Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Soaktron Skin should be applied to more Primary Weapons

(PSN)fuzz642

12 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Yes it does. As does the Oscira set

Well that’s nice. A better looking skin for the candy cane / walking cane gun is always appreciated. Tried the Oscira Rifle skin and the holster sits way to high on the back. Looks goofy. Guess I’ll be soaking grineer to pick that skin up.   

edit: nvm for 490 pearls nah I’m good. 

16 hours ago, GentlePuppet said:

This is Not Entirely True Marcus.

The following bullet shooting rifles can not use the skin. 
   The Rubico
   The Vectis
   The Snipetron

However, some non bullet weapons like the Hema and the Chakkhurr can use the skin.

There appears to be no rhyme or reason for what weapons can and can't use it.

Maybe list what weapons skins can be used on somewhere in the UI when you hover over skins. Maybe in a separate {TAB}page on the weapon. So people are fully aware and can check if they want to buy a skin.

I think what's going on here is the fact that those guns are SNIPER category weapons, not plain old RIFLES. They also have scoped aiming and multiple zoom levels that kinda set them apart, where the Kuva Chak is kinda a big chonky latron with an explosive shot.. mechanically speaking.

On 2021-06-09 at 2:58 PM, [DE]Marcus said:

We want to clear up any potential confusion for Soaktron Rifle Skin compatibility. It’s true that not all rifles are built the same! Broadly speaking, the Skin is compatible with rifles that simply shoot bullets. This compatibility stems from internal back-end weapon types, weapon animations, and Skin complications with certain alt-fire modes affecting gun performance. 

This means any beam weapon, launcher, bow, shotgun, speargun, armcannon, crossbow or projectile based weapon is not compatible. Additionally, some alt-fire modes on these rifles will also make the skin incompatible with those weapons - similar to the Oscira Assault Rifle skin. 

The Soaktron skin will remain compatible with most assault rifles. Considering the vast amount the changes would affect internally - we do not have any current plans to overhaul the Soaktron Rifle Skin. 

Thank you for your understanding! 

so how is the game seeing the Argonak and Stradavar fire modes differently than the Tiberon? i mean the only difference off the top of my head is that the Tiberon's zoom level doesnt change at all whereas the other two have differing zoom levels? Is thats whats causing this problem for these specific examples or is there something else at work? It may not seem like that big of a deal but i spent the time playing to get the skin(I had to farm the full amount basically i had like 9 pearls) and I cant even use it on my 2nd most used weapon and most used rifle, if its not too much trouble a specific and detailed answer would be very much appreciated.

Archived