Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Styanax is great, but his 2.

The_Royal_Elf_Mika

his 2 really should of been a wall instead of tiny shields. if there is any distance between you and your target, you will probably have to cast it several times to get it to hit.

that is the only complaint i have with his kit, his 2 is a pain to hit with. 

oh i guess another issue is the throw assist on the 1 is buggy and i have often seen it purposefully miss where i am aiming several times in a row. but other than these 2 things, i think he is a great warframe.

edit: to clarify, what i mean is, lets say there is a grineer in front of me. i aim at the grineer, but the spear throws about 5 meters to the left of the grineer.

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Vampire_Mika said:

his 2 really should of been a wall instead of tiny shields. if there is any distance between you and your target, you will probably have to cast it several times to get it to hit.

that is the only complaint i have with his kit, his 2 is a pain to hit with. 

oh i guess another issue is the throw assist on the 1 is buggy and i have often seen it purposefully miss where i am aiming several times in a row. but other than these 2 things, i think he is a great warframe.

? By which one by shield ? you can mod it with range abilities to increase the large amount distance no problem and also when you get his ranking to the max the range for it is fine  for it is like almost like valkery war cry for he armor strips alot mroe then anyone thinks.  his 1 ability is fine, they did said there isn't 1 for you have to take guess where you are hitting.  Right now, to me you just sound like one those guys who want to cause a massive ppl click bait this for no reason or what so ever.

1 minute ago, ChaoticEdge said:

? By which one by shield ? you can mod it with range abilities to increase the large amount distance no problem and also when you get his ranking to the max the range for it is fine  for it is like almost like valkery war cry for he armor strips alot mroe then anyone thinks.  his 1 ability is fine, they did said there isn't 1 for you have to take guess where you are hitting.  Right now, to me you just sound like one those guys who want to cause a massive ppl click bait this for no reason or what so ever.

what i mean is that the projectiles from his 2 are a pain to hit with and i feel would of been better if it was a wave in front of him instead of small shield projectiles.

also, his 1 is not fine because i have had it several times not go where the enemy is. 

Yeah the 1 can be odd at times. I am curious as to what its hit box is, or the underlying mechanisms to it are, exactly. Like where the hit box comes from, how accurate/inaccurate it is to the model. Like I believe its suppose to be slightly homing, but sometimes my aim will be dead on, and it will completely miss, and seemingly arc around the target. Then again, there have been times, where the reticule has been on a Container Item, and I've been right beside it, with a hit scan weapon, and missed. Warframe can have odd stuff like that. 

I usually try and jump and aim down when using the 1, can help a little in avoiding its issues. Maybe the hit box could be improved? I don't mind too much personally, I'll just throw out another spear, when it happens, which isn't too often (for me). 

2 I mind less. I think it needs a limitation like that, to encourage you using it after the 1. You group the enemies, either by using the 1 close, whether thats with positioning and being near a wall, or jumping and hitting the enemy from a downward angle, it gathers enemy in one spot, and you use the 2 on them. Like Nyx, Banshee, etc can't so easily strip all enemies in a wide area, its limited to certain amount of enemies, in a limited area. I think these are comparable abilities...  I mean, we did get an armour rework, so its easier for a lot of abilities to get complete armour strip, buttt... for the level of strength we need to get full strip on one cast, against total amount of enemies... I do think, it needs to be fairly close range to be effective, or alternatively, from further distances, maybe having to cast multiple times, as a downside. 

I do get the complaint though, because like... obviously I'd find it really useful if it was more of a wave that definitely hit every enemy in an arc, but then I'd probably want Nyx and Banshee's abilities to be buffed as well, to be as good, and not require an augment etc 

55 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

His 2 is fine honestly, but his 1 could be better imo. It would be nice if it created a small pull on impact with surfaces as well as hitting/pinning enemies, because well over half the time I go to hit an enemy with it, it misses.

Spoiler

And every time it misses, this repeats in my head 🤣 😭

I am digging the frame but can see the gripes with both his 1 and 2.

Leave the shield animation in but connect them allowing everything to get hit when the 2 gets cast, maybe?
I can hit with his one np if I am on the ground but if I am jumping then the javelin runs the risk of missing. Leaving a vortex effect similar to how Frost's #1 would be nice as no shot gets wasted then. 

