Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove Lasers from Void Defense

(XBOX)CaligulaTwily

27 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Chock it up to a loss. The trolling happens very rarely. And you don't even know if it was on purpose.

I wanna say it was probably intentional this time? Waited till round 4. They definitely activated the console on purpose, they tagged it with a waypoint before activating it, so wasn't "on accident" like trying to reload a weapon while near the thing.

57 minutes ago, (PSN)C4d4l153n said:

those lasers are really annoying sometimes you can use them by accident when reloading.

there's a setting for that, 'Context Action includes Reload'.
why is it on by default? beats me. everyone i've met IIRC despises its existence.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

Remove Lasers from Void Defense

I agree, personally i think those should have been removed very long ago as the game was completely difference when they were first implemented.

Even back then those lasers were a neusance when playing with Randoms since when in a pre-built team usually people are in some voice chat coordinating the mission and warning others that they would be turning on the lasers, which at that time usually only happened after wave 200 due to the difficulty scaling.

At that time, lvl 150 enemies were as strong as our current lvl 30s tho weapons were far weaker as they hadnt gone through the reballancing processes that occurred over time nor were the builds so powerful due to new mods and combinations implemented.

Currently those lasers serve no actual purpose as enemies tend to just melt with the loadouts we currently have and they were a last resource for the time.

17 hours ago, taiiat said:

there's a setting for that, 'Context Action includes Reload'.
why is it on by default? beats me. everyone i've met IIRC despises its existence.

It's not as simple as just Turning it off for Us Controller Users because he don't have many Options to bind a dedicated Button for Reloading exclusively.

5 hours ago, (PSN)C4d4l153n said:

didn't know that! I'll go turn it off now thanks. 

How are you going to Reload then ? 😱.

On 2021-11-21 at 9:22 AM, (XBOX)CaligulaTwily said:

Some troll just used the lasers to slay Arbitration Defense Target 

Only issue with the lazers is that they deal damage to allies. I like using them when enemies get tough, its quite satisfying watching them just get annihilated and its one of the few rare interactable things that can actually be useful in the game.

But due to the fact that it can harm allies makes it an almost irresistible tool to use for a troll. My friends back in the day used to always use it on each other 😂 reactions are priceless lmao. Like you know they're typing up a storm when they instantly turn and look at you like -_- and they stop moving for like 3 whole minutes xD. The comedic timing of the head turn or them saying "i hate you" be killing me 😂😂😂 Im so evil, and am sorry but its so worth it lmao

Almost as good as old Vauban bounce trap. I remember using it to play pinball with players without their consent. Even my victims who were complete strangers had to laugh during it, they were so helpless during those bounce chains i'd have set up xD

limbo troll tho, oh boy. All you need is a squad with no damaging abilities and it's over. I dont do it anymore because the troll is too mean for my liking, but it was funny. I remember doing it in hydron and watching 1 player slowly lose his will power to keep attacking. He was a loki, and when it was finally gone he just stood still and stopped attacking while like 50 enemies locked him in a corner, beating him with their little melee sticks xD. He eventually begged me stop and told me that he couldnt even move anymore lololol

but yea.... remove the feat of lazers harming allies

Archived