Prime Resurgence Dev Workshop & FAQ

[DE]Danielle

Just now, (XBOX)LadyWinterstorm said:

Tbh I'm half expecting the F2P Pricing to be

• 25 For 1 Lith Relic
  • 50 For 1 Meso Relic
  • 75 For 1 Neo Relic
  • 100 For 1 Axi Relic

Sure the RnG will be gone but grind will still be horrible and a relic still has RnG in it

It's all 1:1. One Aya, one Relic.

Admittedly my last post was somewhat glib.

Looking at the unvault logically I see 87 items… 49 of which are frames and weapons now farmable in the easiest and most attractive way possible (applause to you DE…like when, ever, has an axi been the same value as a lith? AND we get to choose/target farm…very player friendly indeed)

The other 38 items - aside from the plat omission in the packs - are heavily subjective in their attractiveness and I think a key reason why people are frustrated so the ‘choice’ we get for the premium price paid is debatable…perhaps your banking on ‘value’ in these items players just don’t see?

Weapons: 31

Frames: 18

Armor: 6

Syandanas: 9

Pets, Sentinels: 5

Sugatras: 8

Sigils: 3

Misc (Alt Helmets, Operators, Archwing, Landing crafts): 5

Extractors: 3

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

That's not how that works. If it's increasing the bundle value then removing it without changing the price of the bundle is equal to increasing the cost of the bundle as you are getting less for what you used to spend at the same price point.

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

Free? You're paying money for it. Just like you pay money for the plat and boosters in Prime Access or any other bundle.

Do you see the words "free" or "bonus" here?

IyBe0gh.png

No matter how you see it, this is for future purchases and no one is forced to buy them. No one will have what they've already bought taken away. If DE sees a need for this change it is in the up to them for one reason or another. If you dont like it just vote with your wallet. If the dislike is widespread DE will see it, just as they will see if the new targeted buy option is well recieved.

And DE have stated regarding this that the plat is according to them not accounted for in the prices. So according to them, it is free, a gift or a bonus given to the buyer.

We can argue all day about this, but in the end it comes down to personal value and opinions, neither is wrong or right.

27 minutes ago, (PSN)SylvaPsycho said:

Here's the problem I have with this: If the $20 accessories pack is all the items plus 200 plat, and $20 worth of plat alone is 370, then that means the Prime Accessories are worth 170 plat all together, right? So, time for some maths. If "major" accessories (Syandanas etc.) are 2 R-Aya, "minor" ones (Sigils, Extractors,etc.) are 1, and we use the $20 plat solo purchase (370) as a raw platinum equivalent, that means Rhino's accessories for instance are 113 1⁄3 (113 rounded) for the Syandana, and 56 2⁄3 (57 rounded) for the Extractor, meaning each R-Aya has a MINIMUM value of 56 2⁄3 plat each... In order to then match the value of the 370 plat (which remember costs the same as the current 3 R-Aya pack, at $20), you'd have to have 6.53 R-Aya. Obviously we can't have half an R-Aya, so I'd hope that it'd follow mathematical rule and round up to 7, but I'd be willing to take 6 as a "convenience fee" for it if necessary.

So in essence, using the 3 R-Aya pack as a guide, the amount of R-Aya needed to justify the same price tag without the platinum needs to almost double in every instance. Obviously the higher packs like 15 R-Aya aren't as bad, but they're still not an equivalent exchange for the money spent on them due to the lack of Platinum.

Obviously DE gets to decide how they monetize their game... But to me, someone who has easily sunk over a grand or more into this game in total over the years, this de-incentivizes me from buying the R-Aya and instead pushes me more toward the F2P option of just farming them...

What this smart person said + Plat. And then i'm fine with this .

I for one like buying prime accessories pack when I can n, un-vaulted packs as well for the stuff i couldn't afford the first time around

and the plat from both help me with slots, and i like buying the deulxe bundles too so the plat really does help and was always appreciated.

I do like where this system is going, I just wish the R-Aya was more plentiful so it made more sense n, there was a return of  the added Plat.

Here's hoping for the best .🙂👍💗  

12 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

It's one thing to come out and say "sorry, but we need to do this to stay afloat", another to obfuscate and claim "we're totally giving you guys a better deal here, trust us"

They can't say that, because it is definitely not the case. DE is no longer a small company, it is owned by Tencent.

This is more likely an action caused by some demand of ole Tencent to squeeze just a little bit more outta the customers and test how much are Warframe players willing to pony up.

