Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AoE and Gameplay

sherif3000

Hi everyone

I havent been keeping up with current AoE news, but this has been my gaming experience for some time now doing Steel path missions. Every mission (mainly defense and survival) someone (usually two tennos) are bringing a Zarr and Kuva Bramma. The visual noise that’s going on is unbearable. That coupled with every enemy just evapourating. I use banshee so I see on the mini map, spawns just getting anihilated (I have a regular strength resonance build).

I challenge anyone during this time to check out Steel path incursion alerts. I know the developers do not want this mess of effects and really no game play required to complete High level content. Sorry bout the ranty paragh.

I dont know how to insert screenshot of the mess thats going on.

I feel something has to change.

vor 16 Minuten schrieb sherif3000:

Hi everyone

I havent been keeping up with current AoE news, but this has been my gaming experience for some time now doing Steel path missions. Every mission (mainly defense and survival) someone (usually two tennos) are bringing a Zarr and Kuva Bramma. The visual noise that’s going on is unbearable. That coupled with every enemy just evapourating. I use banshee so I see on the mini map, spawns just getting anihilated (I have a regular strength resonance build).

I challenge anyone during this time to check out Steel path incursion alerts. I know the developers do not want this mess of effects and really no game play required to complete High level content. Sorry bout the ranty paragh.

and solo / premade group options are not available or what?
and ignis wrath needs blatant skill or what?
only elite master of universe players play with single target weapons or what?

and aren't there enough topics about this thoroughly chewed topic?

I also played with boltor prime for years. that's not a hitscan. and I have to laugh every time someone spreads nonsense about single target needing super ultra skill. it's not a pvp game!

38 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

The exact same argument can be applied to the AoE users. Even then, that does not solve the blatant problem of these weapons well over-performing.

39 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

???

40 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

Aim.

41 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

While this thread will no doubt be merged, it honestly just goes to show that the more this is popping up, the bigger the issue it truly is.

42 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

I also played with boltor prime for years. that's not a hitscan. and I have to laugh every time someone spreads nonsense about single target needing super ultra skill. it's not a pvp game!

You're spreading this nonsense yourself, because OP never said that lol.

Spoiler

If you're gonna word vomit, Battle.Mage, then at least try to read the OP and respond accordingly.

1 hour ago, sherif3000 said:

I know the developers do not want this mess of effects

The dominance of AOE is controversial, but one aspect of it that really warrants developer attention is this.  The vfx are obnoxious, and we as players don't have much recourse besides playing solo, due to the "reduced teammate visual effects" setting not actually working.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb sunderthefirmament:

The dominance of AOE is controversial, but one aspect of it that really warrants developer attention is this.  The vfx are obnoxious, and we as players don't have much recourse besides playing solo, due to the "reduced teammate visual effects" setting not actually working.

that's why there is also black color for effects!
and that's not player's fault. or are you telling me that there aren't any warframe skills that completely mess up vision? i can remember that in 2013/2014 people kept complaining about my frost because the color was too light. and i searched intensively for solutions.

and balance in warframe is a theme for april 1st. this has been discussed in detail in other topics.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT_JXPGz4aSSS7t4PuuM7I

11 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

that's why there is also black color for effects!

I completely agree, and use black on all of my AOE weapons.

11 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

and that's not player's fault

I also agree with this.  It's on DE to fix their "reduced teammate visual effects setting."  A big part of this game is customization, and I don't want to dictate how people customize their weaponry.  I would just prefer the reduced VFX setting to work so I don't get blinded.

2 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

Did you not see the post? OP literally said he did not keep up with most AoE news. The entire post is literally his personal experience from gameplay, nothing to do with riding a hype train. 

OP literally asked for it to change because he said that this has happened to him in steel excursions for "some time now." 

Like, how long ago were guns buffed? A year ago? Was it two years? Don't you think that's enough time for people to enjoy their one shot rocket launchers?

On 2022-08-21 at 11:34 AM, Tellmeninetails said:

Honestly they could of solved this issue or maybe helped it a tiny bit. when they made eximus, and made them immune or resistant to AOE instead of crowd control, 

There's already a Meta that kills Enemies one by one So Quickly that it might aswell be AoE.... Perhaps you should Try Fixing the Actual Problem isntead of Treating The Symptoms.

On 2022-08-21 at 12:09 PM, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Like, how long ago were guns buffed? A year ago? Was it two years? Don't you think that's enough time for people to enjoy their one shot rocket launchers?

Nope....

Especially If there's going to be a Wisp putting down Shock Notes preventing Enemies from Coming into Range Of Weapons....  Or a Booben Causing Enemies to get Stuck into Inconvenient Locations.... Or a Khora who refuses to Whip her Dome....

In such Instances I would Like the Option to Delete Enemies Through Walls.... Anybody who Disagrees should be Forced to Sit Through Defense with Max Range Limbo....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Either Way.... We'll go back To Nuking Saryn... Rest Assured while She's playing the Game Alone Atleast she Isn't Blinding Anyone if thats what you care about 😝...

2 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

Matchmaking isn't a copout for poor decisions that negatively impact gameplay for a large number of the playerbase when the game is marketed as multiplayer and online co-op. Core gameplay typically puts skill into the player's modding choices, not in their reactionary behavior in missions.

I think it's good that this topic keeps coming up so that it can be properly addressed. It's not like the Forums really offers much variety in discussion as there is repetition behind almost every thread given how slow things are to change in this game.

there really isn't an issue w/ aoe, but I hope you're not blaming the players for the visual vomit you and everyone else is seeing. 

