The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

50 minutes ago, (PSN)KyomaSatomi said:

I also guess that tanky version includes killing range on her and using that one agument that restores her Null Stars if she looses one.

Yep. You want fairly low range and the augment to keep her null star fed. 

vor 59 Minuten schrieb nslay:

No way... fail? Legitimate failure is a unicorn in this game. A legitimate failure with proper preparation and strategy would be legendary!

If you can't protect the defense objective and leave the Mission empty-handed, you failed. And all the time you spent preparing and being in the Mission has been for nothing.

That's a fact.

9 minutes ago, (PSN)KyomaSatomi said:

If you can't protect the defense objective and leave the Mission empty-handed, you failed. And all the time you spent preparing and being in the Mission has been for nothing.

That's a fact.

I think you misunderstood the guy's response, my dude...

I don't think they were commenting on the effect of failure. Rather, they were poking fun at the concept of failing (likely because players are stupid powerful nowadays). You have plenty of tools at your disposal to make most missions trivial even in Steel Path. 

vor 32 Minuten schrieb Numerikuu:

Ah, the woes of a perfectionist mindset.

Never be afraid to fail, embrace it. Some of the best of us in society have failed countless times to get to where they are. It's from failure that we learn and grow.

My mindset is born of a somewhat neurotic attitude.

Not being seen as not being competent or not Up to the task.

It's an irl thing that has bled over, reinforced by the fact that my daily time to game is limited (adult Life, yay!)

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

You have plenty of tools at your disposal to make most missions trivial even in Steel Path. 

Not at first....

At first you have no Endo and No Potatoes, no Arcanes and No Kuva Weapons.... It takes a while to get the necessary Equipment to Trivialize content... 

Steel path isn't too hard with the right tools

Limbo for any objective where you need to defend a target.
Vauban is also very good at this, and is objectively the best pick for Interception (just run around casting vortex on each tower. and flechette orb if you feel like it). But not great with defense objectives that have abysmally low health and can get one shot like excavators or kuva siphons in kuva survival.

You can do exterminate and capture with just about any frame as long as you can keep yourself from dying. Too many perfectly serviceable options to even try to list.
Same story for survival unless you actually wanna do longer runs then your frame matters.

Since you can pretty much entirely ignore enemies in spy, rescue, and most Sabotages there's little difference between steel path and normal for these. For the sabotage missions that require you to defend something like earth, jupiter, or void, refer back to limbo.

Trinity or wisp for Defection

Trinity or Hildrin for Hijack

Would highly recommend panzer vulpulphyla for your companion as most other companions will almost instantly die unless you have a very solid understanding of how to keep them alive at high levels.

Weapons are pretty much up to your discretion. There's a lot of good ones. Bramma with a corrosive build does an absurd amount of damage to acolites. I'm sure there's other weapons that do better against them. I'd suggest just looking up strategies to deal with acolites. Zenurick's temporal blast ability works on them but with a focus rework coming that might not be the case for very long.

Bosses are the hard part. What you use is largely going to be dependent on the boss you're fighting. But a good tanky frame is a solid start.

4 hours ago, (PSN)KyomaSatomi said:

That's a fact.

If you fail, then you weren't really prepared or didn't use the right strategy or both! You can't fail in this game.

I played Limbo/Khora/Mesa in Defense and failed... said no one ever.

14 minutes ago, nslay said:

If you fail, then you weren't really prepared or didn't use the right strategy or both! You can't fail in this game.

I played Limbo/Khora/Mesa in Defense and failed... said no one ever.

Thinking you haven't played Orokin defense in steel path. Enemies oneshot the objective because of their high level and 300% damage bonus. Khora is nice with her 4, but she doesn't actually protect the objective against bullets. You can easily fail those missions if you don't play right or have the right frame. For me, I wouldn't bring Mesa or Khora into SP Orokin defense. That's just tossing a coin to see if you win or lose. Waste of time.

