Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The impact AoE nerf could have

George_PPS

1 minute ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

As far as I can tell, it’s meant to be a thing that, when we level our equipment to max rank and still want to use, it contributed something to our progress.

Without the Focus system, once we max out a weapon or whatever, any excess EXP gets wasted. We still want to use the weapon across content that we’ll still be doing, and ranking it up is meant to give us maximum customiseability so that we can build it however we want; personally, I find the focus system a decent way to feel like I’m making progress whatever I’m doing (I could stand to slot better lenses, mind).

And always it comes back to that subjective “How much grind is too much grind”; like, I say that it’s for players who just wanted to grind hard, but what if it was also meant to be a “This is definitely not a thing that will be handed to the player on a silver platter; they’re learning a whole school of techniques after all”. It gets a little muddy to determine at times

That interaction with the glaive and Unairu sounds intriguing; if it’s not meant to work like that, I’d like to see it fixed so that it is

I'm going to try testing it again because I guess someone else is getting different results. For me it would hit the target once and just disappear.

23 minutes ago, Twin_Fawn said:

Weird. It definitely was just disappearing when I was using it last night. I noticed my damage plummeting every time I tried to use Unairu. 

Out of curiosity, what did you choose to use for Magus arcanes for your operator for this?

This will be a relatively long answer becase it all depends on the mission. 

Most of the missions I run are with: Zenurik, Uniaru and Vazarin and with Magus Cloud as almost mandatory arcane. Magus Lockdown is used in all my Interception builds (since Lockdown negates the enemy capture).

Arcane on AMP also depends on the AMP and the mission. I usually took Virtuos Shadow for convenience, also Virtuos Null.

For AMPs, at that time I've used a lot of Lega-Dissic-Lohrin/Certus or Klamora/Proppa/Certus. At that time I wasn't aware of the Phahd bug, so I would've used it. 

For Corpus missions: I use Magus Overload for most missions. Any school but Unairu/Zenurik for Disrptuion (and yes, I use the frame to deal with Demolysts because of the time gate, usually just melee till they fall). When I use Unairu for Disruptions, I use Magus Cloud and Magus Lockdown.

For Grineer missions: Magus Melt for most missions. Same as above for disruptions. 

For infested missions: Same as grineer.

Now, I've tried most (if not all) operator arcanes. There are other good arcanes when you don't need to deal damage to succed (Magus Cadence and Glitch are very good too compared to the rest). I've tried (and some times still do) to use Magus Revert because I can see potential but it's just bad. I don't use Replenish because it can't prevent one shots and those are common above level 120+, same with Husk or Vigor. Glitch works better than all of those.

For AMPs, my "perfect amp" right now is Granmu-Phahd-Anspatha. It has everything: CC, AOE, decent damage and stats, almost infinite range (if you know how to aim with projectiles that do arcs), good firerate, fast energy regen and the prism and scaffold also consume very little energy for all the usefulness they can provide. I've tried to get similar results wioth others and I just can't.

My Steel Path setup also uses warframes depending on the mission, Umbra, Inaros are my usual pics (Umbra for comodity, since it follows me around and Inaros as stat stick for companions), for Steel Path I've also used Frost and Limbo mostly for defenses, Nova for interceptions.

THE GAME EASY BECAUSE YOU ALREADY HAVE VARIETY MAX MOD/GOOD RIVEN, GOOD WEP AND FRAME WITH LOTS OF FORMA, ETC. IMAGINE BEING A NEW PLAYER THEY DONT HAVE SUITABLE MOD YET, ENOUGH ENDO, GOOD WEP AND FRAME. THEY GOING THROUGH HELL OF GRINDING JUST TO FOUND OUT THIS GAME WILL NEVER BE EASY AND FUN EVEN AFTER LOTS OF GRINDING. MAYBE YOU CAN SUGGEST DE TO PUT NEW MODE OR MISSION THAT SUIT YOUR TASTE NOT CHANGING THE WHOLE GAME FOR YOU 

45 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

It doesn't dissapear, just keep bouncing the 10 times on the same enemy. You can trigger almost all void blast procs with Phahd Scaffold tho and all schools have usefull void blast changes, same with dash. I don't understand where you got the "all I do is shoot because my void blast and dashes are super useless", because:

- Vazarin Void Blast can give shields and can also become a literal shield for you and teammates. Void dash heals everything and makes invulnerable some targets.

