Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thanatos Skin for The New Heavy Scythe

BlackAce

27 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

What Thanatos Skin are you referring to specifically?

There is already a Skin in the game for Scythes called Thanatos and it comes with the Nekros Deluxe bundle.

NekrosDeluxeScythe.png

That's for Scythes. I'm asking another version for the upcoming Heavy Scythes.

3 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Wow that's some actual fan made voice acting right there. Holy cow that's bad.

That's a matter of taste, obviously.  But Hades has won tons and tons of awards (including +50 game of the year awards), some of which refer to voice acting.  If your perception is that Hades has bad voice acting, I would hate to hear what you have to say about the Ambulas boss fight in this game, or the Jordas Golem boss mission.  Actually, I would probably agree with you.  Some of Warframe has decent to great voice acting, and some of it is rough.  Most of the newer voice work in Warframe is very good.  But a lot of the older stuff struggles a bit.

Anyway, if you haven't played Hades, I highly recommend it.  It's a roguelike that respects your time.  It's got deep combat and upgrade systems.  And the characters are deeply compelling.

49 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

That's a matter of taste, obviously.  But Hades has won tons and tons of awards (including +50 game of the year awards), some of which refer to voice acting.  If your perception is that Hades has bad voice acting, I would hate to hear what you have to say about the Ambulas boss fight in this game, or the Jordas Golem boss mission.  Actually, I would probably agree with you.  Some of Warframe has decent to great voice acting, and some of it is rough.  Most of the newer voice work in Warframe is very good.  But a lot of the older stuff struggles a bit.

Anyway, if you haven't played Hades, I highly recommend it.  It's a roguelike that respects your time.  It's got deep combat and upgrade systems.  And the characters are deeply compelling.

I don't know if the entirety of Hades has bad voice acting, but the clip you just showed me is very much cringe bad. People just reading their lines without the correct punctuation or taking an actual conversation into account. It's like these people aren't really speaking to one another. That's what bothers me about this. Seems just really inexperienced voice acting and/or directing.

Oh and voice acting in Warframe is all over the place. I remember I cringed so much whenever Lotus said something when I just started out. Lots of bad voice acting to go around. But voice acting in Warframe is in part just done by people without experience. So that's a given. I wouldn't compare Warframe to anything to set a standard.

Awards mean diddly squat by the way. Tales of Arise has had raving reviews by critics, but it's an awful game with boring characters poor voice acting and a flimsy crappy story. the only thing that's ok is the combat system. It has won numerous awards, but I can only imagine the judges have either been bought or they were on a really interesting drug when they decided to give the awards. It is by far the worst Tales game ever made to date.

With regards to the game itself. If it's anything like Diablo 3 or Path of Exile in gameplay I will not be able to play it due to my RSI. And looking at the combat it seems very similar. I stay away from RSI inducing games.

2 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

I don't know if the entirety of Hades has bad voice acting, but the clip you just showed me is very much cringe bad.

Not all of them. Played it on someone's for around 10 hours straight. Some were really bad for me. I even cringed and facepalmed. Others are superb. Not sure if it's the skill of the VA or just style choice. Still, it was a fun 10 hours.

2 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

With regards to the game itself. If it's anything like Diablo 3 or Path of Exile in gameplay I will not be able to play it due to my RSI. And looking at the combat it seems very similar. I stay away from RSI inducing games.

A lot of left clicks with mouse and keyboard. Considering the pace of the combat, it's a controller friendly games if you want to try. I don't know if switching to controller help with your condition though.

16 minutes ago, acevezwing said:

Not all of them. Played it on someone's for around 10 hours straight. Some were really bad for me. I even cringed and facepalmed. Others are superb. Not sure if it's the skill of the VA or just style choice. Still, it was a fun 10 hours.

A lot of left clicks with mouse and keyboard. Considering the pace of the combat, it's a controller friendly games if you want to try. I don't know if switching to controller help with your condition though.

Problem is my index finger. Diablo 3 busted it permanently. It's ok if I don't overuse it so I have no pain anymore. I use controller for Warframe and some other games as those are more thumb reliant usually.

1 hour ago, RazerXPrime said:

Problem is my index finger. Diablo 3 busted it permanently. It's ok if I don't overuse it so I have no pain anymore. I use controller for Warframe and some other games as those are more thumb reliant usually.

It's more of a thumb game on controllers.  The triggers and bumpers are used for menu selections and some infrequently used powers.

On 2022-03-30 at 7:28 AM, acevezwing said:

But, DE. Please.

doubt it. if they could just re-scale the skin, they should have just done that with scythes in the first place: the only reason this new class of weapons is coming is because regular scythes are too small (which they are). you can bet your bottom plat you'll have to buy a new skin specifically for that Scythe. no sign of a Ghoulsaw skin yet either..

Archived