1 hour ago, (PSN)SylvaPsycho said:

In order to then match the value of the 370 plat (which remember costs the same as the current 3 R-Aya pack, at $20), you'd have to have 6.53 R-Aya. Obviously we can't have half an R-Aya, so I'd hope that it'd follow mathematical rule and round up to 7, but I'd be willing to take 6 as a "convenience fee" for it if necessary.

We can, though. It's a digital currency, we aren't throwing around half a coin. It can be literally fractional, or more sensibly, nothing would change by multiplying both item costs and purchase yield by 10, and now suddenly what amounted to 6.53 Regal is 65.3 Regal, and where that remaining 0,3 is less significant to round off.

We don't buy single digit plat for that exact same reason. Granularity is useful.. when you're trying to be customer friendly.

23 minutes ago, (XBOX)LadyWinterstorm said:

Where does it say that? Drops are being replaced on a 1:1 ratio but i don't see a store price, maybe I'm just blind

On the last Prime Time they showed the shop and how it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCYWjc3rOzs

It's at the beginning.

fpD81Bz.png

You'd think they'd mention this in the OP but as you can probably tell the whole thing is a bit poorly explained...

29 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

If the dislike is widespread

I think it's pretty clear by page 20 that the dislike is widespread.

And I would much prefer if this obvious problem were resolved before the event instead of after so I could give them my money without being treated like a chump. Most of us here are neither dumb enough nor wasteful enough with our money to pay the same on Tuesday for less than what we can buy today.

33 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

I think it's pretty clear by page 20 that the dislike is widespread.

Yeah, you'd think that. But remember. DE doesn't really care about the forum anymore. In addition to this, only a small percent of players are active on the forums, so most people won't read this stuff. Hopefully Brozime's video reached a lot of people.

Also important to note that a lot of new players will come when New War arrives. And them too will not see this thread.

It is widespread on the forum. I hope it spreads on youtube, and maybe it spreads enough elsewhere. Let's keep our fingers crossed, people

37 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

all this whining and no one is thankful that we get Prime noggles for sale???

Thats already a few guaranteed sales from me, plat or no plat. 

A noggle for about the same cost as a tennogen skin isn't really that compelling is it? They used to just be baked into buying a Warframe, but these packs dont even include the Noggle. They are charging you for the Noggles additional to the bundles and only honoring their previous (cheaper mind you) aquisition for Primes purchased outside of this program as per the FAQ.

31 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

all this whining and no one is thankful that we get Prime noggles for sale???

Thats already a few guaranteed sales from me, plat or no plat. 

And that is indeed nice. The event itself is fine. I don't really have any big qualms with it. It's the pricing on raya, and the mobile-game-esc amounts you get that's the problem

10 minutes ago, Voltage said:

A noggle for about the same cost as a tennogen skin isn't really that compelling is it? They used to just be baked into buying a Warframe, but these packs dont even include the Noggle. They are charging you for the Noggles additional to the bundles and only honoring their previous (cheaper mind you) aquisition for Primes purchased outside of this program as per the FAQ.

The only way to get the noggles before was to buy prime access. 

So yeah, it's compelling to me. I get to have prime noggles of my favorite frames without having to buy prime access.

16 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

The only way to get the noggles before was to buy prime access. 

So yeah, it's compelling to me. I get to have prime noggles of my favorite frames without having to buy prime access.

More power to you, mate <3

But we are not whining. We are criticizing the bad monetary practice DE has showed us.

And again. If you are okay with that, then that's tremendous. Enjoy this event plenty.

Purely as a system, this approach to both the free and payed path are great upgrades. Getting to pick your relics from a meta-currency and getting to pick specific items from the prime vault with premium currency are both great QoL changes.

Regal Aya is not priced well, like many say, its twice what it should be, if we should consider this close to a 1:1 conversion from the regular unvaulting system. I dislike the bundling in off amounts when buying Regal Aya as well. With the relatively high costs here, combined with a quicker cycle of premium items this all seems strange to me, surely there is some fatigue to squeezing players this hard. 

Endo is not a good additive to bundles either.

15 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

The thing is you never actually payed for the platinum just as you wont pay for the endo, that is my point. You pay for the primes and the accessories, the plat/endo are gift bonuses. And in both old and new, the gift value is about the same in that perspective. We dont have to like it, but DE could just as easily remove the gifts from the packages as a whole since they have no obligation to give us those free items since the packs are priced based on the prime/cosmetic content within.

Yes I agree, but it is also free. I understand why players are upset by the change because a very appealing item is removed, but it is still a gift in the end and not what we actually pay for. That is what people need to consider.

And people wanting plat added straight to Regal Aya bundles are disingenuous imo because they want both the benefit of the new selective purchase system and the benefit of bundles at the same time. 

