Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archgun REWORK / Buff ideas

Sevenus.

2 hours ago, uumm said:

little note, 'heavy' enemies have a small chance of dropping heavy ammo in normal missions. It's not super practical for constant archgunning, but it is an option.

I dont think ive ever seen a heavy enemy besides profit taker bounties, maybe the grattler grineer in the plains too?

58 minutes ago, Sevenus. said:

I dont think ive ever seen a heavy enemy besides profit taker bounties, maybe the grattler grineer in the plains too?

heavy gunners, bombards, those kinds of enemies

It's decently rare, but it does happen

16 hours ago, Sevenus. said:

The cooldown goes up to minutes depends on how much ammo you use, i think it could have like 20-30 cooldown regardless instead.

Then again i dont actually mind it because i specifically use dispensary to refill archgun ammo before i swap out to negate the cooldown, and thats pretty much the only way to fill ammo for archguns. The other way is archgun corpus enemies on the profit taker.

Perhaps make eximus units drop mutated ammo drops?

Or add an exilus mod that mutates ammo dropped into archgun ammo?(ammo mutation)

*Edit : this actually sounds like a better idea. Will edit the tread.

Heavy units already have a chance to drop archgun ammo. Bombards, corpus tech, and ancients can all drop it. I'm pretty sure there are some more units classed as that but it's hard information to find. Basically before the eximus rework lotus would use the voice line
"a heavy unit is incoming" when they started spawning. It used to include heavy gunners, napalms, and I think nullifiers as well not sure if it still does. Now that voice line is only for eximus so good luck on figuring out what "heavy unit" actually entails nowadays

Man buff for archguns in gen sounds good to me. I dont like how spamminable they can be though, as i feel that kills a lot of potential for how much damage they should deal.

If i got to go through animation lock to call down a BFG to slowdown my movement speed and make my access to other weapons harder. 

That thing better wipe whatever is in front of me off my screen, otherwise all that locked and loaded junk was for nothing

6 hours ago, Drasiel said:

Heavy units already have a chance to drop archgun ammo. Bombards, corpus tech, and ancients can all drop it. I'm pretty sure there are some more units classed as that but it's hard information to find. Basically before the eximus rework lotus would use the voice line
"a heavy unit is incoming" when they started spawning. It used to include heavy gunners, napalms, and I think nullifiers as well not sure if it still does. Now that voice line is only for eximus so good luck on figuring out what "heavy unit" actually entails nowadays

I do play with larkspur all the time for years now and to be honest i never even noticed if there were any ammo for archgun dropped from enemies which i would love to be changed. Although DE said that the next ammo rework will seperate ammo into two classes except for the mutated or heavy ammo(they said they are not gonna talk about that in the drvstream) which was abit concerning.

1 hour ago, Sevenus. said:

I do play with larkspur all the time for years now and to be honest i never even noticed if there were any ammo for archgun dropped from enemies which i would love to be changed. Although DE said that the next ammo rework will seperate ammo into two classes except for the mutated or heavy ammo(they said they are not gonna talk about that in the drvstream) which was abit concerning.

yeah shotgun, sniper (or special as some called it), and rifle are all being combined into primary with different pickup amounts on the gun end depending what it is. Secondary is.... well staying as secondary with a buff to pickup and same differentiation of pickups on gun end. Heavy is not being touched from the look of it, although I also worry that because drop rate for ammo is being reduced with chonkier pickups to make up for it that heavy might become more rare. Something to keep an eye on for sure.

3 hours ago, Drasiel said:

yeah shotgun, sniper (or special as some called it), and rifle are all being combined into primary with different pickup amounts on the gun end depending what it is. Secondary is.... well staying as secondary with a buff to pickup and same differentiation of pickups on gun end. Heavy is not being touched from the look of it, although I also worry that because drop rate for ammo is being reduced with chonkier pickups to make up for it that heavy might become more rare. Something to keep an eye on for sure.

Maybe it will be a good idea to add arcanes that increase ammo efficency or turn ammo into rechargeable magazine too.

To be honest i thin Eximus units should be able to drop them. For now im sticking to dispensary

On 2022-09-04 at 1:03 AM, Leqesai said:

They're for use in space, not for taking out "ships"

Then they should not be as huge and heavy.   Coz to kill "spaceborne infantry" a modified Opticor would be enough.

I mean, numerical values aside, these do look like they were made for BIG targets.

I think that Ships and Vehicles (and some enemies maybe) must have resistance to normal guns.   Only archguns should deal full damage to these.

1 hour ago, Kainosh said:

Then they should not be as huge and heavy.   Coz to kill "spaceborne infantry" a modified Opticor would be enough.

I mean, numerical values aside, these do look like they were made for BIG targets.

I think that Ships and Vehicles (and some enemies maybe) must have resistance to normal guns.   Only archguns should deal full damage to these.

The idea behind arch guns is they are functionally able to be used in space while regular guns are not. 

On 2022-09-04 at 8:50 AM, Sevenus. said:

The only times I've ever seen them drop is when my archgun is put away... It's still useful for reducing cooldown, I suppose.

I think a lot of the arguing about "Archguns are underpowered!" vs "No they're not!" might be forgetting that "space mode" and "ground mode" have different stats and different roles. Space mode archguns feel alright power-wise, actually. It's specifically the grounded Heavy Weapon mode that feels a bit underwhelming right now, at least for a lot of the non-Necramech archguns. Comes down to what I said about different roles: the space mode might not be meant to feel like a superweapon... but the Heavy Weapon mode is, and right now it's lacking something.

I definitely agree that some of the Archgun mods could use some buffing up, too. Oddly, the base elemental mods are actually better than the standard weapon ones - 120% element. Yet almost everything else is weaker (I say almost because Archguns do have some special mods that at least sound powerful on paper, like Critical Focus).

Archived