Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How many people actually bought Veiled Kitgun Riven from Flat-Top this week?

(PSN)haphazardlynamed

DE: I know you have the numbers, and they must to disproportionately low compared to when he offers Shotgun/Melee/Rifle/Pistol

Maybe its time to take note of that?

and remove Kitgun Rivens from all the loot pools?

Stick them with Cephalon Simaris alongside the equally hated Companion Rivens. -same argument and reasoning: major disappointments when you do a Sortie and they drop.

Couldn't actually agree more, but then there are some "BUT MIH NEEDZ RIVUN" people having less than 20 and whining about these kind of changes.

It is not impossible to actually program a stored procedure and a table for those who already own the 75% of their current available riven capacity and adding them to a table, which will result into letting those players have a reduced riven drop rate or removing the item entirely only for them and also adjusting matchmaking for those isn't a problem either, if DE did program their server modules correctly.

But well, that is just a wish thinking as DE will, as always, take couple of years to even notice something.

UI custom colors took more than 6 years, an alternative overlay map is not even in question (posted a thread about it back in 2019) and god knows how long it would take them to actually notice these kind of threads where "they could lose platinum", since you have to buy either slots if you are not the guy of selling/destroying riven mods / the other guys need plat to buy respective rivens from another player.

I think the kitgun rivens really need to be added to the rifle and pistol drop pools - there are 4 kitguns, and 200 rifle ones. That's nuts when you're looking at the drop rates to get something useful.

At the very least, put all the "modular" weapon parts into a single group and select from that, Maybe then you can hand out more ordinary rivens and we'll see less modular rivens appear, as it should be if the number of items inside them are reflected appropriately.

8 minutes ago, gbjbaanb said:

I think the kitgun rivens really need to be added to the rifle and pistol drop pools - there are 4 kitguns, and 200 rifle ones. That's nuts when you're looking at the drop rates to get something useful.

At the very least, put all the "modular" weapon parts into a single group and select from that, Maybe then you can hand out more ordinary rivens and we'll see less modular rivens appear, as it should be if the number of items inside them are reflected appropriately.

They were placed within their own rivens on purpose. However, kitguns should've simply never have had rivens, they only thing it brought was OP kitguns that HAD to be nerfed to be balanced out again.

5 minutes ago, Quimoth said:

They were placed within their own rivens on purpose

Yes, because you can build rifle or pistol from them, they couldn't be put in the normal riven groups. Hence I suggested rolling all zaw, hound, and whatever other module weapons into their own category. No rivens for kitguns and zaws at all - kinda makes sense as they have all those special arcanes instead, but its too late now.

1 minute ago, gbjbaanb said:

Yes, because you can build rifle or pistol from them, they couldn't be put in the normal riven groups. Hence I suggested rolling all zaw, hound, and whatever other module weapons into their own category. No rivens for kitguns and zaws at all - kinda makes sense as they have all those special arcanes instead, but its too late now.

When kitguns were first released they were pistol only. They literally didnt have rivens because they weren't supposed to have them. It led to an outcry for riven mods for kitguns for "my favorite catchmoon/rattleguts". We got what we asked and the kitguns were soon to be nerfed (they really never needed rivens).

Honestly, any poor riven disposition weapon isn't worth a riven regardless. Like, I'd rather have a riven for my archguns than for my kitguns... they really don't benefit much from rivens.

Hounds really shouldn't get rivens, neither should any companion. The joke that is companion weapon rivens is just hilarious.

Or just get rid of RNG entirely and make rivens universal , equipping and unlock riven with specific weapon would bind riven to that weapon .

Or in other words if I equip riven to magnus and unlock it that riven will be for magnus instead of random pistol riven .

1 hour ago, Quimoth said:

When kitguns were first released they were pistol only. They literally didnt have rivens because they weren't supposed to have them. It led to an outcry for riven mods for kitguns for "my favorite catchmoon/rattleguts". We got what we asked and the kitguns were soon to be nerfed (they really never needed rivens).

Honestly, any poor riven disposition weapon isn't worth a riven regardless. Like, I'd rather have a riven for my archguns than for my kitguns... they really don't benefit much from rivens.

Hounds really shouldn't get rivens, neither should any companion. The joke that is companion weapon rivens is just hilarious.

The kitgun nerf was a big jump on the gun by DE. The only guns that ever even saw use were the Catchmoon and the Tombfinger, out of which only the Catchmoon was considered ''broken'' at the time and was the only one needing a nerf. Rattleguts and Gaze actually needed some massive buffs. By today's standard the pre-nerf Catchmoon would be bad, because the powercreep has moved past the old kitguns by a landslide.

Later down the line the primaries were added and became dead content on release. DE still nerfed the Tremor grip for some unknown reason even though the guns were already absolute trash.

The infested kitguns we have now are okay. Secondary Sporelacer and Primary Vermisplicer are pretty fun to use, but they are no match for other weapons we have available now.

The proper approach is converting all Veiled Rivens of every category into "Veiled Riven Mods" that unlock for the weapon category you equip them on and complete the challenge. This increases the availability of Rivens to unlock without diluting loot tables or making them tedious to earn.

Bonus points if Veiled Rivens can stack in your inventory for no Riven slot cost and only cost a Riven slot when you "identify" the challenge on the card.

39 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Later down the line the primaries were added and became dead content on release. DE still nerfed the Tremor grip for some unknown reason even though the guns were already absolute trash.

I'm still raw about that.  I had just put a few forma into my primary catchmoon, and then BAM.  Useless.  When the infested kitguns got added I just grabbed whatever random parts I could, maxed them out, and left them to rot in the arsenal.  Modular weapons take more investment to build than others (buying the blueprints for each piece, building each piece, time, ranking up, gilding, etc.), so it hurts more when a nerf hits them.

I don't trust DE not to wreck my modulars, so I don't bother with them.  As a result of disengaging with this system, I view kitgun and zaw rivens as a bad reward.

I hope the next open world doesn't have modular weapons.  The system missed the mark.

I just want a riven for my rattleguts pistol.

I got a Riven for my Vermisplicer a while back but since Vermi is glitched both as a primary and a pistol, it's almost unusable. (Which is why I made my rattleguts kg in the first place, which at least THAT is good since it's meant to be a status machine)

TBH I dont think you all appreciate this situation. Kitguns are very powerful weapons with nice disposition rivens. When you get kitgun riven you know you got powerful mod for powerful weapon. I am just saying... Just imagine if these were in same pool with other pistol and rifle rivens how valuable they would be. Even tho I agree with the logic they should be in pool as other pistols and rifles, I actually like this situation rn. 

5 hours ago, RistN said:

TBH I dont think you all appreciate this situation. Kitguns are very powerful weapons with nice disposition rivens. When you get kitgun riven you know you got powerful mod for powerful weapon. I am just saying... Just imagine if these were in same pool with other pistol and rifle rivens how valuable they would be. Even tho I agree with the logic they should be in pool as other pistols and rifles, I actually like this situation rn. 

TBH, whether we appreciate them or not is irrelevant, if the Riven Market doesn't appreciate them.

my Gaze secondary is easily on par with Kuva Nukor when using a good Riven, but absolutely no one is interested in buying it from me.

Archived