Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why did DE neglect the sentients?

_Euphoria_

Ever since playing TNW, I cant help but keep thinking why DE chose not to give the sentients any well deserved tilesets and mission nodes.

I mean sentients are these mechanical bug shaped alien race with menacing yet beautifuk architecture, in a space sci fi game… YES GIVE ME MORE PLEASE. And TNW update about the long awaited big sentient invasion was the perfect time for it imo. 
     But DE said no. Why? I really wonder what went through their minds when they said nah to the sentients. I just want justice to my beloved cool looking alien bugs. Maybe we’ll see them in Tau system, but that isnt exactly a high probability either.

what are your thoughts?

We did get the Orphix Venom event as a "mission node", but nothing particularly fancy like a dedicated planet

It's probably to keep their faction obscure, or we only encounter Murex battleships in small amounts in Railjack because they were still travelling. And the story progressed in a direction where it didn't end in a replayable planet, probably because that would imply an ongoing New War rather than concluding Ballas' story

And now the story has shifted focus to something that follows up to post-New War, so right now probably isn't even the right time to be expecting sentient content. Still a few loose ends, though, so I'd actually expect something later

52 minutes ago, Pakaku said:

We did get the Orphix Venom event as a "mission node", but nothing particularly fancy like a dedicated planet

It's probably to keep their faction obscure, or we only encounter Murex battleships in small amounts in Railjack because they were still travelling. And the story progressed in a direction where it didn't end in a replayable planet, probably because that would imply an ongoing New War rather than concluding Ballas' story

And now the story has shifted focus to something that follows up to post-New War, so right now probably isn't even the right time to be expecting sentient content. Still a few loose ends, though, so I'd actually expect something later

There could be mission nodes on Praghasa, mothership. It could be controlled by the said new leader of Narmer, stirring up trouble 

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)Shodian said:

Well when you think about it, the sentients were invading us in their ships. There's probably going to be a tile set in the future as we see part of it in the Murex but there was no point in having one right now.

Considering DE has moved on to zariman and void, duviri stuff I fear “İn the future” might be years later

We do have a dedicated sentient tileset, and personally it's my favorite one - the Murex ships. It's just criminally under-used. 

Also, I'm fairly certain we have not nearly begun to see the last of the sentients. While he might seemingly be trapped in uranus, let's not forget that Hunhow is not our friend, and TNW proves that DE hasn't forgotten him either

11 hours ago, _Euphoria_ said:

what are your thoughts?

they got done kinda dirty and the war lasted about 5 seconds before Ballas and Erra started slapping their golden buckets on people's heads. I cna understand them getting a total victory, sure; they're a formidable force... so why was Narmer and the sentient threat almost erased to extinction after New War when they are supposed to be even bigger than the Grineer and Corpus combined? at the very least we should have gotten a few Sentient-only nodes in the Veil, if not a full Proxima or tileset.

spoilers ahead BTW:

Spoiler

I'd like to think that there are still sentients dwelling within the wreckage of the murexes dotted throughout the system, but who's going to lead them now? Erra is likely dead, but even if he's alive, he turned against the Sentients in the end to defy Ballas, so the Sentients would never allow him to lead. Hunhow is still stuck at the bottom of the Ocean on Uranus, and already got rekt twice, Physically in Second Dream and Digitally in Octavia's Anthem. Praghasa is gone and Natah/Lotus is back on our side, so short of literally pulling a new Sentient baddie out of thin air, I don't see how they can recoup their losses and become a threat again.

13 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

so why was Narmer and the sentient threat almost erased to extinction after New War when they are supposed to be even bigger than the Grineer and Corpus combined? 

The Narmers weren't erased. The quest implies a timeskip at the start of months and years, but then you look at the background details and the post-quest lore and you realize it's been maybe a week. Tops. None of the Corpus executives were veiled (confirmed by Eudico) and all of the Liches and the ParvosSisters were able to hang onto their fiefdoms too. The markets of Cetus are still set up for work instead of turning into old dilapidated piles of rotting merchandise and driftwood. Narmer Ventkids didn't age at all. The only indicator of any passage of time is the Nef Anyo's statue being in the process of replaced with a Ballas statue

The entire quest is a bluff. It's not a bad future where Ballas has been ruling for years. Ballas got maybe 20% of the way to conquering the system before the Drifter started killing his Archons, and from there it was all over

As for the Sentients? I got the impression they started retreating when they realized Praghasa was going to blow up the Sun. Either Hunhow or Erra, whoever was in charge, ordered a fall back. And we just have to wait and see whether they want to come back in for round two

Archived