Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When people said that want prime resurgence rotations to stay longer then a week ....

iHaku

I dont know about you guys, but i feel like that was with the understanding that the event would eventually "end".

1 month is, in my oppinion, far too long per rotation for a permanent addition to the game. It would be a great time if the event only comes around once a year, but:

for something that is on a permanent rotation, this feels almost no different then regular vaulted relics if you ask me. if there are like 12 rotations, that's a whole year you have to wait for your relic to come up again.

thoughts?

I said it would be used to automate vaulted relic rotations.... And there it is.

Now, what you see as "too long", it just means that most people will simply have enough time to get Aya and get vaulted relics. I see no problem with it because the Aya you get will simply not disappear and can be used later on Relics that you don't have... And people can choose which vaulted relic they want, instead of getting a bunch of relics they don't want at all.

But then again, you specifically might not need any vaulted relics... Which basically makes your "too long" a moot point...

30 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Now, what you see as "too long", it just means that most people will simply have enough time to get Aya and get vaulted relics.

this makes no sense. if the rotation is endles, meaning it repeats, then  you got enough time no matter what. shorter rotation time just means you get to whichever you want faster, no matter which one it is, unless its the one the system starts with (and that is assuming that you cant get the aya for it in a whole week)

ideally the rotations would last 1 hour, which is obviously non sense, because at that point rotations wouldnt need to be a thing anymore anyway, but it shows that its in the players interest for rotations to be short, rather than long. 

25 minutes ago, iHaku said:

it shows that its in the players interest for rotations to be short, rather than long.

... Then you're saying that all the players that prefer it to be long rather than short aren't players at all? I would feel pretty insulted right now, if I was one of them.

What about the trimester, or longer, periods per Prime Access, which would vault relics of two Primes and their respective Prime equipment? Weren't those "too long"?

1 month is a pretty solid compromise.

24 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

What about the trimester, or longer, periods per Prime Access, which would vault relics of two Primes and their respective Prime equipment?

how does that matter at all? the discussion is between the "1 week" vs "1 month" per rotation, in an endless cycle. no matter what, at 1 month you wait longer, unless you want the rotation that's up right now.

41 minutes ago, iHaku said:

how does that matter at all? the discussion is between the "1 week" vs "1 month" per rotation, in an endless cycle. no matter what, at 1 month you wait longer, unless you want the rotation that's up right now.

It matters for the same reason that the previous manual Relic vaulting was as endless as Prime Resurgence, which came to replace the manual system.

Time frame.

If the previous vaulted relic availability window wasn't an issue then, I'm pretty sure that the current Resurgence vaulted relic availability window isn't an issue now as well... Unless you don't want the rotation that's up right now. If that's the case, you can simply not do any of it this month.

Like I said, 1 month is a pretty solid compromise between "too short" and "too long", and this after DE considered the Resurgence feedback when it was initially presented... Unless you have a different time measurement than everyone else, because 1 month can fly away pretty fast for most people, especially if they have a job.

Still better than dealing with rotations being 5 months or longer.

But a month sounds like a good time window to me. It's not too long but is around long enough for people lacking Aya to farm it during a rotation. Yeah they could stockpile but we've had this same issue with Baro and many years later players still don't stockpile Ducats/scrap, won't be any different with Aya.

this might kill the vaulted frame sets/parts economy over the cours eof the next year, but benefit those who buy loads of plat wanting to get more for less.  it was a marketing decision, purely, i mean look at royal aya costs and some of the prime items costs in relative $$$-to-Raya value.  this likely was decided even before the first prime resurgence for the next time when warframe's  chinese owners stockholders are screaming for increased dividends, which must have been in the past couple months  :P

the month period seems fine,especially since accumulated aya is around to stay every cycle.

Yeah I feel the same way.

Because Aya is a permanent reward now, its something that will build up in players inventories. So when the next rotation comes around which has relics players want, then they will most likely have the aya they need to buy and use as many relics as needed within the first week of the rotation.

The only real benefit to having month long rotations is that players will have time to farm the aya they need to get the relics for this first rotation. That, and new players who play very casually will have the time to farm the aya for all of the relics from every rotation. But for the players who already have 1 or 2 weapons/ frames in the rotation, its going to be way too slow.

What would be nice is if there was a build up of options so that each vaulting pair was accessible for a month, but the options changed every week or every fortnight.

