Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Host bailing on a Spy

AreeSoothsayer

I am getting tired of seeing a host migration when a alarm goes off and a timer is running out. Someone may have a time stopper or another person you didn't notice could solve it. All thrown into the garbage by a 5-15s host migration.

There should be a penalty for this kinda decker move.

How about don't set off the alarms in the first place? then people won't leave you.

No one likes to play with someone who can't do spy vaults, so its only natural to leave when someone sets off their alarm; to avoid getting matched with them again. I can't fault that sentiment.

if anyone should be penalized, its the one who screwed up.

4 hours ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

There should be a penalty for this kinda decker move.

Yeah we should totally punish people for leaving, especially in pubs when you totally know the person's reason for leaving.

Personally I would recommend running spy missions solo which solves both 1. the issue of host migration and 2. people being dumb and setting off the alarm.

2 hours ago, QuestWasTaken said:

Yeah we should totally punish people for leaving, especially in pubs when you totally know the person's reason for leaving.

Personally I would recommend running spy missions solo which solves both 1. the issue of host migration and 2. people being dumb and setting off the alarm.

So glad you agree. =p

I figure a lock on the spy node in question, until the day turns.

some spy missions are hard, or impossible, for some people. (*cough*Uranus*coughcough*bloodymoon)

1 hour ago, AreeSoothsayer said:

some spy missions are hard, or impossible, for some people. (*cough*Uranus*coughcough*bloodymoon)

I'm not sure what else you want me to tell you. If you mess up an objective it makes sense that people might not want to stay in your mission.

If you want to make an argument that some of the spy vaults are too hard and should be reworked, that's an entirely seperate issue - and one I'd agree with you on. However, you don't get to force people to stay in a mission if they don't want to. It simply is not going to happen.

Il y a 2 heures, AreeSoothsayer a dit :

So glad you agree. =p

I figure a lock on the spy node in question, until the day turns.

It's hard to penalyze people for leaving a mission like this. There are already penalties for people who leave missions very often. We cannot know why they are leaving : they can have some legitimate reasons.

Any Spy mission can be easily done solo. Lua is extremely easy, you just need to look around and find the best way to hack the console. On Lua you have many lures and traps that make you lose time with useless things.

The same goes for Uranus. At the beginning, we find it hard, but when we find the best way to do it, it become so easy. And this is true for every Spy mission in the game.

8 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

How about don't set off the alarms in the first place? then people won't leave you.

No one likes to play with someone who can't do spy vaults, so its only natural to leave when someone sets off their alarm; to avoid getting matched with them again. I can't fault that sentiment.

if anyone should be penalized, its the one who screwed up.

A lot of vaults are just straight up easier if you blitz through the sensors and ignore trying to avoid tripping the alarm

It's not the funnest way to do it but it's certainly the fastest. One vault in particular I just refuse to do any other way because it's just that annoying, the grineer conveyor belt vault, and I love spy missions. that one is just awful, and you can literally walk through a laser grid at the start, hack a door, and be at the terminal.

I also typically just void dash up the grineer sealab vault that has raisable water level, and through the huge barrier at the top. Cus skirting around the drones' line of sight is just annoying when I can trigger the alarm and be right next to the terminal in 2 seconds instead. That vault shows the terminal at the bottom of an elevator shaft with a fake grineer lancer interacting with it before it's sent up to the top. You can beat it up there, watch the terminal come up, and the lancer de-spawn if you ignore the intended rout and just shoot up there.

The undetected affinity isn't worth making the mission take twice as long.

Probably best to just solo spy and learn how to do them though. Public spy is awful.

3 hours ago, PollexMessier said:

It's not the funnest way to do it but it's certainly the fastest. One vault in particular I just refuse to do any other way because it's just that annoying, the grineer conveyor belt vault, and I love spy missions. that one is just awful, and you can literally walk through a laser grid at the start, hack a door, and be at the terminal.

sure its faster to walk through - but only by a couple of seconds.  
Without tripping alarms, Enter room, turn right through hole, go straight up  through pipe, then straight down and you're in the room.

On 2022-04-07 at 1:28 PM, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

To my understanding tripping the alarms effects the drop table.

14 hours ago, Lutesque said:

It doesn't....

I mean, failing a vault removes one of the three rewards at the end of the mission. Setting off the alarm also gives you less affinity which can be very annoying.

And then there's sorties, which nine times out of ten is the reason I would be leaving a spy mission.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

you do realize that I edited my post before you responded right?

Indeed I do....

7 hours ago, QuestWasTaken said:

I mean, failing a vault removes one of the three rewards at the end of the mission. Setting off the alarm also gives you less affinity which can be very annoying.

And then there's sorties, which nine times out of ten is the reason I would be leaving a spy mission.

My comment was referring to the to The Affinity....just the Vault Reward itself....

Archived