The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora Prime: Hotfix 31.7.2

[DE]Megan

On 2022-08-17 at 8:17 PM, TyphlosionToaster said:

Yeah, instead of helping, you're "taking advantage" of those who are. Well put.

Maybe i'm a bit slow on the uptake here but I said I was medallion hunting which let people who were doing mission stuff get medallions so it's not just me being selfish. 

And i've been on the recieving end of being the guy doing mission thigns then 'bing. thing is retrieved.' Ooo nice. group effort rewarded. Love it.

On 2022-08-18 at 6:26 PM, Orakan said:

We need tactical alerts or contents like tactical alerts between huge gaps of main contents . 

One would think that's something cheap and easy. 'Oh hey this won't be ready for a few months. we don't wanna run plaguestar because forma is our biggest seller in shop so, tactical alerts.' 

Zariman medallions being team-wide pick-ups should have been there from day 1, it was obviously a huge waste of time for everyone playing and it was left that way intentionally. The only reason this was "fixed" is because there were very few people left playing there after getting all incarnon weapons.

10 minutes ago, -.GALAHAD.- said:

Zariman medallions being team-wide pick-ups should have been there from day 1, it was obviously a huge waste of time for everyone playing and it was left that way intentionally.  The only reason this was "fixed" is because there were very few people left playing there after getting all incarnon weapons.

It worked that way because syndicate medallions have always worked that way.  None of us can do more than guess at their sooper seekret motivations for changing it now.  But the simplest explanation is the one that came on the box: AoZ brought more attention to issues that always existed, and DE responded to a new surge in that feedback.  Which took some time, and...maybe you've forgotten who we're dealing with here, but the most unusual thing about that is they got it done in four months over a stretch that included Tennocon, rather than a year.  Or two.  Or never. 

And if you think this version has no drawbacks whatsoever over the previous one for anyone playing it, you only have to skim through the thread to see the reactions are not that simple.  

When are they going to fix the codex of enemies with several missing or buggy entries???

J3 JORDAS GOLEM can no longer be scanned because it was in The Jordas Verdict Trial which was removed from the game.

DEIMOS SWARM MUTALIST MOA and its counterpart EXIMUS do not exist, so their two respective entries remain empty.

GYRE ROLLER SENTRY cannot be scanned yet, but is shown in the Simulacrum list.

There are three entries in the "NARMER" section of the Codex that remain unknown and that are not even shown in the Simulacrum list, but according to the units that can be scanned in Narmer bounties on Orb Vallis but do not appear in the Codex, they could be:

NARMER BUZZARD

DROPSHIP NARMER COILDRIVE

NARMER CONDOR DROPSHIP

NARMER LYNX TURRET

NARMER THUMPER and NARMER THUMPER BULL have spots in the codex where they would likely appear, however due to the level of Narmer missions in the plains, they cannot ever spawn.

There is an (UNKNOWN ENTRY) under "F" letter under "Ꝏ ALL" section of the Codex, this is most likely the FORTRESS SCANNER of Kuva Fortress which is a bugged entry that counts as both an "OBJECTS" and enemy, also appearing in the "FACTIONS" section.

JUNO GEMINEX MOA has two entries.

TUSK PREDATOR has two entries, judging by its scan requirement, one is supposed to be the EXIMUS variant.

TYRO BATTALLYST has two entries.

CONDRIX cannot be scanned as they were part of OPERATION: SCARLET SPEAR

I noticed that the arcanes on my Ash build started working properly again. Thanks a ton! I also noticed that killing enemies with Bladestorm DOES seem to grant XP, as shown when they die. However, Bladestorm kills still don't count towards damage percentage or kills on the mission progress/mission complete screen. Keep up the good work!

Were there any undocumented changes to acolyte behaviour in SP missions? Twice since this patch the acolytes have simply despawned after getting shot once (2/10 runs) but prior to this patch it never happened.

If relevant, I'm running Ivara in permaProwl mode so they can't 'officially' target me though some of their targetted special abilities do work on me even though I'm invisible

1 hour ago, SlobberyPup said:

Were there any undocumented changes to acolyte behaviour in SP missions? Twice since this patch the acolytes have simply despawned after getting shot once (2/10 runs) but prior to this patch it never happened.

If relevant, I'm running Ivara in permaProwl mode so they can't 'officially' target me though some of their targetted special abilities do work on me even though I'm invisible

If you're invisible as they're spawning, they'll see through Prowl. Turning it off and back on gets it working as normal usually, but they can get a little weirder if you're inside a spy vault at the time they spawn.  I think this can also happen in other circumstances, but it's very rare.

Other than that I don't get targeted by their abilities. A small few don't require a target though.  For instance  Violence seems to recast Silence periodically whether or not there is target in sight.  Also I think they've all got Stalker's ability to warp you closer if you're outside a certain distance...and yet not -too- far.  This sometimes gets used a lot while I'm in Prowl and sometimes not at all. 

Their behavior in general seems the same to me and I haven't encountered a bug with them despawning yet.  Although I've only gone through maybe 15 at most since the patch. 

