Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rivens: Don't put 2 same stat as positive & negative option

quxier

Surprised how many clueless people there are when it comes to this. 
Read the wording again. I will cut it into pieces for you.

-44.7% chance to gain +1 to your combo multiplier on a hit.

+56.9% chance to gain an additional +1 combo count IF you gain +1 combo count.

Note: You don't always gain +1 combo on a hit, combo is based off of damage multiplier and stance combo used. The +1 is simply to make the example easier to understand.

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

Those are not the same stat though.

When you hit enemies, you have a 55.3% chance to gain any Combo at all,
and only if you gain any, will you then have a 56.9% chance to gain additional Combo.

Oh, I didn't grasp this distinction when I suggested a bug report. 

However I think they're still so similar that they shouldn't spawn together. Especially since the negative can  directly erase the positive.

1 hour ago, LillyRaccune said:

RIP. With neg 100% chance to gain a combo, I have exactly zero chance to bank on the plus 70% additional combo counter chance.

You probably know this already, but Quickening doesn't help either, despite having slightly different wording.  True Punishment and Enduring Strike, same issue.  Maybe there's an arcane or operator source of "+ Chance to Gain Combo Count" that I'm not thinking of?  Otherwise "-% Chance to Gain Combo Count" is a negative that can't be directly built around, unlike any other riven affix.

12 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

Those are not the same stat though.

When you hit enemies, you have a 55.3% chance to gain any Combo at all,
and only if you gain any, will you then have a 56.9% chance to gain additional Combo.

Oh, that's explain why they are both in the same riven. Thank you for explanation.

12 hours ago, IAmBananaCat said:

Note: You don't always gain +1 combo on a hit, combo is based off of damage multiplier and stance combo used. The +1 is simply to make the example easier to understand.

Sometimes this game use stuffs differently. Sometimes you can have "negative" stats and sometimes not. I'm not only one in this topic that understand it that way... so there is something not great about it.

13 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

You probably know this already, but Quickening doesn't help either, despite having slightly different wording.  True Punishment and Enduring Strike, same issue.  Maybe there's an arcane or operator source of "+ Chance to Gain Combo Count" that I'm not thinking of?  Otherwise "-% Chance to Gain Combo Count" is a negative that can't be directly built around, unlike any other riven affix.

No I didn't know that, I was thinking of rolling it anyway. That's kind of a deal breaker if there's no way to counteract the riven. I wonder if Guardian Derision has any effect? GuardianDerisionMod.png

1 hour ago, LillyRaccune said:

I wonder if Guardian Derision has any effect?

I just checked, and nope.  Same with Relentless Combination.  and  Landslide and Ash's Blade Storm augment.  Seems like combo gain is disabled entirely.

The two exodia arcanes I can't confirm, although I'd be surprised if they work.

20 hours ago, quxier said:

I've just gotten:

20 hours ago, quxier said:

+56.9% Additional Combo Count Chance
-44.7% Chance to gain Combo Count

+69.5% Heavy attack efficiency

So Basically all you are getting is Heavy Attack Efficiency....for a Drain of 18 Capacity while Reflex Coil only drains 7 Capacity 😝.

19 hours ago, quxier said:

RIVEN-ghoulsaw.png

Embed 😭 !! 

18 hours ago, IAmBananaCat said:

Yeah I still don't get it...sorry...

16 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Maybe there's an arcane or operator source of "+ Chance to Gain Combo Count" that I'm not thinking of?

You mean Opening Slam ?

18 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Yeah I still don't get it...sorry...

Every melee has 100% to get 1 combo on hit.

-44.7% Chance to gain Combo Count

Decreases that chance to 55.3%. So it means not every hit gives me combo (more or less 1 combo gain per 2 hits - not very precise but I don't want to go to talk about probabilities).

If I had

+100% Chance to gain Combo Count

That would mean that I get 2 combos per 1 hit (200% chance).

On 2022-05-19 at 11:30 PM, quxier said:

+56.9% Additional Combo Count Chance

According from other posters:

For example you have 200% Chance to gain combo. That means you get 1 combo from 100% + 1 additional combo from another 100%. You are getting 2 combos. "Additional combo count chance" tells me how many more combo I will gain. +100% ACCC means I will get 1 + 2 additional combos per hit. +200% ACCC means I will get 1 + 3 combos per hit.

2 minutes ago, quxier said:

Every melee has 100% to get 1 combo on hit.

Decreases that chance to 55.3%. So it means not every hit gives me combo (more or less 1 combo gain per 2 hits - not very precise but I don't want to go to talk about probabilities).

If I had

That would mean that I get 2 combos per 1 hit (200% chance).

According from other posters:

For example you have 200% Chance to gain combo. That means you get 1 combo from 100% + 1 additional combo from another 100%. You are getting 2 combos. "Additional combo count chance" tells me how many more combo I will gain. +100% ACCC means I will get 1 + 2 additional combos per hit. +200% ACCC means I will get 1 + 3 combos per hit.

I find it really difficult to understand the way you type in General...

Archived