Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I dont want to be Grineer

OfPowerOfWant

I second this. I play warframe to play my Warframes, NOT to play a slow, cumbersome grineer.

Warframes gameplay does not suit slow and cumbersome. Its very jarring, and really makes me disinterested in the new "content" that isn't even accessable! Whoever thought that was smart.... sorry, that wasn't smart

I on the other hand am excited to have a different method of play for a once a week mission. So I guess like I've been told every time I don't like a game mode: don't play it and don't expect to get the rewards on offer another way outside of trading what rewards are tradeable.

1 minute ago, Drasiel said:

I on the other hand am excited to have a different method of play for a once a week mission. So I guess like I've been told every time I don't like a game mode: don't play it and don't expect to get the rewards on offer another way outside of trading what rewards are tradeable.

Thus my statement, if i could bypass the kahl portion of the Quest there'd be no post, they can keep their shards lol if i want mods, trade exist

Only posted so an alt voice on the issue was heard and potential alternatives could be brainstormed if they still wanted to extract my time and cash in relation to added content

there is already tons of content i dont play and have played solo since nidus was added having zero complaints untili couldnt bypass kahl in the war and they killed void dash

7 minutes ago, OfPowerOfWant said:

Thus my statement, if i could bypass the kahl portion of the Quest there'd be no post, they can keep their shards lol if i want mods, trade exist

Only posted so an alt voice on the issue was heard and potential alternatives could be brainstormed if they still wanted to extract my time and cash in relation to added content

there is already tons of content i dont play and have played solo since nidus was added having zero complaints untili couldnt bypass kahl in the war and they killed void dash

Did you have problem with it in new war? It's a pretty short quest not much longer than the different mission sections in new war, pretty easy to one and done it.

I'm mostly annoyed that a half-dead grineer clone with a machete can two-shot sentients. I get that story quests are usually undertune and low-level , but it really chepens sentients as an antagonistic force when any shmuck with the worse melee weapon type in the game can take them out in a couple of swings / a couple bullets from a grakata. Is sentient immunity no longer a thing ?

1 hour ago, Drasiel said:

Did you have problem with it in new war? It's a pretty short quest not much longer than the different mission sections in new war, pretty easy to one and done it.

No difficulty issue but the writing and choices in the game definitely grow more annoying personally

A lot of forced sentiment when i've played for years and built real spite for factions and npcs

havent liked lotus for years and wanted to kick her helmet into the abyss, i rarely enter that room in the orbiter and would never have gone after her in New War, i would have struck the final blow 

I do not like the infested and think doing anything but umbraing the frames is exploitative once we've seen their origin so i dont helminth 

I usually mained Operator and Excal U until dash dissapeared now back to melee and bow mostly

got disturbed by slaughtering kubrows endlessly for eggs instead of being able to put them to sleep so stopped, though ivara might work, it was long ago

Having new loka in the game is cool but if you just do the same deviant ish, join the enemies that do it, etc. What is the point lol?

Why would we let an infested boil hit a planet instead of at least having a chance to archwing or railjack it?

I generally find what i like and keep to myself but really dont want to Have to be Grineer or anything else to actually progress so just giving that feedback

4 minutes ago, OfPowerOfWant said:

No difficulty issue but the writing and choices in the game definitely grow more annoying personally

A lot of forced sentiment when i've played for years and built real spite for factions and npcs

havent liked lotus for years and wanted to kick her helmet into the abyss, i rarely enter that room in the orbiter and would never have gone after her in New War, i would have struck the final blow 

I do not like the infested and think doing anything but umbraing the frames is exploitative once we've seen their origin so i dont helminth 

I usually mained Operator and Excal U until dash dissapeared now back to melee and bow mostly

got disturbed by slaughtering kubrows endlessly for eggs instead of being able to put them to sleep so stopped, though ivara might work, it was long ago

Having new loka in the game is cool but if you just do the same deviant ish, join the enemies that do it, etc. What is the point lol?

Why would we let an infested boil hit a planet instead of at least having a chance to archwing or railjack it?