Il y a 5 heures, mycroft_ a dit :

It's sad to see update thread after update thread with 6+ pages of old bugs that still haven't been fixed.

Every single update thread is like this now. Why won't you hire more staff to fix these problems, DE?

You speak to my soul, sad but true...

So...with some time behind play, I now understand the shenanigans and am less happy about the update.  

1) Somehow it seems like you broke about 90% of the mining spots on Fortuna.  As in you go there, see the site, no blue dots.  OK, maybe they didn't load.  Run away about 30 meters, return, and still nothing.  Decide to strafe the surface, and discover invisible sites.  They just never show up.

2) Speaking of Fortuna, the local security indicators seem to have stopped working.  Fight the Profit Taker, and you have no idea whether a bunch of mooks or one of the spiders will spawn.

3) About that team pick-up...it's not a team pool.  It's still not loaded and you lose crap.  It's great that you made progress on getting everyone the medallions, and crap that you managed to fail the one thing that would have made them much better period.  It's like getting to 5 meters from the end of a 50 meter race...and falling asleep so you wind up in last place.

4) So...can we please get some content?  It's month 8, nearly 9.  The entirety of this year thus far is Echoes of War, Nora's Mix Volume 1, Angels of the Zariman, and Nora's Mix Volume 2.  Note that the only thing adding gameplay content was Angels of the Zariman (and that I didn't suggest it was a two part update because both were so small).  That's one real content patch for this year...with more actually being delivered by prime access.  It's a bit crappy to ask for $240 in a year in prime access (80*3), and deliver less content than the average $5 game 

Now, let me round this out with a why.  Why am I asking for more, and why do I expect that this is reasonable?  At the end of 2020 you complained that everything was slowed due to the coof...and that everything was being held up because you couldn't use things like the mo-cap studio.  In 2021, we were promised that once the world got back on track we'd see more.  At the end of 2021 we got the new war...and it was less content than I think anyone would have expected.  Three real missions, a final boss battle, and a drifter introduction.  Oh, but the bosses.  Yeah...once you got your weapons back they were immediately curb-stomped to dust.

The excuse for this year is the long term decision to split the studio up for a third time, to try and develop a warframe offshoot.  Great.  Hope it isn't an Amazingly Eternal project if you get my drift.  Poking fun aside, this was not something that you decided 10 minutes before tennocon...so you had plenty of time.  Now...it's late 2022.  We're looking at another year without 3 frames released.  We're looking at another promised content patch that is open world...and will likely stretch from December into February because having something out on the holidays is "enough."  

I'm not asking you for a bunch of stuff.  3 months in the year.  Can you squeeze out 2 tenno reinforcement packs?  Maybe a new Archwing focused on something interesting.  Heck, I'd take another game mode that wasn't "mobile defense but."  Please...  It's just not worth playing this game anymore.  It's a "wait 6 months and come back to grind out the 10 new things and experience the 20 new mechanics they busted" situation.  Heck, even the "nightwave is going to offer less but not drag on forever" promise is garbage considering that there are now 2/year.  

vor 7 Stunden schrieb master_of_destiny:

4) So...can we please get some content?  It's month 8, nearly 9.

No ... please don't feed the content junkies with more half-baked stuff, that adds another pile of bugs.

Better spend a whole year to finally fix the broken stuff that already exists in this game.

At least that is my hope, but since money rules the world and nobody pays for fixes, it's not gonna happen.

On 2022-08-19 at 9:53 PM, Tiltskillet said:

If you're invisible as they're spawning, they'll see through Prowl. Turning it off and back on gets it working as normal usually, but they can get a little weirder if you're inside a spy vault at the time they spawn.  I think this can also happen in other circumstances, but it's very rare.

Other than that I don't get targeted by their abilities. A small few don't require a target though.  For instance  Violence seems to recast Silence periodically whether or not there is target in sight.  Also I think they've all got Stalker's ability to warp you closer if you're outside a certain distance...and yet not -too- far.  This sometimes gets used a lot while I'm in Prowl and sometimes not at all. 

Their behavior in general seems the same to me and I haven't encountered a bug with them despawning yet.  Although I've only gone through maybe 15 at most since the patch. 

Thank you Tiltskillet! The acolytes' detection is a bit hit and miss at times but generally manageable, even with my 225HP I can usually dodge roll and recloak in case of 'bad times'.

I have not experienced the despawning since I complained about it which leads me to believe that I had simply been very lucky my first 100 Steel Path acolyte spawns, the worst I've seen since (~30 runs) was Angst dropping into the terrain upon death, trapping my precious loot 30 metres underground.

All updates to void sling made it alot better than it used to be but void dash is still alot better and i still prefer it over void sling since void sling is still alot more clunkier and slower and visually unappealing compared to void dash would really be great if we could get a option to switch back for those who want to do that?

All those people thanking DE for "fixing" Ash clearly didn't check if he's actually fixed.

