The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Resurgence Dev Workshop & FAQ

[DE]Danielle

10 minutes ago, DukeRukasu said:

But that's not true imo. Tell me how you get to that 50% reduction or 100% increase? 100% increase would mean double the usual price, which is around 20$ for an accesoires pack. The only thing missing in the pack is 200p. But 200p is around 12 $,  not 20 $. So we only have an increase of more or less 60%. And this goes even lower when you take into account that 200p for what it is: Discounted Plat. So i would say all in all the price rise is maybe 30%.

ur getting less aya then u would need to buy a single accessory pack at the same price, even before plat is counted  3 =/= 4 

and whats worse, for $80  get less regal aya then it would take to buy everything in the current prime vault thats $60 and ur also losing all 1200 plat

they are literally charging MORE for half

let me put it this way, if u buy a pack of donuts and u get 12 for $4

and then they suddenly cut the size down to 6 donuts for $4 and no longer sell 12 packs, does not the price of the donuts double? 

16 minutes ago, Hokkis31 said:

Allright. after a good nights sleep I woke up to this. What in the world? I am glad DE responded, but I am less glad that they didn't really respond, you know. I want to make it clear that the PR-team, Danielle, Rebecca and all of you are great and none of us are blaming you or are attacking your character. This is directed towards the company.

As many people have stated, it doesn't make sense that you can't lower the prices on raya. All you'd have to do is change some values, and then all's well.

The saddest part about this sham is that if noone buys raya, then the event will never happen again. And the free path is great. Stupendous even. Most of the vets won't buy this. Your target is newer players. I for one will try to warn them, but will of course not reach a substantial amout of people. So if your plan goes smooth, then a lot of new and fresh fish will buy raya, and statistically speaking, then event will be a success. Prices were fair and nothing is wrong. Question is. How many one-time-purchases will there be? Cuz, you know. Scammers only get one transaction from their costumers most of the time. (Two in your instance considering you are abusing math within your raya-packs). And who is buying raya? Vets, or newbies? That is certainly a statistic you are able to show us, so don't pretend you aren't able to.

If nothing changes, then I will have confirmed that you no longer care about support from your playerbase. You will show that you want money, regardless of how. You'll be okay with overpricing and decieving players into spending more money than they should've or would've.

There is no logistical issue, there is just greed

This is very much the opinion of a large portion of the veterans too. We recognize that this kind of pricing model is so vastly different to what we've gotten in the past that it can't be our usual marketing/PR team behind it, but the issue is that they are being made to wear it while also continuing to push the same "deals". It should never have been claimed as "1:1 ratio", it should never have been said "the value is the same", and the excuse of "paying for one premium currency just to receive another" should never have been on the table when the former currency is extremely restricted-use, while the latter is usable game-wide and tradable to boot!

As I said in a previous post, this dev workshop should have been released weeks or months in advance to the event being finalized, not at the same time and with less than a week til zero hour. It's poorly thought-out, terribly deceptive and obviously predatory towards the newer playerbase - all things that I feel have been creeping in more and more of late.

Again, the free Aya path is a great step to lessening the grind and wait in some way or another - but when balanced against this travesty of a marketing ploy it just doesn't work out.

You guys do realize the individual warframe packs for prime vault that cost 39.99 INCLUDE the accessories right? It kinda sounds like you glossed over that.

Some quick math based on what's written here says you've raised the overall price of prime unvault of 1 warframe, 2 weapons, 1 major accessory, and 1 minor accessory by about $7.97 under the assumption that you buy in the most optimal way possible. (With the 80$ regal aya bundle, and the 6 aya prime bundle)

Taking the 400 platinum into account at an absolute minimum of $4.65 (with the $199.99 platinum pack with a 75% coupon applied, which is very generous). That's about a $12.62 or a 31% markup total for the single pack.

I'm sure It's well over a 200% markup with nonoptimal purchases.

It's too late for me to bother calculating the exact worst price possible, or for the dual pack, and I've already spent too much time on this, but you get the idea. You guys are pushing it. These were already overpriced before.

Do let me know if my math's wrong or I misinterpreted something.

Endo is so easy to farm in the game it's effectively valueless. I refuse to count endo towards the value of any of this.

Edit: The bundles in Varzia's shop include accessories. This was not stated in the workshop, and alters minimum costs significantly. They're still sitting at being less value than prime vault with the omission of platinum, but it's less egregious than what the the workshop said. However this only applies to the bundles. If you'd rather farm out the frames and weapons to save a bit of money, the accessories alone still have a significantly inflated price.

40 minutes ago, OP-R8R said:

being totally vague with everything and even contradicting their own statements.

28 minutes ago, Hokkis31 said:

You will show that you want money, regardless of how. You'll be okay with overpricing and decieving players into spending more money than they should've or would've.

