Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora Prime: Hotfix 31.7.2

[DE]Megan

20 minutes ago, Portuguese_Princess said:

Doing bounties solo from now on. Thanks DE for rewarding those who do nothing but wait around for someone else to do their tasks for them.

Thank you. I am amazed that you can do those bounties solo, I mean, it requires soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much effort.

Rather have a "leech" collecting plumes for me anyway, since most bounties are easy and more fun than the the plumes collecting speedruns anyway.

EDIT: Just to be clear, you are not a leech if you collect plumes. Ignore the neckbeards.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

SYNDICATE MEDALLION QUALITY OF LIFE CHANGES

With that being said, Syndicate Medallions (6x Core Syndicates + Angels of the Zariman missions) are now a team-wide pickup, meaning any Medallion picked up benefits the entire squad and no backtracking is required! This also applies to Voidplumes dropped from Angels and Medlica’s Cache to keep everything consistent. We’ve also removed the ability to waypoint the pickups since there’s no need to individually find them.

This is long time coming. Brilliant change to make co-op actually beneficial instead of detrimental to these mission types.

...so you're telling me people joining bounties just to wander around and not help, are going to have more incentive to do so? AND think they're helping? Bad change. Why are you guys rewarding those players for taking free rides on the backs of players who actually do the objective. 

I'm glad i'm done in the Zariman, you encourage players to leech, and hosts to extract without waiting for anyone (because they're tired of waiting for players wandering around for plumes). Just make them only spawn in solo missions. Problem solved, no back-tracking, no hosts left waiting for leeches, or worse, host migrating because they know at least one person's running around looking for more plumes....

I LOVE the medallion/plume change. More than once I have joined a squad 'late but not too late' with the others all zipped off to trigger the objective before I finished loading, and spotted a plume in plain view on the ground so grabbed it then continued towards the objective...only to have three blurs pass me heading back to the marker and me reach the objective alone just as the defence target dies. Or sudden arguments about who should stay/go. Having them able to stay sitting there until I catch up and just go "hey cool free plume" is so much better. 

It also helps with the sneaky ones. Some can be tricky to find, and I have no problem with one person deviating for 10seconds to grab one (when things are under control) but having someone spend 10minutes trying to find a hole or hidden gap to get to the plume hurts the group carrying the mission, and this solves that. 

Yes, we can argue "but people shouldn't join those modes if they want plumes" all we like, but people do and will, so instead of arguing for mass mentality changes, removing the problem entirely is a win for everyone. 

On 2022-08-17 at 6:07 PM, Drachnyn said:

"3 people looking for plumes would inevitably clean up every room fast enough that they are finished finding plumes long before the mission is over" 

i'm not sure if you're walking and sight-seeing in these missions, but no, people are usually wating (or not waiting) at extraction, because players just keep wandering around, lookingf or that extra 1k standing they could earn more of just by doing another 2 minute mission, in lieu of delaying everybody, or making the host want to migrate away.

On 2022-08-17 at 6:25 PM, BlueberryIsWar said:

Thank you. I am amazed that you can do those bounties solo, I mean, it requires soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much effort.

Rather have a "leech" collecting plumes for me anyway, since most bounties are easy and more fun than the the plumes collecting speedruns anyway.

EDIT: Just to be clear, you are not a leech if you collect plumes. Ignore the neckbeards.

I'd rather not have a leech getting rewarded for not helping. A crest, a vein, and a pair of downs doesn't help when you're getting 5 quills and a pinion. An extra hand at killing, helps get it done faster. Just to be clear, collecting plumes in a public match is leeching, and this change only enables it.

2 часа назад, [DE]Megan сказал:

SYNDICATE MEDALLION QUALITY OF LIFE CHANGES

Originally introduced in Update 15, the Syndicate system brought new characters (where my Cressa Tal fans at??) and a handful of new goals within the system. Part of that system included the eventual introduction of Syndicate Medallions; unique objects gathered within missions to redeem for their respective Standing. 

Fast forward to 2022 and Update 31.5 Angels of the Zariman introduces the Holdfast Syndicate and their respective Medallions; Voidplumes. While the Medallion system itself is not new, the Zariman tilesets spurred conversations around individual vs team wide pickups due to the grandeur size of the tilesets themselves. The feedback we received from the community expressed pain points related to necessary backtracking in order to collect the Plumes, which meant deviating from the Objective and causing longer than necessary mission times in order to collect them all. Similar pain points were what brought forth the squad-wide pickup change to Railjack.