Nothing changed except for getting affinity and Exodia Force proc. It still doesn't count as kills (except for the after-ulti bleed or exodia proc), it still doesn't get +damage from Arcane Arachne (despite the fact that it affects Shuriken's damage), it still doesn't give us efficiency in SO/ESO (or it do but too little to be noticeable),sadly I have no NW/Riven to check if it counts but im sure it's not. 

Yeah, sure, now we can get affinity from ability that we have to avoid using unless it's absolutely necessary because it works against us (look a few lines above). Actually, the only actual reason for using Ash's 4th is to stop demolishers since they can't move while our clones are performing finishers on them and if executed correctly we can hold them almost at the same place until they die inb4: now that I've mentioned it, DE will nerf this

10 hours ago, --Q--Poeps said:

No ... please don't feed the content junkies with more half-baked stuff, that adds another pile of bugs.

Better spend a whole year to finally fix the broken stuff that already exists in this game.

At least that is my hope, but since money rules the world and nobody pays for fixes, it's not gonna happen.

So, I'm not really sure how long you've played the game.  I'm going to give you the benefit of doubt, and say not long.  As such, you simply might not understand the history.

About 5 years ago people started asking for the same thing.  Just give us a 6 month bug busting streak, and we'll stand behind you.  Mind, this was before the twice yearly content schedule.  You know what we got?  About three months without any content, no appreciable change in the level of bugs, and DE took this chance to instead start working on other things....like their fancy new lighting and rendering engine so that they could regularly assign the wrong textures and make everything look painfully shiny.

Anyone who has actual experience, and knows DE, stopped asking for fixes a long time ago (or at least, expecting them).

If you'll pay attention to the rest of that comment you'd note that:

1) I didn't complain that DE couldn't sustain Nightwave...only stated that is was now twice a year.

2) Highlighted the updates specifically...ignoring the litany of hotfixes that were about a 1:1 or 1:2 fix ratio.  As in the broken about as much as they fixed, or slightly decreased the bugfest that this perpetual "beta" release finds acceptable.

3) I highlighted the fact that a simple Tenno Reinforcement pack or four would be fine.  Note, what is this?  It's been a heck of a long time, but let me go over it.  You got a set of weapons.  Some were market, some were tenno labs, but none of them required a lot.  Shove it into the game, and go.  Image if, say, we got a gap filler weapon trio.  Maybe a new heavy scythe, two handed nikana, and a flare gun.  The scythe and nikana are just mediocre, because their goal is to fill-in the stat gap.  IE, they offer new balances for crit, physical damages, and status.  The flare gun is a stupid gag for fun.  It does 10 puncture damage, but has 100% status chance base.  It lights enemies on fire, stacking ten heat procs (unless otherwise modded).  The damage is too low to be anything game changing (even with a riven), but it's basically there to be a crowd control and fun gun.  This takes all of thirty seconds to dream up, about an hour to balance, and it'd take an artist maybe two days to create the models and textures.  

4) Finally, let's be real here.  Doom Eternal is now on sale on steam for $16.  Regular price $40.  Half the price of a prime access...and it's maybe a hundred times as much content...measured such that there are many new enemy types, 20-30 hours minimum of unique content, and Doom sports more in their many times a year season than warframe does in its twice per year season.  I'm not expecting Doom to compete directly with warframe, but if you match them dollar for dollar and remove the artificial grind, then it's pretty depressing that DE in a year produced so much less than ID managed to develop with their DLC packages.  If you frame it as such, a couple of tenno reinforcement packs would do a lot to make the $240 that DE asks to purchase prime access ($320 in a year, disregarding tax) seem a lot less greedy.  Especially when tennogen round 22 is in swing, despite it taking four years to end the new war...with a grind on PoE for Narmer bits dropped in content that was not recycled.  

I'm happy with you asking for fixes instead of content.  I'm also not stupid enough to actually believe this is a solution anymore.  I'm glad you do...but past experience tells me such optimism is founded in stupidity.  If it isn't obvious though...this is not a judgement of you.  It is a judgement of the request, given DE's history.   

45 minutes ago, OtherSelfOW said:

All those people thanking DE for "fixing" Ash clearly didn't check if he's actually fixed.

This.

Arcane Trickery procs correct, and that's all, what i see. Synergy with Mecha set still broken too.

Good job, DE.

10 минут назад, -Aimless- сказал:

This.

Arcane Trickery procs correct, and that's all, what i see. Synergy with Mecha set still broken too.

Good job, DE.

You know what's even funnier? Patch note states "Fixed Arcane Ultimatum not proccing off Ash's Bladestorm.", so that means they've only meant to make that arcane proc off Ash's 4th and they probably don't even know that now Ash's 4th is proccing Zaw's Exodia Force (it's working in a funny way - each clone strike can proc it and enemy will get damaged BUT it also makes your zaw to proc this arcane right under your butt) or anything else besides Arcane Ultimatum. 

https://i.imgur.com/RqfxJvS.mp4

On 2022-08-21 at 12:59 AM, --Q--Poeps said:

Ah I remember when they said they were gonna have "a year of bug fixes" and it didn't even remotely happen.

Archived