Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baruuk Deluxe when?

VSLl

Hi! I know I won't get an answer to this question, but I'd like to ask if there's any work going on about this at all? On the last devstream, I only heard about the Xaku deluxe. It's been over a year since the concept art was shown, and an early model hasn't even been shown. The deluxe is out on the Volt, it's out on the Protea next month, what about Baruuk? Everyone forgot about him? These skins were shown at the last tennocon. I thought that at least within a year these skins would be released, before the next tennocon, but I was wrong. Only deluxe on the Volt appeared. What's the point of showing concepts if you're not going to be releasing content anytime soon? Although, probably, many people have already forgotten that the deluxe on Baruuk even exists.
esrjpeTzEYyTJv9H7zCmW-sk_0d7W4UVTzMnhzYxeC2uMEnO-QgP52lCOHEoBSZrfR9d2z9GfMfppSzR4tjndKfm.jpg?size=1200x675&quality=96&type=album

5 hours ago, VSLl said:

Hi! I know I won't get an answer to this question, but I'd like to ask if there's any work going on about this at all? On the last devstream, I only heard about the Xaku deluxe. It's been over a year since the concept art was shown, and an early model hasn't even been shown. The deluxe is out on the Volt, it's out on the Protea next month, what about Baruuk? Everyone forgot about him? These skins were shown at the last tennocon. I thought that at least within a year these skins would be released, before the next tennocon, but I was wrong. Only deluxe on the Volt appeared. What's the point of showing concepts if you're not going to be releasing content anytime soon? Although, probably, many people have already forgotten that the deluxe on Baruuk even exists.
esrjpeTzEYyTJv9H7zCmW-sk_0d7W4UVTzMnhzYxeC2uMEnO-QgP52lCOHEoBSZrfR9d2z9GfMfppSzR4tjndKfm.jpg?size=1200x675&quality=96&type=album

Tbh I prefer the tennogen stuff to this. Maybe nobody really liked it so hype kinda died down?

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Tbh I prefer the tennogen stuff to this. Maybe nobody really liked it so hype kinda died down?

There's no accounting for taste.  I think it's gorgeous.  Normal Baruuk looks like an overfed labrador- a barrel on toothpicks.  I very much prefer this aesthetic.  It's the deluxe skin I'm looking forward to most.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's released closer to Baruuk Prime, which should be this winter, right?  Though really that seems too soon given how we've seen almost nothing of it.  They released Ivara's deluxe skin pretty close to her prime in what I can only guess is an attempt to capitalize on temporary popularity.  They did this in a similar way with that new Titania deluxe showing up conveniently alongside a free Titania for watching TennoCon.

In any event, to respond to the OP, I don't think anyone outside of DE knows what the status of the skin is.  I hope it hasn't been forgotten.  Baruuk deserves better than the skins currently available to him.

On 2022-09-02 at 12:35 PM, VSLl said:

On today's Prime Time, it was announced that Deluxe on Baruuk will not be released this year. Well... then I don't see the point even more, why it was necessary to show it so early.

Low key hoping that the reason for the long wait is due to animation rigging his second set of arms, so that they activate when you trigger Serene Storm. Also low key hoping that the recent void angel ephemera we got was a little test of sorts.

One can dream... one can dream.

Half a dozen new looks for Wisp's butt in a year, Titania's sexy swimsuit robot model frame, Valkyr's spikey chested bodysuit..

D.E. knows where the money is, and it's not in a niche male Warframe barely anyone owns, sadly ;_;

Honestly I'm not saying that in defense of it, I just feel about what's keeping niche frames from getting new aesthetic releases is that it isn't sexy and it's low return in comparison. I hope Baruuk does get this skin, I think it's neat! 

36 minutes ago, cute_moth.npc said:

Half a dozen new looks for Wisp's butt in a year, Titania's sexy swimsuit robot model frame, Valkyr's spikey chested bodysuit..

D.E. knows where the money is, and it's not in a niche male Warframe barely anyone owns, sadly ;_;

Honestly I'm not saying that in defense of it, I just feel about what's keeping niche frames from getting new aesthetic releases is that it isn't sexy and it's low return in comparison. I hope Baruuk does get this skin, I think it's neat! 

Imagine a world in which sex appeal wasn't a thing

That would be so.... so wonderful. To not have to deal with garbage like this.

Kinda screwed up that we're piloting half dead mutilated people and they're getting sexualized for money...

I was annoyed with Titania's new deluxe skin that just dropped out of the blue. It's nice but the deluxe skin she already had is really nice and fits her better thematically. We've got plenty of other frames that really need a glow up. Why not a new mag or octavia deluxe skin? The ones they have are.... not great. And they're pretty well loved frames. DE's decisions with deluxe skins are odd and frustrating.

Yes, this is a beautiful skin and I have been waiting for it since it was announced.

I have a bad feeling that this skin in this form will never be released. This would not be the first cancelled deluxe.

I didn’t see the last prime time, but if they don’t release it this year then maybe Baruuk Prime will not be released this winter as well. Because one release could benefit from the other and vice versa.

Of course I can understand DE’s decisions. Why should they make and release a deluxe on a warframe which pick rate is quite low. But this is not the players fault. They put him behind the worst Syndicate and just few players took the time to farm him. This will be changed after the Prime comes out. He will be much easier to get. I am curious about his pick rate after the Prime release.

All in all Baruuk deserves more love. He is amazing.

Because they DID mention it in Devstream 163, I think it will exist someday.

If Protea's is this month (Veilbreaker), Xaku's is this winter (Duviri, probably), and they did mention his Deluxe recently, I think we can expect him after that. Maybe spring/summer next year. They may have also been doing what they like to do and secretly working on them. Instead of Xaku's, it could be Deluxe -> Prime like someone said above. I don't think that will happen, though, because two other Deluxes are slated for this year.

I'd probably like the deluxe if it was actually body-proportional and had realistic detail rather than looking like he's made of melted clay, so it's hard to be excited for it. But I also like that his body type is on the smaller/petite side which is rare for males so his Bedouin Tennogen is much better (and even gives him ab muscles). They certainly oversexualize female frames with both their defaults and deluxe but rarely try for males even just for the sake of realistic anatomy. Revenant Deluxe was a huge surprise though but that trend already ended.

• 4 months later...
18 hours ago, VSLl said:

The second deluxe for Rhino is coming out next month. The skin for Baruuk is still in the expected.
He is the only warframe that has a prime version and doesn't have a single deluxe skin.

maybe he next? the last time rhino had a deluxe skin is 5 years ago iirc, i think he would have a deluxe soon because he is now frequently played.

• 1 month later...

Archived