- Zenurik void blast amkes enemeis slower (and yes, phahd also does trigger this), while also shocking them with electricity. Void dash gives energy regen and generates an orb that deals electric damage while it last.

- Madurai void blast can shoot a fire projectile with pinpoint accuracy, you can even charge that shoot (and can be buffed with magus melt). Madurai void dash leaves a "fire" trail that deals some damage to enemies, useful for priming them since you can negate shield gating.

- Naramon void blast can disarm and confuse enemies (like loki's 4. Void dash radius is bigger than any other school and everythime you dash on enemies, they become open to finishers, extremelly useful for melee focused frames.

All void blast and void dash (even without school) offers different forms of CC. And I'm not even talking about the sinergies on the other nodes.

So yeah, "super useless", sure. I wish people jsut stop saying stuff without knowing what they are talking about. Most of the operator hate is funded on myths and misinformation on top of the high grind to get them good. When people see videos of people saying that operators cannot deal with "level 50+" enemies and then they see the grind to get tot hat point, of course they aren't going to engage... I did most of Steel Path as operator only.

It might be a personal thing then. I would largely use Lockdown for control and don't really find the ability to blast something to slow it down or try and confuse it very useful when the lifespan of those targets is usually short, but it's subjective maybe ^^;

Interactions with the blast skills are neat, I'll have to try and figure out what the story is with the magnetic bubbles.

I still feel like some of this stuff is pretty useless though to be honest with you. For example, the shield you can generate with Vazarin is kinda neat but the delay between firing and raising it is noticeable and it leaves you open for that shot that takes you down - dashing for control to me is a lot safer and more responsive.

The same thing happens with the shield blast, it's neat but it sucks up a ton of energy you can use for control and movement. If I need shields, a shield osprey specter will follow me around, give *me* shields, and not eat my energy.. It's not very good to me.

The Madurai stuff largely seems like fluff you can use if you want to dash around killing low level enemies and it's noted that Melt does not work on the flame trail the dash leaves - but if you've ranked it up and tried it, does the void blast effect also happen with Phahd?

I guess I will play with using Cloud and some of the dash effects instead of Lockdown, and give some of these things more chances.

I feel like it should be no surprise that it's funded on myths and misinformation when it's so hard to get into that barely anybody does. If you want to even just try a new skill it can be a week of grinding. Relative to how easy it is to just go have fun with a Warframe, it's actually seriously stomach churning.

2 minutes ago, Twin_Fawn said:

It might be a personal thing then. I would largely use Lockdown for control and don't really find the ability to blast something to slow it down or try and confuse it very useful when the lifespan of those targets is usually short, but it's subjective maybe ^^;

Interactions with the blast skills are neat, I'll have to try and figure out what the story is with the magnetic bubbles.

I still feel like some of this stuff is pretty useless though to be honest with you. For example, the shield you can generate with Vazarin is kinda neat but the delay between firing and raising it is noticeable and it leaves you open for that shot that takes you down - dashing for control to me is a lot safer and more responsive.

The same thing happens with the shield blast, it's neat but it sucks up a ton of energy you can use for control and movement. If I need shields, a shield osprey specter will follow me around, give *me* shields, and not eat my energy.. It's not very good to me.

The Madurai stuff largely seems like fluff you can use if you want to dash around killing low level enemies and it's noted that Melt does not work on the flame trail the dash leaves - but if you've ranked it up and tried it, does the void blast effect also happen with Phahd?

I guess I will play with using Cloud and some of the dash effects instead of Lockdown, and give some of these things more chances.

