Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equipment Used% stat and specters

DrakeWurrum

I wanted to share something I discovered on my own, in case the community at large was not already aware...

You know that absolutely-useless stat in your in-game profile's Equipment section, showing the "Used" value by percentage (seemingly by actual hours equipped in a mission) that most people just.... kind have to ignore? Specters apparently contribute to this number!

The reason I realized this is that I previously had plain old Volt (NOT Prime) as my most used frame, sitting a bit over 12%. I had Excalibur showing as my second most used, sitting a little over 11% the last time I actually looked at it. Neither Volt nor Excalibur are in my inventory, and have not been for *YEARS*.
This past week Excalibur suddenly pushed past Volt and is now showing as my most used. How can that be? It makes no sense! Since I don't have him in my inventory to actually equip anymore, and my total hours played keeps going up, his "Used" value should be slowly shrinking. But now it's showing at 12.2%! It went UP?!
Volt, meanwhile, is at a flat 12% - so that number is slowly shrinking as expected.

This has been driving me mad, but I finally figured it out. My common specter loadout still uses normal Excalibur! I've stubbornly left it that way as an homage to the first Warframe I played from the beginning. It's the ONLY explanation that makes any sense.

While I doubt I'll ever really arrange my "most used frames" list in the Equipment section in a way I'd like, I think it's time I change my specter loadout....
(why the hell we can't manually select our "favorite equipment" for the profile is beyond me)

55 minutes ago, Voltage said:

This applies to weapons too. Clem Clones give Twin Grakata stats for example.

The profile is showing its age.

That's especially nuts!

It's definitely time for them to update how the profile shows stats and make it a bit more customizable. If I can customize my Steam profile, surely I can customize one in-game....

It's too engrain into everybody's stats to do anything about it now. I notice this when DE gave out personal stats a few years back. Most used frame for me was Rhino Prime. Okay, I can see that as a possiblility. Most used melee Galatine Prime. Now here's the problem. Galatine Prime isn't equip on any of my Loadouts. But on my most used Vapor Specter it is. And there was a time where the game bugged out when I had more than 200 Vapor Specter equipped allowing me to use it without consuming the item. I dropped that specter in every mission I jumped into. 

5 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

It'd be pretty funny if specter stats are throwing off DE's dispo calculations in any appreciable way.

Soon everyone will be running Yareli with MK weapons and Skana.

I bet after a while DE will be thinking why everyone uses Skana/Mk-weapons?! And soon Specter problem would be fixed.

2 hours ago, BDT_Flames said:

Nope Wrongs,just see where use more % on your warframe and weapons,compnion,archwing,archgun,amp 

1244.png

I'm not understanding what you're saying due to grammar that makes no sense to me. It's possible you're not understanding me.

I'm simply demonstrating that the Use value under your gear is actually affected by what Specter loadouts you use in addition to what gear you actually equip. Someone replying mentioned that even Clem's Twin Grakatas will affect it (which makes sense, considering how high that weapon is for me when I barely use them).

Most of us long-time players have "most used" stats that make absolutely no sense because, with how many years we've played and hours we've put in, older kits that are no longer really worth using (but once were used extensively, especially when we were still new and inexperienced and the game was younger with different mechanics) will still have a large number of hours accrued relative to our total playtime.

It's extremely rare for anyone to have an account showing Catchmoon as most used, for example.

3 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

It's extremely rare for anyone to have an account showing Catchmoon as most used, for example.

You did not play-Before half year play more catcmon secondary on Sortie and  normal mission no equipment for primary and detect  (Primary Catchmoon)

I nope Primary catchmoon.Play more with Acceltra nad Bramma but nope High %

Yes. it does not work. I don't want to see a char and secondary from 2013/2014. other warframes and weapons have more kills! better would be "most kills" and not "time used".
and specter (or do you mean railjack crew?) is another construction site. most players in publics can't keep up with railjack crew. damage with super fast reload is impressive.

Honestly, if you're a long-time player, the player stats are essentially borked and not accurate in the slightest.

Example of absurdities:

• My 2ND most used frame is regular Ash (13.7% usage), 19 Million XP. He has 2053 kills (That's like four missions worth of kills). He's been deleted from my account ever since I got Ash Prime. Meanwhile my 3RD is Nova Prime (5.1% Usage) 198 Million XP, she has 39000 Kills. I litterally use Speed Nova everytime I have to level up new gear for the last 6 years. Sure, that makes sense , right !
  • My lvl 30 Atlas Prime has .... 1 Kill. Caliban Has 20. Don't even understand how you can get a frame to lvl 30 and not get at least 1000 kills.
  • Paris Prime is apparently my most used primary. I have 27K kills with it, and I litterally haven't used it once in like 6 years (quickly moved to Dread / Rakta Cernos / Bramma over the years) . All the other weapons in the top ten have more kills that my Paris Prime (Ex: My Kuva Bramma has 70K kills), and I've used it nonstop for like two years.
  • My fourth most used secondary is the "Regular Kunai". 1 Million XP earned and 2330 kills with it. My Fifth is Pyrana Prime with 40 Million XP and 18K kills.

I could go on and one and on, but the jest of it, nothing is accurate when it comes to these lists.

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Stealth_Cobra said:

Don't even understand how you can get a frame to lvl 30 and not get at least 1000 kills.

Other than leeching, the biggest reason for that is if you're making most of your kills with weapons.    Kills only get assigned to one category.   So I've got extremely low kills on Harrow, despite him being my 5th most used frame.  

There are some oddities with the stats though.  Like, I'm not sure why I have any kills on Harrow, since I've never injected a damage ability onto him.  It's probably from something like getting a damage aura from another frame.

20 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

Yes. it does not work. I don't want to see a char and secondary from 2013/2014. other warframes and weapons have more kills! better would be "most kills" and not "time used".
and specter (or do you mean railjack crew?) is another construction site. most players in publics can't keep up with railjack crew. damage with super fast reload is impressive.

No, I'm referring to regular Specters. You get their blueprints from Rescue missions. Remember those? You can craft them with a loadout of basic equipment. Their loadout counts towards your equipment. It doesn't matter if they do good damage or not, they count as you having the weapon equipped for the "Used" value.

The Profile is THAT badly designed.

18 hours ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

https://www.warframe.com/anniversary#statCard

We got some interesing stats on this page guys. 

Yikes, that's even less accurate!

3 hours ago, DrakeWurrum said:

No, I'm referring to regular Specters. You get their blueprints from Rescue missions. Remember those? You can craft them with a loadout of basic equipment. Their loadout counts towards your equipment. It doesn't matter if they do good damage or not, they count as you having the weapon equipped for the "Used" value.

The Profile is THAT badly designed.

Yikes, that's even less accurate!

LOL! I know right. I was looking for the older page that shows more about a player's account. But couldn't find it. I remember it had stats like when the account was created. How long the playtime is. Number of login days. Stuff like that with equipment usage.

8 hours ago, (PSN)jaggerwanderer said:

LOL! I know right. I was looking for the older page that shows more about a player's account. But couldn't find it. I remember it had stats like when the account was created. How long the playtime is. Number of login days. Stuff like that with equipment usage.

It looks like they updated the old one to the 9-year-anniversary one you linked on that same URL. Shame, that.

Archived