Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Resurgence Dev Workshop & FAQ

[DE]Danielle

Just now, (XBOX)Demiwolf0606 said:

wow. you know what i mean, i mean its rigged

No honestly I dont know what you mean. There is a price, you get what you pay for through the vendor.

The only thing missing is plat from the old bundle packs. Yeah it sucks, your personal view on the value may have changed, but you still get what you pay for. The question is, do you want the accessories or not, or the shortcut instead of the grind for frames and weapons? If yes, you buy it if you find the price fair, if not you dont. Simple as that, no one is holding a gun to your head. If you need the primes and dont want to pay do like the rest of us have done for all these years, farm them in the void and from bounties.

1 minute ago, ZabaYaga said:

I have a hotdog stand with a bunch of people lining up.
I sell 100 hotdogs each $10 with a bun and ketchup, and then I decide to stop selling the hotdogs with the bun and ketchup because.. people are hungry right? They'll eat anyway.. I'll give them just the sausage. Maybe they will even give me $2 extra for the bun separately!

New customer comes in and orders a hotdog, I give him the hotdog on a toothpick and tell him that's $10.
Old customer noticed and goes 'Hold up, why is there no bread and ketchup with the hotdog? You're just selling a sausage on a stick!'

Should the old customer just have shut up and not said anything because 'new customer is perfectly capable of miraculously knowing what you usually get for that price?'

I think that good guy old customer just saved new customer from a scummy salesman. As only 5 minutes earlier I was selling the hotdog with a bun and ketchup. Hell, the buns are even still freshly stacked up on the counter.

It is more as if you serve hotdogs and one day you add sausage cupons to it, the next day you dont. The old customers can buy your new hotdog at the same price but get no free sausage cupon with it. Your analogy isnt really applicable to the unvault changes.

8 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

And they arent allowed to change their pricing on their own product why exactly? What specific obligation do they have towards us regarding future product pricing?

I personally have no right to complain since I've had since 2017 to get these packs off and on with the old pricing and I havent. Whoopy-freakin-doo, I've got no one else to blame but myself if I really wanted all them extra goodies. And the same surely applies to others aswell, including some that complain.

As a wise man once said, if you snooze you lose.

No one says they can not change the pricing. This is changing the value and hoping no one would notice, hiding it behind some petty PR statements. 
First it's an error, a mistake, they 'were aware of the situation and looking into it'. If it would really be a mistake, wouldn't you think they would say 'Sorry guys, we'll make sure you get the plat later!'? You'd think so. No, they did it off with some excuses and are waiting for sales-data to see if they can get away with this for next time as well or not. 

Just now, (XBOX)Demiwolf0606 said:

I wanted the Soma Prime so bad so I started grinding harder than ever,  staying up till 3 in the morngin on school nights, and more.  Then I found out you have to pay 20 dollars for it.  Lik ima #*!%ing do that.  DE your ruining the game with your greed.  We already 

What on earth are you talking about? You dont have to pay for any weapon. You grind the void or bounties to get free Aya. Then when Soma Prime is in the unvault rotation (now) you pick up the relics for Aya where the parts you need for Soma Prime are located and unlock it for free. You only need to buy it for Regal Aya if you want it instantly unlocked without gameplay and an added catalyst and free weapon slot.

It works the same as how you unlock all other primes.

6 minutes ago, ZabaYaga said:

No one says they can not change the pricing. This is changing the value and hoping no one would notice, hiding it behind some petty PR statements. 
First it's an error, a mistake, they 'were aware of the situation and looking into it'. If it would really be a mistake, wouldn't you think they would say 'Sorry guys, we'll make sure you get the plat later!'? You'd think so. No, they did it off with some excuses and are waiting for sales-data to see if they can get away with this for next time as well or not. 

Eh lol, seriously you honestly think they thought no one would notice? I mean really, did you honestly think they thought that? Stevie Wonder would notice it.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

Everything comes down to if regarding both systems. We cannot say one was better than the other when both had similar flaws regarding how much value you actually get out of a pack. Adding plat to this system wouldnt make it better or worse compared to the old, it would make it the same or different depending on the player in question and what they need. Someone wanting specific things = Better, someone wanting say the Nekros accessories = Worse.

