parts.

Although not directly said it make sense as Corpus are greedy.

34 minutes ago, quxier said:

Sevagoth ordered his Shadow to find and rescue him, even though Sevagoth himself is already dead by the time we find his body. If it isn't Sevagoth, the Shadow would be hostile. The only exception is that Cy appeased the Shadow by stating they were in need of rescuing as well, hence "lost souls". He in turn convinces the Shadow that they were safe after convincing the Shadow in need of rescue.

41 minutes ago, quxier said:

Although not directly said it make sense as Corpus are greedy

That mainly applies to the Corpus under the command of Nef Anyo and the current Board of Directors. Granum values self-reliance above all else, especially greed. The latter is what he associated with sloth. He likely plans to employ Vala to help restructure the Corpus, while testing the Tenno through the Corpus Queenpins.

1 hour ago, 16Bitman said:

All for completing the mission of some killer machine, that ends up suiciding right after, but hey, they paid us with some pretty sweet bling.

It's an oversimplification of events, but yes. 

As mentioned, the Tempestarii attacked us when we made mention of the Orokin. Cy also mentions that Lucretia Platform experienced an incursion in the past but makes no mention of the Tempestarii (if it were just one ship attacking it, Cy may have mentioned that or known what ship it was?). 

I have a few theories. The Orokin thing, plus the fact that the Corpus have been trying to cement themselves as the successors of the Orokin and will gladly snap up any Orokin tech they find, such as a Railjack, makes me think that perhaps the ship misidentified Lucretia Platform as Orokin or maybe the Corpus were trying to capture it because of its nature as a railjack? Alternatively, the mention of an incursion by Cy makes me think that perhaps the Tempestarii participated in an attack, but its nature as a ghost ship made it more prominent and elusive? Something more likely to stick in the mind of a survivor. 

On 2021-04-15 at 1:15 AM, Duality52 said:

That mainly applies to the Corpus under the command of Nef Anyo and the current Board of Directors. Granum values self-reliance above all else, especially greed. The latter is what he associated with sloth. He likely plans to employ Vala to help restructure the Corpus, while testing the Tenno through the Corpus Queenpins.

But the "Nef's guys" are not saint as well. They are ok if you steal the Granum coin from them when (potentially) killing them. I don't see how it differs from other Corpus.

On 2021-04-15 at 12:47 AM, quxier said:

Why Tempestari destroyed/killed Vala's "friends'?

Cuz we're murders who don't care about the consequences of our action, because we can just destroy said consequences, so basically the system aka the universe is Japan and the tenno is Godzilla but no nuclear message.

1 hour ago, (PSN)adachi_2 said:

Cuz we're murders who don't care about the consequences of our action, because we can just destroy said consequences, so basically the system aka the universe is Japan and the tenno is Godzilla but no nuclear message.

That's not true.

On 2021-04-14 at 1:47 PM, quxier said:

Why Tempestari destroyed/killed Vala's "friends'?

The Tempestarii is hostile to vessels it doesn't recognise as friendly. Additionally, the Corpus are going to shoot at an unknown ship that approaches their platform. This would prompt the Tempestarii to fight back.

Alternatively, it's possible the Tempestarii didn't destroy Lucretia Platform at all. Cephalon Cy says it was built in a dangerous area that constantly exhibited Void storms. It's possible a Void storm destroyed the platform and the Tempestarii was simply present at the time, and Vala (the only witness) misconstrued the situation.

On 2021-04-14 at 2:53 PM, Xenotater said:

Well I mean, the Tenno are generally NOT the good guys, no one really is.

While this may have been a possible viewpoint early in Warframe's history, it's not really the case anymore. Look at the conversations at the end of The Second Dream, which explicitly outlines the Tenno character's values and morals. None of the possible choices indicate a negative moral alignment.

On 2021-04-14 at 3:18 PM, RazerXPrime said:

The attack on Vala was likely part of a rescue attempt to save people from slavery from the Corpus. During the Tempestarii's final mission they didn't withdraw when called back because they wanted to complete the rescue mission and then was lost to the void.

The attack on Vala was probably a misunderstanding of some kind, as I outline above. The Tempestarii (during the quest) was helmed by Sevagoth's Shadow, who is looking for Sevagoth himself. He's not really trying to rescue people from slavery; I highly doubt the Shadow has the ability to find out that there were people enslaved on that platform anyway.

On 2021-04-14 at 3:32 PM, quxier said:

The Tempestarii attacked when we failed its IFF (interrogate friendly or foe). It's not the answer specifically that caused it to attack us; it's the fact that it wasn't the correct answer. It would have attacked us if we had said "pumpkin pie".

On 2021-04-14 at 4:15 PM, Duality52 said:

Just because Parvos doesn't see eye to eye with the other Corpus leaders doesn't mean he's a good guy.

Look at his teachings: his Tenets say "Be envious. Covet. Then, take what you desire." even if it belongs to someone else. Look at his actions: he destroyed an entire assault team of warframes sent to apprehend him. He tries to trap you in the Granum Void to die. He's ruthless, ambitious, manipulative, and intelligent, which makes him very dangerous. He might align with you while there's a common goal and shared enemy, but he'll also use that time to manoeuvre himself into a position to take you out when you're no longer needed. He should not be underestimated.

On 2021-04-14 at 4:23 PM, KCToxic said:

the mention of an incursion by Cy makes me think that perhaps the Tempestarii participated in an attack, but its nature as a ghost ship made it more prominent and elusive?

The "incursion" is the platform itself. The area is dangerous. The Corpus tried to go there anyway – the "incursion". They built Lucretia Platform, and then it was destroyed, because the area is dangerous. As I mentioned, the Tempestarii might not have had anything to do with it.

Archived