Fingers crossed they are doing that. The catch-up weeks from the original event showed that it's possible to have lots of options available at once. If they are, we'll hopefully see something added next Wednesday

vor 14 Stunden schrieb iHaku:

I dont know about you guys, but i feel like that was with the understanding that the event would eventually "end".

1 month is, in my oppinion, far too long per rotation for a permanent addition to the game. It would be a great time if the event only comes around once a year, but:

for something that is on a permanent rotation, this feels almost no different then regular vaulted relics if you ask me. if there are like 12 rotations, that's a whole year you have to wait for your relic to come up again.

thoughts?

I agree!
finally i can enjoy super awesome khal mission and get distracted with such prime nonsense!

I agree with your sentiment, but I suspect the decision to make the rotation 1 month long is a compromise between granting access to newer players and not completely tanking the seller market.  The seller market for Prime parts has probably already taken a hit, and if they actually made the rotation 1-week long (or taken to the logical extreme of making everything always available) then it would probably just collapse wholesale.

Just now, MqToasty said:

but I suspect the decision to make the rotation 1 month long is a compromise between granting access to newer players and not completely tanking the seller market. 

then they shouldnt frame it as "hey guys, we heard you. 1 week is too short so we made it 1 month" which actively works against us. Noone in their right mind who thinks about this system for more than a second would want the rotation to last 1 month is those are the 2 options.

41 minutes ago, iHaku said:

Noone in their right mind who thinks about this system for more than a second would want the rotation to last 1 month is those are the 2 options.

I am in my right mind, and I think 1 month is a good compromise.  As others have said, when it was 1 week - that was too short.  For players who didn't have those Primes, it was a lot of grind in a short time to be able to get it all.   The normal prime vault situation (Where you had around 2-3 months per unvaulting) was too long between rotations if you're waiting on something.   Some frames have been in the vault for SEVERAL YEARS.   Of course 1 month is better than that.

1 month gives players (even those who have to work and stuff and can't be on 8 hours a day) ample time to grind for the Aya they need, and it's unvaulting things much quicker than the old Prime Vault would have.

Keeping in mind that it's 2 frames plus weapons - so a fair amount relics needed, and even in radshares it can take a few relics before you get the parts you need.  So you need to run a fair number of missions to get all the Aya you need.

14 hours ago, iHaku said:

ideally the rotations would last 1 hour, which is obviously non sense,

Yes, you're right, that would be complete nonsense.

So you're saying that you want Varzia's store selection to be available for 1 hour, then change to another completely new set of things for another hour and so on.....   So if you miss something, you'll have to wait for the next 1 hour slot to roll around.... and too bad if that happens to be when you're at work, or asleep, or having dinner..... or a million other reasons you might not be in the game that particular hour.

11 minutes ago, 0bsi said:

I am in my right mind, and I think 1 month is a good compromise.  As others have said, when it was 1 week - that was too short.  For players who didn't have those Primes, it was a lot of grind in a short time to be able to get it all.   The normal prime vault situation (Where you had around 2-3 months per unvaulting) was too long between rotations if you're waiting on something.   Some frames have been in the vault for SEVERAL YEARS.   Of course 1 month is better than that.

1 month gives players (even those who have to work and stuff and can't be on 8 hours a day) ample time to grind for the Aya they need, and it's unvaulting things much quicker than the old Prime Vault would have.

Keeping in mind that it's 2 frames plus weapons - so a fair amount relics needed, and even in radshares it can take a few relics before you get the parts you need.  So you need to run a fair number of missions to get all the Aya you need.

Yes, you're right, that would be complete nonsense.

So you're saying that you want Varzia's store selection to be available for 1 hour, then change to another completely new set of things for another hour and so on.....   So if you miss something, you'll have to wait for the next 1 hour slot to roll around.... and too bad if that happens to be when you're at work, or asleep, or having dinner..... or a million other reasons you might not be in the game that particular hour.

again, you seem to completly ignore the whole premise of DE's post that i'm talking about here. the wording they used implied that the decission was between 1 week and 1 month. nothing else.

yes, 1 hour, or even less, would be optimal, theoretically. it's not on the table, but let me just go trough and explain why it would be optimal to showcase why a shorter rotation time is in the players best interest:

because rotations are endless now. they come back. if you missed this hour, you'll probably get it the next one. or the one after that. or the next weekend, or whenever you got time. it rolls around constantly, meaning it's you can get it in the forseable future

with 1 month, if there's like 10 rotations, thats almost a year of waiting time. you might not even play the game at that time at all,since many players take larger breaks from the game and come back at a later date.

