Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dog days still discourages co-op, and it's part of the reason the event is so hated.

PollexMessier

Of all the of the problems this event has. This feels like the biggest one.
Since you only get extra pearls from kills you get yourself. It's literally detrimental to play this gamemode in co-op for most players. Because, intentionally or not, other players will steal your kills, and you'll get less pearls on a team than you would solo as a result. Unless you specifically dedicate your time to stealing kills from other players. So not only does the design inherently discourage co-op, It actively encourages players to be hostile and make it even worse.

This is AWFUL design and makes it even more boring and tedious than it already is. One change that would immediately fix this is if every player that lands a shot on an enemy gets a pearl when that enemy dies. People now earn a lot more pearls for actively participating in team matches instead of less, and have a much bigger reason to not afk the event. It's almost like the devs want the afk numbers or something....

i think it's fair gems not shared the DE wants us to actually play but the game mode is tedious when realizing that most prizes are extremely expensive. I don't care about the value of the prizes, I just think the mode could be as fun as the map's level design.

I would love that the fountains could give temporary abilities: immortality; unlimited ammo, movement speed; slow status; inflatable melee; even special vehicle; more happenings on the map would be appreciable too...

the atmosphere of this event reminds me of this game:

Spoiler

I still wouldn't play it regardless if Co-op or solo was better. This event has so many more other problems that I feel like this should be the at bottom of the barrel since you can play either way, the other reasons you can't change.

The actual event and very stripped down game mechanics with a really bad time gate makes it not that fun to play for me. And it sucks since it means we don't get a better summer event instead and have to wait potentially at least 3 more months to get another decent event, I think the next one is naberus for Halloween which is a way more fun tactical alert.

No, I like it the way it is handled. I am way too tired of leeches.  And I am not even good at the event. It is enjoyable for about three missions for me.

10 hours ago, Famecans said:

i think it's fair gems not shared the DE wants us to actually play but the game mode is tedious when realizing that most prizes are extremely expensive. I don't care about the value of the prizes, I just think the mode could be as fun as the map's level design.

I would love that the fountains could give temporary abilities: immortality; unlimited ammo, movement speed; slow status; inflatable melee; even special vehicle; more happenings on the map would be appreciable too...

I can do the event for a couple of hours before I think it is tedious. I like to do endless modes and they are all about same same over and over again though. Other than that I agree. Map design is nice and I would love it if some more dynamics was added to the map. Dynamics that preferably apply to both teams.

15 hours ago, Frendh said:

No, I like it the way it is handled. I am way too tired of leeches.  And I am not even good at the event. It is enjoyable for about three missions for me.

I'm not saying "all kills give all player's pearls" I'm saying "kill assists give players pearls"
It's possible for all players to get a pearl for every kill is everyone is properly working together. Almost like this is suppose to be a coop game or something.
This makes the game more rewarding to actively play, so by extension, discouraging leeching. And outright eliminating kill stealing which is another toxic element of this game mode.

Right now leeching and afk happens because there's virtually no reason to even participate in the mission. A bad player might get 2 or 3 kills, a decent one around 10-15, and a great one around 20-25 (probably with some deliberate kill stealing). Most players aren't in the 20+ kill range for this event. 20-25% extra pearls isn't worth the 5 minutes you could be spending doing anything else hell I'd argue 50% isnt worth it if the alternative is I can literally just let the game play itself while I go and do something more enjoyable at the same time. With kill assists counting, even a mediocre player could get double the pearls or more by actively participating. And that's an actually worth while bump in rewards to bother playing the game.

Also the gunplay is amazingly anti-fun and the mission timer is way too long making it even worse. You know something is really not working when you're thinking you're done and you see there's 3 minutes left.

It really needs more variety and/or lower timer, maybe make the soaker moddable with its own special mods so you (DE) have full control over the possibilities... what I'd really like is a lot more projectile speed or a lot more damage or some AOE so I can stop having to hit them directly with a relatively slow projectile that barely does anything...

Also the pumping is awkward, why is it not on the reload bind too?

hey, so. i'd like to just leave this here:

you can afk that event even solo.

kill 1 or 2 enemies and crouch over some of those big rocks.

AI is so damn brain dead, they cant climb or shoot you. just move randomly to not get inactivity thingy.

8 hours ago, Kaichi16 said:

hey, so. i'd like to just leave this here:

you can afk that event even solo.

kill 1 or 2 enemies and crouch over some of those big rocks.

AI is so damn brain dead, they cant climb or shoot you. just move randomly to not get inactivity thingy.

Most people know this is possible.

Every time the event comes around the devs patched whatever the last afk strat was and every time players have found another one.

The thing is nothing about a game should be so ungodly boring that you actively seek out a way to make the game play itself. At the very least, people who actually bother to play the game should be rewarded for it. Right now the 15-20 extra pearls most players (that are competent at using the trash gun and ceaselessly dodging around at the same time) get by actually killing enemies is absolutely pitiful and not worth actually putting the effort in.

The event is actually kindof fun in small bursts.... but not the 20+ hour grind that it is

Huge QoL Dog Day needs and is weird it doesn't have it: Reward assists. There, encourage team play and involvement instead of scumming each other. Why wasn't this added years ago? Seriously, that is the weirdest choice with this thing.

2: Having to pump the soaker ever few shots seems anti-fun, especially since enemies never need to and can take anywhere from 1 shot to 100.

Just going to drop in a reminder that the soaker is still FPS dependant for fire rate.

So, yeah - all you players who have to run on low spec to get by, you're dribbling out shots at half the rate you could be. Possibly even worse. All you players who enjoy your 120+FPS and still find it a chore - imagine if you were suffering a cold proc the whole time.

It's been like this since its first run and DE have never bothered to fix it.

Main problem is the rewards are super expensive and the matches don't pay enough, meaning you gotta run that stupid event over and over , and it's not a particularly good event to begin with. ... Plus they make you unlock the final tier every time they rerun it , meaning by the time you actually get ready to start farming pearls in the final tier, you're already kinda burned out having ran the mission four times already and having next to no pearls to show for it...

Overall it's a problem with every events and new content DE releases. They make you replay the same stuff so much that by the time you finish farming some or all of the rewards, you will never want to touch this mode ever again. Like even if I like the Zarimann tileset alot, I ran so many bounties for the first couple of months that now I find it hard to will myself to run any more squads or runs.

2 hours ago, Liger333 said:

you literally at maximum need 10h to buy 1 of everything if you only are counting from mission drops and not kills as mission 4 requires 5mins and you need 6506 pearls for everything

I didn't say anything about costs. The point is making it so the game doesn't practically punish you for participating.
And the mode isn't nearly fun enough to warrant 10 hours of play time. It would feel a whole lot funner if coop was actually worth playing and you felt like you were actually contributing to your team, and they to you, instead of feeling like you're just playing solo but with a bunch of specters that are an active detriment to you.

When the multiplayer aspect of a game makes the game less fun there's a problem that needs to be addressed.

Archived