There is no logistical issue, there is just greed

47 minutes ago, iPathos said:

Following up on actual player feedback before bringing us such a blatant cash grab.

I wholeheartedly agree with all of the statements I just quoted.

really. 

vor 12 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Spider_Enigma:

ur getting less aya then u would need to buy a single accessory pack at the same price, even before plat is counted  3 =/= 4 

and whats worse, for $80  get less regal aya then it would take to buy everything in the current prime vault thats $60 and ur also losing all 1200 plat

they are literally charging MORE for half

let me put it this way, if u buy a pack of donuts and u get 12 for $4

and then they suddenly cut the size down to 6 donuts for $4 and no longer sell 12 packs, does not the price of the donuts double? 

Where do you need 4 Aya for an accessory pack? As far as I can see you only need 3 (rn for example 2 for targis prime and 1 for the extractor)

And for 80$ you get 15 aya, but the dual pack is only 10 aya. So your calculations dont make sense to me.

5 minutes ago, DukeRukasu said:

Where do you need 4 Aya for an accessory pack? As far as I can see you only need 3 (rn for example 2 for targis prime and 1 for the extractor)

And for 80$ you get 15 aya, but the dual pack is only 10 aya. So your calculations dont make sense to me.

capes are the same price as armor...

and doing the math of the full prime dual pack with everything, it would cost u 21 regal aya for the same items WITHOUT the plat, and thats a $60 bundle, and the most u can get at once is 15 for $80

INSTANTLY UNLOCK NYX PRIME, RHINO PRIME, DISCOUNTED PLATINUM AND PRIME GEAR!

The Prime Vault is now open! For a limited time, you can purchase this pack and gain instant access to Nyx Prime, Rhino Prime and more! Get them before they retire and return to the Vault!

Pack Includes:
   - 1200 Platinum
6 - Nyx Prime and Rhino Prime
2 - Hikou Prime
2- Scindo Prime
2- Boltor Prime
2- Ankyros Prime
2- Targis Prime Armor Set
1- Vala Sugatra Prime
1- Distilling Extractor Prime and Blueprint
2- Noru Prime Syandana
1- Prime Glyphs

for a total of 21 regal aya

vor 13 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Spider_Enigma:

capes are the same price as armor...

and doing the math of the full prime dual pack with everything, it would cost u 19 regal aya for the same items WITHOUT the plat, and thats a $60 bundle, and the most u can get at once is 15 for $80

Dont really know, what your argument is with the capes? Is there a specific accessory pack with both? Because the packs I remember alway have something bigger (cape, armour etc) and something smaller (extractor, sugatra)

How do you get 19 aya?? It is clearly stated that the dual pack costs 10 aya and it has everything, but the Plat as far as I can see.

Edit: Ah now I see it. You just added up the single item prices. But this is not how it works. There is a pack

vor 16 Minuten schrieb PollexMessier:

You guys do realize the individual warframe packs for prime vault that cost 39.99 INCLUDE the accessories right? It kinda sounds like you glossed over that.

I think that everyone is aware of this fact but why would we care for these big warframe packs if we already own these prime warframe and/or have way better ways to get hands on them. The big problem here are the Aya packs in comparision to the Accessories packs.

10 minutes ago, OP-R8R said:

I think that everyone is aware of this fact but why would we care for these big warframe packs if we already own these prime warframe and/or have way better ways to get hands on them. The big problem here are the Aya packs in comparision to the Accessories packs.

every prime pack ever, had more value then regal aya, that is includes the war frame packs

infact the largest bundle had enough plat to buy 7 additional warframes from the market and was valued at the same price as the current 15 regal aya

and 15 regal aya gets u 5 vaulted frames

infact, if u go to the trade chat and buy warframes for 150p each (they are less then that.... alot less then that) u can buy 17 frames with the plat from prime access 

2 hours ago, Scruffodian said:

I do have a question though - is the removal of plat from the offer part of the mechanic about enabling cross-save and cross-play? Asking, as I'm aware that the console versions of the game have a differing mechanic to plat than the PC ones (no discounts etc), with the game economy reflective of that - is this experimental short lifespan vault with its own unique currency intended to not crash out console game economies?

A similar thought crossed my mind; one of the thorny issues with cross save/play has to be the different economies (plat discounts on PC, tennogen for plat on console etc.). I wonder if Regal Aya, as a uniformly priced premium currency might be regarded as a necessary step to enabling cross save/play. This could be the cost of enabling anything more than basic running missions together.

I wonder if this is seen as a success by DE it will expand (for example Tennogen becomes purchasable with the new premium currency on every platform. 

"We're not changing it because it's too late."
Then what's the point of informing us in advance?
And that's not even mentioning how you quite literally lied to the playerbase about the 1:1 value.