With that being said, Syndicate Medallions (6x Core Syndicates + Angels of the Zariman missions) are now a team-wide pickup, meaning any Medallion picked up benefits the entire squad and no backtracking is required! This also applies to Voidplumes dropped from Angels and Medlica’s Cache to keep everything consistent. We’ve also removed the ability to waypoint the pickups since there’s no need to individually find them.

As an additional lateral change, Riven Challenges for Syndicate Medallion collecting have been changed to be Solo specific and the amount reduced to 8-12 instead of 12-16. Already existing Rivens won’t adopt this change but will instead lose any complicated conditions and just be “Find X Medallions”. 

Apparently it affected Ayatan Sculptures as well because I just got one without picking it up myself during one of Zariman bounties.

It's been over two months since the last real content drop and in the meantime almost no majorly game breaking bugs have been addressed. Where's the fix for cathode grace? That's still broken and makes Gyre almost unusable unless you're the host since her entire kit revolves around it. What about the augment changes? Those didn't get shipped either, Magus Cloud is still broken, profit taker clips into the floor, still can't link primed ammo stock just to name a few. 

I get that the team is busy with new content but don't you think it more prudent on putting out fires that are burning your game down first? It's fine to focus on new content but you should finish what you started in the first place before turning your gaze away from that and leaving it to rot like you have so many other things.

9 minutes ago, TyphlosionToaster said:

...so you're telling me people joining bounties just to wander around and not help, are going to have more incentive to do so? AND think they're helping? Bad change. Why are you guys rewarding those players for taking free rides on the backs of players who actually do the objective. 

Firm disagree.

As someone who always does the objective (and always filled to the needed role in Overwatch and other teambased games), I like that the randos who go off gallivanting leaving me to do the objective are now still contributing.  I hated babysitting the mobile defense target while my UI gets crowded with plumes around 100-600m away.  It sucked.  This is a good change for people that actually do the objective.

Now add this for fishing, mining, and global conservation in the open worlds.

18 minutes ago, BlueberryIsWar said:

So you're a fan of when you would do an open world bounty, and players join just to go mining in the caves? Yes, those are leeches. The same people farming plumes while i complete the bounty. C'mon now....

43 minutes ago, Portuguese_Princess said:

Doing bounties solo from now on. Thanks DE for rewarding those who do nothing but wait around for someone else to do their tasks for them.

Right? This goes both ways. People not wanting to farm Medalians are already just going AFK while others search for them. As well as people not doing bounty objectives already, this will only add to that problem. One person made a good point that it won't clutter up the UI anymore with markers you don't care about, but that's a small silver lining to the problematic change. Solo's sounding nice right about now.

5 minutes ago, Portuguese_Princess said:

So you're a fan of when you would do an open world bounty, and players join just to go mining in the caves? Yes, those are leeches. The same people farming plumes while i complete the bounty. C'mon now....

I wouldn't even mind if the fishing/mining/conservation rewards were shared.  

4 minutes ago, TyphlosionToaster said:

I don't want to being doing an Eidolon hunt, and have someone fishing, thinking it's okay because i get the fish too.

Still better than the current system where they go off and leech and you get nothing.

Also unless you're doing like a 5x3 or 6x3, it doesn't even matter.  Voidrig and the focus rework have trivialized tridolons.

2 hours ago, ShogunGunshow said:

was a hotfix bro

They can call it that, but the fixes weren't that kind of fixes. My disappointment is particularly regarding QoL. Changing some casing in the incubator while ignoring the list of (QoL) problems with pets is one of them. 

36 minutes ago, TyphlosionToaster said:

I'd rather not have a leech getting rewarded for not helping. A crest, a vein, and a pair of downs doesn't help when you're getting 5 quills and a pinion. An extra hand at killing, helps get it done faster. Just to be clear, collecting plumes in a public match is leeching, and this change only enables it.

If you want to speedrun missions form your own group. Don't expect randoms to know what they are doing, having played the mission before or being fast at extraction, that is just a weird expectations to have.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

RAILJACK QUALITY OF LIFE CHANGES - ASH & OBERON

While maintaining our original intentions to connect Railjack to some more ‘core Warframe’ style rewards, we’ve made a few changes to have Ash components be more new player friendly for those starting their Railjack journey. Having them live only in Rotation C brought feedback of accessibility concerns for newer players trying to complete their Ash build. While Oberon parts do drop in new player friendly areas, having his Neuroptics reside within the Veil Proxima was a steep climb to have a chance at collecting all the parts you need. 

