Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why the community division?

Champagne_23

Why is the community divided between single target and aoe and in favor of the update and against it? This was a nice and chill community and now it's just divided. With each update, everything is going downhill.

I really liked the bramma because it's an explosive shooting arrow, you can't tell me this is not metal af and it was efficient at clearing stuff because OF THE GAME CONTENT. Single targets have a place in my heart too for their sheer damage that some can pack. (just look a knell prime. LOOK AT IT)
If single target would've got nerfed i would not be celebrating because some people now are forced to adapt and their investment in those weapons may be big. (formas, potatoes, time, rivens, endo). Imagine griding all these kuva and tenet weapons and max them out so you can receive a few formas and some potatoes so you will cry less..

Why are people so selfish in a PVE game for actually no reason at all?

This is just a bad update- aoe nerf, not needed ammo rework, merciless nerf, battery weapons crippled, operator propa nerf, glaive prime nerf, archon hunts are low efort sorties and arbi combined, and rushed content for no reason..

1 minute ago, Champagne_23 said:

Indeed, I too wonder why AOE users are selfish enough to ruin the gameplay experience of others.

I came here to play Warframe, not a walking simulator.

Because some people (include devs) refuse to accept that Warframe (as designed) is not an MMO or skill-based rogue-like or whatever other category there is. It's a horde shooter. If everyone could agree on this there would be no division. Instead you have people whining about skill and the devs then attempting to inject "skill" into the game by taking away your warframe/void powers (TNW -- looking at you) or making "bosses" invulnerable bullet sponges with mission modifiers that take some of your abilities away.

Another big chunk of the ire is that with the Wukong nerf, some of those people who are complaining are upset they lost their way to "win" the game without having to put in any time, effort, or thought into builds or trying out other Frames and features (Helminth abilities, Spectres). Their laziness negatively impacted others and now the chickens have come home to roost. I can't say I'm shedding tears for them, but I do feel bad for the legitimate Wukong mains who didn't use him as a crutch to turn everything into a cake walk.

7 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Indeed, I too wonder why AOE users are selfish enough to ruin the gameplay experience of others.

I came here to play Warframe, not a walking simulator.

Thanks for backing my statement. The game should be tailored for you so you can play the game how you want.

7 minutes ago, Champagne_23 said:

Some of us simply want balance. That isnt really selfish since we are prepared to sacrifice mindless power in favor of better outlooks for the devs to create more sustainable content for us all. For me the AoE nerf did little, it is still too easy to keep a Kuva Zarr stocked on ammo throughout a Steel Path survival. Made sure as hell today when I formad Styanax to pretty much only use the Zarr aside from his skills. Didnt run out of ammo a single time even with 25 shots less in total compared to pre-patch.

It also wasnt to the point where I had to stop shooting to scavenge ammo and lose life support in the process, no, it was constant killing with a single weapon out of my 3 in the loadout. So if anyone has trouble, use more of your loadout as one. I'm sure there are some weapons that got crippled, but those are things that can be fixed, just as there are weapons that probably could use even more restrictions.

Just now, Champagne_23 said:

Thanks for backing my statement. The game should be tailored for you so you can play the game how you want.

And that's the thing: It now is. You now have solid reasons to use multiple weapon types in this multiplayer game.

Controversial as it might be for me to say this, but I don't think shooting vaguely in the direction of the red minimap markers for an entire mission counts as "playing" the game.

1 minute ago, SenorClipClop said:

The community is divided because the community is big. Try getting hundreds of people to agree on anything, let alone the millions of users in Warframe.

Well, you're not wrong. It's a good to keep the perspective that forums, Discord, Twitter, et al make up a small-ish fraction of an otherwise huge community: the vast majority probably don't use those social platforms to voice their opinions. If forums et al made up the whole of the community, then the game would have legitimately died on the vine after the first couple of updates with game mechanic changes. :T

2 minutes ago, Corvid said:

And that's the thing: It now is. You now have solid reasons to use multiple weapon types in this multiplayer game.

Controversial as it might be for me to say this, but I don't think shooting vaguely in the direction of the red minimap markers for an entire mission counts as "playing" the game.

I'm gonna start calling you B-52, cos you keep dropping a wide selection of logic and sense bombs.

5 minutes ago, Corvid said:

And you are ok with the approach of taking care of the balance of these weapons? I did say about how they were used, but just limit force them it doesn't sound fair to me in this game and its core design.

2 minutes ago, Champagne_23 said:

And you are ok with the approach of taking care of the balance of these weapons? I did say about how they were used, but just limit force them it doesn't sound fair to me in this game and its core design.

You confused what the games "core design" is. Many people love to decide what DEs game is for them.

5 minutes ago, Champagne_23 said:

Dunno about him, but I am.

I like my Staltha, Bramma, and my Rubico Prime. And I will still say that some AoE weapons defo needed a nerf. It was getting really obnoxious.

8 minutes ago, Champagne_23 said:

The core design is having a vast toolkit to finish the job, the right tool for the right thing is intended. That is why we have a loadout of 3 (now 4) weapons, which allows us to use a different one for a different task i.e single target versus AoE and so on. Nerfing AoE, specifically the ammo economy helps live up to that idea of you the player using more than just one out of those 4 weapons in a mission. And that core design follows preactically everything in the game, from frames and weapons to operators, amps and focus schools.

Because some people act like smart-alecks thinking everyone who's mad about the update is mad about either the Wukong nerf or about AoE, when not all us Wukong players were lazy-afk'ers like they believe (I personally don't mind the nerf since I'm glad DE didn't touch his 2nd ability), that DE gutted most AoE and pseudo-AoE weapons (like the Amprex, Vermisplicer Primary and the Kuva Nukor) without adressing the core issue, that being this game being too horde shootery even though it was never this bad before mid-2017, and DE gutting ammo drop rates and unnecessarily nerfing the Merciless Arcanes, which in the process destroyed non-"meta" weapons that people used for fun such as the Kuva Seer, the Euphona Prime and the Twin Grakatas, just to name a few.

3 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

Oh no my ammo ran out, and I conveniently forgot my infinite use melee weapon back on my Orbiter before entering this mission. Time to hit that abort button instead of using my sidearm to kill for more primary ammo so stuff go boom, again.

That is true and probably the forecast- people switching back to melee and this whole weapons balance become nullified?

1 minute ago, Champagne_23 said:

That is true and probably the forecast- people switching back to melee and this whole weapons balance become nullified?

Yes please switch to melee, so my guns actually have time to hit still living targets that were bombarded into oblivion by AoE ad-nauseam.

1 minute ago, PsiWarp said:

Yes please switch to melee, so my guns actually have time to hit still living targets that were bombarded into oblivion by AoE ad-nauseam.

I just want to make you aware that there are still frames that can wipe the map :)

Maybe we can complain about these next, eh?

The only thing I'm against is DE slathering the game with so many heccing particle effects that you can't see anything.... 

Which I think is where a fair amount of the ire over AoE weapons comes from because the blast from most of those is just obscene particle vomit. 

Just now, Champagne_23 said:

Why is the community divided between single target and aoe and in favor of the update and against it? This was a nice and chill community and now it's just divided. With each update, everything is going downhill.

It's a good thing you don't have a horse in this race and remain 100% neutral. 😒

Archived