I even considered buying a few prime accessories, but this is so scummy I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy.

Don't give us excuses, do better.

14 minutes ago, Hokkis31 said:

Most of them are failry low on PC. (Except Loki and Saryn). I've heard this is a different story on console, though

Oh I thought he was talking about the warframes on the market. For PSN users I think the lowest is 250 highest is around 425… for prime frames the most I’ve seen was around 300-350.

15 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey Tenno! 

With Prime Resurgence launching tomorrow, we wanted to answer your requests to (a) add Platinum to the packs and (b) add Accessories Packs with Platinum. 

A. The reality is that for this inaugural launch we are unable at this time (right before launch) to add Platinum to the packs due to technical and compliance limitations across all Warframe’s platforms. We want to avoid doing any changes midway through the event as well, with it becoming a logistical challenge on the backend setup and unfair to the players who were early participants. While it is not possible for this first run, we have pages upon pages of feedback here that will be considered alongside the data we’ll be reviewing once the event has finished. Rest assured the importance of bonus Platinum in the value proposition is noted for next time. 

B. The same reasoning from A applies to adding Accessories Packs - there is still much to consider for an event that has yet to run, but being the biggest discussed point here we know it is desired. But since we are unable to add a Pack at this point, there is no way for us to add Platinum to a pack that doesn’t exist. 

We really want to stress again that this is our first attempt at running an event like this. It has been 8 years of the same Prime Access system and 7 years of Prime Vault, we aren’t reinventing the wheel but we are venturing into an entirely new way to make Prime items available in ways we’ve never attempted before. And this is why player feedback is so vital, we know what your top concerns are and will take it into consideration if we look at a future run of Prime Resurgence. 

We just simply cannot commit to any major systematic changes at this time, because of the reasons listed above and because we need performance data to make educated and informed decisions if we run the event again. These may not be the answers you were hoping for, but for the sake of transparency they are the answers we have to give at this time. We also want to make a point of saying that you as a player have the freedom to participate in any form that is most comfortable to you. With far more avenues of access to free-path Primed items with Aya, you can dedicate your time to building up that Prime inventory that you’ve been dreaming of. 

Thank you for reading and we’ll see you for tomorrow’s launch! 

DO NOT BUY REGAL AYA!!! It’s a 50% rip off of primed unvaulting packs!!! If DE won’t listen to feed back then we have to speak with our wallets.

17 minutes ago, Wiz3rd said:

"We're not changing it because it's too late."
Then what's the point of informing us in advance?
And that's not even mentioning how you quite literally lied to the playerbase about the 1:1 value.

I even considered buying a few prime accessories, but this is so scummy I wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy.

Don't give us excuses, do better.

Then we remember that Endo was added after the initial backlash and that entire reason falls apart.
I fully agree, don't give us excuses, do better.

On 2021-11-02 at 8:05 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Not only that, but Endo is an incredibly important resource needed in powering up your Prime gear with Mods. It’s addition into the packs was made with the intention of giving you the tools you need to get your Arsenal ready for The New War. 

I'm sitting on 6million endo... Six... Million.... 6000000 i don't think i would need endo anymore, do you(DE) even see from your data that there are people who are playing for years and don't need that anymore?

5ucu7l.jpg

3 minutes ago, Chaos_Renegade_Underdog said:

What a joke... No one should buy Regal Aya, but I fear people will be stupid enough to actually buy it.

My guess is that a lot of people will have the mindset of: Yeah, it's bad, but I'm only getting this one armor/syandana. It's a scummy practice, but it's okay for just this one thing.

This will probably be the leading cause of none-new player's purchases

The big problem is that people for sure will buy the Aya packs either because they don't know better or because they just don't care. 

In the end DE will sell the Aya packs and the people that want platinum will have to buy them extra... which results in 50-60% higher profit margin for DE. If the amount of people which refuse to buy is not bigger than that margin (or the equivalent margin -> I don't really want to do the math on it) then DEs scam worked and most certainly will be repeated in future.

Just like DE said... they will "consider" changes AFTER looking at the sales numbers.

If not enough players decide against the Aya packs we are going to face the future business model of DE/Tencent here.

Ignorant players are to blame then but not exclusively. I do not think that the vast majorities even notices this scam. How many people are really going to compare the offers? Many will just assume that it is a good deal because they did not take a look at the old packs.

If we want this scam to fail the word about it has to spread. People need to know what they buy and that they buy something that is totally overpriced. I have already explained the situation on various WF related communities and explained it to the other clan members. People need to know what the situation with the Aya packs is so they can do a better decision.

My advice at this point is to spread the word about it out there. We can not change DEs decision about screwing its playerbase with this crap. DE is resistent to feedback. Players on the other still might be open to think about this topic and make a different decision when they realize how bad the deal actually is.

Archived