Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I dont want to be Grineer

OfPowerOfWant

All the people going "why can Kahl-175 fight Sentients?"

...I see you've yet to do the Synthesis, the Grineer exist as a military force because back in the Old War one of the first Sentients to get killed got killed by a half dead Grineer Miner with a plasma shovel. Grineer have ALWAYS been able to threaten Sentients. The reason the Orokin had trouble with the Sentients in the first place was that the Sentients could subvert the cool high tech S#&$ they wanted to use, which is why they got forced into relying on peeps armed with "Gun and Blade".

6 hours ago, Ethorin said:

All the people going "why can Kahl-175 fight Sentients?"

...I see you've yet to do the Synthesis, the Grineer exist as a military force because back in the Old War one of the first Sentients to get killed got killed by a half dead Grineer Miner with a plasma shovel. Grineer have ALWAYS been able to threaten Sentients. The reason the Orokin had trouble with the Sentients in the first place was that the Sentients could subvert the cool high tech S#&$ they wanted to use, which is why they got forced into relying on peeps armed with "Gun and Blade".

So why can a grineer grakata which is the same as a grakata used by a tenno on their warframe, waste sentients by the dozens, when the warframe can barely down a couple.

It isn't a bad thing, but the sentients were laying waste to the grineer and corpus armies and flight groups.  The sentients were winning.  Suddenly, they can be constantly wiped out without any effort by the same armies that were there yesterday.  There is no actual good reason why Narmer happened, if Kahl can succeed with the same weapons they used before.  (not to mention that he used a Corinth for a while and it had no problems, so again, why are tenno and warframes crippled when using the same equipment?)

But it's just discussion and feedback.  I do agree.  I don't actually enjoy most of the alternative gameplay.  It often feels shoehorned into the game and has minimal growth or features that make it unique or even close to the gameplay that I enjoy while playing warframe.  I have not been happy with archwing, railjack, necromechs, and it seems like things just keep getting tagged on.  The problem keeps coming up also that we can't actually ignore it and skip over it.  If we don't participate in those things, we are eventually locked out of warframe pretty much as they require it to play quests, and progression/resources for some things.

The camp for Kahl is not necessarily bad, but it just doesn't seem reasonable that we can't do it as our warframes.  That said, if we don't actually want to do the missions and have done the quest, we are still stuck with Kahl and his camp in our landing zone.  We can't get rid of him.  We don't run around it a lot, but now we are stuck with him even if we want to get rid of him.

So yeah, DE made the choice and we either ride along and do what they offer, or we ignore it all and just quit the game.  They don't have to make changes to this, but the feedback here really needs to be, for the people that don't want to play the alternate modes, find some better alternatives and stop requiring these modes.  And stop shoving things into spaces that players have been trying to use.  You already made railjack hangars at all the relays, if a player feels like they want to evict Kahl, then get Kahl out and find somewhere else for him and his camp to go.

I would very much like to kick Kahl out of my camp (and all the other NPCs that will be showing up shortly.) It was a nice, secluded, peaceful place before (a nice place to visit, wouldn't want to live there.) He should go over to Iron Wake with Steel Meridian... they're all about helping the Grineer anyway. I want the ship in orbit as my home base of operations too, not the laggy and more cumbersome drifter camp... now I have to switch to the camp to interact with this grineer thing (and probably all the other NPCs as well.)

I don't want to play as a Grineer, or a Corpus, or a Dax (or an Operator) or a Nechramech. The Railjack is sorta ok... now that it's more solo'able. I only have 1 friend who I play with, and I don't like picking up randoms.)

I'm going to have to do the Kahl stuff, given that it's going to be one way to obtain the Archon shards, and 52 a year is going to take 5 years (250 shards) to put full shards in each of the released frames (and in those 5 years, at least another 15 frames - at 3 frames a year - will be released... so tack on 40ish weeks. And since they're on a rotation, only 1/3rd will be of the colors you most want... it may take 3x longer if you only want shards of one color.) Doing Kahl's weekly mission will cut that in half... so, 2.5yrs... yeah... (There are a few frames I never use, so they'll be the last on my list to get shards... but still, that's going to take ages...)