• During the event in 2021, the rotations were a week long. Players agreed that this was too short a window to earn the Aya and Relics they need from that rotation. So we have increased the rotation length to roughly a month each (specific dates will be made available for each rotation when we near the next). 

this is the wording they used. 1 week is too short for some players to get the aya for the relics they want right now because it was limited and wouldnt be available again in the forseable future.

but if the rotation is endless, then you will have the aya next time it comes around already because not only do you have time to prepare the aya, since its gonna be an evergreen now, but you might just get it on the side anyway.

1 hour ago, iHaku said:

then they shouldnt frame it as "hey guys, we heard you. 1 week is too short so we made it 1 month" which actively works against us.

I missed this reference.  Can you point me to where they said "hey guys, we heard you. 1 week is too short so we made it 1 month"?  I'd like to read the original myself and attempt to decipher the context.

1 hour ago, iHaku said:

Noone in their right mind who thinks about this system for more than a second would want the rotation to last 1 month is those are the 2 options.

Uh, what?  I would imagine sellers would want the rotation to be longer, no?  Wouldn't the prices bottom out immediately otherwise?

1 hour ago, iHaku said:

then they shouldnt frame it as "hey guys, we heard you. 1 week is too short so we made it 1 month" which actively works against us. Noone in their right mind who thinks about this system for more than a second would want the rotation to last 1 month is those are the 2 options.

Must be out of my mind then, let me give it a few more seconds … 

Well let’s see a week for sure isn’t long enough, neither is two. Which leaves … 3 or 4 - 3 being incredibly awkward scheduling wise. 

So 4 weeks is all that’s left, unless you’d prefer longer? 

Be sensible guys, just because some of you have nothing else to do but grind Aya everyday, that does not apply to everyone. Folks with jobs, families and other commitments, ya know? Real life? 

A month is fine, anything less you’re just punishing anyone who isn’t a 7 day per week grinder and making it a system the average Joe isn’t going to engage with at all. For sure if it was only 1 or 2 I’d ignore the majority of the time - this is far more accessible and nothing to stress over. 

28 minutes ago, MqToasty said:

I missed this reference.  Can you point me to where they said "hey guys, we heard you. 1 week is too short so we made it 1 month"?  I'd like to read the original myself and attempt to decipher the context.

i literally quoted it in the post you quoted that from.

16 minutes ago, MumblesMcphatty said:

Be sensible guys, just because some of you have nothing else to do but grind Aya everyday, that does not apply to everyone.

but if the rotation comes back fast, then you still have the aya. you dont need to get all the aya to buy everything in 1 week, since it comes back. and in 1 week per rotation, it comes back 4 times as fast as it takes for the last rotation to arrive even once. again, the rotations stay forever now. once the last one is over, it comes back around and your aya isnt removed. if you're a big family man, you can farm the aya whenever and buy the relics when the rotation you need is up. and it takes less time for that rotation to appear.

7 minutes ago, iHaku said:

i literally quoted it in the post you quoted that from.

but if the rotation comes back fast, then you still have the aya. you dont need to get all the aya to buy everything in 1 week, since it comes back. and in 1 week per rotation, it comes back 4 times as fast as it takes for the last rotation to arrive even once. again, the rotations stay forever now. once the last one is over, it comes back around and your aya isnt removed. if you're a big family man, you can farm the aya whenever and buy the relics when the rotation you need is up. and it takes less time for that rotation to appear.

Way to miss the point. What you describe is just a constant weekly hassle impinging on regular game time. Straight up, a weekly rotation I would not engage with at all. Would not even go look at the vendor.

A system that demands I check in once a week, establish what I’m short for and then grind for it specifically - is just an added stress on limited time. 

A month is perfect, I can check in the first week, or not, no stress since I have time. Carry on doing what I’m doing and let the Aya build up organically - this is vastly preferable to adding another weekly/daily stressor to an already full game. 

Where is the downside to having everything already and saying, “Ok cool, I can bank my Aya and not stress about this until next month?” I really don’t see one besides the Prime plat market taking a dip, which isn’t really isn’t a negative personally.

Archived