I dont think DE can make a system that makes everyone happy. Sure they could make everything 1 Raya and a $20 pack includes 2, but surely someone would complain about how a sugarta is worth as much as a syandana or an armor set at that point, or in the future a Necramech skin.

There are also those frames that will be cheaper in their accessory access, like Mirage, that would cost $20 for a single syandana and nothing else. And likely Loki aswell that probably had what would now be 2x 1 Raya accessories. So we get bad with the good and good with the bad.

Just because both of systems have their flaws doesn't mean that they both don't have objective values that can be compared to one another. You keep talking about "better" from a subjective standpoint, like "we cannot say that fresh popcorn are better than stale popcorn, because it depends on what each eater prefers", and you keep ignoring the objective value that Platinum holds just because you personally value it at $0. That's not what I'm doing here - I'm looking at things objectively, without nullifying values.

Nekros accessories = Worse. Objectively true.

Someone wanting specific things = "Better"? If they only want one thing, it's almost always, if not always, objectively worse, because you're still paying the price of multiple things, but now you don't get the Platinum. Buying Regal Aya just for one syandana is $19.99, which the Vault pack also gives you plus (slightly more than) $9.99 worth of evergreen Platinum. Buying Regal Aya for one syandana and one sentinel accessory pack from two different Primes is still $19.99, sure, half of what you'd spend on Vault packs, but now you're missing out on (slightly more than) $19.99 worth of evergreen Platinum, meaning that the old system would've offered you just as good of a deal, going by pure objective value.

Mirage & Loki Accessories only being 2 Regal Aya each? Sure, but as said, you still need to pay $19.99 to obtain them each, with Regal Aya leaving you with ~1/3rd of the price to buy other Prime stuff with, whereas the vault leaves you with ~1/2th of the price in evergreen Platinum. Doing some elementary school math, we can see that 1/3 < 1/2, so Vault packs are still more valuable.

"But what if they don't want to spend the Platinum on anything?" If that's the counter argument here, then by the same token: "But what if they don't want to spend the remaining Regal Aya on anything?"

As proven above, the Regal Aya is only ever a better deal where someone subjectively undervalues the Platinum below its objective cost. Looking at things purely objectively, value-wise, the Regal Aya system is worse than the Vault system. Simple as that.

12 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Just because both of systems have their flaws doesn't mean that they both don't have objective values that can be compared to one another. You keep talking about "better" from a subjective standpoint, like "we cannot say that fresh popcorn are better than stale popcorn, because it depends on what each eater prefers", and you keep ignoring the objective value that Platinum holds just because you personally value it at $0. That's not what I'm doing here - I'm looking at things objectively, without nullifying values.

Nekros accessories = Worse. Objectively true.

Someone wanting specific things = "Better"? If they only want one thing, it's almost always, if not always, objectively worse, because you're still paying the price of multiple things, but now you don't get the Platinum. Buying Regal Aya just for one syandana is $19.99, which the Vault pack also gives you plus (slightly more than) $9.99 worth of evergreen Platinum. Buying Regal Aya for one syandana and one sentinel accessory pack from two different Primes is still $19.99, sure, half of what you'd spend on Vault packs, but now you're missing out on (slightly more than) $19.99 worth of evergreen Platinum, meaning that the old system would've offered you just as good of a deal, going by pure objective value.

Mirage & Loki Accessories only being 2 Regal Aya each? Sure, but as said, you still need to pay $19.99 to obtain them each, with Regal Aya leaving you with ~1/3rd of the price to buy other Prime stuff with, whereas the vault leaves you with ~1/2th of the price in evergreen Platinum. Doing some elementary school math, we can see that 1/3 < 1/2, so Vault packs are still more valuable.

"But what if they don't want to spend the Platinum on anything?" If that's the counter argument here, then by the same token: "But what if they don't want to spend the remaining Regal Aya on anything?"

As proven above, the Regal Aya is only ever a better deal where someone subjectively undervalues the Platinum below its objective cost. Looking at things purely objectively, value-wise, the Regal Aya system is worse than the Vault system. Simple as that.