I feel like it should be no surprise that it's funded on myths and misinformation when it's so hard to get into that barely anybody does. If you want to even just try a new skill it can be a week of grinding. Relative to how easy it is to just go have fun with a Warframe, it's actually seriously stomach churning.

I don't get why you dismissed the other commnet tho, but welp.

The only way to test if madurai blast procs the shoot is on captura I think, I haven't do that. But naramon, zenurik and unairu works.

1 minute ago, vanaukas said:

I don't get why you dismissed the other commnet tho, but welp.

The only way to test if madurai blast procs the shoot is on captura I think, I haven't do that. But naramon, zenurik and unairu works.

Sorry ><

I didn't dismiss it, I was actually reading it because you typed out a lot to take in and then some more notifications popped up and I lost track.

Thanks for the info though, it's neat you're using stuff like Overload and it's a lot to try so maybe that's enough to act..

Actually want to do Profit.. taker.. again.

Actually no it's not I'll just trade some stuff for it xD

13 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

You forgot that 28k sample is still pretty small and let’s not forget the large flock of players that always complain about challenging content who only goes to the forums once in a blue moon. 

I still find it a loud minority. 28k out of 50 million? It’s still small, assuming all of them are active accounts. 

30 minutes ago, Twin_Fawn said:

Sorry ><

I didn't dismiss it, I was actually reading it because you typed out a lot to take in and then some more notifications popped up and I lost track.

Thanks for the info though, it's neat you're using stuff like Overload and it's a lot to try so maybe that's enough to act..

Actually want to do Profit.. taker.. again.

Actually no it's not I'll just trade some stuff for it xD

It's ok then :)

I hated profit taker fight until I've got my beloved Bonewidow... With Velocitus, Bonewidow and any frame you can run profit taker in 4-8 mins without much effort.

1 minute ago, vanaukas said:

It's ok then :)

I hated profit taker fight until I've got my beloved Bonewidow... With Velocitus, Bonewidow and any frame you can run profit taker in 4-8 mins without much effort.

lol same strat! I'm down to around 5 minutes now. The way Profit Taker is designed is actually really neat.

It just doesn't work for me personally though, I even really like the Profit Taker fight but, like, 35 times per each arcane to try out a new option destroys the fun of it. It's a booster night only activity, and even then I just feel like the sheer repetition becomes really hard to take.

Okay I see what happens with Magnetic Blast and Phahd.

The reason I saw it striking once and disappearing is that I was shooting at Infested in ESO. It would kill the crawlers and chargers in one hit and then never escape the bubble to seek a new target. So it would strike once and disappear.

Against a high level Grineer though it would do exactly what vanaukas said and strike the Grineer for all of its shots.

So that's neat!

I guess it's a situational interaction you might really not want, or might actually want ^^;

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

You forgot that 28k sample is still pretty small and let’s not forget the large flock of players that always complain about challenging content who only goes to the forums once in a blue moon. 

I still find it a loud minority. 28k out of 50 million? It’s still small, assuming all of them are active accounts. 

This is discussed further down in the thread:

1) We don't know how many people didn't see the survey on time or chose not to participate at all.

2) That number works as a global overview for the exact same reason DE can tell there's a problem when 5 people report an issue in the forums out of thousands of players: Market sample scaling.

3) At the very least it shows that the vast majority of the people who care enough as to engage with the survey want a higher challenge.

4) And quoting @SneakyErvin:  28000 is 2-6 times the size of what a smaller country (and likely even large ones) would deem worthy in a poll or survey regarding what the population wants from X or even how they plan to vote. And WF had around 4-5m active players last we heard from Leyou in 2019 or so, not 50m.

Given that context, and that apathetic/hyper-casual players who don't care about the state of the game (Easy or hard) are unlikely to engage, DE's poll does not indicate it's a "loud minority". If it was, Reb wouldn't be on record expressing player retention due to lack of difficulty is a problem DE want to resolve:

1 hour ago, Twin_Fawn said:

Okay I see what happens with Magnetic Blast and Phahd.

The reason I saw it striking once and disappearing is that I was shooting at Infested in ESO. It would kill the crawlers and chargers in one hit and then never escape the bubble to seek a new target. So it would strike once and disappear.

