Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery rank 8 is harder than it should be!

AntBurnt

30 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

You made it to mr 8 without understanding or using the most basic things about movement, I am concerned. Try including bullet jumps into your every day play.

There are mr30's now that have spend most of the game on hydron/eso and are completely useless.
Why are you surprised?

Hey there @AntBurnt, I'm going to come at this with a focus on compassion, but I'm also going to have some critical feedback that I hope you'll take in stride.  I want you to succeed and be happy!

On 2021-06-07 at 3:21 PM, AntBurnt said:

But on today's test (third attemp) I tried my best! (I practiced 10 times before, 12 with the previous failed attempts, even built a mod config just for bullet jumps, double jump, sprint speed and air gliding), but no, of course I failed it the third time, and not because it was hard of something, and because I was very excited or very nervous and my hands were shaking af

You're doing it right!  I remember getting to the point where I realized I needed to practice these tests before actually doing them, and that's what I've done ever since.  And it's also great that you made a loadout that specifically caters to what the test is asking of you.  Sorry that you ended up making a mistake and failing the test, but that's okay!  You'll get it soon enough.

You also have just a few lives (4 including 0 left) and due to a slip (caused by the inevitable handshake) you lose 1 whole perfect run (I literally fell off just before finish platform because my pinky hurts from holding shift and it wasn't able press ctrl in time).

I play on a console so I use a controller, but this sentence makes me think that you may need to adjust your key-bindings and mouse sensitivity.  Your pinky is not a strong finger, so I would caution against binding any functionality that you are frequently using to a button you need your pinky to press.  If this is hurting you now, it's also probably building up long-term damage that could lead to something like arthritis.  I really really recommend that you take some time to customize your key-binds so you can find a setup where you can play comfortably for your entire gaming session.  One other thing to consider is that you also might be pressing too hard, and if this is the case, remember that you only need to press hard enough so that the key stays down, and no harder.  Pressing harder will just put needless strain on your joints.

Why are failed attempts causing a 24h cooldown when it could be just a 30min one

This is a valid question.  Personally, I think that if the cooldown was lowered, it would encourage players to just keep trying and failing the challenge until they got lucky and beat it, as opposed to practicing until they feel like they're ready and then taking one truly meaningful attempt at a time.  I wouldn't want this to be the design for every challenge in the entire game, but for Mastery Tests (of which we'll only ever do 30 or so in all our years playing) I actually like it.  It certainly sucks if you make a mistake, but that's part of what these tests are about: not making serious mistakes.  Dwelling on the mistake will only bring you down, so instead you get back up, practice a bit more, get more comfortable with the challenge, and when the time comes, give it another go.  When you do beat it, you don't feel like you got lucky, you feel like you truly mastered it.

Why can't you boost up that time with plat? (It literally takes less time to get a tradeable item(s) worth above 20 platinum than waiting 24h)

Honestly, I'm already not a big fan of being able to pay platinum to rush crafted items, and I would definitely not be a fan of adding that same mechanic to mastery tests.  At present, the cooldown for mastery tests is meaningful.  To allow players to pay to skip it deprives it of its meaning and just makes it a pay-or-be-inconvenienced mechanic, which is something totally different.

Here in Europe is midnight and the Mastery Rank 8 test being the last thinh I did, my dissapointment is imesurable and my whole day is ruined.

I'm sorry, that's a sucky note to end your day on.  My own personal technique I use to avoid this is to simply not do things that have the potential to make me feel bad close to the time I'll go to bed.  If something involves the risk of failure that would disappoint me, I do it earlier in the day so that I have time to then do things I'll enjoy to recover some energy.  Plus right before bed your body and mind are really drained, and it can be harder to cope with things emotionally, so that's a good time to do things that are chill.

Hope this helps, and good luck on your next test attempt! <3

47 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

You made it to mr 8 without understanding or using the most basic things about movement, I am concerned. Try including bullet jumps into your every day play.

I'm just shy of MR24 and I avoid bullet jumping a lot because I have this uncanny ability to get stuck on literally everything. To the point of needing unstuck to get free XD

Most times it's fine but I've gotten stuck in so many random places it just makes me laugh now rather than get frustrated lol.

On a side note, I feel like Mod Capacity shouldn't be tied to MR levels. It drives people towards MR grinding because MR essentially = power for anything without a potato.

Which is probably why we have so many high MR players who barely understand the game XD

vor einer Stunde schrieb Reitrix:

I'm just shy of MR24 and I avoid bullet jumping a lot because I have this uncanny ability to get stuck on literally everything. To the point of needing unstuck to get free XD

Most times it's fine but I've gotten stuck in so many random places it just makes me laugh now rather than get frustrated lol.

On a side note, I feel like Mod Capacity shouldn't be tied to MR levels. It drives people towards MR grinding because MR essentially = power for anything without a potato.

Which is probably why we have so many high MR players who barely understand the game XD

What would you tie starting mod capacity to then?

3 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

What would you tie starting mod capacity to then?

Tie it to story quest progress. Such that by the time you unlock spoiler mode you have the max base mod capacity. 

Would leave MR as standings and trace gains but remove the actual raw power gain so people wouldn't feel so railroaded into raising it, let's it be raised more naturally. 

13 hours ago, Morteno said:

I too believe in mild mocking of those who are in need of some exercise and patience training, and definitely believe in not lowering the bar on the early MR exams. So, DE falling short and not telling them "NO!" it falls to the rest of us to throw some peer pressure on them. Carry on with some moderate bashing.