I generally find what i like and keep to myself but really dont want to Have to be Grineer or anything else to actually progress so just giving that feedback

So you just don't like current warframe basically. That's fair feedback I guess, I'm sorry you feel that way.

You don't actually have to kill any kubrows themselves the dens is what drops the egg. Although the kubrows will attack you regardless of smashing the dens or not.

Seems no different to the Fortuna grind take for me.

I absolutely hated doing that, felt like a chore! But I wanted parts for kitguns and MOAs at the time so I had to grit my teeth on it. 

The only good thing is I actually enjoyed the Kahl mission and I am sorry it wasn't for you but each their own! 

I'm not sure I'd agree on the bypass though. There is always going to be content on any  game you'll hate, no matter what. Warframe is no different. Take Railjack and some of the grinds that has for a loose example. 

My issue though is that if you start offering bypasses for such content like this, people are going to want bypasses for other things big or small. Take Raids if they come back, I'm sure people are going to want to bypass the content and such for just  loot even at a reduced level. I just don't think it's a healthy thing for the game to offer. 

I do agree with you on some of the writing at times though... 

1 hour ago, Mediloric said:

Seems no different to the Fortuna grind take for me.

I absolutely hated doing that, felt like a chore! But I wanted parts for kitguns and MOAs at the time so I had to grit my teeth on it. 

The only good thing is I actually enjoyed the Kahl mission and I am sorry it wasn't for you but each their own! 

I'm not sure I'd agree on the bypass though. There is always going to be content on any  game you'll hate, no matter what. Warframe is no different. Take Railjack and some of the grinds that has for a loose example. 

My issue though is that if you start offering bypasses for such content like this, people are going to want bypasses for other things big or small. Take Raids if they come back, I'm sure people are going to want to bypass the content and such for just  loot even at a reduced level. I just don't think it's a healthy thing for the game to offer. 

I understand the bypass concern which is why its mainly a quest note and im honestly ok with no rewards then as well, just let me progress and i'll check in on the next one.

I like the Nataruk from the New War but never did the bounties to get the other weapons. 

I did a couple liches but the bullet sponge recharging shield is just annoying even if i know the "easy way", i just dont like it and not into mini game like elements guessing the combination and such. I'll hunt for clues but just randomly guessing, why? they take thousands in damage from you and then join you and are mediocre imo

I liked Fortuna until they messed up the spawns to maintain the grind. I did max them i believe but I dont like little duck or juggling elements so haven't havent done the orbs

I started one raid and quit after 10 mins of watching people argue, I loved dark sector conflicts but the team puzzle with all new mechanics were meh. Its a symptom of the updatable games imo, when its all built to flow you learn as you go but when you just plop a whole new set of rules, goals, things you have to do, some people wont get it and may trigger others. I could already kill everything in the game so the arcanes didnt interest me enough to endure it or set up squads 

All in all, some keep saying harder please but I dont like the feeling that a deity intentionally made something more difficult for the sake of being difficult and keeps modifying the rules as we go to do so. You made it a certain way, i or we figured out, then you change it to make it more annoying lol. 

I used to love solo Interceptions then they added limbo and viver "exploits" happened, no more solo key farm... They can keep the additions if it disturbs the game i like already imo but thats just me, i move on but not trying to play "Wargrunt" at all

5 hours ago, (PSN)Stealth_Cobra said:

I'm mostly annoyed that a half-dead grineer clone with a machete can two-shot sentients. I get that story quests are usually undertune and low-level , but it really chepens sentients as an antagonistic force when any shmuck with the worse melee weapon type in the game can take them out in a couple of swings / a couple bullets from a grakata. Is sentient immunity no longer a thing ?

I think the ship was infected. The daughter had some control of it with systems. I do not think that there is another nonsense more than magic.