Against a high level Grineer though it would do exactly what vanaukas said and strike the Grineer for all of its shots.

So that's neat!

I guess it's a situational interaction you might really not want, or might actually want ^^;

I don’t know how I never thought to try this. This’ll be fun for a lot of the content

You are looking a the difficulty probleme from the wrong angle.

We need a saison system, where we start from scratch, we are given have a liste of objective to fulfill during the saison with corresponding unique rewards, that way no more bored vets who complain about how the game is too easy beacause they have nothing left to do ingame so they search difficulty instead of content.

10 hours ago, PrimalordialBob said:

To anyone complaining about the game being too easy, I will gladly take all the op weapons and stuff that make it easy

The game is honestly fine the way it is. Normal missions should stay the way they are.

At least in my case, when I say I want harder content, I mean game modes that are separate from normal missions that significantly challenge all our built up gear. Things like re-worked sorties; since you can only do them once a day, it makes sense to make them wildly difficult

15 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Where's the Warning that States the quest would be a Pain In The Ass to Finish ? 🤔

Or how about The Warning that the Finall Choice is a Lie ? 🤔

Or that The Quest is absolutely nothing like actual Warframe ? 🤔

Where Mr. Smarty Pants....? 🤔

TELL ME !!! 😭

1) the warning says that all your stuff will be unavailable and/or limited, and the quest being a "pain the ass" it's your opinion, for most people, it was a fun and good quest, i didn't had such problems finishing it, so, if you had so many trouble, well, apparently a tiny bit of challenge isn't your strong ""suit"".

2) the "final choice" isn't a lie at all, spoiler:

Spoiler

as the game stated, picking lotus or margullis or natah is something permanent and will affect your gameplay in the future.

You picked lotus but want to change her apparence with margullis? sure, you can, but as a matter of fact, you still picked lotus even if you changed her skin, the only thing that changes is her skin, not the person itself!

3) we had a bit of stealth, and we used new characters like the grineer, corpus and tenshing at the beginning with a different gameplay, then we switched back to standard gameplay near the end, i can't complain about that, not doing the whole quest with the standard gameplay was a good idea(my opinion) and made the quest more enjoyable(many people enjoyed this gameplay) and less "stale".

you can't avoid every problem with a bullet jump and a nuke-bramma............

like seriously, if people like you are so desperate whenever soemthing new is faced, then please, change game, it was a damn quest, it's not permanent(the gameplay), and you were warned about the lenght of the quest and the restrictions of your arsenal.

4) please sir, try avoiding being cringe as hell everytime you write down a sentence, it was hard to read those 4 lines of text.

39 minutes ago, WeeDao said:

You are looking a the difficulty probleme from the wrong angle.

We need a saison system, where we start from scratch, we are given have a liste of objective to fulfill during the saison with corresponding unique rewards, that way no more bored vets who complain about how the game is too easy beacause they have nothing left to do ingame so they search difficulty instead of content.

MTG card rotation?

DE just makes a bunch of variants of the basic mods with main and sub stats and just rotates them out in any combination to scale back power.

28 minutes ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

1) the warning says that all your stuff will be unavailable and/or limited, and the quest being a "pain the ass" it's your opinion, for most people, it was a fun and good quest, i didn't had such problems finishing it, so, if you had so many trouble, well, apparently a tiny bit of challenge isn't your strong ""suit""

I think you were just Reading into that warning what you wanted to see... 👀

And no... A Tiny Bit Of Challenge Definitely isn't my Strong Suit.... I'm more of a sandals and Capri Pants kinda guy... 😎

20 minutes ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

1) the warning says that all your stuff will be unavailable and/or limited, and the quest being a "pain the ass" it's your opinion, for most people, it was a fun and good quest, i didn't had such problems finishing it, so, if you had so many trouble, well, apparently a tiny bit of challenge isn't your strong ""suit""

You just Defined a Lie.... And gave a nice Example too...

you can't avoid every problem with a bullet jump and a nuke-bramma............