If only it were content I could ignore, like Kuva Liches and sisters of Parvos (I only did one Lich, when I created one accidentally early on.) I'm giving my negative feedback on that system by my actions... even though I would really like all the mastery that comes from those weapons (I could be LR2 instead of LR1... I'm not too concerned on missing out here... though, the Nukor and Cycron would be potentially useful secondaries to have access to, I just wouldn't ever use the Bramma, no matter how strong it is - I hate bows and guns in general.) Overall, I disagree with the Lich system in concept - we're CREATING these Grineer generals and setting them loose on the system, just to get a shiny weapon... I mean, according to what I know of the lore here, without the Tenno killing the test subjects, no Liches would exist... the system would be a safer place. They've made most of the grind better over time, but I'm still not engaging with that game mechanic.

20 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I'm mostly annoyed with DE's dialog choices when writing Kahl

his Actions show he's clearly intelligent, why fall into such stereotypical "I'm a little slow, George, tell me about the bunnies" speech pattern stereotypes?

because it follows the lore for how grineer who don't speak to non-grineer form their sentences, which can be found in the simaris research entries. The longer the grineer are around and talk to Bilsa the more refined their speech becomes.

The gameplay addition is rather nice in my opinion, a decent change of pace, and I'd love to see it fleshed out via other playable characters. In fact, we need a successor to Veso-R in order to preserve the abilities & mechanics that are present. Remember Stalker mode? Yeah, I've been patiently waiting for DE to remember that as well, that'd be neat to try. I'd even enjoy running these alternative missions independent of the weekly reward factor.

If you aren't getting any enjoyment out of it, more power to you, but I really want DE to flesh out their alternative gameplay for once.

4 hours ago, (PSN)AyinDygra said:

I would very much like to kick Kahl out of my camp (and all the other NPCs that will be showing up shortly.) It was a nice, secluded, peaceful place before (a nice place to visit, wouldn't want to live there.) He should go over to Iron Wake with Steel Meridian... they're all about helping the Grineer anyway. I want the ship in orbit as my home base of operations too, not the laggy and more cumbersome drifter camp... now I have to switch to the camp to interact with this grineer thing (and probably all the other NPCs as well.)

I don't want to play as a Grineer, or a Corpus, or a Dax (or an Operator) or a Nechramech. The Railjack is sorta ok... now that it's more solo'able. I only have 1 friend who I play with, and I don't like picking up randoms.)

I'm going to have to do the Kahl stuff, given that it's going to be one way to obtain the Archon shards, and 52 a year is going to take 5 years (250 shards) to put full shards in each of the released frames (and in those 5 years, at least another 15 frames - at 3 frames a year - will be released... so tack on 40ish weeks. And since they're on a rotation, only 1/3rd will be of the colors you most want... it may take 3x longer if you only want shards of one color.) Doing Kahl's weekly mission will cut that in half... so, 2.5yrs... yeah... (There are a few frames I never use, so they'll be the last on my list to get shards... but still, that's going to take ages...)

If only it were content I could ignore, like Kuva Liches and sisters of Parvos (I only did one Lich, when I created one accidentally early on.) I'm giving my negative feedback on that system by my actions... even though I would really like all the mastery that comes from those weapons (I could be LR2 instead of LR1... I'm not too concerned on missing out here... though, the Nukor and Cycron would be potentially useful secondaries to have access to, I just wouldn't ever use the Bramma, no matter how strong it is - I hate bows and guns in general.) Overall, I disagree with the Lich system in concept - we're CREATING these Grineer generals and setting them loose on the system, just to get a shiny weapon... I mean, according to what I know of the lore here, without the Tenno killing the test subjects, no Liches would exist... the system would be a safer place. They've made most of the grind better over time, but I'm still not engaging with that game mechanic.

