Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

why melee incarnon is so damn waste?

ToKeSia

I just saw melee incarnon, its options like trash options in riven and not unique unlike those gun incarnon , DE can u do better than this ? i expected many things from melee incarnon but when i saw it . . . i have no words at all. It like u bring unused things and mixed together into melee incarnon.

43 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

What are the bonus options for each evolution?

Level 1 : need 5x combo and use heavy attack to activate Incarnon form

Level 2 

option 1 : +50% Slam radius

option 2 : +20% Attack speed

option 3 : +20% Sprint speed , +20% Slide

Level 3

option 1 : for each enemy hits by Slam radius , gain 4 combo count

option 2 : +1.5m Slide attack range

option 3 : +15 Initial Combo

Level 4

option 1 : Change from reach 5x > 3x combo to activate Incarnon form

option 2 :  +30% parkout velocity

option 3 : Increase double jump strength by +100%

Level 5

option 1 : On Slide Kill: +50% heavy attack efficiency for 30s

option 2 : +100% Heavy attack wind up speed

option 3 : Collecting ammo grants 5 Melee combo counter

pretty bad, unlike those guns. why de ? why u tried to force heavy attack / slide / utlity into tonfa weapon which focused on combo build ? @[DE]Megan , or u can just put whatever into melee then just released and forgot ? You also nerfed slide attack long time ago , did u forget ? Without any buff or change for many years towards those builds, do you think ppl will just pickup these options ?

12 minutes ago, ToKeSia said:

Level 1 : need 5x combo and use heavy attack to activate Incarnon form

Level 2 

option 1 : +50% Slam radius

option 2 : +20% Attack speed

option 3 : +20% Sprint speed , +20% Slide

Level 3

option 1 : for each enemy hits by Slam radius , gain 4 combo count

option 2 : +1.5m Slide attack range

option 3 : +15 Initial Combo

Level 4

option 1 : Change from reach 5x > 3x combo to activate Incarnon form

option 2 :  +30% parkout velocity

option 3 : Increase double jump strength by +100%

Level 5

option 1 : On Slide Kill: +50% heavy attack efficiency for 30s

option 2 : +100% Heavy attack wind up speed

option 3 : Collecting ammo grants 5 Melee combo counter

pretty bad, unlike those guns. why de ? why u tried to force heavy attack / slide / utlity into tonfa weapon which focused on combo build ? @[DE]Megan , or u can just put whatever into melee then just released and forgot ? You also nerfed slide attack long time ago , did u forget ? Without any buff or change for many years towards those builds, do you think ppl will just pickup these options ?

There are some interesting things here TBH.

The +15 initial combo paired with Corrupt Charge means you always have 3x combo multiplier.

The option to change incarnon form requirement to only 3x combo means you can activate incarnon whenever you want/need it

And the final option of 100% heavy attack wind up speed could potentially be very useful

I'm also not against the +20% sprint and slide option

Melee weapons really don't need much extra damage and this thing seems fully kitted out to be a great option for heavy attack loadouts.

What are the incarnon evolution's stats/gimmicks? 

12 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

The +15 initial combo paired with Corrupt Charge means you always have 3x combo multiplier.

The option to change incarnon form requirement to only 3x combo means you can activate incarnon whenever you want/need it

And the final option of 100% heavy attack wind up speed could potentially be very useful

Melee weapons really don't need much extra damage and this thing seems fully kitted out to be a great option for heavy attack loadouts.

What are the incarnon evolution's stats/gimmicks? 

i saw a vid and apparently it can only be up for 90 seconds and has across the board worse stats than the Kronen prime.

the incarnon mode only gives reach aswell.

8 hours ago, (NSW)Vampire_Mika said:

i saw a vid and apparently it can only be up for 90 seconds and has across the board worse stats than the Kronen prime.

the incarnon mode only gives reach aswell.

I see the criticism that Kronen Prime is better but Praedos heavy attack build seems fully viable. That extra 2 meters range on the incarnon form is certainly useful. 

The incarnon mode does seem permanently available when using corrupt charge.

I disagree with the guy in the video that the weapon is "not worth it" simply because it doesn't set the bar higher than some of the best weapons available. Kronen Prime has been a top tier weapon since its release. Praedus is only slightly worse with its base stats and slightly better with its extra utility (2m range, sprint speed etc.). Seems like a perfectly viable weapon to me. 

Youtube plebs gotta go dramatic for teh viewz. 

12 hours ago, ToKeSia said:

I just saw melee incarnon, its options like trash options in riven and not unique unlike those gun incarnon , DE can u do better than this ? i expected many things from melee incarnon but when i saw it . . . i have no words at all. It like u bring unused things and mixed together into melee incarnon.

Sure, guns get 2nd mode... but it's like:

- nerf basic form

- introduce "alternate form"

- introduce challenges/grind

- profit

PS. Laetum seems strong enough weapon in incarnon mode.

10 hours ago, Leqesai said:

To be honest lots of stuffs are just "more damage" or just weak (not tested so I may change mind).

Initial combo is just for faster gaining more damage or incarnon form.

100% is for making heavies more usable.

Sprint & slide speed  - is it even "good enough"? It's just 20%.

+30% parkour velocity.... where every kind of thing could increase your parkour distance:

- mod: amalgam mod

- helminth: infused ability

- Arcane agility

Even your parazon has +n for mobility..

Ways to decrease parkours (e.g. rolls):

- hold block

One thing that isn't damage-oriented, isn't used by other gears/abilities is +100% jump strength. It was kind of nice boost for jump.

Here I posted about this issue (more or less):

If evolving it would give a additive 10% CC and SC to base stats then the excitement of a new weapon would be there, right now the looks are the only thing going for it. Kronen prime looks pretty darn good on top of being top tier, Praedus definitely needs a little buff for how costly it is to make

The weapon is bad. It exists for 2 reasons:

1. Getting the other 2 weapons to rank 5
  2. Parkour stat stick

If you're going to use it for damage, there are much better options for both melee, and heavy attacks

Frankly, I'm surprised they didn't borrow from Excal's Exalted Blade and the Quassus mechanics and have the heavy attacks launch some kind of ranged, punch-through projectile. Or two of them, one per tonfa.

On 2022-05-01 at 1:52 PM, Leqesai said:

I see the criticism that Kronen Prime is better but Praedos heavy attack build seems fully viable. That extra 2 meters range on the incarnon form is certainly useful. 

The incarnon mode does seem permanently available when using corrupt charge.

I disagree with the guy in the video that the weapon is "not worth it" simply because it doesn't set the bar higher than some of the best weapons available. Kronen Prime has been a top tier weapon since its release. Praedus is only slightly worse with its base stats and slightly better with its extra utility (2m range, sprint speed etc.). Seems like a perfectly viable weapon to me. 

Youtube plebs gotta go dramatic for teh viewz. 

have you seen the guns. Which don’t require rank 4 standing. 50% chance of 2000 times more damage on non critical hits applied after after everything else. Which is mathematically equivalent to 100% of 500% extra damage on every shot of build the gun right. In comparison this weapon that requires more grind and is less meta receives less of a boost. You can basically spin to win the gun. With basically limitless range. And I like the guns  a lot. Please don’t nerf them. I just want a melee equally as good and not perfect viable ( mediocre) which is bad considering the amount of investment the weapon is locked behind 

Archived