1 minute ago, RazerXPrime said:

Thinking you haven't played Orokin defense in steel path. Enemies oneshot the objective because of their high level and 300% damage bonus. Khora is nice with her 4, but she doesn't actually protect the objective against bullets. You can easily fail those missions if you don't play right or have the right frame. For me, I wouldn't bring Mesa or Khora into SP Orokin defense. That's just tossing a coin to see if you win or lose. Waste of time.

Oh, I have actually beat the entire Steel Path Star Chart solo!

You mean, Tier 4 Void Mobile Defense right? There's no Tier 4 Void Defense. Well guess what, if you didn't like Limbo to shield mobile defense consoles from grenades, you could also use Zephyr too! Really, it's not the bullets, it's the grenades.

I dont think its wrong ir right.

Its a game, its all about having fun. If you have fun this way, then go ahead, its the right thing.

I personally enjoyed a lot doing missions against all odds, the combat and experience for me was amazing back then.

But as I said, its all about having fun.

Keep doing what you like tenno, and have fun!

The other player is encouraging a good mindset, but "just try lol" can be a hard message to take in logically. Your goal is to complete the mission, and you might feel frustrated if you fail to do so, so why would you risk feeling frustrated if the entire point of playing the game is to have fun? If there's a chance of failure, you shouldn't risk it, but no logical mind will ever think that there's absolutely no chance of failure, so you'll be waiting forever for something that will never happen, and you end up never doing the thing. This can be summed up with the saying "Perfect is the enemy of Done."

I've dealt with this a lot in Ranked modes and Raids in other games; modes where individual failure can be a pain for the whole team. I usually avoid these modes, but every time I've done them, I find that the fear of failure motivates me to do my best, not make any mistakes that people would flame me for, and overall just have a fun and engaging experience. While the doomsday scenarios seem like they're based in a thoughtful overview of your loadout, skill, and whatever factors you conjure up, you will never be able to accurately predict the future, so you may as well just give it a shot and see if you can figure out why you're failing.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Lutesque:

Not at first....

At first you have no Endo and No Potatoes, no Arcanes and No Kuva Weapons.... It takes a while to get the necessary Equipment to Trivialize content... 

2 things that were mentioned in that other conversation: Corrupted Mods and Galvanized Mods.

While I have the majority of the former, I barely used them; I only had 2 cases where I put them on and bot frames are in my vault right now. The stat penalty always had put me off.

As for the latter; I couldn't be bothered to play enough Arbi to buy them.

And on another note; I really thought that my high crit/HM Soma P would do better than it actually does. Instead, I fpound myself relying on my crit-focused Paracesis with the boost from high combo counter.

vor einer Stunde schrieb (XBOX)Regxxh:

The other player is encouraging a good mindset, but "just try lol" can be a hard message to take in logically. Your goal is to complete the mission, and you might feel frustrated if you fail to do so, so why would you risk feeling frustrated if the entire point of playing the game is to have fun? If there's a chance of failure, you shouldn't risk it, but no logical mind will ever think that there's absolutely no chance of failure, so you'll be waiting forever for something that will never happen, and you end up never doing the thing. This can be summed up with the saying "Perfect is the enemy of Done."

I've dealt with this a lot in Ranked modes and Raids in other games; modes where individual failure can be a pain for the whole team. I usually avoid these modes, but every time I've done them, I find that the fear of failure motivates me to do my best, not make any mistakes that people would flame me for, and overall just have a fun and engaging experience. While the doomsday scenarios seem like they're based in a thoughtful overview of your loadout, skill, and whatever factors you conjure up, you will never be able to accurately predict the future, so you may as well just give it a shot and see if you can figure out why you're failing.

I get what you are saying. I am hesitant af tho. Using a portion of the time I have to play to do something taht in the end has no other results than to take up my time while not giving me anything worthwhile.

I also have a lot of hesitation to go into those high level activities with mods that give me stat penalties. It may seem odd to most others, but the thought of getting stats, no matter if they are important for the frame or not, does make me feel nervous about becoming an achilles heel of sorts, jeopardizing my success.

