Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The irony of the eximus rework

DreisterDino

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

Ignoring the anti-cc (a stupid change) and in some cases questionable aura mechanics, the rework was supposed to encourage the use of the operator to 'remove the overshields' yet the irony is that the overshield scaling basically stops us from doing that (especailly at higher levels) so we just end up using 'meta gear' to kill them, albeit a little slower than before.

I didn't need a 'challenge' in warframe, thats not why I play warframe, but in all honesty removing cc and adding something that is basically a bullet sponge is not a challenge... it's arguably not as fun as before either.

It is a bit less fun if I am in the mood to be CC focused, the eximus changes haven't kept me from playing, but they have discouraged me from playing some frames and setups that I used to use for the sake of variety. And not only have they failed in forcing me to use my operator more they have succeed in making the game less appealing for my friend to play since he is a lower MR and has less kit and options.

I talked him in to playing again just before the update. He had been away from the game for over 2 years so its little wonder that the new Eximus units have been giving him nothing but grief when leveling up new weapons and frames.  

All in all I think the eximus changes need more work as they are a net negative as they stand now.

1 hour ago, Vindicta_Necis said:

All in all I think the eximus changes need more work as they are a net negative as they stand now.

Honestly, I'd say the majority of the update has been a net negative for me....

Operator changes mean operators are now worse than before (outside of health buff 'fix' last week), the focus rework is basically additional grind rather than a 'fair refund', angels is bug riddled and grindy (and not a good kind either)....eximus, not the worst of it but it does make you wish that DE actually played the game like we do before making changes for 'changes sake' because we picked up most of the issues before they were even released.

10 hours ago, Surbusken said:

I am just asking for meaningful gameplay, 'fun' by any means necessary.

Disabling the game is not that.

When you click fire, the game has to respond. If you can't click a button and something happens, it disqualified itself as a video game on the most fundamental level.

A movie with no pictures. A dinner with no food.

I agree when you click fire it should work. K so we’re on the same page, but what’s this have to do with warframe?

Tell me how this relates to warframe because unless it’s a bug with a gun I think I got your message.

vor 22 Stunden schrieb Hypernaut1:

Steel Path shouldve catered to players that want a challenge. Star chart for everyone else. 

The problem is also that its ALWAYS the vocal minority that complains about something. Forums just had a deluge of "DE cant design a challenging game" post before the update, People that were fine with the difficulty were silent. Now thats its challenging, those people want to speak up and call it cheesy. The only way DE can even attempt to make everyone happy is by making SP the optional, yet rewarding place for hardcore players, scale much higher/faster than the star chart. Keep the rest of the game easy for players that want an easy time. Either that or DE needs to just ignore feedback and create the game they want to play, sometimes the "we listen to all feedback" mantra is a double edged sword and people tend to complain more than try to deal with issues. 

Completely agree, especially about the last part. I sometimes have the feeling that DE has an idea, releases it but isnt "confident" enough to stick to their vision as soon as critic comes up and then they try to find some sort of compromise that wants to please everyone (which rarely, if it all works). Current example for this is Voidsling from my point of view: They wanted to create something thats more controllable and obviously different to Voiddash. They clearly had a vision for it.

And what did happen in the last 2 weeks? They released it, it clearly was different to Voiddash, but it also had it problems (bugs, things that needed tweaking). And many people complained about it being slower. While there was some bugfixing, i feel like DE quickly "forgot" what their Vision was for Voidsling, they didnt make the necessary tweaks first and instead tried to appease everyone who preferes Voiddash and wants more speed. Did that work out for them? I dunno, but i feel like once again, we are in some sort of compromise that doesnt really satisfy no side of the spectrum.

What i find funny is that DE doesnt get tired of mentioning that they want reasonable feedback, and that haters or toxic people wont get listened to. I have seen lots of reasonable feedback and suggestions to improve Voidsling while sticking with the new approach (like aimglide between slings, better visibility of the indicator while aiming). Granted, aimglide might not that easy and quick to implement, but increasing the visibility of the indicator? Whats so hard about that? But no, they need to start with making sling faster and while i was open to Voidsling at first, it developes to truly just be a slower and clunkier Voiddash. And why? Because of reasonable feedback? Have a look at the forums and other platforms and decide for yourself 😉

Long digression about Voidsling, but it simply came to my mind.

I hope that regarding the Eximus rework DE takes a step and decides how the Feedback they got works with their Vision and how it can be implemented. At the same time, i expect some kneejerk reactions like a general debuff to Eximus across the whole board while quickly adding these new Arcanes and the extra Slot (i have no doubt they will come to "fix" operators, doesnt matter that everyone says it bad in this case).