DE really needs to tone that down. can't be the players fault for wanting to see explosions in their favourite colour. 

blinding as #*!%, hope that gets fixed Soon™.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Skoomaseller:

there really isn't an issue w/ aoe, but I hope you're not blaming the players for the visual vomit you and everyone else is seeing. 

DE really needs to tone that down. can't be the players fault for wanting to see explosions in their favourite colour. 

blinding as #*!%, hope that gets fixed Soon™.

oh well...
i think they just make the 1-3 weapons completely useless and only playable on earth against lvl 1 enemies.
there was an interview where they said it was all about new content. because old garbage does not generate money. so have fun with kuva zarr with 5 ammo, bugged "line of sight" mischief and selfdamage (selfkill) changes. THIS WILL GET ALL THE PROBLEMS OUT OF THE WORLD! yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes....

2 minutes ago, Venus-Venera said:

oh well...
i think they just make the 1-3 weapons completely useless and only playable on earth against lvl 1 enemies.
there was an interview where they said it was all about new content. because old garbage does not generate money. so have fun with kuva zarr with 5 ammo, bugged "line of sight" mischief and selfdamage (selfkill) changes. THIS WILL GET ALL THE PROBLEMS OUT OF THE WORLD! yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes....

You need to chill out.

4 hours ago, sherif3000 said:

This 'mess' has been going on for a year or more, primary reason i choose to play solo to avoid the particle vomit and obnoxious booms of zarr. Try solo, suddenly it feels like playing a totally different game.

The migraine inducing epileptic enablers is something i have a personal hatred for.

And the reduce fx for team mates option does jack S#&$.

This is a serious strain and a health hazard. It is one of the reasons i don't play eidolons often.

It is truly a nuisance.

43 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

The migraine inducing epileptic enablers is something i have a personal hatred for.

This is a serious strain and a health hazard. It is one of the reasons i don't play eidolons often.

It is truly a nuisance.

gantulyst truly the most op eidolon, 100x more op than hydrolyst solely because it can hurt the player IRL

DE is so smart, if it can't hurt the warframe then it should hurt the player themselves 

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

It is truly a nuisance.

Funny enough, in terms of teammate VFX, I've found Eidolons to be on the tame side. It's the VFX of the Eidolon itself that's the bigger culprit.

Nevertheless, it'd be nice if we could have outlines with reduced VFX. The problem with just lowering it wholesale is that it gets hard to, you know, spot where anything is. Happens with the graphics intensity setting and things like Vitoplasts but I can see it happening with teammate VFX and things like Wellspring too. I don't need the flashing lights to be totally invisible. It's mostly just the stupidly bright centres that need a few hundred thousand lumens taken off.

4 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

oh well...

These weapons aren't engaging for the player, and promote a very dumbed down version of what can be a quite exhilarating game.

For example, lately any high level content mission, Arbitration up top Steel Path, there'll always be the Zarr/Bramma/Ogris/Envoy players who after spamming their way around the map, annihilating everything in record time, are generally the first to leave the mission, out of sheer boredom, no challenge, no threat to their survival, and I get it, I've tried out these weapons, and find my self becoming jaded of it quite quickly too.

In monetary terms I think it will be better for DE to take a serious look at these weapons and consider a heavy nerf, resulting in higher retention levels of new players, and general longevity and well-being of seasoned players,

vor 7 Minuten schrieb -Runn_Jegu-:

These weapons aren't engaging for the player, and promote a very dumbed down version of what can be a quite exhilarating game.

For example, lately any high level content mission, Arbitration up top Steel Path, there'll always be the Zarr/Bramma/Ogris/Envoy players who after spamming their way around the map, annihilating everything in record time, are generally the first to leave the mission, out of sheer boredom, no challenge, no threat to their survival, and I get it, I've tried out these weapons, and find my self becoming jaded of it quite quickly too.

In monetary terms I think it will be better for DE to take a serious look at these weapons and consider a heavy nerf, resulting in higher retention levels of new players, and general longevity and well-being of seasoned players,

and at the end we see saryn with 80% team damage. and that in a pimped team with maxed gear.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSNRMimiaAci5yxG8YG9Q2

On 2022-08-21 at 7:47 AM, Lutesque said:

There's already a Meta that kills Enemies one by one So Quickly that it might aswell be AoE.... Perhaps you should Try Fixing the Actual Problem isntead of Treating The Symptoms.

Nope....

Especially If there's going to be a Wisp putting down Shock Notes preventing Enemies from Coming into Range Of Weapons....  Or a Booben Causing Enemies to get Stuck into Inconvenient Locations.... Or a Khora who refuses to Whip her Dome....

In such Instances I would Like the Option to Delete Enemies Through Walls.... Anybody who Disagrees should be Forced to Sit Through Defense with Max Range Limbo....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Either Way.... We'll go back To Nuking Saryn... Rest Assured while She's playing the Game Alone Atleast she Isn't Blinding Anyone if thats what you care about 😝...

Saryn still beats not being able to play the game if I'm not using wall hack guns.

tbh I'm glade the the aoe weapons are getting nerfed, it`s annoying and disruptive to other ppl, in sp idc coz idl sp and I want the mission to be over asap but when it gets to the point where ppl are using it in normal missions when they don`t need to that`s a problem and yet you had ppl complaining that Ash took ppl kills and I be those same ppl are using aoe weapons and have no issue with this dumb meta.

Archived