Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva lich missions

FilipDaNub

Question

11 answers to this question

There should be 5 thralls to mercy in a lich mission and they should all spawn by the 5 minute mark.  You can definitely repeat the mission if you don't kill/mercy enough thralls.  You can repeat the mission until you've hit all 5 thralls.

Another thing is that the rage meter of the lich supposedly goes up per mission, so the rumor is you could potentially get your lich to spawn quicker by doing capture or certain sabotage missions 2-3 times as long as you can keep your mission time to around 2 minutes or less.  Caveat, I haven't done a hard test checking actual numbers on this one to see if it actually helps, but I follow the protocol anyway.

A lich will spawn another 5 thralls in a mission on top of the baseline 5.  If thralls seem to be spawning too quickly or there seem to be more than 5, you can probably expect your lich to spawn soon and adjust your behavior to prepare for that.  It's almost always worth mercy'ing all 10 thralls before attacking the lich to get the maximum number of murmurs.

On 2022-03-02 at 5:04 PM, mkah_mvet said:

There should be 5 thralls to mercy in a lich mission and they should all spawn by the 5 minute mark.  You can definitely repeat the mission if you don't kill/mercy enough thralls.  You can repeat the mission until you've hit all 5 thralls.

Another thing is that the rage meter of the lich supposedly goes up per mission, so the rumor is you could potentially get your lich to spawn quicker by doing capture or certain sabotage missions 2-3 times as long as you can keep your mission time to around 2 minutes or less.  Caveat, I haven't done a hard test checking actual numbers on this one to see if it actually helps, but I follow the protocol anyway.

A lich will spawn another 5 thralls in a mission on top of the baseline 5.  If thralls seem to be spawning too quickly or there seem to be more than 5, you can probably expect your lich to spawn soon and adjust your behavior to prepare for that.  It's almost always worth mercy'ing all 10 thralls before attacking the lich to get the maximum number of murmurs.

I know you said you haven't actually tested this, but I can confirm that there is more than 5 baseline thralls that spawn per mission and I'm also pretty sure they spawn based on kills not mission time but I haven't tested that, it just really seems like that.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Jmazing7 said:

I know you said you haven't actually tested this, but I can confirm that there is more than 5 baseline thralls that spawn per mission and I'm also pretty sure they spawn based on kills not mission time but I haven't tested that, it just really seems like that.

It used to be 10, I thought when they released sisters they brought it down to 5.  I'm like 90% sure that's what multiple patch notes have said, but I haven't sat down with a pad of paper to count.  Maybe the missions you've done where it was more than 5, a lich was gonna spawn but you extracted too soon?

As far as spawn rate, it's sorta both.  It is based on the 5 minute timer, but thralls will only spawn under the same conditions that new enemies otherwise spawn.  Without getting into enemy spawning mechanics too deeply, one of the spawn conditions requires reducing the enemy count on the map. Regardless, if the timer says 5 minutes and you don't have any thralls up, you're probably done.

On 2022-03-03 at 5:04 AM, mkah_mvet said:

first time i hear about the quicker lich spawn...
iirc the only thing that affects lich meter is how much thralls you kill. 
if you have a source, it would be much appreciated

as for the amount, 5 is normal for quicker missions like capture. but if you play longer missions like sabotage, survival, etc. there are definitely more than 5.
same goes for thralls that the lich spawns, can't remember how much, but definitely more than 5. btw there's a mechanic to this: if there's no thrall around, lich will point at nearest grineer enemy and turn it into thrall. if there's no enemy around, lich won't produce extra thralls. 

On 2022-03-03 at 4:17 AM, FilipDaNub said:

When I complete one Kuva lich controlled mission and then I go to navigation, its still controlled by kuva lich.

Do I have to kill all thralls or something else?

nah your concern is not to "free the nodes" or anything like that.

you just want to mercy kill as many thralls as you can, and fill up your murmur circle, revealing requiems for your parazon.

so you can play the nodes one time, 100 times, it doesn't matter.
what matters is you reveal your requiems and test stab your parazon combinations.

good luck, tenno

18 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

nah your concern is not to "free the nodes" or anything like that.

you just want to mercy kill as many thralls as you can, and fill up your murmur circle, revealing requiems for your parazon.

In fact, you don’t want to free the nodes faster than you have to - if you clear all the nodes on a planet, the lich will level up even if you don’t fight it. 

21 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

if you have a source, it would be much appreciated

straight up word of mouth.  I have quite low confidence on that one.  Feels effective though for what little that's worth.

As far as the number, I had to check patch notes, and only specific thing I could find since sisters was reference to a flat 10 thralls per mission.  Pretty certain capture is only 5 though, so I suspect that's not the whole story.  I feel like maybe there was a devstream where they talked about it or something.

10 hours ago, atteSmythe said:

In fact, you don’t want to free the nodes faster than you have to - if you clear all the nodes on a planet, the lich will level up even if you don’t fight it. 

you're gonna have to remind me about the source for this one as well, mate.

iirc lich only levels up when you stab it.
last time my lich refuse to show up, the planet just kept the same few last nodes infinitely replayable until my lich finally decides to finally shows up.

8 hours ago, Soy77 said:

nah, before sisters, it was definitely a case of the lich leveling up when you clear all nodes.  Checked the patch notes again, didn't apparently get changed with sisters.  With the extreme reduction in murmur requirements, it's pretty hard to even force that situation to happen now, so I can't confirm through experience.

10 hours ago, Soy77 said:

you're gonna have to remind me about the source for this one as well, mate.

last time my lich refuse to show up, the planet just kept the same few last nodes infinitely replayable until my lich finally decides to finally shows up.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Kuva_Lich

It happened to me once early on, before I knew what I was doing. Had a low rage meter and didn’t get my lich confrontation before the end of the planet. 

Archived