6 hours ago, OfPowerOfWant said:

Some people seem to love Clem, Kahl

I am not one of them 

Thank you for saying this. I don`t see the fascination with clem and kahl like ppl are obsessed with bloody floofs. I don`t like playing ugly game characters now if I was playing a grineer manic that would be cool. I`d rather play my operator that has better mobility and void melee, one thing I will say I would like to see some gameplay like this for operator only missions or conclave where operators are used.

It seems that kah likes to be ugly. It's like a war, he lives in a completely different world, where careless crying operators can kill his brothers by the millions every day without any problems. Can he have a little respect and sympathy? Or at least your efforts for his new helmet, which will hide his face.

32 minutes ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

Thank you for saying this. I don`t see the fascination with clem and kahl like ppl are obsessed with bloody floofs. I don`t like playing ugly game characters now if I was playing a grineer manic that would be cool. I`d rather play my operator that has better mobility and void melee, one thing I will say I would like to see some gameplay like this for operator only missions or conclave where operators are used.

clem started as a bug where allies in invasion missions were scaling too high and so you could get an npc that would stay with you the whole mission. They named him clem after the "get clem" voice line and shared a screenshot of a grineer lancer who made it through the entire mission and was standing in extraction at the end of the mission with the tenno. Datareaper (may he rest in peace) made a comic series about the little grineer that wanted to leave with the tenno.The comic was silly and kind of adorable. Clem was eventually added into the game as a sort of easter egg. We have two grakatas, clem, and the undyat syandana because the Dev's embraced the community created comic. Clem is essentially living proof of the community's ability to affect the game and outside of the meme of him that's why he's loved. John Prodman has a similar origins story.

Floofs are just stuffed toys, most people have a soft spot for stuffed toys you know, unless they are a joyless misers (I'm kidding mostly)

Maybe we'll be able to dress Khal as a grineer manic one day, more customization is always good.

12 hours ago, (PSN)Stealth_Cobra said:

Go hit up Simaris, read some of the lore from his terminal. 

Well, nothing is perfect in our world, and videogames is no exeption. Oftenly we have to do someithg we don't really like within almost every game

And this case is a really good exeption - you will be able to trade for new archont mods with other players, you will be able go gain shards via archont hunts (though, twice as slow), you can buy any new weapon from the store with plat. So, you can avoid playing grineer for 100% of time, and gaining only 1 shard a week instead of two is a good compromise and a really small price for feeling comfortable, if you don't want play grineer that much

6 hours ago, selig_fay said:

It seems that kah likes to be ugly. It's like a war, he lives in a completely different world, where careless crying operators can kill his brothers by the millions every day without any problems. Can he have a little respect and sympathy? Or at least your efforts for his new helmet, which will hide his face.

lol If you have that for them, feel free to distribute some concern. 

Careless Operator here, waiting to ragdoll his brothers as soon as their eyes meet, like true Tenno Scum

10 minutes ago, TheOlright said:

Well, nothing is perfect in our world, and videogames is no exeption. Oftenly we have to do someithg we don't really like within almost every game

And this case is a really good exeption - you will be able to trade for new archont mods with other players, you will be able go gain shards via archont hunts (though, twice as slow), you can buy any new weapon from the store with plat. So, you can avoid playing grineer for 100% of time, and gaining only 1 shard a week instead of two is a good compromise and a really small price for feeling comfortable, if you don't want play grineer that much

Pretty sure i'll have to talk to Kahl to access the shard missions, they can keep those as i'm pretty sure they require helminth interactions

Only form of resistance we have is not engaging

If other people want to spend extra time on damage reduction for their accomplishment dopamine rush by all means they can have at it. 

i'd just beat it, get annoyed it took so long and press Alt-F4 anyway.

Others will most likely find a way to reduce that time until somebody spreads it on youtube or reddit and triggers a nerf lol, I'm over it.

15 hours ago, OfPowerOfWant said:

but would like some built in bypass or alternative in the future in terms of quests

Plat is the way. We will buy Styanax from the market. Same for weapons probably (I think someone has bought them). Mods would be probably tradeable.Then there are (probably) shards. We have Archon hunts. They are not great but it's still alternative.