While I also play games that have ranked modes and raids (avid Destiny 2 player), I do skip over those parts and mostly stick to quickplay, solo and matchmade activities of low to middle difficulty. Mostly out of 2 factors: if an activity is meant for multiple players, but has no matchmaking, I skip on it because I have no friends in the game to ask and my own awkwardness make LFG an emotional problem for me; and should I find others to play high difficulty content with, my worry is always being the weak link, the one to be hard carried, dragging others down and generally being annoying to others.

6 hours ago, nslay said:

Oh, I have actually beat the entire Steel Path Star Chart solo!

You mean, Tier 4 Void Mobile Defense right? There's no Tier 4 Void Defense. Well guess what, if you didn't like Limbo to shield mobile defense consoles from grenades, you could also use Zephyr too! Really, it's not the bullets, it's the grenades.

Yea I know with Limbo and Zephyr this is good, but you were offering two frames that defend very little. Not sure what you mean by T4 Void Defense. I'm talking about Taranis and Belenus. Those are Void defense missions on Steel Path where enemies kill the objective really quickly. Doing that solo with Mesa or Khora is just a bad idea. Not saying it can't be done, but with the amount of damage enemies deal to the defense objective there's a good chance you're going to fail.

1 minute ago, RazerXPrime said:

Yea I know with Limbo and Zephyr this is good, but you were offering two frames that defend very little. Not sure what you mean by T4 Void Defense. I'm talking about Taranis and Belenus. Those are Void defense missions on Steel Path where enemies kill the objective really quickly. Doing that solo with Mesa or Khora is just a bad idea. Not saying it can't be done, but with the amount of damage enemies deal to the defense objective there's a good chance you're going to fail.

Bring an ancient eximus specter and kill them fast. You can do the same with speed nova. 

If you pop an ancient and have the right weapons, you shouldn't need a more defensive frame to solo SP defense. 

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Bring an ancient eximus specter and kill them fast. You can do the same with speed nova. 

If you pop an ancient and have the right weapons, you shouldn't need a more defensive frame to solo SP defense. 

Not sure if the ancient is going to make a difference in the void. Enemies deal 300% damage there. Defending an objective is already a challenge on SP due to damage scaling vs objective health. And Void is just really bad in this case. With the extra enemy spawns and the increased DPS, it's best to bring something that can make you get through it rather than taking a chance. But your use of "the right weapons" is also something to take into account. Not everyone has a Kuva Zarr or whatever people are toting now that's considered OP.

10 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Only Tier 4 Void has 300% damage. The scenario you described does not exist with the closest being Aten, Void (Mobile Defense)... which you don't even have to kill anything (because it's not Defense). There's no 300% damage Orokin/Void Defense mission.

Belanus and Taranis do not have the 300% damage multiplier. They're not Tier 4 Void missions (that bonus is exclusive to Aten, Void to Mot, Void branch).

Doing it with Khora is just fine. Learn more about how Khora works. Here's an example of Khora doing Steel Path Defense in Hydron:

Spoiler

Why does this work? Enemies trapped by Khora's Strangledom can't attack. Furthermore, the trapped enemies become targets for other enemies. The bullets are targeting trapped enemies and not the Defense objective. Do you want a video of Steel Path Belanus? It works exactly the same way.

This strategy works for Mobile Defense too. It's riskier for Aten, Void because grenades do 300% more damage there. And untrapped enemies will throw grenades toward trapped enemies.

Now while I use Mesa for normal Defense, I bet you that Mesa will do just fine in Steel Path Defense too.

vor 9 Stunden schrieb PollexMessier:

Steel path isn't too hard with the right tools

Limbo for any objective where you need to defend a target.
Vauban is also very good at this, and is objectively the best pick for Interception (just run around casting vortex on each tower. and flechette orb if you feel like it). But not great with defense objectives that have abysmally low health and can get one shot like excavators or kuva siphons in kuva survival.