We also dont know if there is more behind the scenes regarding why the free plat was removed from these bundles. Maybe there is a pattern that makes these free plat handouts detrimental to normal plat sales, a revenue stream needed for the development of the game. DE arent bound to tell us those specifics, especially regarding something that is considered a free item.

Those are simply put player determined values. DE has their own value on plat/endo, DE doesnt control the warframe.market.

In essence yes, since it is a free bonus not tied to the price of the pack. They could remove the bonus as a whole aswell.

It's not a "gift", it's part of the bundle. Worst copium excuses I've ever read in my life. Ridiculous level of bootlicking.

11 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

Ultimately, people will decide with their wallets. 

Personally, I'll buy a few cosmetics that I've been waiting for. I'm not too concerned with this supposed "extreme plat value" some of you are going on about. 

If DE really wanted to " scam" people, they could do a lot worse that removing some plat. Also- it's up to them to raise or lower the price of cosmetics as they see fit. The game has to make money, and prime accessories is the least scummy way to get as much money as possible. The frames themselves are farmable.

if removing plat from an accessory bundle is what they need to turn a profit, I don't see the problem with that. No one is forced to buy accessories of all things. The accessories are to support the game, and aren't even that much better than the other cosmetics. 

The value of packs is literally cut in half without plat, do the math. What a foolish take.

il y a 14 minutes, Hypernaut1 a dit :

Welp? 

DE has raised the price. What are you going to do? Not buy it?

This is silly. 

Spending on my account is suspended until DE stops trying to blatantly rip me off, because I'm NOT a fool. I thought that would be obvious. Nothing here is anything you "need", and both the warframes and weapons will be available on the player market in high amounts during and after the event. If DE moves forward with this permanently then I will just finish up the content I care about and leave to play something else. Wouldn't be the first time I left.

DE, I really want to spend money on this event. I think this will really help new players in warframe and encourage them to stick around longer. A bigger player base is beneficial to everyone. The problem arises in that the price point without plat seems very unfair and encourages me to just wait for the accessories pack in the future if I want the armor. Plat is a big part of buying a lot of the supporter packs for me so I can completely skip trade chat while also getting themed cosmetics. 

Please reconsider plat in the regal aya packs.

13 hours ago, Tahoma said:

I've also thought of a pack that may include an armor set and a syandana, such as Chroma Prime, is that still going to fit within the $20 it would have cost me to buy that pack? Or do I now have to buy the $40 pack and spend 4 of the raya on the pack's accessories, and potentially get stuck with the other 3?

This is exactly how that's going to work and is the direct intention of having price points where they are on items in relation to the amounts available for purchase in packs.  It means that in most cases you will not be able to buy just one pack, you will have to buy two, or conversely, if you buy a pack that has enough to get the things you want, you'll be left with extra, but not enough to buy many other options without buying another pack to even it out.  It's a common, unethical, shady business practice that I'm used to seeing from devs like EA or mobile games, designed so that you're never at a point of satisfaction.  You either always have to spend more or you're wasting money you've already spent.

And before someone does it:  Yes, I'm sure there are a few cherry picked cases where you can buy just one pack and get a highly specific order of things.  It does not apply for most cases.  This is 100% done on purpose.

13 hours ago, Hokkis31 said:

I can see the argument that the increase in price comes from the fact that the players get more freedom to buy exactly what they want.

I can see a very minor argument for a very small price increase if you buy an individual item.  Just and individual item though.  I would be willing to pay a slightly higher price, for instance, for the Hulta armor set and dual swords skin from Loki Deluxe, but I don't want anything else in the bundle.  I personally offer discounts on mods and most sets for players I trade with that buy in bulk.  But those discounts are off the individual listed prices that I have up on the market site, and it's not specific bundles of things either.  Any bulk trades get a discount offered on them by me, without the other player asking about it.  It has gotten me multiple repeat customers and means I rarely sit in trade chat.

I do not, however see any reason why anything is bundle only, and I think it's an indecent practice.  It's trash.  Fixing that by making things purchasable individually shouldn't mean that they double in price.  The plat in these packs is literally half the value on average.  That should mean that the 3 Raya pack you need to buy the Nyx accessories should only be $10.  With how limiting Raya is as a currency, it's not exactly easy to increase the price of something by just a little though, which is also probably on purpose.

Despite being mad at them with a couple of the grinds and yet more un-asked-for detrimental changes to the UI, they were still probably going to get $20-$40 out of me during this event because I was thinking about buying some of the prime accessories packs.  Not like this though.  Not a chance in hell.

Archived