Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened to solo spawns in endless missions?

Evanescent

Title. 

Came back in the latest update and while grinding out survival I noticed that the spawnrate for solo has completely fallen through the floor. There are barely any enemies.

Is this a known issue? Has it been addressed?

Spawns have always been low for solo players in the regular star chart. At least for the 3 years I've been playing. Steel Path finally did this right and didn't hold back on spawns.

I can't say if there were differences from an update. If I do solo survival then I'm in Steel Path. No point in trying in regular missions now.

Also been on a mini break.  Went in to a SP kuva survival for the 30m NW challenge yesterday.  I can solo this ez-pz using my Ash, done it loads of times with no issues.

However, I was always, and I mean always, struggling for life support.   Never used to be an issue with the increased enemy density but I was constantly running dangerously low, like sub 20%, yesterday.

Might just be one of those things, maybe I was just getting unlucky, but something felt off compared to 2-3 months ago.   Enemy density felt exactly the same though.

4 hours ago, HoustonDragon said:

It definitely seemed like they nerfed the spawn rates awhile back. Used to be where Survival would feel like you were being overrun, now there's a lot of standing around waiting for mobs to spawn.

This is how I recall it as well. One of my first attempts at a long run was an hour Survival on the old Corpus ships and it seemed like things spawned very regularly.

1 hour ago, Alpheus said:

This is how I recall it as well. One of my first attempts at a long run was an hour Survival on the old Corpus ships and it seemed like things spawned very regularly.

Been playing for 6 years. There have been no notable changes to enemy spawn rates.

What can happen is you get a tileset where enemies spawn in non-ideal locations. Also if you try to camp a specific location without access to enough adjacent rooms you can slow the rate of enemy spawning. The maps are comprised of tiles that are randomly arranged. Each one of these tiles can spawn enemies relative to its position/distance from the player. If you are, for example, at the end of a long tunnel, the game will only be able to spawn enemies in the room adjacent to the tunnel.

However, if you are in a small dead end that is connected to a room with multiple adjacent rooms/paths, then the enemies are able to spawn more consistently. The game won't just spawn 50 units in one location, they spread out over multiple spawn regions so if you limit the number of available spawn regions you will reduce the capability for enemy spawns to occur.

Some maps, like Sanctuary Onslaught, ignore these rules (enemies will spawn anywhere) but for most maps you need to intelligently position yourself if you're camping so as to not kill the spawns. Generally it is best practice to just hang out around life support because they are typically in areas that are expected to facilitate many enemy spawns (large open rooms with multiple adjacent tiles). 

36 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Been playing for 6 years. There have been no notable changes to enemy spawn rates.

What can happen is you get a tileset where enemies spawn in non-ideal locations. Also if you try to camp a specific location without access to enough adjacent rooms you can slow the rate of enemy spawning. The maps are comprised of tiles that are randomly arranged. Each one of these tiles can spawn enemies relative to its position/distance from the player. If you are, for example, at the end of a long tunnel, the game will only be able to spawn enemies in the room adjacent to the tunnel.

However, if you are in a small dead end that is connected to a room with multiple adjacent rooms/paths, then the enemies are able to spawn more consistently. The game won't just spawn 50 units in one location, they spread out over multiple spawn regions so if you limit the number of available spawn regions you will reduce the capability for enemy spawns to occur.

Some maps, like Sanctuary Onslaught, ignore these rules (enemies will spawn anywhere) but for most maps you need to intelligently position yourself if you're camping so as to not kill the spawns. Generally it is best practice to just hang out around life support because they are typically in areas that are expected to facilitate many enemy spawns (large open rooms with multiple adjacent tiles). 

I know how the spawns work. I suspect the primary reason spawns "felt" thicker back then is because newer players have less killing power and so new things would have more time to repopulate the area before you killed the survivors.

20 minutes ago, Alpheus said:

I know how the spawns work. I suspect the primary reason spawns "felt" thicker back then is because newer players have less killing power and so new things would have more time to repopulate the area before you killed the survivors.

Good point.

Archived