Maybe read what I wrote. I gave an example of how it would be if we added plat to the new system. At that point it would be fully subjective and depend on what each individual need out of the actual items.

Mirage and Loki will still be the same price yes, if there is nothing else to get that you want. You wont pay more than before though. It will however be possible to get more out of your money compared to before with Mirage/Loki just as it is possible to get away cheaper for specific Nekros accessories and match them with others. In the end that is still all subjective.

And yes, this example is also with platinum in mind, so you dont need to bring that part up again. I'm talking about if the system is "fixed" to cater to the complaints.

18 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Regal aya is a better deal if youre more concerned about getting exactly the prime accessories you want. 

There was no other way to get the items I want with spending only $40. They were all part of separate bundles that came with items I didnt care for 

Personally, I found most bundles contained 1 good item and 1 mediocre item. 

Sometimes we need to focus on how things can be made better rather than just complaining.

Here's one suggestion to be made.  We ready know that there will be another annual event running in a few weeks: Tennobaum.  One thing I would like to see happen is perhaps a reduced cost but no Plat vault access for Tennobaum that supports this year's charity.  From QTCC we already know the community will work towards and support these goals.

Finally Nyx and Valkyr need  permanent Prime Starter Packs added to the market. They're not vaulted anymore.

In my opinion Aya do not drop enough.   (not anywhere near the amount it needs to)

Grinding for Aya feels so much worse than going after relics.  Low drops + crappy relic popping system + rng reward from relic = horrible process.  

- I farmed several primes out of open world bounties before resurgence.  Lith relics were hard to get because that tier of bounty only had 3 rolls.  But all the other relics were pretty easy to get.  easier than how often aya are dropping...  which is like ONCE per T5 bounty or less. 

I'd like to see open world bounties have their %'s radically adjusted.  Each objective should have a 50% chance to drop a relic.   Finishing an objective = 1 loot roll.  Doing the bonus condition for an objective = extra loot roll same odds.   That means if you perfectly do a T5 mission you get 10 rolls at loot.   The problem with current bounties is that the bonus altars the %'s on rewards which often time PREVENTS you from getting stuff you want.     But lets start at 50% aya drops and go from there..

- Disruptions have really spoiled us.  You can get relics every 5 mins there.   There are multiple relics in each tier which is the only downside.  Sometimes you can get multiple of the relic you need in like 20 minutes and other times you come up empty but atleast your getting other relics.

I would have liked to have seen Disruption or Defense missions become exclusively Aya zones (multiple nodes so we dont get burnt out on ONE map,   maybe the node moves every 30 minutes....).   In these special aya nodes Aya is the ONLY thing that can drop. 1 every 5 mins.  Grindy but never a waste of time.  I like disruption alot but I'd loove defense so that people could resource farm to lol...  But I just remembered all the trash wisp/vauban/limbo/saryns/mirages/frosts/gara/nova/volts you would have to put up with..... maybe stick to disruption....

-------------------------------------

As a veteran I got no interest in these old primes so im not gonna kill myself getting aya.   Im probably not the only veteran who feels like that.   So lets say you have a super excited newbie super excited to get their hads on these primes they dont have and working super hard to get the aya they need....   Theres not going to be alot of people around to actually help him open the relics efficiently.... so I wonder how often the people who actually needs these primes actually finish any of them....  

--------------------------------------

Nightwave occasionally sends us out to the Plains of Eidolon to run bounties... so those bounties are pretty fresh in my mind.  I also run them occasionally for Eido lens's.   Am I crazy or did they up the difficulty of these bounties for Aya event???   It seems like EVERY pack of enemies has an Eximus guy in the group??? I do NOT remember that...  

32 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Eh lol, seriously you honestly think they thought no one would notice? I mean really, did you honestly think they thought that? Stevie Wonder would notice it.

Yes. I worked for a company for a while that went as far as putting the safety of customers at risk by sending out faulty electronics knowingly after they got big enough and got their certificates showing how 'good and reliable' they are in the industry. When money is to be made and a company is big enough, they start testing the waters by seeing what they can get away with to make as much money as possible. Because the moment a company gets big enough, leadership can get incredibly arrogant.

Other big publishers in the gaming industry have been doing this time and time again and people just keep rolling over.

Archived