Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Deluxe final update colors and armor set looks( Jacket not removable )

(XBOX)C11H22O11

25 minutes ago, (PSN)ClockworkSiren said:

Asked Dani during Prime Time and she checked in the dev build for me.

She said it’s not an auxiliary 

So looks like it’s part of the skin. Unless something changes nearer release, were stuck with that jacket with no option to not have it so RIP fashion

Do you know when more or less it happened on the stream I didn't watch it today

I just don't get this skin. It should've also come with a rework as she's in dire need of some attention. Skin's ugly. One thing about this update:

Not a fan of some of the art. Don't like the skin, don't like the look of the new evolving weapons. Gyre looks decent. Her primary looks cool but who knows how good it will be. And I honestly don't understand why we need a social hub when Relays/Dojos exist. The apartment? Don't get either when I have one on my Orbiter already. 

I'm not that excited for this update. I'm skipping out on this Deluxe skin. Valkyre needs a rework badly.

16 hours ago, (PSN)ClockworkSiren said:

Asked Dani during Prime Time and she checked in the dev build for me.

She said it’s not an auxiliary 

So looks like it’s part of the skin. Unless something changes nearer release, were stuck with that jacket with no option to not have it so RIP fashion

Damn thats a massive dissapointment, the fact they wont recognise that people dont like the puffy jacket is gonna make them lose out on alot of money. I like the skin but i hate the jacket, valkyr for me have always been this sleek berserker, not a wannabe hildryn. It simply dont fit valkyr in the slightest but i guess ill stick to germini skin with bastet helmet.

4 hours ago, makaloff95 said:

Damn thats a massive dissapointment, the fact they wont recognise that people dont like the puffy jacket is gonna make them lose out on alot of money. I like the skin but i hate the jacket, valkyr for me have always been this sleek berserker, not a wannabe hildryn. It simply dont fit valkyr in the slightest but i guess ill stick to germini skin with bastet helmet.

Agreed. The fact that this thread has over 150 replies and 15k views with what I believe is a majority that dislike the puffy jaacket and would like the option to remove it has gotta tell you something

I have a friend who’s said they’ll gift me the bundle. But I think at most I’ll end up using the shoulder armour. Im also going to stick with Gersemi. Tbf might just tell him to save his plat. Because with the restriction and not being able to fashion properly. I think I’ll give this a miss.h

I think we can only hope that it’s either something to be added at the end or is a syandana or something. Im not a fan of being restricted to something that, in my personal opinion, ruins the look of the skin. Everything else looks great and I love it, but the pseudo massively muscled arms just don’t fit it. 

On 2022-04-14 at 7:27 PM, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim said:

And I honestly don't understand why we need a social hub when Relays/Dojos exist. The apartment? Don't get either when I have one on my Orbiter already.

I was exited at first because literally the only reason I could imagine why the player housing would exist would be to give all players access to the dojo decorating system. It's a very fun to mess around with and orbiter decorating pales in comparison to it (on top of requiring platinum for 90% of the decorations). But barely any players have access to it because you ether need to own your own clan or have permission to decorate from your clan leader which is a microscopic % of the playerbase.

But the devstream pretty much confirmed that it's going to be the same as orbiter decorations. and not only that but you can't place the same item in both spaces. So I see literally 0 point in this addition whatsoever. Similar to the void shell, it missed the whole point of players wanting it in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone that wanted the jacket off you ain't getting it, they didn't even make arms under the "jacket" that art Liger did without it was basically useless.

x0NNvbX.jpg

I'll post what the armor looks like not on her and which color changes what on the skin just have to wait for Xbox to upload every pic

ive been waiting for this skin for a while now and am honestly very disappointed. 
There is no resemblance in the arm to what the concept art for it showed.
In the art the arms looked super muscular but in-game they look like SpongeBob's inflatable arms.
i rly hope it is a possibility for them to overhaul it to make it more like the concept art.
same with the calves, in the art for it they look musculair bit in-game nothing to see.

1 hour ago, kiteboy239 said:

ive been waiting for this skin for a while now and am honestly very disappointed. 
There is no resemblance in the arm to what the concept art for it showed.
In the art the arms looked super muscular but in-game they look like SpongeBob's inflatable arms.
i rly hope it is a possibility for them to overhaul it to make it more like the concept art.
same with the calves, in the art for it they look musculair bit in-game nothing to see.

They did say from the start that it was a jacket, which is why people thought it might've been removable, especially with the concept art where it shows the arms under the jacket

Massive disappointment, when you compare it to the original concept art of its intended appearance, at least.
I didn't even mind the arms as much, and I can understand the idea and style, but not having an option to toggle it, or through some feature such as Hysteria for example, is highly disappointing. The version without the jacket looked very cool.  I suppose that could be too much work, now, but it would partly make sense.
Aside from that, and perhaps more importantly, some of its areas are very, very lacking and "flat" (not to mention all the clipping). I can also understand that it could be a rather challenging skin concept to translate into 3D, and perhaps there were limitations, but I am also fairly confident they can do better to say the least, and could have, considering examples of previous work.