I agree that both abilities aren't the best but imo the 1 is worse than the 2. The 2 sucks for aiming but at least it strips armor an shields. Thr one is a pain to aim (using controller anyway) and is just a cc when it causes ragdoll. I would rather just use probiscis cernos if I want a similar effect but also with much higher damage.

Personally I ditched the 1 in favor of silence. Silence is God tier now that we have so many ways to do other stuff. 

8 hours ago, (NSW)Vampire_Mika said:

what i mean is that the projectiles from his 2 are a pain to hit with and i feel would of been better if it was a wave in front of him instead of small shield projectiles.

also, his 1 is not fine because i have had it several times not go where the enemy is. 

The projectiles in his 2 is just a gimmick. Tried in simulacrum. Even if it doesn't hit, the shields and armor are still stripped.

3 hours ago, Dunkelheit said:

I am thinking of replacing Styanax' 2 with Pillage from Hildryn. Would work quite well with his massive shields.

Bad idea.

His 2 doesn't only strip armor and shields, but also heals you. Instead, replace his 1 with better CC like Airburst/Ensnare/Larva.

since His 1 only pulls enemy when it stabs someone, and starts on wherever the projectile ends.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Rasdan:

Bad idea.

His 2 doesn't only strip armor and shields, but also heals you. Instead, replace his 1 with better CC like Airburst/Ensnare/Larva.

since His 1 only pulls enemy when it stabs someone, and starts on wherever the projectile ends.

I think "bad idea" is something different, because I am pretty sure I can solo every content with it, because Pillage is a bit OP.

But anyway, I wish they would change his one to make a Vortex whenever the speak hits something, even the floor.

21 hours ago, Numerikuu said:

His 2 is fine honestly, but his 1 could be better imo. It would be nice if it created a small pull on impact with surfaces as well as hitting/pinning enemies, because well over half the time I go to hit an enemy with it, it misses.

Hide contents

And every time it misses, this repeats in my head 🤣 😭

I have to agreed, I had no problem with his 2 and also don't have problem with his 1 for they could just slap on homing to it but I think the players have to be smart not have homing or not in chose because usually if you had homing on his 1 ability pretty much your going hit the wrong guy that you don't want to hit like exmius who still immune to warframe's ability for he doesn't fly for tested in the simulator room.  Also I don't have problem with it but yea if the players want to stop missing the dev probably going slap down one those "mod changer" to change his 1 ability to either suck any enemies near by and armor strip or shield strip them down.  Pretty much that is only good  uses what I think about it for it is giant vacuum sucking the enemies in 1 direction flying to their doom for good gosh who know how deep that hole is.

On 2022-09-11 at 11:12 PM, (NSW)Vampire_Mika said:

did you actually build for range? Styanax only has one power that requires duration, so the ideal build really is just focus on Strength + range as much as possibly, add Continuity or Primed Continuity to keep duration good enough and don't worry about efficiency because he can generate his own energy with his 3 anyway. I've never had issues hitting enemies even at medium range with his 2, and you only need to use t once per enemy since you'll have more than enough power strength for 100% armor strip.

his one requires a bit more precision, you need the javelin to hit the enemy directly or very nearly, it's not got insane tracking or anything. even if you miss it's no bother because it casts quickly and is cheap: in cases where the enemy is at long range I'll usually throw a second spear anyway at a slightly different position or while moving just to be sure. 

overall I love Styanax: his kit is simple, effective and straightforward; just like a spear!.

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

did you actually build for range? Styanax only has one power that requires duration, so the ideal build really is just focus on Strength + range as much as possibly

3 of his powers get much better with Duration?

1st: vortex lasts longer

3rd: lasts longer

4th: gains more spears based on duration which = more damage.

21 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

i think it's more for helmith. maybe even on purpose?

I'd just like a passive damage reduction. We have enough armor strips in the Helminth, DE. A damage reduction that isn't a massive pain in the ass to maintain (looking at you, Null Star) would be nice. I'm tired of Gloom being and answer for everything squishy. 

Archived