You can do exterminate and capture with just about any frame as long as you can keep yourself from dying. Too many perfectly serviceable options to even try to list.
Same story for survival unless you actually wanna do longer runs then your frame matters.

Since you can pretty much entirely ignore enemies in spy, rescue, and most Sabotages there's little difference between steel path and normal for these. For the sabotage missions that require you to defend something like earth, jupiter, or void, refer back to limbo.

Trinity or wisp for Defection

Trinity or Hildrin for Hijack

Would highly recommend panzer vulpulphyla for your companion as most other companions will almost instantly die unless you have a very solid understanding of how to keep them alive at high levels.

Weapons are pretty much up to your discretion. There's a lot of good ones. Bramma with a corrosive build does an absurd amount of damage to acolites. I'm sure there's other weapons that do better against them. I'd suggest just looking up strategies to deal with acolites. Zenurick's temporal blast ability works on them but with a focus rework coming that might not be the case for very long.

Bosses are the hard part. What you use is largely going to be dependent on the boss you're fighting. But a good tanky frame is a solid start.

My Steel Path experience so far is limited to the 2 Exterminate missions on Earth. I have t´considered trying defense, but I feel widely ill prepared.

I did the missions with my Lich Hunter loadout: Wukong P, Soma P, Rattleguts, Paracesis. It worked, but I also had to put some work into it.

My grit/HM Soma was surprisingly ineffective at dealing with enemies and I had to main melee and combine the combo counter bonus with the high crit I modded the sword for.

I'm honestly not all that proficient in build crafting, yet i still wanna do all of my mods alone because I a) don't want someone else do my work for me and b) how am I supposed to learn the intricacies of mod setups if I let others do my work for me?

That said, I have all of the frames you mentioned, partially even the Prime versions. Tho my mod setups are mainly good for normal starchart missions

9 minutes ago, nslay said:

Only Tier 4 Void has 300% damage. The scenario you described does not exist with the closest being Aten, Void (Mobile Defense)... which you don't even have to kill anything (because it's not Defense). There's no 300% damage Orokin/Void Defense mission.

Belanus and Taranis do not have the 300% damage multiplier. They're not Tier 4 Void missions (that bonus is exclusive to Aten, Void to Mot, Void branch).

Doing it with Khora is just fine. Learn more about how Khora works. Here's an example of Khora doing Steel Path Defense in Hydron:

Reveal hidden contents

Why does this work? Enemies trapped by Khora's Strangledom can't attack. Furthermore, the trapped enemies become targets for other enemies. The bullets are targeting trapped enemies and not the Defense objective. Do you want a video of Steel Path Belanus? It works exactly the same way.

This strategy works for Mobile Defense too. It's riskier for Aten, Void because grenades do 300% more damage there. And untrapped enemies will throw grenades toward trapped enemies.

Now while I use Mesa for normal Defense, I bet you that Mesa will do just fine in Steel Path Defense too.

I don't know that seems like relying on the roller ball from Octavia drawing 100% fire, which it doesn't. It's unreliable. Which was my point. You're not wrong and it's doable. But since you made a claim that you can't fail and then propose unreliable methods I commented on that.  Not sure which mission I was doing, but I think it might have been the T4 mobile defense then. Enemies were litterally just oneshotting the objective. A stray bullet or grenade would be really bad.

Just now, RazerXPrime said:

I don't know that seems like relying on the roller ball from Octavia drawing 100% fire, which it doesn't. It's unreliable. Which was my point. You're not wrong and it's doable. But since you made a claim that you can't fail and then propose unreliable methods I commented on that.  Not sure which mission I was doing, but I think it might have been the T4 mobile defense then. Enemies were litterally just oneshotting the objective. A stray bullet or grenade would be really bad.

Yeah, sure, whatever. I've heard this about Revenant and Thralls too. You're wrong.

Archived