Doesn't really matter how many incentives railjack has, until it gets reworked to be more ship-to-ship and less normal mission taxi, i ain't playing it, not new, not different, not fun. Skirmishes are basically as close as it gets, but those get boring after a while.

On 2022-08-17 at 6:57 PM, sunderthefirmament said:

Still better than the current system where they go off and leech and you get nothing.

Also unless you're doing like a 5x3 or 6x3, it doesn't even matter.  Voidrig and the focus rework have trivialized tridolons.

Absolutely they have. I still would be (and have been) annoyed with people joining a bounty then going to mine in a cave. 

Not better than them leeching and you getting nothing, because if i needed to farm that resource, i'd farm that resource. If i joined a bounty, it's to get the bounty done. Joining a squad with a common goal, then going to fish/mine/hunt while they do it all, is leeching. I'll say it again, this just enables leechers to have an excuse, thinking they're helping, instead of being selfish mooches.

On 2022-08-17 at 7:19 PM, BlueberryIsWar said:

If you want to speedrun missions form your own group. Don't expect randoms to know what they are doing, having played the mission before or being fast at extraction, that is just a weird expectations to have.

Expecting someone who joined a bounty, to do the bounty, instead of farm a resource, is not expecting a lot. Don't be silly.

1 minute ago, TyphlosionToaster said:

Absolutely they have. I still would be (and have been) annoyed with people joining a bounty then going to mine in a cave. 

Not better than them leeching and you getting nothing, because if i needed to farm that resource, i'd farm that resource. If i joined a bounty, it's to get the bounty done. Joining a squad with a common goal, then going to fish/mine/hunt while they do it all, is leeching. I'll say it again, this just enables leechers to have an excuse, thinking they're helping, instead of being selfish mooches.

Your opinion is valid, but I really hope you don't become the new "person who complained about universal syndicate medallions in conclave" and then ruins it for everyone.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Wow, just a huge QOL update👏👏👏

With this you guys even managed to revitalize even the normal syndicate missions that I and others like me just ignored because they were so tedious (even now, after the changes to teammates marking them on pickup along with the new medalion hunt tools the last update to helminth and parallax brought).

1 hour ago, GojuSuzi said:

I LOVE the medallion/plume change. More than once I have joined a squad 'late but not too late' with the others all zipped off to trigger the objective before I finished loading, and spotted a plume in plain view on the ground so grabbed it then continued towards the objective...only to have three blurs pass me heading back to the marker and me reach the objective alone just as the defence target dies. Or sudden arguments about who should stay/go. Having them able to stay sitting there until I catch up and just go "hey cool free plume" is so much better. 

It also helps with the sneaky ones. Some can be tricky to find, and I have no problem with one person deviating for 10seconds to grab one (when things are under control) but having someone spend 10minutes trying to find a hole or hidden gap to get to the plume hurts the group carrying the mission, and this solves that. 

Yes, we can argue "but people shouldn't join those modes if they want plumes" all we like, but people do and will, so instead of arguing for mass mentality changes, removing the problem entirely is a win for everyone. 

But we can fix the problem by not giving people little side objectives in a co-op bounty. Make plumes only spawn in Solo missions, or outside of bounties. Yes we can argue those people shouldn't be rewarded for leeching, but people do and will.... so instead of enabling them and rewarding them more, why not reduce the amount of it. Why Nerf an AFK frame, but then enable AKF farming at the expense of an active player? Also who cares if it's tricky to find a vein or down? just go get the Quill rewards, stop delaying the meal, just for peanuts.

I agree it's annoying people abandoning objectives to go find the plume. So stop it with that. Stop having them spawn all over the place, taking a lot more than "10 seconds" for the leechers to find them all. Have them spawn in solo missions, so they don't grief other players. You don't join a Fortuna bounty to mine, & likewise, you shouldn't join a Zariman bounty to rummage through containers. 

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Syndicate Medallions (6x Core Syndicates + Angels of the Zariman missions) are now a team-wide pickup

I'm sure you mean well but you are once again only incentivizing lazy afk players instead of giving reward for effort (as minimum as running to a pickup). And you could already extract from Zariman without waiting so it was not making missions any longer for individual players. Its unhealthy for the game to reward the most lazy players who do nothing but still get all the rewards.

Archived