I im Legendary 2  . I have other account on my girl  (niece) .20 MR is not probelm 

More players  nope  Spetcial Arcanes ,rivens for some weapons  Primary/Secondary/Melee  for stack  and build on spetcial weapons (Kuva,Tenet) and top Warframe 

Solo

Eximus is strong .Today now play on (Kuva Fortress) Exterminate Reqiem Relics  level (60-70) - kill 147 

I see 12 Eximus  kil 11 + 1 missed for extraction  for  total 2,47 min (Use Inaros + Nukor Magnetic 60%)  

Squad

Now see in squad  population is more and slow play for Strong Eximus -some players die

Cheese:

"The Big Players-Cheese to 9999 lv" . have all in equip  and rivens from 2-5k Platinum -nope social life

and say "I kill all pls up high hard level on Eximus"  -and does not comply with community (narcissus)

49 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

I hope that regarding the Eximus rework DE takes a step and decides how the Feedback they got works with their Vision and how it can be implemented. At the same time, i expect some kneejerk reactions like a general debuff to Eximus across the whole board while quickly adding these new Arcanes and the extra Slot (i have no doubt they will come to "fix" operators, doesnt matter that everyone says it bad in this case).

if they add an extra slot, whats the point? It'll turn into another SP where theres practically no difference in challenge because our arsenal was buffed immensley. 

16 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

arsenal was buffed immensley. 

Improved-  "Phenmor,laetum?. Player with very weak rank without some weapons and no cpmplete  Poe/Fortuna (Amp) in Zariman area = fail/die 

De- they did that 

On 2022-04-28 at 11:33 AM, DreisterDino said:

I spent some time scolling through the forums since release, unsurprisingly opinions differ on every aspect of the Update.

Regarding the Eximus-rework, we have both users that say they could be buffed even more while others say they are way too strong now and should be nerfed again. Its just another iteration of the usual debate regarding difficulty in Warframe. This is nothing new, those two camps always existed. So what makes it different this time? For the most part the two camps are this:

• lower level players: Eximus are too hard now
  • higher level players: dont notice a difference

The conclusion of the survey this year for me was that both camps (pro-difficulty and contra difficulty) are big enough to be worth being considered and that DE has the task to find a way to please both camps. Actually, i was optimistic that the Eximus-rework could be something that actually pleases both camps before it has been released. The irony of it all is that they managed to somehow displease both camps instead the way it was implemented.

• lower level players who dont want more difficulty: got more difficulty
  • higher level players who want more difficulty: didnt get more difficulty

I already see both camps starting to fight again over this topic and basically blame each other, but if you ask me there is absolutely no point in doing so. Instead both camps should maybe try to enforce adjustments from DE that do the exact opposite of what i described above, so lessen the impact on low levels and increase it on high levels.

I don't think adjustments are needed because both camps are the extremities of each other and some are just plain lying. From my interactions in pub, a lot of players are having fun with them (except the energy drain dude).

As a chill style vet, I think the Eximus units are outstanding!! They have caused me to rethink some cool loadouts and I have much more fun mixing my operator and warframe usage up in order to handle the Eximus units while setting the tone of the field. If I see the telegraph attack too late then a break into my operator. Otherwise, dodge and destroy! It's refreshing fun that I think would be a huge waste if DE decides to dial them down.

I could not agree more with the OP, and what's frustrated me with discussion of the Eximus rework on these forums is that many players have adopted this myopic position that only takes into account one end of the scale, usually the higher end. There is no contradiction between the new Eximus units being too difficult for newer players, and being just as trivial as they were before to veteran players; what that simply shows is that these new enemies are balanced around excessively high base stats and insufficient scaling. Reducing the base stats of Eximus units and increasing their scaling could satisfy all parties involved, given the right numbers, as those enemies would no longer be as bad to deal with at low levels, yet could become properly tough at higher levels (or at least tougher than they are now).

The only issue is how low is too low for the challenge. Some players can progress while under geared and are carried a long way before they start to upgrade seriously. Eximus below lvl 50 should be manageable but by lvl 50 or sortie lvl, eximus should be less forgiving. The game should gently say "its time to use forma". 

On 2022-04-28 at 1:33 PM, DreisterDino said:

I spent some time scolling through the forums since release, unsurprisingly opinions differ on every aspect of the Update.

Regarding the Eximus-rework, we have both users that say they could be buffed even more while others say they are way too strong now and should be nerfed again. Its just another iteration of the usual debate regarding difficulty in Warframe. This is nothing new, those two camps always existed. So what makes it different this time? For the most part the two camps are this:

• lower level players: Eximus are too hard now
  • higher level players: dont notice a difference

The conclusion of the survey this year for me was that both camps (pro-difficulty and contra difficulty) are big enough to be worth being considered and that DE has the task to find a way to please both camps. Actually, i was optimistic that the Eximus-rework could be something that actually pleases both camps before it has been released. The irony of it all is that they managed to somehow displease both camps instead the way it was implemented.

• lower level players who dont want more difficulty: got more difficulty
  • higher level players who want more difficulty: didnt get more difficulty

I already see both camps starting to fight again over this topic and basically blame each other, but if you ask me there is absolutely no point in doing so. Instead both camps should maybe try to enforce adjustments from DE that do the exact opposite of what i described above, so lessen the impact on low levels and increase it on high levels.

My issue is that certain playstyles are effected by the eximus changes way more than others. At least as far as i can tell, i havent had a lot of time to play since the new update. I havent done steel path since update. So maybe im missing something.

If your playstyle is use a squishy frame that relies on CC for survivability it seems like eximus units are suddenly more of a big deal. Not insurmountably so but, okay. CC immunity is suddenly a thing. 

If your playstyle is tank/aoe spam etc or youre using a frame like mesa it seems to not matter. 

It seems like an indirect nerf to certain frames and almost irrelevant to others.

Archived