Ofcourse you can.... 👀...

like seriously, if people like you are so desperate whenever soemthing new is faced, then please, change game, it was a damn quest, it's not permanent(the gameplay), and you were warned about the lenght of the quest and the restrictions of your arsenal.

Again....

Where's the Warning that States the quest would be a Pain In The Ass to Finish ? 🤔

Or how about The Warning that the Finall Choice is a Lie ? 🤔

Or that The Quest is absolutely nothing like actual Warframe ? 🤔

Where Mr. Smarty Pants....? 🤔

TELL ME !!! 😭

4) please sir, try avoiding being cringe as hell everytime you write down a sentence, it was hard to read those 4 lines of text.

Why don't you come over here and make me ? 😈

stay-strong-strong-baby.gif

1 hour ago, TheKurtiStryke said:

nha, not worth wasting my time with you.

go play minecarf.....wait, i think it's too hard for you, try tetri-.....nvm, go stare a wall or something....if...it's not too hard for you.

Again...

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Why don't you come over here and make me ? 😈

stay-strong-strong-baby.gif

17 hours ago, PrimalordialBob said:

To anyone complaining about the game being too easy, I will gladly take all the op weapons and stuff that make it easy

Careful, Bob; the further you go in this game, the easier it gets. And there’s no alternative. Once you get those OP weapons and stuff that make it easy, then unless you like an easy game, consider your game ruined with typical monkey paw shenanigans

edit: 🤔 In fact, if you’re not falling asleep while doing missions right now, and you don’t want to fall asleep while doing missions, then I’d suggest you stop progressing. The moment you get gear that you can combine in ways to makes fights easier, BAM, Warframe force-equips it for you in that very specific configuration and you’re now a zombie like so many other veterans, going through the motions of a mission while hating the game and wishing you could go back to the early days.

Unless you like the chill experience of course, in which case the game’s made for that sort of stuff, and in fact is only worth playing for that particular playstyle; other playstyles aren’t supported

Hmm. If you got any friends, @PrimalordialBob, and if they were thinking that Warframe is a game about parkouring around and actually fighting and making whatever build you want, you should inform them that Warframe isn’t that game, and they should drop out of the playercount and not bother with the game (the sacrifice is too great)

You have been waaaaaaaarned! *fading away*

I mean, I would gladly have some more "difficult" content in Warframe. But I believe that the way Warframe was made mechanically makes it almost impossible for it to have a balanced experience with tough content.

You have to take in consideration that every player is at a different level in terms of how powerful they are. How are they going to make difficult and challenging content for everybody?

Some people also seem to forget that Warframe is a total power fantasy game. My personal fun comes from how easy and engaging it is. When I want something difficult, I just play other games, or unmod my weapons and frames to give myself a personal challenge.

The only suggestion I would have to make the game more difficult would be to create more missions like the ones we got in the New War with the faction grunts. But even then, Warframe was built to be a very fast game with lots of movement, and those parts butcher that. Not to mention how clunky everything would feel since its slowing the game down by about 75%. Plus new mechanics would need to be implemented so it could somehow be engaging, which goes back to the opposing opinion which is I would rather them focus and spend time on making what they already have more fun and bring fixes to what they made.

• If your Warframe dies in a mission, its permanent. You won't ever get to play with them again.
  • Kubrows and Kavats have a 50 percent chance to randomly attack you, in mission but also on the Orbiter. 
  • Game will randomly add Steel Path modifiers to non Steel Path missions. 
  • Rivens can now have as many negative stats as positive, but also, the stats are no longer displayed. You just got to figure them out in game. 
  • Enemy modding. You can now mod enemies with Galvanised Mods, Weapon Arcanes, Umbra Mods, on kill buffs. Now your weaker team mates are a liability. 
  • Shadow Stalker, now just stalks you. No attacking, no confrontation, they will just quietly follow you around and take peeks at you. Whose that in that Grineer tunnel on the other side of the Tile Set? Why is Mesa missing a boot? 

Archived