Notice the amount of detail and depth in these selected parts for instance; the external abdominal oblique (along the waistline), as well as the whole hip and thigh area, especially the inner thighs, and the calves further down:
unknown.png

Then compare it to the actual, in-game 3D model's sculpting:
unknown.png
I would think that maybe it wasn't so possible for them to recreate that level of depth and detail around those parts that the initial concept has, but then I took another look at the Phryke Skin of Nidus (which happens to be my absolute favourite), and specifically the inner thigh area, so as to compare it to this.

I would say that model's sculpting in those parts alone looks much more in-depth and detailed:
Warframe.x64_2022-04-27_23-44-05.png

Also, really curious as to why they randomly decided to go with the spikes on the chest, out of nowhere:
unknown.png
Not that I mind them, but I do much prefer the original form.
Surely it wasn't some form of censoring, was it? Perhaps they thought it was too grotesque? I didn't really know what to think.

Additionally, another rather noticeable oddity is that the neck of the 3D model looks quite long.

All that said, I don't expect them or anyone to care about most or any of these things, let alone go back and make changes to it, especially seeing as this could potentially be considered as paying too much attention to detail.
Well, I had contemplated for a long time whether one should even bother expressing such things, and we already knew what the skin would look like this in-game, based on previews from their streams, which is when I had noticed all this already. I even really considered asking Liger what their thoughts on the end result were, and whether they were happy with how it turned out.

Anyway, all in all, I am just a bit frustrated from the disappointment, mainly due to being confident that it could have been better, but by no means is all of the above a "big deal" or anything, but I do hope those points and observations make sense.
Just my two pennies' worth.

looking at the noble animations it seems like the jacket is supposed to be removable, single sidearm has the arm clipping into the chest, and the primary rifle animation has the arm clipping into itself, other weapons seem fine at a glance, honestly I'd be happy with just base valkyr arms under the jacket if it was removable or if it squished into itself like cloth on syandanas, most shoulder pads look bad on her jacket, and I haven't had to to much luck with syandanas either, talons still seem to have the wrist effect that valkyr prime has, in addition to the claws, nothing on the large raptor claw on her foot, haven't noticed any other effects that might look different if there are any, overall, I like the skin, but it seems like its not finished in my opinion, hope it gets a little more love before they forget about it.

what an absolute shame, truly. i was looking forward to buy the skin beacuse i found it awesome (aside from the jacket). Its been years since valkyr got a deluxe and then it ends up like this, cant say anything else that im greatly dissapointed. It was the same with Zephyrs deluxe skin, massive jacket and a bloody flighter jet look.

Makes me a bit nervous for the future of deluxes, beacuse valkyrs deluxe is something i thought would be on hildryn. Not to mention DE is losing out alot of plat sales for this since i think alot of us would love to buy the skin if we could remove the jacket and yet they went with the ugly jacket not being toggable.

1 hour ago, makaloff95 said:

true, but zephyr i can atleast tolerate, even if its pretty bad. valkyrs skin would be top notch if it werent for the disastrous arms

I think the worst part about this whole debacle is that the devs said on a stream at some point after it was announced that the jacket would be an auxiliary.

they could have even made it a removable Syandana like the Revenant Mephisto skin and Hydroid Rakkam skin. 

maybe if they see that the majority want it removed they might, possibly go and change it and actually model arms. But I’m not going to hold out too much hope. It’s a real shame. Wouldn’t happily bought this myself if they stuck to what they said.

3 hours ago, (PSN)ClockworkSiren said:

I think the worst part about this whole debacle is that the devs said on a stream at some point after it was announced that the jacket would be an auxiliary.

they could have even made it a removable Syandana like the Revenant Mephisto skin and Hydroid Rakkam skin. 

maybe if they see that the majority want it removed they might, possibly go and change it and actually model arms. But I’m not going to hold out too much hope. It’s a real shame. Wouldn’t happily bought this myself if they stuck to what they said.

yea its a shame for sure and i still hope they will make it auxilary. maybe they didnt have the time to model the arms before pushing the patch out?

2 minutes ago, makaloff95 said:

yea its a shame for sure and i still hope they will make it auxilary. maybe they didnt have the time to model the arms before pushing the patch out?

I think that’s very optimistic considering they haven’t said a thing about it, nor have they acknowledged the fact they said it would be an auxiliary.

maybe they will in the near future? I think that they know that a lot of folks don’t like it. I just wish they’d tell us what happened and if we’re going to get it as a toggleable thing.

1 minute ago, (PSN)ClockworkSiren said:

I think that’s very optimistic considering they haven’t said a thing about it, nor have they acknowledged the fact they said it would be an auxiliary.

maybe they will in the near future? I think that they know that a lot of folks don’t like it. I just wish they’d tell us what happened and if we’re going to get it as a toggleable thing.

yea and not only does people dislike it, they are loosing money on it too due people not buying it (like me for example). i might be dumb to hope for a toggable option but we cant do more than voice our displeasure with it. I would be 100% fine with the skin if the arms was toggable and it boggles my mind why they didnt include it as a toggable option when they stated it would be a auxilary item and the fact that there is concept art which shows her "real" arms so to speak.

Time will tell, hopefully we might even get a answer from DE about it since i dont think people will stop talking about this.

Archived