I'm not sure what are the rest stuffs (except Kahl cosmetics that you and I don't care).

15 hours ago, ToxicChimpGaming said:

as of right now the only things locked behind kahl is his own cosmetics... so if you dont want to play then dont, although i do realize the new frame will be after these first 2 weeks, but then again all you have to do to avoid that is log in

Repeat this month later.

15 hours ago, (PSN)Stealth_Cobra said:

Is sentient immunity no longer a thing ?

Yeah, it was changed as fair I remember during New war quest. They could can be proced or other stuffs so we can just smash it till they die.

13 hours ago, Mediloric said:

"Bypassing" is healthy for gamer. You don't want players to spend a lot of time in content they hate.

RJ, Operator, Mechs or now Kahl is VERY different than core game.

Orphix missions limits usage of gear to OPs or Mechs. You can use Mechs or not - choise is your. You can buy rewards from other players.

Op has some usage but it's not whole missions (e.g. void cascade to destroy the thing).

RJ is much bigger. Sometimes even whole mission consist of RJ part. Tenet melees are restricted to RJ only content (you cannot buy or trade them).

And Kahl is whole mission about Grineer (as fair I can see). I guess lot of stuffs can be bought/traded. That's good. Rest of stuffs like Grineer cosmetics is not for us so we don't care about those

9 hours ago, selig_fay said:

No. If I could I would make him naked. I've already put off majority of his "clothes" to make him smaller (more to see).

8 hours ago, Drasiel said:

Floofs are just stuffed toys, most people have a soft spot for stuffed toys you know, unless they are a joyless misers (I'm kidding mostly)

Or you can find them... not great?

It should say enough about the current state of the game to players that people enjoying being clunky and slow (necramechs, grineer) is new and exciting for them to want to do it more. Personally, love Kahl, he's an evolution on the concepts that have existed in game of grineer defectors for a long time. Way better than Steel Meridian and their non-existence outside of getting mods/relics. At least Kahl is adding to the universe even if he didn't to the gameplay, which I think he does. It's refreshing seeing how balanced DE can make something when they don't have to keep +10000000% damage on a given weapon in mind and just balance us all around having the same kit, HP, weapons, and rough DPS. And skipping playing as Kahl exists! All you have to do is probably spend a lot of money getting the rewards he'll offer from the shop. Which has been DE's marketing strategy since the start of this game. You don't want to play the content? Cough up the cash.

On 2022-09-08 at 7:37 AM, Drasiel said:

-snip-

Instead of clam I would like to play as my on-call crew character if they were a playable character in conclave that would be good but conclave needs some improvement before that happens.

I don`t understand how the action figures aren't liked, you can have a mini warframe figure, put it in a pose and display it that is way better in my eyes, why would you like bloody floofs over that? and I want an operator one that would be cool.

One thing I`m want is for operators to get void melee coz atm they can`t defend themselves, it would be cool to have operator only missions, seeing other ppl customisations. Here's hoping this will someday be a thing and I will keep pushing for it. 

On 2022-09-07 at 5:06 PM, (PSN)Stealth_Cobra said:

Sentients are easier to kill now as a warframe too tho

8 hours ago, (PSN)Vexx757 said:

Instead of clam I would like to play as my on-call crew character if they were a playable character in conclave that would be good but conclave needs some improvement before that happens.

I don`t understand how the action figures aren't liked, you can have a mini warframe figure, put it in a pose and display it that is way better in my eyes, why would you like bloody floofs over that? and I want an operator one that would be cool.

One thing I`m want is for operators to get void melee coz atm they can`t defend themselves, it would be cool to have operator only missions, seeing other ppl customisations. Here's hoping this will someday be a thing and I will keep pushing for it. 

I'm not really into conclave but drifter style pvp with on call crew sounds at least interesting.

I don't think it's a zero sum game there, liking soft toys doesn't preclude liking action figures. We have the precursor to action figures is the statues but honestly articulated action figures would be great.

Yeah I actually miss the void melee, it wasn't very good but it felt really natural to have it.

Archived