What is so special about these shards?  I don't really view them as mandatory.  Will there eventually be some mode, where you can feel like all the shard grinding has paid off or that you regret not grinding them?  And why every frame?  I admit, I have put forma in most frames, but there's many I don't play often and their builds are not always optimized or updated w my/the games everchanging skill and mechanics.  But I guess if you do rotate between your frames pretty evenly and want to maximize their capabilities..

1 hour ago, Lord_Drod said:

What is so special about these shards?  I don't really view them as mandatory.  Will there eventually be some mode, where you can feel like all the shard grinding has paid off or that you regret not grinding them?  And why every frame?  I admit, I have put forma in most frames, but there's many I don't play often and their builds are not always optimized or updated w my/the games everchanging skill and mechanics.  But I guess if you do rotate between your frames pretty evenly and want to maximize their capabilities..

I have my core of mainly played frames (Wisp, Inaros, Loki, Oberon, Nekros, Frost, and Styanax has earned a place - 7 frames I know I'll want sharded asap, 35 weeks minimum, and they'll get all my Tauforged versions. I haven't decided which colors will benefit each one the most, so it'll likely take at least 40 weeks, and probably a full year... and that's just my core frames. I also like to play Titania, Saryn, Wukong, Protea, Lavos, and Mesa - in special instances, like Lavos to pilot in Railjack, Mesa if I want to go into Granum voids, Wukong for open world, Saryn for Sanctuary Onslaught, Titania for when I don't want to bother with Parkour in Jupiter or just zip around for fun - so 6 more frames, 30 more weeks... I've got a minimum of 2 years of grind ahead of me, just to shard the frames I know I'll be playing. That's 13 of 50 frames.)

The other end of that, is that I'm a completionist in most RPGs I play. I won't feel "done" with a frame until I have its Prime, and optimized it for how I like to play. I rarely follow build guides, since I play differently from most Youtubers and such.

8 hours ago, JHarlequin said:

So why can a grineer grakata which is the same as a grakata used by a tenno on their warframe, waste sentients by the dozens, when the warframe can barely down a couple.

Because the Sentients that get sent at the Tenno are Sentients intended to FIGHT the Tenno, the Sentients Kahl is fighting are... well, not. 

8 hours ago, JHarlequin said:

It isn't a bad thing, but the sentients were laying waste to the grineer and corpus armies and flight groups.  The sentients were winning.  Suddenly, they can be constantly wiped out without any effort by the same armies that were there yesterday. 

Kahl has so far always been BEHIND the front lines, the Sentient's he's been fighting are third and fourth line Sentients, the ones there just in case some crippled nearly dead Grineer or Corpus survived the advance by hiding. 

Also, worth considering that the density of Sentients Kahl's fighting is probably not the same as the density of Sentients that initially overwhelmed the area.

Finally, it's also worth remembering that in TNW when you fight the same Sentients that Kahl was... they die real damn fast.

On 2022-09-09 at 10:08 PM, Drasiel said:

I'm not really into conclave but drifter style pvp with on call crew sounds at least interesting.

I don't think it's a zero sum game there, liking soft toys doesn't preclude liking action figures. We have the precursor to action figures is the statues but honestly articulated action figures would be great.

Yeah I actually miss the void melee, it wasn't very good but it felt really natural to have it.

Idk conclave but that don`t mean I want it to be stagnant DE could make it good.

Like:

• Operator/drifter/on-call crew as playable characters.
  • Operator and necromech team up (like titanfall)
  • A game mode where operators have to find broken mech pieces to build then defeat other players (obviously it needs more than that)
  • K-drive racing.
Spoiler

Warframe 20210907110349 by Aaronj-c

• A melee only game-mode.

Zenurik`s void blast was better but at least you could defend yourself now they can`t. My idea is for operators to get void melee, just imagine this being a thing.

Operator Narissa with blades 1. by Aaronj-c

Archived