Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ambulas assassination needlessly drags

.Unreality

2 minutes between waves is way too long

Number of ambulus spawning is also extremely inconvenient, 1 in first wave then 2 for all others

The initial wave of 1 is ultimately pointless when you need 4 for solo or 6 for party

Decreasing requirement by 1 or increasing the third wave and beyond to 3 ambulus would save so much time

Yeah, it's a long standing issue since its' initial release.

I once made an in-depth of analysis of what's wrong with this bossfight, but unfortunately can't find the topic anymore to link it.

TL:DR:
- The Mission takes on average 12 minutes, where at least 9 minutes are mandatory and unskippable due to all the mandatory timers;
- Mission breaks "the rule of 3 phases" and forces you to do 4 rounds (1+2+2+1) which overstays its' welcome;
- Defense bits take too long and are boring as S#&$;
- The ships take their sweet time taking ambulas away, wasting about 40 seconds for the whole process;
- The Ambulas themselves are a joke and die within 5 seconds after spawning. Not really a "Boss" is it?

Proposed improvements:
- Buff Ambulas to actually be a boss. Introduce invincibility phases if you have to, just don't make them exceed more than 10 second per ambulas;
- Reduce victory condition to 5 ambulas, so that "flawless" execution of mission would reduce amount of rounds from 4 to 3;
- Reduce defense time, increase defense intensity;
- Add additional optional objective that involves hacking or something like that to speed up the mission (example: Orb Valis jailbreak objective where looting beacons that drop from enemies reduce the timer);
- Make ships taking away ambulas a cut scene that can be skipped, or speed up them up because jesus christ.

I hate waiting and procrastination mechanics.  I find it to be bad game design.

Profit Taker is probably my favourite boss and the longest waiting phase is when the pylons are being shot out. The pylon animation time could easily be decreased by half or more. But other than that I find it to be a well designed boss with very little waiting and procrastination.

Some players may find the boss to be enjoyable through its complexities and length. But the simple fact is that people usually fight this guy to farm him for parts, and having such a long drawn-out boss fight makes it maddening. Yeah, it's fun to see like, one time, but when you're tryin to get the warframe parts it's just a terrible grind.

Even whenever Ambulas comes up in sorties, I tend to skip it because of how time-consuming it is.

On 2022-08-21 at 7:25 AM, Endorphinz said:

Some players may find the boss to be enjoyable through its complexities and length

Kill Ambulas...  Hack Ambulas... Kill Reinforcements.... Nothing Complicated About it....

It's literally just a Mobile Defense in Disguise just like Defense Missions are really just Stationery Exterminations...

On 2022-08-18 at 8:04 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

I dont have any issues with the wait time, its good to prevent players from zerging the boss. I just wish there was more to do in between waves.

Yeah Well there isn't.... So it's not unreasonable to Zerg through it... You might have time to Waste in Boss Fights.... I do Not👀...

On 2022-08-20 at 8:15 AM, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

I feel this way too. The enemies that spawn do not feel engaging enough

It's a Boss Fight.... If the Enemies start Feeling More Important than the Boss then theres no Reason to have a Boss There... So yeah.... I hope they Just Make it a simple Exterminate just To Highlight the importance of Engaging Enemies¯\_(ツ)_/¯...

On 2022-08-21 at 7:25 AM, Endorphinz said:

But the simple fact is that people usually fight this guy to farm him for parts, and having such a long drawn-out boss fight makes it maddening.

Luckily Trinity had been Pretty Useless in the Previous 4 Meta so eh...  If DE doesn't want us to have Her then so Be it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯....

В 21.08.2022 в 09:25, Endorphinz сказал:

Some players may find the boss to be enjoyable through its complexities and length. But the simple fact is that people usually fight this guy to farm him for parts, and having such a long drawn-out boss fight makes it maddening. Yeah, it's fun to see like, one time, but when you're tryin to get the warframe parts it's just a terrible grind.

Even whenever Ambulas comes up in sorties, I tend to skip it because of how time-consuming it is.

My original in-depth analysis of the thing was born out of one such sortie. The experience was just so horrible i had to try and relay it to DE somehow.
By horrible experience i meant that i was literally falling asleep in this Sortie 3 enhanced "Bossfight".

Le 18/08/2022 à 09:14, .Unreality a dit :

2 minutes between waves is way too long

Number of ambulus spawning is also extremely inconvenient, 1 in first wave then 2 for all others

The initial wave of 1 is ultimately pointless when you need 4 for solo or 6 for party

Decreasing requirement by 1 or increasing the third wave and beyond to 3 ambulus would save so much time

omg yes, I dont ever do sorties with it just because of how unfun the waiting is. I'd reduce the waiting by more then that though LOL

• 2 months later...

Here's something that may improve the fight slightly: every destroyed Repair Drone drops a beacon that reduces the Ambulas timer by x seconds. Similar to an Orb Vallis mission where you rescue prisoners and kill jailers to collect beacons.

On 2022-08-18 at 12:03 PM, Tiltskillet said:

I like the Ambulas fight pretty well.  But I'd really enjoy the ability to spawn three at a time.  Although it would inevitably result in huge arguments and awful fail stories on the forums. 

In other words, I see no downsides.

As a player who struggles to kill two at a time I'm depressed reading this. I can get one but not two. I've run the Pluto assassination multiple times. I get four waves. The first three have a single ambula and the last has two. Pissed I always die on the last round. I need to get better weapons or mods. Or learn to use the mods more effectively.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

As a player who struggles to kill two at a time I'm depressed reading this. I can get one but not two. I've run the Pluto assassination multiple times. I get four waves. The first three have a single ambula and the last has two. Pissed I always die on the last round. I need to get better weapons or mods. Or learn to use the mods more effectively.

Solo, two would be challenging for me too, and three really tough.   I could do it, but I'd use a build I wouldn't normally play.  But most people are playing this in a team.

I think solo the key is CC, especially before you have the best gear.

33 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Solo, two would be challenging for me too, and three really tough.   I could do it, but I'd use a build I wouldn't normally play.  But most people are playing this in a team.

I think solo the key is CC, especially before you have the best gear.

I'm in public mode. Still need this node, the rapapolyst and Lua spy, and it seems there's never anyone joining. No worries I will eventually get them and it will make me a stronger player. Almost there. My astilla prime 2F, catchamoon2F and xoris 5F need a bit more work.

24 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I'm in public mode. Still need this node, the rapapolyst and Lua spy, and it seems there's never anyone joining. No worries I will eventually get them and it will make me a stronger player. Almost there. My astilla prime 2F, catchamoon2F and xoris 5F need a bit more work.

Mod for radiation on that Catchmoon for this fight and it should be a lot easier.  Good luck. o7

Archived