But sneaking does not really have anything to do with MR9. It is a cheese test, knowing how to bend and avoid the rules, including cheating the "intent", i.e. show that you have learned some things that are useful for spy missions - provided you understand the value of no-alarms drops.
MR19 is very similar (silent extermination) with the added goal of prisoner extraction. On that one it pays to note one of the wierdnesses of warframe graphics: the shadows of many things are visible through floors (including enemy units and breakables). That is, if you are on the floor below, you can see their shadow when looking up.

Is not bashing, mr9 and mr19 are bugged since Gauss introduction, the enemy spots you in weird situations and since then became a gear check instead a test like every other one that relies on ability and understanding the basics of the game, like mr8 wich is just basic warframe parkour.

When I did the test for my MR was just a regular stealth mission, tried again after reading a lot of complaints here and region chat and turns out you need to cheese it with some gear or specific frames to being able to do it or taking a lot of time on learning enemy patterns and timing correctly, wich wasn't the case in the past.

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

Is not bashing, mr9 and mr19 are bugged since Gauss introduction, the enemy spots you in weird situations and since then became a gear check instead a test like every other one that relies on ability and understanding the basics of the game, like mr8 wich is just basic warframe parkour.

When I did the test for my MR was just a regular stealth mission, tried again after reading a lot of complaints here and region chat and turns out you need to cheese it with some gear or specific frames to being able to do it or taking a lot of time on learning enemy patterns and timing correctly, wich wasn't the case in the past.

It's not a gear test you can use any frame and weapon to complete them. 

On 2021-06-07 at 6:21 PM, AntBurnt said:

I know that by writing here on this subject qualifies me as professional noob and I fully agree with that.

This week I finally unlocked the Mastery Rank 8 test and by today's try I failed it for the third time. I failed the first 2 attempts because I didn't practiced at all, I just jumped into it with no ideea of what I'm doing. But on today's test (third attemp) I tried my best! (I practiced 10 times before, 12 with the previous failed attempts, even built a mod config just for bullet jumps, double jump, sprint speed and air gliding), but no, of course I failed it the third time, and not because it was hard of something, and because I was very excited or very nervous and my hands were shaking af

And why? you may be asking, the reason is simple, you have to grind useless weapons in onslaught or hydron untill you get crazy in order to get a mastery rank (unlocked). You also have just a few lives (4 including 0 left) and due to a slip (caused by the inevitable handshake) you lose 1 whole perfect run (I literally fell off just before finish platform because my pinky hurts from holding shift and it wasn't able press ctrl in time). I have many ideeas about this subject and would feel great just if DE takes a fast look.

Why are failed attempts causing a 24h cooldown when it could be just a 30min one (enough time to EXERCISE, said very harshly not even by Lotus itself, but by her uncharming oridis purple replica). Why can't you have more lives than 4? (It could by a thing like more revives during missions or a operator mod or something, Imagine having 9 lives, something that would sound like: Kavat lives, or something (and if you fail 10 consecutive times it would really be needed (and understand) the role of a 24h cooldown.

Why can't you boost up that time with plat? (It literally takes less time to get a tradeable item(s) worth above 20 platinum than waiting 24h) Think DE, think... GROFIT!!! (Yes, I just gave a meaning to gross profit). Idk what I'm saying anyway, my hands are still shaking even after 20 minutes from the failed attempt.

Here in Europe is midnight and the Mastery Rank 8 test being the last thinh I did, my dissapointment is imesurable and my whole day is ruined. Hope you found this article entertaining due to the exagerated effort put into it for such a small reason.

What in Teshin's swords are you doing wasting time on Hydron especially at your MR, instead of playing the game? 

I blame YouTube.

Anyways, stop blaming the test or the 24 hour restriction.

You are given the option to practice the test infinite times before you try to qualify for real and risk a 24 hour lockout.

So practice until you are truly confident. 

If you cannot handle the parkour required to pass the level 8 Mastery Test, you are not ready to pass onto the next mastery rank, and you will have a devil of a time getting through the rest of the game. 

Take your time, learn your parkour skills, take advantage of your option to practice infinitely before you try to qualify and improve your parkour skills. 

You will need them. Stop trying to do everything all at once and stop and smell the roses. You don't need to blitz through MR's using Hydron. You are ruining your own game experience and making it harder for you to progress properly.

Also, what a sad misuse of a Reviewbrah meme; shame. 

Taxii'ng is a cancer on the body of Warframe and should be removed entirely from the game. If it was taken away, maybe so many new players wouldn't learn to play wrong on Hydron all day early on. 

1 hour ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

It's not a gear test you can use any frame and weapon to complete them. 

2 hours ago, vanaukas said:

d turns out you need to cheese it with some gear or specific frames to being able to do it or taking a lot of time on learning enemy patterns and timing correctly, wich wasn't the case in the past.

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Ehh I guess that's fair. I wouldn't say you need much time though, if anything you just equip an enemy detection mod and watch which way the red triangle is facing which comes down to game knowledge.

it doesn't help IIRC unless the devs fixed it, at the time I've tried (1 or 2 years ago) some enemies spotted you even behind pillars and if you were using altitude you would get unconsistent results (sometimes worked out fine, sometimes not). I've stopped caring about it so never tried again, so I honestly don't know if it was fixed, I hope so.

2 hours ago, vanaukas said:

it doesn't help IIRC unless the devs fixed it, at the time I've tried (1 or 2 years ago) some enemies spotted you even behind pillars and if you were using altitude you would get unconsistent results (sometimes worked out fine, sometimes not). I've stopped caring about it so never tried again, so I honestly don't know if it was fixed, I hope so.

Oh yeh it's not fixed mate ever since that Gauss update that increased Grineer awareness range. I ended up making a tutorial for new players attempting it after studying the scripted enemy movement and mapping out a route through them. DE never fix their bugs lol.

Archived