Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The rework that Dark Split sword deserves.

(XBOX)Lord ChibiVR

Dark Split sword is the coolest sounding weapon with the absolute worst implementation. The idea of a weapon swapping fighting styles mid battle sounds awesome, but sadly only 1 phase is useable per mission. 

Now normally I wouldn't be upset about this, but when we have weapons like incarnon weapons, weapons that default to a stance, and finally, Teshin in New War swapping stances mid fight, it's obvious that Dark Split sword can and should be capable of switching forms mid-mission.

How would I accomplish this? After all, Teshin switching weapons was used when there was no Warframe abilities. 

Simple, we have two options: 

Option 1: Tie it to a special combo like how Narmer weapons have a special combo. Doing this combo (presumably block attack) will switch to the other form of Dark Split sword.

Option 2: Dark Split sword changes forms during heavy attacks. This would work but be slightly annoying if you were using a heavy attack build, or if you don't want to lose your combo.

Since you can only be using one stance mod, the weapon will use default ones that are built in. My picks would be Swirling Tiger on dual swords and Cleaving whirlwind on the Heavy blade.

If you want to override them, you simply use the stance you want in the stance slot while modding your Dark split sword. 

These changes would make dark split sword feel much stronger and might even make it more popular. If they were implemented, it might even pave the way for other weapons that also swap forms mid battle (like a blade whip that change change to a blade or whip).

I think there should be two stance slots, and you can use any two stances you want in them. so if you want you can use sovereign outcast and blind justice. switching forms would be during if a heavy attack but only if you hold the button. so if you let go of the heavy attack button during the heavy attack you don't switch.

3 minutes ago, gamingchair1121 said:

I think there should be two stance slots, and you can use any two stances you want in them. so if you want you can use sovereign outcast and blind justice. switching forms would be during if a heavy attack but only if you hold the button. so if you let go of the heavy attack button during the heavy attack you don't switch.

I would be fine with this but keep in mind the only stances would be 1 dual swords and 1 heavy blade. I'm not trying to make the swiss army knife of zaws here.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

We already have tons of polearms

Then a staff maybe, or a greatscythe (look at Hespar and imagine dark swords instead of its blades) ?  I dont care what weapon type it is, as long as Dagger handle doesn't poke through my warframe when I use heavy form.  That is my only concern. 

I mean....Split sword becomes a double bladed weapon in combined form....Heavy blade stances (animations) simply do not fit that kind of weapon.   

7 hours ago, Kainosh said:

Then a staff maybe, or a greatscythe (look at Hespar and imagine dark swords instead of its blades) ?  I dont care what weapon type it is, as long as Dagger handle doesn't poke through my warframe when I use heavy form.  That is my only concern. 

I mean....Split sword becomes a double bladed weapon in combined form....Heavy blade stances (animations) simply do not fit that kind of weapon.   

I'm asking to improve the already created weapon. You are literally asking for de to turn the weapon into another weapon.

42 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

I'm asking to improve the already created weapon. You are literally asking for de to turn the weapon into another weapon.

Yep, that's what i do.   DE will never do more than possible anyway, but i will have no regrets for not asking.

Honestly, I'd love to see every stance mod for each melee weapon category merge at some point, with each stance being toggled via secondary/alt-fire. In the Dark Split-Sword's case, it'd be a first for Warframe by utilizing two individual stance mod slots, almost like a trick weapon from Bloodborne. Switching between the Dual Sword & Heavy Blade stances would make for a neat demonstration of the complexities of weapons in the future. It's something DE needs to keep the game fresh without wasting or fabricating assets as a whole.

12 hours ago, 5H4DE said:

Or we could just map the stance switch to alt fire. Alt fire is not used for anything while swinging your melee yet it's never considered for these kind of unique abilities which feels weird.

Maybe not for PC players but Xbox/Playstation it's used for heavy attacks.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Maybe not for PC players but Xbox/Playstation it's used for heavy attacks.

Oh? Now that I think about it, I think I've had it rebound on a different key since forever, I think you're right, nevermind me then. That said, it would be nice if the option was there to rebind special features like that if we ever get it.

Dar split sword needs a new stance for the combined sword version. Having a blade on each end is detrimental for a regular two handed sword stance.  Pole arm makes a lot more sense. But the polearm stances are bad to decent at best.

On 2022-08-14 at 4:39 PM, Frendh said:

Dar split sword needs a new stance for the combined sword version. Having a blade on each end is detrimental for a regular two handed sword stance.  Pole arm makes a lot more sense. But the polearm stances are bad to decent at best.

It's better to use existing stances so that they can make other combinations of switch weapons, imo.

On 2022-08-14 at 12:18 PM, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

He was using dual swords, each element corresponded to a stance, I forgot which but one was swirling Tiger, the other Crossing Snakes etc.

Hmmm... do you have yt with comparision? I don't remember that.

On 2022-08-13 at 1:31 PM, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Now normally I wouldn't be upset about this, but when we have weapons like incarnon weapons, weapons that default to a stance, and finally, Teshin in New War swapping stances mid fight, it's obvious that Dark Split sword can and should be capable of switching forms mid-mission.

Maybe "guns" but not so much melees.

"Guns" have some different stats (e.g. faster) or different ammo.

Melees on other hand are the same but just different stats (e.g. Praedos is much faster). There is no change except Innodem that just blocks aerial attack.

Archived