Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - The Soonening(TM)/Public Test Edition

Letter13

It was announced at tenno-con 2021 right? I remember when people were expecting it to come out by 2022 tenno-con... It wouldn't be that surprising for DE to announce something but then delay it forever cause of development issues cause they have a track record, but man I hope I'm not waiting for 2024 tenno-con for this feature...

6 hours ago, (PSN)XVI-SiXAXiS-VII said:

Hi So I've Been Playing since Warframe was available on PSN and I just recently upgraded my PC and I'm logged into my account on the website but when it won't let me sign in on the launcher?

Cross play is a thing, cross save is not (yet) so you cant move to another platform and keep your account.

Waiting for the cross-save to be implemented... Previously playing on pc... But finally gave up on pc... Im on console now... Playstation to be specific... It would be great to hear that cross-save from pc to playstation would be implemented as i am excited to play waframe again on my ps5.

I haven't played in like 2 years because I don't have a PS4 anymore and got a gaming PC. I want to play but I don't want to lose access to all my fun stuff. I'm to the point where I'd pay like 50 bucks to transfer my stuff to PC.

This game helped me get through cancer in 2016 so it holds a special place in my heart. Ready to play it again.

On 2023-04-27 at 8:51 PM, (PSN)strahdd said:

I haven't played in like 2 years because I don't have a PS4 anymore and got a gaming PC. I want to play but I don't want to lose access to all my fun stuff. I'm to the point where I'd pay like 50 bucks to transfer my stuff to PC.

This game helped me get through cancer in 2016 so it holds a special place in my heart. Ready to play it again.

wow i'm glad to hear you kicked cancers butt ^_^. And i agree with you, dunno if i'd pay 50, but i'd sure pay 20 for it at least.

They promised us “soon” but its already the middle of the year and they still wont give out an official release date

i refuse to play PC now because my PS5 has way more better graphics but i can’t transfer my account per DE rules 

now im stuck because that PC account has the most stuff on there and DE won’t budge just like any other company who dont put their players first and yeah DE is a company that thinks of themselves and money ever since that time were they had to sell out their company to a foreign company and we all know foreign companies prefer their money over players i even keep stating to these companies to make changes to draw in more players but they wont listen either out of stubbornness or the fact they’re foreigners and incapable of understanding, and im not just referring to the new DE im referring to all foreign companies but as i write this and you all see this i hope you can stand with me and get DE to move the Cross Save along faster

• Like 2

3 hours ago, (PSN)Valrado said:

I really want to play Warframe again, waiting for cross save to happen.

If you're stuck on a last-gen console, go into the graphics settings and turn everything off. Turn the resolution sacling down as far as you can before throwing up. Plug in your controller. This way you'll get a stable, smooth FPS, and probably less input lag. Also tune your stick dead zones to further compensate. (DE refuses to optimize, so you have to do it yourself)

56 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

If you're stuck on a last-gen console, go into the graphics settings and turn everything off. Turn the resolution sacling down as far as you can before throwing up. Plug in your controller. This way you'll get a stable, smooth FPS, and probably less input lag. Also tune your stick dead zones to further compensate. (DE refuses to optimize, so you have to do it yourself)

For some strange reason I've found the resolution scaling seems to have little to no effect on performance for my PS4 pro.

Tried playing the new update today on my last gen console and couldn’t even load in with a random squad Constant frame drops and stutter made it impossible to play solo. CROSS SAVE IS NEEDED. Any update on when the cross save update will be live would be great!!!

• Like 1

On 2023-05-08 at 8:16 PM, (PSN)FLAMESKEBABS said:

Tried playing the new update today on my last gen console and couldn’t even load in with a random squad Constant frame drops and stutter made it impossible to play solo. CROSS SAVE IS NEEDED. Any update on when the cross save update will be live would be great!!!

Old-gen cannot handle enhanced engine and DE don't seem to understand that it can't. Many of the players that are still on old-gen are waiting for cross-save.

12 hours ago, (PSN)SN-TrapGod said:

Old-gen cannot handle enhanced engine and DE don't seem to understand that it can't. Many of the players that are still on old-gen are waiting for cross-save.

"old gen"? Do you mean PS3? 
Because PS4 is still effectively a high qaulity 2080 with a good i8 processor. 
If your game has such high requirements that youre asking for a 3000 series and ryzen 6 just to be "able to play" youre... The problem and should probably stop complaining while youre ahead. 

Switch and mobile will be the low-spec devices that hold everyone else back, but PS4 and XBone are definitely not the bottleneck. To think they are shows incredible elitism... Or how out of touch someone is. 

11 hours ago, (PSN)ARC_Paroe said:

If your game has such high requirements that youre asking for a 3000 series and ryzen 6 just to be "able to play" youre... The problem and should probably stop complaining while youre ahead. 

Switch and mobile will be the low-spec devices that hold everyone else back, but PS4 and XBone are definitely not the bottleneck. To think they are shows incredible elitism... Or how out of touch someone is. 

I think part of the issue for me is the input lag which is very obvious is you go from PC to Xbox One. Then the FPS has issues, and part of it is something not Vram related, since it's still not fully stable after turning all the graphics settings down. 

On 2023-05-11 at 5:31 PM, (PSN)ARC_Paroe said:

it absolutely isn't, here's what the ps4 has on board:

• AMD 8-Core Jaguar CPU
  • 1.84 TFLOPS GPU.  (HD7870 Equivalent)
  • 8GB GDDR5
  • 500GB 5400rpm HDD

Here's the PC equivalent hardware:

• AMD FX-8350 or Intel i5 3570 CPU
  • AMD HD7870 or AMD R7 270 GPU
  • 8GB DDR3-2133
  • 500GB 5400rpm HDD

so yes, the xbone and ps4 are absolutely holding things back..at least the ps4 might be more than the xbox.

Main issue for me is the HDD, sony cheaped out on it so hard and it shows for many many games and during installs..

warframe in particular i'll get kicked back into the orbiter bc the ps4 loads so slowly compared to the other consoles and will time me out, it's pure pain.

Edited by (PSN)I-D-R-W

In 2020 I watched the tennocon stream and lost my mind when crossave and crossave was announced. 3 years later I've got a great pc but can't access the third of my life I sunk into that account. I love the game, I wouldn't be complaining if I didn't. But at the very least account migration or something needs to become a thing.

Crossplay is already a thing, even if not fully released yet. It allows for matchmaking, but is still lacking some features such as trading, friend requests, clans, etc.

Stay tuned for this month's devstream, likely on the last friday. Thet said last devstream that they'd have news by then.

• Like 1

Just came to see when I can come back to Warframe  (BECAUSE I REALLY WANT TO 😭😭😭).  I just will not ever start from scratch again. I have tried on Ps4-5 and the Switch. I missed ALL THE RAINBOW BRIDGES (😫🤡). So I just have to sit with the shame and pain until the cross save/progression option is a thing. I accept my fate.

On 2023-04-26 at 11:51 AM, Lichthammer said:

Waiting for the cross-save to be implemented... Previously playing on pc... But finally gave up on pc... Im on console now... Playstation to be specific... It would be great to hear that cross-save from pc to playstation would be implemented as i am excited to play waframe again on my ps5.

THIS !!!! ALL OF THE THIS ^^ add Switch for S&G's.

Edited by Nkomo-Sama