Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Literally my only concern about melee nerfs: weapon diversity

motorfirebox

Right now, you can be effective in the game with nearly any melee weapon. Some are better than others, but you can easily complete just about any mission with a dagger. If you tried brining a dagger into anything other than a stealth run with Covert Lethality in Melee 2.0, you'd have had a bad time. Now, though? Bring any weapon type you want, you'll be fine.

Losing this potential for diversity is the only thing I'm even the slightest bit concerned about with the coming melee nerfs. I really like having all those options.

7 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

Right now, you can be effective in the game with nearly any melee weapon. Some are better than others, but you can easily complete just about any mission with a dagger. If you tried brining a dagger into anything other than a stealth run with Covert Lethality in Melee 2.0, you'd have had a bad time. Now, though? Bring any weapon type you want, you'll be fine.

Losing this potential for diversity is the only thing I'm even the slightest bit concerned about with the coming melee nerfs. I really like having all those options.

Whole story made short

In the end you will only bring melees you have set in your loadouts even if someone is switching melees between missions get quickly bored of that find it time wasting and fast start using only loadouts
Which should have separate loadouts from general loadouts which would let as select warframe loadout separately from weapon loadouts like 2 layers of them 1 for warframe 1 for weapon

But with what we have now considering so many melees we have we still will stick to 2-5 melees which will very different from each other

I suppose that's a valid concern but it's pretty far from of the intended scope of the changes. Most of the nerfs that they've mentioned effect all melee fairly equally (removal of stacking multiple attack speed mods, stagger on every hit etc.)

2 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

We probably have 20 or more different weapon types but you don't really care about each category but things like damage, speed, range and good stance. This nerf probably won't change that.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb motorfirebox:

which nerf is it about? Heavy attack is still unaffected, isn't it? and gunblades are still doing 2-3 mil crits on SP non-stop.
I hate that mindless pounding, that's why I play like that. bunch of status procs and then good night refueled greener.

this mele hammering is only for fetish people or beginners who do not yet have usable weapons. aoe or chain beam weapons have a clear advantage when it comes to enemies lvl <100.
content for hardcore damage is still not there. if the fight lasts 2-3 seconds longer, then it doesn't matter in principle. especially in a group, you usually have very strong buffs and everything is down much too quickly for me to complain.

index.jpg

2 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

I suppose that's a valid concern but it's pretty far from of the intended scope of the changes. Most of the nerfs that they've mentioned effect all melee fairly equally (removal of stacking multiple attack speed mods, stagger on every hit etc.)

i wonder, stacking attack speed mods also include rivens and arcane strike? or just unable to equip quickening+berserker/ primed fury+berserker

All indications so far are they're staying away from individual weapon balancing, they're not addressing core issues with armor, status, most damage multipliers, etcetera...and there will be some melee nerfs.  If that's all the case, one of the following has to be true:

There will be less melee weapon diversity by and large.

-or-

The melee nerfs won't be in the least bit impactful.

To me it's almost  just a question of how bad the loss of diversity will be.    If  most <MR5 melee becomes unviable in the hardest content without extreme measures, that's a sacrifice...but not game breaking for me.  If some of my favorite medium or high MR melee  become 10x more difficult to use in the hardest content,  that's going to suck.   Most likely, I think, it will be somewhere between those extremes.

3 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

Thats really funny if you consider that on average its single daggers who have the worst finisher multiplier of all melee types. (2 ticks with 2x)
Only Valkyrs talons are as bad for stealth finishers as single daggers.(4x)

Covert Lethality only doubles finisher damage which brings single daggers on par with most other melees (8x) while hammers, heavy blades and scythes have the most finisher damage. (4x+8x, 12x in total)

The sad reality is that daggers are better for normal combat than for finisher since CL was killed by its nerf in U26.

If you want to play stealth then use hammers. They are better in every possible way and provide a lot of damage and CC in normal combat.
There is no "diversity" for daggers. They are trash and it really hurts that DE didn't bother to fix this mess. (*sad zaw dagger noises*)

Gerade eben schrieb DonGheddo:

Come back in 10 days and say i was right !

New serration mod : + 300% damage while not having a meele equipped :)   

even that is not worth it. kuva nukor is still overkill if you don't play SP all the time. and mele is only used against fat mobs. A little more damage doesn't really help if the gunblade does 2-3 mil with a heavy attack.
Much more needs to be done here.

Archived