Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich Spawn changes?

IceQ78

Question

Hi

I was reading up on how to get rid of the Kuva Lich I spawned.

When I got to the "Creation" section it says the Kuva Larvling will appear "After the completion of The War Within quest and acquiring a Railjack..."

Problem is... I don't have a Railjack... and since you need one to defeat a Lich... I suppose the only way for me to finish it would be to get a Railjack, but my issue is the fact that the Larvling spawned in the 1st place. 

I was doing some solo missions on Earth to knock off some of the events for Nightwave. 

Any advice would be appreciated.

13 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Larvaling spawns in mission with level 20+

After the completion of The War Within quest and acquiring a Railjack, the player may encounter a Kuva Larvling in a regular level 20+ Grineer mission - 

Yes... But AFTER the completion of the quest and acquiring a Railjack. I only have only completed the quest, but I don't have a Railjack. So it should not have spawned. :thinking:

27 minutes ago, Syrethyst said:

you should be able to join a squad that already has a railjack (for the final showdown)

That is an option I didn't think of. Thank you. :facepalm:

Now only the question that still remains is why do I have a Lich if the Railjack (which I don't have) is a requirement? :thinking:

9 minutes ago, IceQ78 said:

That is an option I didn't think of. Thank you. :facepalm:

Now only the question that still remains is why do I have a Lich if the Railjack (which I don't have) is a requirement? :thinking:

Most likely you didn't read the prompt and stabbed the Lich larvling, that's how Lich's are created.

3 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Most likely you didn't read the prompt and stabbed the Lich larvling, that's how Lich's are created.

right but OP's confusion is how do you get a Larvaling from an Earth mission.. Earth, yanno start planet... Larvalings shouldn't be popping up until Saturn where Lv.23 Grineer are; were I not plagued with one I'd be prompted daily as I use Telesto to level stuff with a Sleepquinox.

OP also is confused how they got a Lich with only half the requirements.  I understand how they'd be confused after all not on a 20+ Grineer planet (unless OP was on Steel Path), not possessing a Railjack (if Wiki is accurate is now essential to getting both the Lich dead and spawning one) should not, not ever: spawn a Larvaling in the first place.

Seems to be a lot of confusion.

6 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

OP also is confused how they got a Lich with only half the requirements.  I understand how they'd be confused after all not on a 20+ Grineer planet (unless OP was on Steel Path), not possessing a Railjack (if Wiki is accurate is now essential to getting both the Lich dead and spawning one) should not, not ever: spawn a Larvaling in the first place.

It might have been a 20+ mission as I was also cracking a relic, I am not on steel path, was not a Kuva siphon.

10 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Yeah I didn't that is true... but if I understand the requirements for a larvlinkg to spawn, I should not have gotten the prompt at all.

As can be seen below I have not even started the quest for the Railjack. 

qlahUbw.png

Creation section of the Wikia? If so I believe the Wika is slightly inaccurate. I can't personally verify, but I think the Railjack requirement isn't necessary for the creation of a Lich. Maybe it was supposed to, or assumed as such when Corpus Sisters were added, or thats why wording is inaccurate etc I don't know, just guessing.

I think some are confused, OP focusing more on the prerequisite of Railjack to create a Lich (which can spawn on Earth, in special missions, like say Steel Path, or potentially Relics/Nightmare etc) though, I think some of those users are also like "you don't have to stab the Larvaling" but then also yeah, OP you should be able to hitch a ride with others to fight your Lich. Railjack quest did actually get changed and is much easier, faster to get through, as an option. 

5 hours ago, IceQ78 said:

Yeah I didn't that is true... but if I understand the requirements for a larvlinkg to spawn, I should not have gotten the prompt at all.

Yeah it was probably the relic mission being high enough level (though I thought base mission level affected fissure level, so I could be wrong on those conditions), the enemies being grineer (which is one of the requirements), and assuming you were in a squad it probably spawned for a squad mate rather than you specifically (bypassing the railjack requirement.)

That said, as stated, you can do all of the lich stuff with squads to make things easier, but I didn't think it'd let you pass the base requirements.  Either way, expect the difficulty level to ramp up to lvl 100 enemies, so you'll want to prepare for that.

13 hours ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

right but OP's confusion is how do you get a Larvaling from an Earth mission.. Earth, yanno start planet... Larvalings shouldn't be popping up until Saturn where Lv.23 Grineer are; were I not plagued with one I'd be prompted daily as I use Telesto to level stuff with a Sleepquinox.

True, I forgot about the 20+ factor.

6 hours ago, IceQ78 said:

Seems to be a lot of confusion.

It might have been a 20+ mission as I was also cracking a relic, I am not on steel path, was not a Kuva siphon.

qlahUbw.png

Yes does seem strange, anyway team up with someone and smite the Lich, plenty of players out there willing to help you out to get rid of it.

16 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Creation section of the Wikia? If so I believe the Wika is slightly inaccurate. I can't personally verify, but I think the Railjack requirement isn't necessary for the creation of a Lich. Maybe it was supposed to, or assumed as such when Corpus Sisters were added, or thats why wording is inaccurate etc I don't know, just guessing.

I think some are confused, OP focusing more on the prerequisite of Railjack to create a Lich (which can spawn on Earth, in special missions, like say Steel Path, or potentially Relics/Nightmare etc) though, I think some of those users are also like "you don't have to stab the Larvaling" but then also yeah, OP you should be able to hitch a ride with others to fight your Lich. Railjack quest did actually get changed and is much easier, faster to get through, as an option. 

That makes more sense. Thank you for the answer. :highfive:

14 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Yes does seem strange, anyway team up with someone and smite the Lich, plenty of players out there willing to help you out to get rid of it.

Yeah someone suggested that earlier, and was planning to do so. :thumbup:

I was more confused by the fact that it happened, but it seems the requirements in game and that on the wiki is a bit off :facepalm:

Archived